Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we learnt? 19:11 - Apr 17 with 3693 viewsconnell10

Since the rotherham what with all the changes in team personal , diffrent formations, players playing in completely diffrent postions what have we learnt? Im throwing this question out to all the tactics experts on here , who know about all these techincal things! Im just a fan who wants to see my team win and i aint got a scoobys whats going on!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What have we learnt? on 11:16 - Apr 18 with 624 viewsHunterhoop

What have we learnt? on 09:51 - Apr 18 by WadR

It was Hall and Caulker against Newcastle. Lynch didn't play.

That's not to say I disagree with you. I rate Onuoha and Hall as our best two centrehalves.

I think with a defence, the most important thing is continuity of shape and selection. Especially at this level. We've played umpteen different defensive formations, with umpteen different permutations of players - often changing them several times within the same game, so it's hardly a surprise we can't keep a clean sheet.

I think we've learnt in recent games that Ollie needs to decide if he wants to play 4 or 5 at the back next season and stick with it for a prolonged period. We had success January through March playing that 5-3-2/4-3-3 because, although it was a little reactive, it had a clear shape and game plan the players could execute.

If Holloway wants to play 5 at the back, I think you've got to question a) Do we have the wingbacks for it? b) Are our centrebacks comfortable enough on the ball to play it? Personally, I think the answer to a) is no and b) a borderline yes. Bidwell doesn't have the acceleration or consistent crossing ability to be an asset at wing back - he had success dovetailing with Shodipo earlier in the season and I think he needs a winger in front of him as he just doesn't have the deftness to be an attacking threat as a winger. Perch isn't a wingback, Furlong may develop into one - but I think he's certainly more of a fullback as things stand and too early to say about Robinson.

I don't mind experimentation, but I think we're handicapping ourselves by playing so many different systems in different (or even the same) games. Best teams at this level - Brighton, Huddersfield, Fulham, Newcastle - play with a pretty consistent shape game to game.

Good correction, WadR. All the drink is addling my memory.

Agree with what you say. I think our full backs, our forwards and our central midfielders are crying out for some wingers to play so they have an out ball, and better delivery into the box.
What have we learnt? on 12:12 - Apr 18 with 585 viewssimmo

What have we learnt? on 11:16 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Good correction, WadR. All the drink is addling my memory.

Agree with what you say. I think our full backs, our forwards and our central midfielders are crying out for some wingers to play so they have an out ball, and better delivery into the box.

1)

----------------Smithies-----------------
Furs-------Chief----Hall-------Bidwell
-----------Luongo--Manning----------
Wzolek------------------------Freeman
---------------Smith Wash--------------

2)

Wzolek-------Freeman----Ngbokoto
----------------Smith --------------------

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

What have we learnt? on 17:20 - Apr 18 with 511 viewsderbyhoop

I suspect we learnt more from Monday than any of the previous 3 or 4 games. If we write off Caulker, and I think that's a given, we are short of numbers at CB and do not have adequate cover for Furlong at RB. There were only 3 defenders missing Monday. So, unless Finney or Paul can step up, we may need to sign a CB and another RB.

Put away the pitchforks, but we will need Perch's versatility, so he should be offered a new deal.

I also think we look light up front. Smith, Sylla and Washington are OK but we need at least one more.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What have we learnt? on 17:38 - Apr 18 with 504 viewsHunterhoop

What have we learnt? on 12:12 - Apr 18 by simmo

1)

Wzolek------------------------Freeman
---------------Smith Wash--------------

2)

Wzolek-------Freeman----Ngbokoto
----------------Smith --------------------

YES!

These are the two shapes and personnel I'd be exploring now. Slightly prefer 1 over 2, with Freeman a little tucked in .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024