Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Masters/Grand National Meeting 07:46 - Apr 9 with 5348 viewsElHoop

Any views on this lot, which start today?

I think that one of the favourites will win the Masters, and am going for Watson and Day plus a big outsider in Burnt Cheeseburger or whatever his name is.

Aintree today I like Josses Hill but haven't had a good look yet.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 11:49 - Apr 10 with 2021 viewsrosseeles

anything good for today?
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 11:53 - Apr 10 with 2014 viewsHunterhoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 19:22 - Apr 9 by Hoop_Du_Jour

The ground will be against Fever I reckon and Al Ferof appears to be one those horses that doesn't quite get 3 miles and finds 2 miles too sharp.

Good value at 6/1 on that basis!

Well Hoop du Jour, you are clearly picking them and, having looked at their full form history it does look to me like the ground suits Al Ferof better (arguably the distance suits them both) and CF seems to perform noticeably better at Cheltenham than other UK tracks, so I've gone with Al Ferof too (at 13/2).

My final picks:

Glingerburn (but with Commissioned ew)
Saphir Du Rheu
Al Ferof
Eastlake
Vyta Du Roc

That would be a tidy fivefold!

p.s. my Paul Casey tip had a nice start. But a long way to go for someone feeling their way back in. Anyone on Spieth though?!! Personally think Jason Day is the most likely to go on from here.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 12:10 - Apr 10 with 1981 viewsElHoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 11:53 - Apr 10 by Hunterhoop

Well Hoop du Jour, you are clearly picking them and, having looked at their full form history it does look to me like the ground suits Al Ferof better (arguably the distance suits them both) and CF seems to perform noticeably better at Cheltenham than other UK tracks, so I've gone with Al Ferof too (at 13/2).

My final picks:

Saphir Du Rheu
Al Ferof
Eastlake
Vyta Du Roc

p.s. my Paul Casey tip had a nice start. But a long way to go for someone feeling their way back in. Anyone on Spieth though?!! Personally think Jason Day is the most likely to go on from here.

Spieth has made a blinding start and he doesn't look the sort to implode with a big lead, so either he slows up a bit or someone gets after him. I agree that Day is still under the radar and everybody else is being talked about at the moment. Weather seems to favour the early starters today too as the wing is to get up a bit later and so the greens will dry out as well. But it might rain in the afternoon with thunderstorms possible, which might favour the late starters in the end if it carries over to tomorrow. So difficult to predict what might happen weatherwise. I would expect scores to be higher today though if it doesn't rain.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 13:31 - Apr 10 with 1913 viewsibnumber10

Was down yesterday but the Conti and On the Fringe got some back for me
Today just 3 for me
Glingerburn
Al Ferof
Saphir

Might do Eastlake E/W
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 14:47 - Apr 10 with 1858 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 11:53 - Apr 10 by Hunterhoop

My final picks:

Saphir Du Rheu
Al Ferof
Eastlake
Vyta Du Roc

Uh oh, I'll be in the cack when Fever wins
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 14:58 - Apr 10 with 1849 viewsTheBlob

Jordan Speith shoots a 64 yesterday and I couldn't get the bet on because the f*cking Welsh internet service ain't working - again.

I hope Speith falls on his bollocks now.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 15:06 - Apr 10 with 1836 viewsElHoop

Augusta is fighting back today - only three players under par for the day at the moment.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 15:15 - Apr 10 with 1810 viewsHunterhoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 13:31 - Apr 10 by ibnumber10

Was down yesterday but the Conti and On the Fringe got some back for me
Today just 3 for me
Glingerburn
Al Ferof
Saphir

Might do Eastlake E/W

Exactly the same as you yesterdsay and today! Conti and On the Fringe saved my bacon.

Al Ferof and Saphir would be very nice....Eastlake winning would be wonderful!

What a great performance by Saphir that was!

Can you imagine a Gold Cup next year with Saphir, Don Poli, Coneygree and probably Vautour!
Login to get fewer ads

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 15:26 - Apr 10 with 1797 viewsmikeygunn

I have Spieth, Day & Rose....also had Walker & Scott. looking good for a few quid.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 15:43 - Apr 10 with 1768 viewsibnumber10

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 15:15 - Apr 10 by Hunterhoop

Exactly the same as you yesterdsay and today! Conti and On the Fringe saved my bacon.

Al Ferof and Saphir would be very nice....Eastlake winning would be wonderful!

What a great performance by Saphir that was!

Can you imagine a Gold Cup next year with Saphir, Don Poli, Coneygree and probably Vautour!

Saphir was superb no issues with his jumping there and then Nicholls after the race said that the next race might be a bit sharp for Al Ferof, trouble is that I'd already put my money on

still Don Cossack took that really well AP on board, showed that he was unlucky at Cheltenham

How much do you fancy Eastlake?
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:11 - Apr 10 with 1717 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

16:05 only ten finishers, eesh...
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:16 - Apr 10 with 1712 viewsrosseeles

Yeah watched that race, 6 went on one fence
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:19 - Apr 10 with 1708 viewsibnumber10

Absolute carnage but all horses and jockeys came back ok
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 17:29 - Apr 10 with 1631 viewsHunterhoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:19 - Apr 10 by ibnumber10

Absolute carnage but all horses and jockeys came back ok

I was more worried about the 4.40 with Richard Johnson taking a fall at the last. I'm quite big on Balthazar King antepost tomorrow and he's the jockey! Looks like he'll be okay though. Disaster for me if some substitute chump has to ride him.

Don Cossack looked a different class to the others.

And I did fancy Eastlake quite a bit after his run at Cheltenham but glad I didn't reply before the race and cost you any cash. He never got in the race and his jumping looked scratcy: very stop/start and not fluid at all. I'm annoyed because I like Radjhani as a horse and usually back it...oh well. Bad day.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Balthazar King and Soll are my picks. Claims for Rocky Creek, Druids Nephew, Night in Milan, Alvarado and Cause of Causes. Don't really fancy the rest, inc. Shutthefrontdoor. Only big outsider with a chance IMO is Royale Knight.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 21:24 - Apr 10 with 1546 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Yeah, bad day today. Sh1t or bust on Saint Are in the National tomorrow!

Fo shizzle...
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 08:57 - Apr 11 with 1387 viewsElHoop

It looks a bit easier today but we shall see.

The National - I've been in the Shutthefrontdoor camp all season so I can't oppose him now. No other bets on the race, just him. To win. If he has luck in running then he'll surely be there at the finish.

Other races:

1.30 Nichols Canyon - track should suit better than Cheltenham
2.05 Not up to much - Gods Own should take this if he's in good shape.
2.50 Cole Harden could do it again but was beaten here last season. He's improved since then but I'll save on him and back Jetson e/w.
3.25 Shite race - not many will get the trip so I'll back Vino and Duke who fought it out last year.

The daily yankee would be a win one:

Nichols Canyon
Gods Own
Jetson
Shutthefrontdoor
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 11:43 - Apr 11 with 1328 viewsibnumber10

Good luck today chaps
Balthazar, Rocky Creek and some small e/w bets on Mon Paarain and Rebel Rebellion

I trade it all for us to win tomorrow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024