Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Masters/Grand National Meeting 07:46 - Apr 9 with 5324 viewsElHoop

Any views on this lot, which start today?

I think that one of the favourites will win the Masters, and am going for Watson and Day plus a big outsider in Burnt Cheeseburger or whatever his name is.

Aintree today I like Josses Hill but haven't had a good look yet.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 3350 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Aintree

13:40 Vibrato Valtat
14:15 Hargam
14:50 Silviniaco Conti (nap)
15:25 Jezki
16:05 Pacha Du Polder

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 09:49 - Apr 9 with 3308 viewsibnumber10

Aintree

13:40 Three Kingdoms
14:50 Ma Filleule
15:25 Artic Fire
16:05 On The Fringe
16.40 Dresden
17.15 Ulzana’s Raid
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 09:58 - Apr 9 with 3294 viewsHunterhoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 09:49 - Apr 9 by ibnumber10

Aintree

13:40 Three Kingdoms
14:50 Ma Filleule
15:25 Artic Fire
16:05 On The Fringe
16.40 Dresden
17.15 Ulzana’s Raid

Been too busy to give this the attention it deserves but, having seen most at Cheltenham my 5 for today would be:

Vibrato Valtat
Hargam
Conti
Arctic Fire
On The Fringe

Basically either the favourite or second favourite so not very exciting! Be an awful day for the bookies if that came in!

In the masters, I think Paul Casey is a good ew shout. Long shot but he's 66s and in form and has a decent track record at Augusta.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 10:00 - Apr 9 with 3288 viewsTheBlob

Have gone for Jordan Speith,Patrick Reid in the Masters and our own Danny Willet e/w.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 10:13 - Apr 9 with 3279 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will be glued to the Masters, which I love. For ethical reasons, though, I'll be giving the horse racing a massive swerve. Not preaching or anything like that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 10:17 - Apr 9 with 3278 viewsibnumber10

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 09:58 - Apr 9 by Hunterhoop

Been too busy to give this the attention it deserves but, having seen most at Cheltenham my 5 for today would be:

Vibrato Valtat
Hargam
Conti
Arctic Fire
On The Fringe

Basically either the favourite or second favourite so not very exciting! Be an awful day for the bookies if that came in!

In the masters, I think Paul Casey is a good ew shout. Long shot but he's 66s and in form and has a decent track record at Augusta.

Hunter, I just checked back on your post for Aintree day 1 last year - you had quite a few winners
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 12:42 - Apr 9 with 3197 viewsElHoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 10:13 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Will be glued to the Masters, which I love. For ethical reasons, though, I'll be giving the horse racing a massive swerve. Not preaching or anything like that.

The Masters is great but still my least favourite of the 4 majors. Too many old duffers and not enough of the 'second tier' players who would normally get in and stand some sort of chance in a major. It gives the top players a better chance, I think, as it's the same course every year, it's hard to play and they can play it every year.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 13:00 - Apr 9 with 3175 viewsHunterhoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 10:17 - Apr 9 by ibnumber10

Hunter, I just checked back on your post for Aintree day 1 last year - you had quite a few winners

Yes, but I didn't actually win too much money. A lot of the favourites were very short priced so I didn't bet on them on the nose but had them in multiples, which failed because Annie Power fell. Irish Saint, who won the handicap in the last, was nice though.

And, if I'm brutally honest, I made a pretty chunky loss over the 4 days at Cheltenham because the Friday was an absolute bloodbath for me and I failed to back two of my favourite ante post horses on the Thursday (which I'll never forgive myself for given one won at 18/1), after the owners' chat persuaded me out of it! So don't follow me if you think I always get it right or make a fortune!

That said, last year at Aintree, I had 7 winners out of 13 across the Thursday and Friday, and made over a grand in profit. You can look at that two ways: I've got a good record or I'm due a bad Aintree.

My Grand National tips are Balthazar King and Soll, but there are 4 or 5 others you can make a case for.
Login to get fewer ads

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:23 - Apr 9 with 3078 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 09:06 - Apr 9 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Aintree

13:40 Vibrato Valtat
14:50 Silviniaco Conti (nap)
15:25 Jezki
16:05 Pacha Du Polder

Pfft, that didn't make me much.... I'll have a few quid EW on Surf And Turf in the 16:40, 40/1

I'll either be driving round in a Rolls, or rolling around in a drive
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:34 - Apr 9 with 3066 viewswestberksr

was too busy watching this to actually contribute.

all of you that fancied Artic Fire were unlucky as it looked to be getting the better of Jezki to me. great racing up there and i'm driving up tonight for the Friday and Saturday cards. Means that i'll probably miss the game on Sunday, but having only seen two of our wins this season (fukk my life, only missed 3 home games and we won them all) I think you lot should all pay me not to turn up.

shame the weather won't hold for another 2 days
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:39 - Apr 9 with 3062 viewsElHoop

I had Jezki, wasn't thinking he would lose when Ruby came down but the good news was that they both got up again. Got Nina in the Foxhunters so holding my own so far.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:46 - Apr 9 with 3057 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:23 - Apr 9 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Pfft, that didn't make me much.... I'll have a few quid EW on Surf And Turf in the 16:40, 40/1

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:47 - Apr 9 with 3048 viewswestberksr

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 16:48 - Apr 9 with 3045 viewstinhead

I'm £80 up today so as far as I'm concerned that's a good day!

Puny God!

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 17:00 - Apr 9 with 3024 viewsElHoop

It's the Roller then!
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 17:42 - Apr 9 with 2996 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 17:00 - Apr 9 by ElHoop

It's the Roller then!

I wouldn't go that far, maybe a taxi
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 17:48 - Apr 9 with 2988 viewsHunterhoop

Well played, Hoop du Jour! Great call.

I just did multiples today (1 5fold, 10 doubles and 10 trebles). Made a £10 profit overall with the one Conti/On the Fringe double saving my bacon. Had Arctic Fire won (which I think he would) that would have been several hundred extra due to the extra two doubles and 1 treble. Oh well. My luck will turn on National Day, I'm sure. THE KING will deliver.

Onto tomorrow, any thoughts?

Not had a proper look but Saphir Du Rheu, Champagne Fever and Eastlake are my pick. Very keen on the last of those. A GREAT price even at 10s. Think Commissioned in the first, even though he looks to be Ferguson's second string is very interesting because of the ground.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:14 - Apr 9 with 2967 viewsted_hendrix

I drew an old nag in the Company sweep thingy at work today, its called Rocket Greek or Rocket Salad or some fcking thing.
I know zip about horses other than they've got hoofs or hooves (It's probably hoofs)
I remember seeing and hearing Mr Ed talking once which was a bit of a shock at the time, Mr Ed was a horse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:18 - Apr 9 with 2961 viewsjohncharles

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 10:13 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm with you Brian, glued to the Masters but watching horses get klled in the Grand National is not for me.

Strong and stable my arse.

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:21 - Apr 9 with 2961 viewsElHoop

Glingerburn looks a likely sort tomorrow. Smashed up Bristol de Mai (ran well today) and then missed Cheltenham for this presumably.
Carraig Mor is a horse with a future I think, another who missed Cheltenham.
Melling Chase looks very difficult, but Balder looks better round here than Cheltenham - has a chance.
Our Kaempfer I like in the Sefton. One I've been following and is improving fast - another who missed Cheltenham. Will be even better over fences next season.
Those four in a little yankee I guess.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:31 - Apr 9 with 2954 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Gotta go to a funeral in the morning, so I've had to do my bets now...

14:15 Glingerburn
14:50 Saphir Du Rheu
15:25 Al Ferof (nap)
16:40 Vyta Du Roc

EW tickle...

16:05 Splash Of Ginge 20/1
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:42 - Apr 9 with 2944 viewsElHoop

Masters is going OK - backed 10 in the end. 6 of 8 who have started are under par at the moment (not McIlroy and Wiesberger) and have Henley amongst them. Could be a lot worse anyway.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:50 - Apr 9 with 2937 viewsHunterhoop

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:31 - Apr 9 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Gotta go to a funeral in the morning, so I've had to do my bets now...

14:15 Glingerburn
14:50 Saphir Du Rheu
15:25 Al Ferof (nap)
16:40 Vyta Du Roc

EW tickle...

16:05 Splash Of Ginge 20/1

Al Ferof, you're nap?!

Wow. What's making you oppose Champagne Fever out of interest. He looks tailor made for this race.
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 19:22 - Apr 9 with 2923 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 18:50 - Apr 9 by Hunterhoop

Al Ferof, you're nap?!

Wow. What's making you oppose Champagne Fever out of interest. He looks tailor made for this race.

The ground will be against Fever I reckon and Al Ferof appears to be one those horses that doesn't quite get 3 miles and finds 2 miles too sharp.

Good value at 6/1 on that basis!
US Masters/Grand National Meeting on 22:03 - Apr 9 with 2861 viewsDorse

It was good to hear the women cheering on 'Maititz' on Ladies Day.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024