Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fans forum 14:39 - Nov 10 with 13682 viewswombat

anyone going ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

fans forum on 20:55 - Nov 12 with 3553 viewsDorse

fans forum on 20:04 - Nov 12 by RBlock

Geezer behind me has fallen asleep and is now snoring. That might give you a little hint as to how things are going

Quick Arbie! Draw a cock on his forehead!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

fans forum on 21:16 - Nov 12 with 3436 viewsFredManRave

fans forum on 20:55 - Nov 12 by Dorse

Quick Arbie! Draw a cock on his forehead!

And then go and get a bowl of warm water and stick his hands in there and rejoice as he pisses himself.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

fans forum on 21:55 - Nov 12 with 3265 viewsDevonWhite

Thought Lee Hoos came across extremely well. Encouraging to see someone apparently confident, intelligent, experienced and committed. Shame that about 15 mins was taken up with people moaning about the club not doing enough for Stan Bowles (really??).
fans forum on 22:18 - Nov 12 with 3139 viewsActonOccident

Was only watching on the player but that moan at the end about the club not doing enough to support Bowles (is he really that destitute that he gets worse care than anyone else in his circumstances?) was cringeworthy and a bit insulting to all the hard work the club put into Stan Bowles day. Reminded me of that forum with Beard two years back where people turned up with minority axes to grind.
fans forum on 04:41 - Nov 13 with 2858 viewsbarbicanranger

I feel like Chris Ramsey was given the job before Hoos came along, is that right?

I'm optimistic he will make a good appointment. That said with him as a football orientated CEO, Les as DoF and Warnock as interim and consultant you get the feeling there are two many chefs / conflict of interests.
fans forum (n/t) on 06:07 - Nov 13 with 2815 viewsisawqpratwcity

fans forum on 04:41 - Nov 13 by barbicanranger

I feel like Chris Ramsey was given the job before Hoos came along, is that right?

I'm optimistic he will make a good appointment. That said with him as a football orientated CEO, Les as DoF and Warnock as interim and consultant you get the feeling there are two many chefs / conflict of interests.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 6:10]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

fans forum on 08:13 - Nov 13 with 2627 viewsconnell10

fans forum on 22:18 - Nov 12 by ActonOccident

Was only watching on the player but that moan at the end about the club not doing enough to support Bowles (is he really that destitute that he gets worse care than anyone else in his circumstances?) was cringeworthy and a bit insulting to all the hard work the club put into Stan Bowles day. Reminded me of that forum with Beard two years back where people turned up with minority axes to grind.

Really???One of our greatest players . I thought they had every right to moan if the club is not giving them full support in helping one of our greats in his hour of need! Stan gave me great pleasure watching him play and earnt the club thousands , i think its right and just that the club give something back to one of our legends, if it takes a bit of moaning at a fans meeting to give Hoo,s and co a kick up the backside , then im right behind it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

fans forum on 08:31 - Nov 13 with 2575 viewsdanehoop

fans forum on 08:13 - Nov 13 by connell10

Really???One of our greatest players . I thought they had every right to moan if the club is not giving them full support in helping one of our greats in his hour of need! Stan gave me great pleasure watching him play and earnt the club thousands , i think its right and just that the club give something back to one of our legends, if it takes a bit of moaning at a fans meeting to give Hoo,s and co a kick up the backside , then im right behind it!

Connell, I usually agree with you on most things but I am scratching my head on this one. The club have done a hell of a lot for him and for Alzheimers this season. Have I missed something, what more are they supposed to have done?

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

fans forum on 10:24 - Nov 13 with 2404 viewsconnell10

fans forum on 08:31 - Nov 13 by danehoop

Connell, I usually agree with you on most things but I am scratching my head on this one. The club have done a hell of a lot for him and for Alzheimers this season. Have I missed something, what more are they supposed to have done?

Why not make it a whole season of stan bowles events! Further more why did we have to wait until one of our greats was ill to honour him, this should have been done years ago. Oh and thank you for agreeing with me most of the time mate, that's kinda nice

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

fans forum on 10:30 - Nov 13 with 2372 viewsJamie

fans forum on 08:31 - Nov 13 by danehoop

Would have to agree, Alzheimer's is a horrible condition and its desperately sad to see a club legend afflicted, but ultimately it's a private matter and I have no doubt that the club will fully support the family if/when required.
fans forum on 10:37 - Nov 13 with 2351 viewsrobith

fans forum on 10:30 - Nov 13 by Jamie

Would have to agree, Alzheimer's is a horrible condition and its desperately sad to see a club legend afflicted, but ultimately it's a private matter and I have no doubt that the club will fully support the family if/when required.

Agreed, his family put a lot of caveats on Stan Bowles day around not approaching him etc. Yeah he's a legend for us etc, but he's also a dad, granddad etc and we have to respect his family's wishes over our desires. Doubt they want constant attention about the fact that someone very close to them has a debilitating illness which day by day is robbing them of that person
fans forum on 10:38 - Nov 13 with 2343 viewsQPR442

so, did we find out anything about Stadium/Training ground/FFP/Debt/Manager/Players/Wifi?
fans forum on 10:44 - Nov 13 with 2308 viewsNorthernr

fans forum on 10:38 - Nov 13 by QPR442

so, did we find out anything about Stadium/Training ground/FFP/Debt/Manager/Players/Wifi?

I'll do a piece later today, bits and pieces.
fans forum on 10:47 - Nov 13 with 2291 viewsNorthernr

fans forum on 08:13 - Nov 13 by connell10

This is a bit like what have the Romans ever done for us. I mean, what have QPR ever done for Stan Bowles this season, apart from dedicating an entire day to him, producing a special programme of which he and the Alzheimer's Society were beneficiaries, producing special one-off shirts for the game which were auctioned off likewise, bringing him onto the pitch before the game and at half time, hosting his entire family in the hospitality all day, launching online fund raisers, inviting him back again and doing it all again a few weeks later with the 75/76 lot.

QPR used to be bloody awful with their former players, but they're great now and it's a credit to the press and hospitality teams that they've turned it around. Last night they must have wondered why on earth they've bothered.
fans forum on 11:23 - Nov 13 with 2214 views1MoreBrightonR

I'm with Clive on this....you could pretty much say that more should be done for everything on that basis.

The World War I dead? Shocking that we only do a minutes silence for them before one game a year and have one Sunday in their honour...surely it should happen every Sunday. It happens once for many reasons but partly because it has a lot more impact.
fans forum on 11:36 - Nov 13 with 2179 viewsMvpeter

fans forum on 10:24 - Nov 13 by connell10

Why not make it a whole season of stan bowles events! Further more why did we have to wait until one of our greats was ill to honour him, this should have been done years ago. Oh and thank you for agreeing with me most of the time mate, that's kinda nice

How can you have such disrespect for one of our greats? We should name a stand after him, have Alzheimer's Society as our shirt sponsor for the next 15 years and invest next years transfer budget into finding a cure!

Poll: Who should be our left back?

fans forum on 11:41 - Nov 13 with 2165 viewsMvpeter

fans forum on 11:23 - Nov 13 by 1MoreBrightonR

I'm with Clive on this....you could pretty much say that more should be done for everything on that basis.

The World War I dead? Shocking that we only do a minutes silence for them before one game a year and have one Sunday in their honour...surely it should happen every Sunday. It happens once for many reasons but partly because it has a lot more impact.

In order to properly appreciate what people have done for us, we'd have to spend every waking moment thinking about it as the impact of, for example, WW2 affects every second of our lives.

Luckily however this is not why people make sacrifices and the best way to honour them is to live according to the principles they fought for. And an occasional event lest we ever forget.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

fans forum on 11:56 - Nov 13 with 2119 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Come on, name names who was it who seems to have been living on cloud Fulllers ESB
fans forum on 12:40 - Nov 13 with 2023 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seriously, what have the Romans ever done for us?
fans forum on 12:49 - Nov 13 with 1984 viewsHayesender

fans forum on 10:38 - Nov 13 by QPR442

Just received this email if that's any help

Dear All,

A planning framework which will deliver more than 25,500 new homes and create up to 65,000 jobs at Old Oak and Park Royal has been approved and adopted by the Mayor of London.

Old Oak in West London is set to become home to a new world-class High Speed 2 (HS2) and Crossrail Station by 2026, handling 250,000 passengers a day and acting as a super hub between London and the rest of the UK, Europe and the world.

The Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC) was launched by the Mayor in April and will drive the planning and regeneration of the site that straddles the London boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Brent and Ealing.

Earlier this year, the Mayor published an Opportunity Area Planning Framework (OAPF) for consultation, which sets out his long-term vision for the area. Thank you to those who made comments and suggestions during the consultation. Following the conclusion of that consultation, the Mayor has now adopted the document on 4th November 2015 which sets the strategic planning direction for the area.

The planning framework aims to:

- Create a new urban quarter at Old Oak, supporting a minimum of 24,000 new homes with an additional 1,500 homes in non-industrial locations in Park Royal.

- Plan for the new High Speed 2/Crossrail and National Rail interchange to regenerate the area and contribute significantly to London’s competitiveness.

- Support the creation of 55,000 new jobs at Old Oak and a further 10,000 jobs at Park Royal.

- Protect and enhance Park Royal as a strategic industrial location.

- Ensure new development safeguards nearby amenity assets such as Wormwood Scrubs and the Grand Union Canal.

- Work with communities, residents and businesses to realise the strategy

The full press release can be read here

The adopted Old Oak and Park Royal OAPF can be read here.

The Greater London Authority’s responses to comments received during the public consultation on the draft Old Oak and Park Royal OAPF can be read here.

A track-changed version of the OAPF highlighting the amendments made to the OAPF following the public consultation can be read here.

Other documents relating to the OAPF can be found here on our webpage.

Kind Regards,

Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC)

Poll: Shamima Beghum

fans forum on 12:51 - Nov 13 with 1973 viewssimmo

Stan Bowles has been to more games than me this season - we should be congratulating the club for what they've done, not giving them grief!
[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 12:52]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

fans forum on 17:50 - Nov 13 with 1746 viewsTW_R

Here you go - http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-fans-forum-lee-hoos-andy-sinton-watch-agai
fans forum on 19:41 - Nov 13 with 1665 viewsGetMeRangers

fans forum on 17:50 - Nov 13 by TW_R

Here you go - http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-fans-forum-lee-hoos-andy-sinton-watch-agai

A great listen IMO.Restored some faith listening to Lee Hoos. I like him a lot. Amusing, informative and Seems to have his head screwed on.

Not the cheeriest group of fans listening. Felt as if a number had heard so much crap over the years that they didnt want to believe that the club are trying to do the right thing for a change

Yes, I am naive and know nothing about football, but I do want to believe that it is never as bad as it seems and that sometimes it may be better than I hoped
fans forum on 19:57 - Nov 13 with 1647 viewsgigiisourgod

fans forum on 19:41 - Nov 13 by GetMeRangers

A great listen IMO.Restored some faith listening to Lee Hoos. I like him a lot. Amusing, informative and Seems to have his head screwed on.

Not the cheeriest group of fans listening. Felt as if a number had heard so much crap over the years that they didnt want to believe that the club are trying to do the right thing for a change

Yes, I am naive and know nothing about football, but I do want to believe that it is never as bad as it seems and that sometimes it may be better than I hoped

There's bits of Lee hoos I like but I really feel he is out of his depth as the footballing infrastructure around him just isn't there. Since when has Ferdinand been the fountain of all football knowledge. Galling to hear them talking about all the small things when I think about those contracts handed out, although admittedly not Hoo's fault and probably not even Beard's fault.
fans forum (n/t) on 22:04 - Nov 13 with 1527 viewsPunteR

fans forum on 19:41 - Nov 13 by GetMeRangers

[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 10:50]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024