Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS 12:10 - Apr 28 with 7736 viewsthame_hoops

WHat does anyone else think of this movie?

Can't help but feeling disappointed with it, great effects, the opening scene filmed all in one take (supposedly) was amazing but can't help feel the witty 'one liners' were too forced and ultron wasn't as menacing as the trailers showed. It's as if the director forgot about cap America2 and don't get me started on the films romantic interests.

Still it sets up nicely for the next one and the hulk spin off

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:04 - Apr 30 with 2458 viewsrobith

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:21 - Apr 30 by thame_hoops

that does look intersting.

have to say the last spideman films with andrew garfield have been good. i hope sony doesnt do another reboot.

Amazing Spiderman was ok, but Amazing Spiderman 2 was absolute dirge. Probably the worst comic book movie ever made
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:44 - Apr 30 with 2438 viewsBasingstokeR

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:04 - Apr 30 by robith

Amazing Spiderman was ok, but Amazing Spiderman 2 was absolute dirge. Probably the worst comic book movie ever made

Worse than...
Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
DareDevil
Elektra
Ghostrider (either one)
Catwoman
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace?
Man of Steel???
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 13:04 - Apr 30 with 2419 viewsthame_hoops

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:44 - Apr 30 by BasingstokeR

Worse than...
Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
DareDevil
Elektra
Ghostrider (either one)
Catwoman
Man of Steel???

Good grief that list *shudders
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 13:11 - Apr 30 with 2413 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:44 - Apr 30 by BasingstokeR

Worse than...
Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
DareDevil
Elektra
Ghostrider (either one)
Catwoman
Man of Steel???

Has anyone seen the Daredevil series on Netflix? From what I've seen so far it's pretty damn good - very dark and violent, definitely not a kids series. Also, looks like Daredevil will make the transition to the cinematic MCU.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 13:14 - Apr 30 with 2406 viewsrobith

Worse than...
Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
DareDevil
Elektra
Ghostrider (either one)
Catwoman
Man of Steel???

Maybe not Batman and Robin but it'd put it against most others in that list
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 13:16 - Apr 30 with 2402 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:22 - Apr 30 by timcocking

No of fence, but i wouldn't watch it for any amount of money. Well, not for less than four figures. Certain I'd rate it 1 out of 10.

Any film with good special effects will almost certainly be, at least to me, utter sh!te.

Withnail and I, Pulp Fiction, Fargo. That is what movies should be like. Anything with explosions or, heaven forbid, a car chase, can fcuk right off Imo.

Mate, wih all due respect, you have just named the 3 worst films I have ever seen in my entire life. Pulp fiction? a film of over aged washe dout actors that are lost because Arnie isn't their....each to their own but not for me mate...terrible films...IMHO
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 13:27 - Apr 30 with 2394 viewssimmo

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 13:11 - Apr 30 by Orthodox_Hoop

Has anyone seen the Daredevil series on Netflix? From what I've seen so far it's pretty damn good - very dark and violent, definitely not a kids series. Also, looks like Daredevil will make the transition to the cinematic MCU.

Finished watching it this week, really enjoyed it. Netflix have some great plans for the Marvel characters they have rights to, if they are like the DD series then I can't wait. If you're a general fan of comin book stuff, definitely check it out.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 17:56 - Apr 30 with 2358 viewsDiscodroids

alan moores 'the watchmen' was imho , the best comic book to film adaptation.

i cried when i watched the opening credits, using bob dylans 'the times they are a changing' to capture americas political and spiritual zeitgist at that time .
.. mind you i was as high as bobby gillespie in a zeppelin when i watched it..

the deleted scene with the original ageing 'nite owl' , hollis mason , is incredible too, zack ryder using the 'raging bull' score as he dies going out with his boots on, he's minds eye drifting back to his glory years of 1940's crime fighting..

Dr Manhatten in this is biblical..in fact i think i'll watch it again.

all that and the best comic book cover ever for my generation.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 18:01]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Login to get fewer ads

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 18:09 - Apr 30 with 2342 viewsDorse

Comic book that changed my view forever - Batman, The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. Unbelievable. I first read it in about 1990 and I still have it. Watchmen was mind blowing. Also loved Kevin O'Neill / Pat Mills' original Marshall Law: Fear and Loathing. If you like Watchmen, it's a good fit. Both came out at roughly the same time and both used artist and writer teams from the 2000AD stable.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 18:19 - Apr 30 with 2334 viewssimmo

I persoanlly think Zack Snyder is dog w@nk. 300 aside I haven't enjoyed any of his films. Watchmen was OK, but then I never knew much about the source material...

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 18:20 - Apr 30 with 2334 viewsDiscodroids

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 18:09 - Apr 30 by Dorse

Comic book that changed my view forever - Batman, The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. Unbelievable. I first read it in about 1990 and I still have it. Watchmen was mind blowing. Also loved Kevin O'Neill / Pat Mills' original Marshall Law: Fear and Loathing. If you like Watchmen, it's a good fit. Both came out at roughly the same time and both used artist and writer teams from the 2000AD stable.

fkn love marshall law.

darkest thing ive ever read was' exquisite corpse' on dark horse comics. 3 colour coded comics which could be read in any order.

big fan of 'the sandman' and 'hellblazer' as well..the mini 3 book series 'Black orchid' feat batman was a cracking read .

the' v for vendetta' comic book was great ..the film a steaming pile of toss

flogged all my collection back in 93 for £700 in 'loot' and went out a bought two technics 121o mk2's..which in turn i flogged ten years later for chang to imbibe via my hooter.

ahhh those halcyon days..

btw ..all the 'punisher ' films were terrible.. terrible...terrible..

frank castle needs a re boot film.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 18:22]

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 18:29 - Apr 30 with 2328 viewsDiscodroids

favourite marvel character ... 'kraven the hunter'..

id pay good money to go to work dressed as a bestial foxy stoat for my daily appointments with solicitors, post code gangs, chronic alcoholics, sex fiends and people who dont pay their tv licence.

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 19:11 - Apr 30 with 2316 viewsthame_hoops

@discodroid watchmen was ace, especially the beginning scene to dylan, the soundtrack all the way though was good, i never followed the comics . Rawshak (sp?) is a superb character, liked watching it for a 2nd time and spotting him at various points in the background without his mask on.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 20:40 - Apr 30 with 2296 viewsBasingstokeR

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 13:11 - Apr 30 by Orthodox_Hoop

Netflix are making some really good programming.

I really enjoyed Daredevil the series; two bits especially...

There's a fantastic long single shot fight at the end of Ep2 (The Cut).

The whole of episode 8 "Shadows in the Glass"; actually spends time and builds the "bad guy" as a layered character and is a really good bit of TV.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 20:58 - Apr 30 with 2288 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Just watched Kingsman, feckin brilliant bit of fun! Bloodthirsty swearfest, jog on 007, this is the BOMB!

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 22:48 - Apr 30 with 2096 viewsozexile

Didn't like kingsman. Thought the violence in the church was ridiculous.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 22:59 - Apr 30 with 2094 viewsPunteR

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 18:20 - Apr 30 by Discodroids

fkn love marshall law.

darkest thing ive ever read was' exquisite corpse' on dark horse comics. 3 colour coded comics which could be read in any order.

big fan of 'the sandman' and 'hellblazer' as well..the mini 3 book series 'Black orchid' feat batman was a cracking read .

the' v for vendetta' comic book was great ..the film a steaming pile of toss

flogged all my collection back in 93 for £700 in 'loot' and went out a bought two technics 121o mk2's..which in turn i flogged ten years later for chang to imbibe via my hooter.

ahhh those halcyon days..

btw ..all the 'punisher ' films were terrible.. terrible...terrible..

frank castle needs a re boot film.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 18:22]

Loot. There was always a pair of technics for sale.
Frank Millers The Dark Knight Returns and Year One are excellent. Arkham Asylum is very dark and twisted. Agree though Watchmen and V for Vendetta are top notch. Another good graphic novel by Frank Miller is Give me Liberty which is worth a read.
My favourite comic adaptation films-
The Dark knight
Guardians of the Galaxy
Assemble.
Watchmen
Spiderman 2(doc oc)
Akira(not sure what came out first,the book or film)
I thought Dredd was pretty good, and 30 days of Night.
I actually quite liked Eric Bana's Hulk directed by Ang Lee and Capt America 2 Winters Soldier,Sin city,Hellboy. In fact I love em all really. Its funny how all those comics from the 80s and 90s are now being turned into films and are now the main source material for Hollywood. I don't think Alan Moore gets any royalties from the films made from his books as he didn't want anything to do with them. Genius writer that's into witchcraft of all things.
[Post edited 1 May 2015 0:13]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 23:27 - Apr 30 with 2087 viewsPunteR

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 20:58 - Apr 30 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Just watched Kingsman, feckin brilliant bit of fun! Bloodthirsty swearfest, jog on 007, this is the BOMB!

I didn't like Kingsman but Kick Ass was really good which was directed by the same guy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 09:22 - May 1 with 2039 viewssimmo

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 23:27 - Apr 30 by PunteR

I didn't like Kingsman but Kick Ass was really good which was directed by the same guy.

Also both written (the screenplay anway) by Jonathan Ross's mrs

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 09:41 - May 1 with 2034 viewsDiscodroids

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 22:59 - Apr 30 by PunteR

Loot. There was always a pair of technics for sale.
Frank Millers The Dark Knight Returns and Year One are excellent. Arkham Asylum is very dark and twisted. Agree though Watchmen and V for Vendetta are top notch. Another good graphic novel by Frank Miller is Give me Liberty which is worth a read.
My favourite comic adaptation films-
The Dark knight
Guardians of the Galaxy
Assemble.
Watchmen
Spiderman 2(doc oc)
Akira(not sure what came out first,the book or film)
I thought Dredd was pretty good, and 30 days of Night.
I actually quite liked Eric Bana's Hulk directed by Ang Lee and Capt America 2 Winters Soldier,Sin city,Hellboy. In fact I love em all really. Its funny how all those comics from the 80s and 90s are now being turned into films and are now the main source material for Hollywood. I don't think Alan Moore gets any royalties from the films made from his books as he didn't want anything to do with them. Genius writer that's into witchcraft of all things.
[Post edited 1 May 2015 0:13]

loved 'give me liberty'

'Gilgamesh' was a corker too

Enjoyed 'the cult' batman graphic novel.

and the legends of the dark knight batman comic book series as well.which i had #1 to #20.. just had a look to see what there worth..feel a bit sick now!

'shamen' and 'faces ' the best oft he bunch..cant believe i was such a fkn nerd.

favourite cover of all time swamp thing #95.

very 'rain dance'/ rave circa 1989/1990 ! I use it as my avatar on you tube/message boards.
[Post edited 1 May 2015 9:53]

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 09:46 - May 1 with 2027 viewsDiscodroids

grant morrison. WE3

stunning, haunting graPhic novel

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:10 - May 1 with 2011 viewsthame_hoops

[Post edited 1 May 2015 10:12]
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:15 - May 1 with 2003 viewstinhead

I've watched all the episodes of Daredevil and they got it absolutely spot on!

the fight scene in corridor is one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen.
[Post edited 1 May 2015 10:16]

Puny God!

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:06 - May 1 with 1981 viewssimmo

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:15 - May 1 by tinhead

I've watched all the episodes of Daredevil and they got it absolutely spot on!

the fight scene in corridor is one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen.
[Post edited 1 May 2015 10:16]

It's a very poor Oldboy but as far as TV programme fight scenes go, it's great and I am really pleased they went that way with the fighting and grittiness. That corridor punch up was what sold the series to me and made me an instant fan. Also props to the fight scene with the ninja and also as mentioned above, the episode that concentrates on Kingpin (shout out to whoever cast Pvt Pile btw, massively underrated actor).

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:17 - May 1 with 1973 viewsBasingstokeR

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:06 - May 1 by simmo

It's a very poor Oldboy but as far as TV programme fight scenes go, it's great and I am really pleased they went that way with the fighting and grittiness. That corridor punch up was what sold the series to me and made me an instant fan. Also props to the fight scene with the ninja and also as mentioned above, the episode that concentrates on Kingpin (shout out to whoever cast Pvt Pile btw, massively underrated actor).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024