Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French West Coast 14:09 - Jul 15 with 4957 viewsLoftusR

Hi all,

Like many of us I am looking at some options to take the family away in mid August. Looking at all the various travel restrictions and not wanting to be stuck in a plane for several hours I am thinking of driving over to France.

Ideally I would like to go to Ile de Re but I can't get any accomdation there. So can anyone suggest a specific town / resort that is on the beach in that general area. I don't want to go too much further south as the drive gets too much

All advice welcome
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 14:11]
French West Coast on 18:41 - Jul 27 with 816 viewshantssi

French West Coast on 22:37 - Jul 26 by derbyhoop

Royan which is south of La Rochelle, but still north (just) of Gironde.
Also La Palmyre and Cote Sauvage.

Vendee is OK but a bit flat and featureless.

Take the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen, Cherbourg or St Malo. Caen is probably the closest and A28 takes you most of the way. Driving on motorways with minimal traffic until you get to Tours.

We live about 2 hours inland from La Rochelle but took several holidays on West Coast, before we bought here.

Agree about the Vendee, preferred SW Brittany myself, went many, many times when the kids were small, beautiful beaches and coastline, lovely old towns and countryside, what’s not to love.
French West Coast on 12:01 - Jul 28 with 741 viewshantssi

French West Coast on 18:41 - Jul 27 by hantssi

Agree about the Vendee, preferred SW Brittany myself, went many, many times when the kids were small, beautiful beaches and coastline, lovely old towns and countryside, what’s not to love.

Just read that Quiberon has been given a night time curfew, it’s a lovely town, well worth a visit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024