Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brian Sewell Dies 22:39 - Sep 19 with 7233 viewsToast_R

RIP Brian Sewell...
Whilst I never understood much of what he talked about, you couldn't help but enjoy that unmistakably upper class posh Edwardian accent.

I came to know of him via the Victor Lewis-Smith windups in the early 90s.
Brian Sewell Dies on 14:32 - Sep 20 with 1952 viewsDorse

'Brian Sewell's death was, sadly, a tawdry affair that provoked a profound sense of ennui, I'm afraid. I approached this death with real optimism, hoping for a note of surprise or a shock that would awaken meditation on the transcendent. However, I found it to be nothing short of derivative and, frankly, disappointing. It will please fans of his early work but is unlikely to feature among his best. 3 stars'.
Quentin Bumjoy, Arts Supplement, Dungeons and Dragons Monthly

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brian Sewell Dies on 14:45 - Sep 20 with 1936 viewsMrSheen

Brian Sewell Dies on 14:32 - Sep 20 by Dorse

'Brian Sewell's death was, sadly, a tawdry affair that provoked a profound sense of ennui, I'm afraid. I approached this death with real optimism, hoping for a note of surprise or a shock that would awaken meditation on the transcendent. However, I found it to be nothing short of derivative and, frankly, disappointing. It will please fans of his early work but is unlikely to feature among his best. 3 stars'.
Quentin Bumjoy, Arts Supplement, Dungeons and Dragons Monthly

Yah, ebsolutely.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 14:49]
Brian Sewell Dies on 14:47 - Sep 20 with 1934 viewsCamberleyR

Brian Sewell Dies on 08:35 - Sep 20 by johncharles

RIP Brian, he will be sorely missed. He was the antidote to Tracy Emin and Damien Hearst.

Not to mention Banksy.

Banksy:
“Any fool who can put paint on canvas or turn a cardboard box into a sculpture is lauded. Banksy should have been put down at birth. It’s no good as art, drawing or painting. His work has no virtue. It’s merely the sheer scale of his impudence that has given him so much publicity.”

Hirst:
“Were Hirst’s canvases the work of a late teenager, we might take the random lines around the skulls as a clever allusion to the measuring-points of a sculptor of Canova’s generation, or as an illusion of cracked glass, and forgive the ugly clumsiness of inexperienced execution; but Hirst is nearing his half-century and should have a far higher level of skill than this rough daubing, with which he degrades his master, Bacon.”

Emin:
“The sane man must ask whether he should give any of this pretentious stuff the time of day in aesthetic terms when it seems that this self-regarding exhibitionist is ignorant, inarticulate, talentless, loutish and now very rich.”

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brian Sewell Dies on 17:20 - Sep 20 with 1871 viewsToast_R

Brian Sewell Dies on 14:45 - Sep 20 by MrSheen

Yah, ebsolutely.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 14:49]

As Uncle Albert once said, that's one he'll of parting you've got going on there son!
Brian Sewell Dies on 18:02 - Sep 20 with 1849 viewsconnell10

He seemed to come across as a arrogant dick. Im really not bothered in the slightest that he has snuffed it.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Brian Sewell Dies on 20:05 - Sep 20 with 1789 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Brian Sewell Dies on 17:20 - Sep 20 by Toast_R

As Uncle Albert once said, that's one he'll of parting you've got going on there son!

Grass doesn't grow on a busy street
Brian Sewell Dies on 00:15 - Sep 21 with 1727 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Brian Sewell Dies on 10:06 - Sep 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes it says Benny The Ball, in the same way Norman Bates answered the phone in his mum's voice.

Or the way Inspector Clouseau believed he was an ace detective. Turn it in you clown, there's only 1 variety of strawberry jam.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2015 0:32]
Brian Sewell Dies on 00:18 - Sep 21 with 1726 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Brian Sewell Dies on 03:21 - Sep 20 by isawqpratwcity

No, I won't be changing that poll. I leave it there because it allows me to be uncharitable of people who have died, when I think truths have to be faced. But in the case of both Thatcher and Mandela, they have claim to having made significant positive change in the world, while they are also often severely condemned for things that they did.

I don't see how Brian Sewell qualifies on either account. Why do you dislike him so much?

I was thinking of translating Bazza's post for you, but I won't bother now. You can read. You figure it out.

No need to translate your own post bazza.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2015 0:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Brian Sewell Dies on 00:21 - Sep 21 with 1722 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Brian Sewell Dies on 18:02 - Sep 20 by connell10

He seemed to come across as a arrogant dick. Im really not bothered in the slightest that he has snuffed it.

Bazza, is this is SoG too? Does your dog bite? Do you have a license for that minkey?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2015 0:23]
Brian Sewell Dies on 00:41 - Sep 21 with 1709 viewsconnell10

Brian Sewell Dies on 00:21 - Sep 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Bazza, is this is SoG too? Does your dog bite? Do you have a license for that minkey?

No im just not pretending im interested in someone who just died who i didnt really like! oh by the way i always liked spook in top cat.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Brian Sewell Dies on 01:08 - Sep 21 with 1702 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Brian Sewell Dies on 00:41 - Sep 21 by connell10

No im just not pretending im interested in someone who just died who i didnt really like! oh by the way i always liked spook in top cat.

Yep Spook was a top character but sadly more olive than blue and white.
Brian Sewell Dies on 01:35 - Sep 21 with 1692 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brian Sewell Dies on 00:21 - Sep 21 by Benny_the_Ball

You are not well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024