Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll 17:50 - Oct 16 with 1993 viewsFredManRave

Looks like we're going to try and beat West Hams 268.

The article does read well with all the right things being said;

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/andy-impey-qpr-academy-gary-karsa-murray-jones

Former R’s winger appointed Academy Coach ...

Impey appointed Academy Coach at QPR
Former midfielder has been working on voluntary basis for six months
Gary Karsa and Murray Jones also arrive
ANDY Impey has returned to Loftus Road as part of the club’s Academy set-up.

Impey, who famously wore the QPR shirt for seven years between 1990 and 1997, making 226 appearances, has been appointed Academy Coach.

The 43 year-old has been working on a voluntary basis for the last six months, and having impressed, he’s now been handed a full-time role, working across the Academy, from the Under-12 age group through to the Elite Development Squad.

A delighted Impey told www.qpr.co.uk: “Les (Ferdinand) and all the staff have welcomed me back to the club with open arms.

“The club allowed me to come in last season and shadow Paul Hall and Paul Furlong and that’s continued into this season — their help and guidance was invaluable in helping me settle in.

“Now I’m here full-time and it’s a big step forward for me personally.

“I will relish coming into work at west London’s finest club every day!”

He added: “What the club is striving to do at Academy level, with its new philosophy — with Les and Chris (Ramsey) leading from the top — is fantastic.

“We're trying to create a lasting legacy, where when you come up against QPR, you know it's a QPR side based on its core values, playing the game in the manner this club has always been renowned for over the years.

“Coming back here in the last few months, it feels as though it's like the QPR of yesteryear, back to when I was here as a player.

“Everyone is welcome, everyone looks after each other — staff and players — and the supporters are with us. It’s a one club mentality.

“That's what QPR has always been about for me personally, so I'm delighted to be part of it again.”

In addition to Impey’s appointment, Gary Karsa and Murray Jones have also recently joined the club’s Academy staff on a full-time basis.

Karsa, who left Aston Villa in May 2014, has arrived as Head of Academy Recruitment; whilst Jones has been promoted from a part-time position into the role of Assistant Professional Development Coach, working with the Under-18 and Elite Development Squad age groups.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, added: “We’re delighted to officially welcome all three of them to the club.

“They’ve all been with us a short while now and are thoroughly embracing each of the roles they’re undertaking.

“We’ve got a strong staffing unit at the Academy and the building blocks are in place for us to continue to improve and raise the standards across the whole set-up.”

Academy Manager, Perry Suckling, who works with the trio on a daily basis, told www.qpr.co.uk: “We’re really pleased with how all three have settled into their roles.

“Andy lives and breathes football and he’s flourishing in his new position.

“He’s got great experience of representing this club at the highest level, and that’s invaluable for our young players.

“As well as coaching throughout the Academy, he’s also working closely with our loan players, watching them during their spells away from QPR, providing them feedback on their performances and relaying information to the First Team and Academy staff on a regular basis.

“He’s got a fantastic eye for young players and can give a personal, informed insight into what it means — and what it takes — to play for this club.”

Suckling added: “Gary’s arrival — in a hugely important role — will help us build from the top level down, improving both the infrastructure and recruitment process going forward.

“He’s got great contacts in the game and knows the west London catchment area well, which is something we are keen to develop. There are plenty of talented kids in the area, but not enough in our Academy at present, and that’s something we want to change.

“He’s working closely with QPR in the Community Trust to build his team of scouts — his eyes and ears if you like — in the local area, so we’re the club everyone is talking about, in the schools and the local community, in west London and further afield.

“Murray has shown what a good coach he is and he’s more than earned his promotion into a full-time role.

“He’s a calm, authoritative figure, who is well-liked and respected by the players.

“He’s floating between the Under-18 and Under-21 age groups, passing on his wisdom and knowledge, to help aid the development of our scholars and young professionals.”

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 17:54 - Oct 16 with 1980 viewsLblock

One Love - One Club

I do hope Imps will still be popping into The Adelaide for the odd pre-match libation and not go all "circumstance" on us.

Welcome (again) Imps

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 19:45 - Oct 16 with 1882 viewsderbyhoop

Gary Karsa is the really important one. If we are to improve at Academy level we need to recruit the best youngsters from the area. Something we haven't done for a long while. Even Grego Cox was originally on Brentfords books.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 21:23 - Oct 16 with 1789 viewsgigiisourgod

Excellent news, cracking lad who played for us with distinction. A great no nonsense character to have help with the set up.
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 21:46 - Oct 16 with 1758 viewsbillericaydicky

Good luck to him - last time I saw him he was on the pitch celebrating at Watford! (when we beat them 2-0 and won the league).

Allegedly...
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 23:08 - Oct 16 with 1678 viewsstevec

When the clubs locked into player contracts that mean another probable loss of 20-30 million again this season then the idea of consolidation, as romantic as it sounds, is not an option.
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 23:53 - Oct 16 with 1648 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I used to know that Murray Jones. He played for Palace a few times then had a spell out in China and Hong Kong. Nice bloke. We managed to get him to play for our Sunday League team once and he stood out. Mind you, you would expect him to in Croydon Sunday League Division 8!!
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 04:02 - Oct 17 with 1584 viewsBklynRanger

Very happy to see The Evil Imp getting a job with us. After 6 months of volunteering it's not like he just rolled out of bed and there's no doubt he's hardcore Rangers.
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 07:35 - Oct 17 with 1533 viewsstonebridgers

I liked Impey as a player and he clearly has a sof spot for the club so it is a move in the right direction. Now how about going to Kevin Gallen and getting him involved. The more old players who have a knowledge and affection for the club the better. I draw the line at Michael Meaker

Stonebridgers

Login to get fewer ads

Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 09:11 - Oct 17 with 1469 viewsGetMeRangers

After hearing him on Player, I think it is great. Whether he is any good is another matter, but if we are to have useless people at the club, I would far rather have those who are so passionate about the club

Hope he goes on to be a success... I would even draft him into 1st XI dressing room before matches!
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 09:26 - Oct 17 with 1452 viewsSaycey

Gary Karsa was sacked from Villa last year after a bullying investigation

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-sack-ia

With that on his CV he must have had a brilliant interview. Or someone might have put in a word...
Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 09:34 - Oct 17 with 1445 viewsGetMeRangers

Impey Getting Paid In Full Time Roll on 09:26 - Oct 17 by Saycey

Gary Karsa was sacked from Villa last year after a bullying investigation

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-sack-ia

With that on his CV he must have had a brilliant interview. Or someone might have put in a word...

Or he may have learnt the error of his ways and reformed. Sure he will be given the heave ho if he repeats it here, but he looks like a good appointment, past misdemeanours aside
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024