Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Black Manager thing is one thing... 11:34 - Apr 2 with 6962 viewsTGRRRSSS

... a lot of focus on it given we've given Ramsey the job for now.
However with all the discussion and Barnes and Sol Campbell recently discussing being black within football in relatively recent times it occures to me how given hos much noise there is about a lack of Black managers hasnt anyone noticed how few BRITISH managers (of any colour/creed) are in the Premier League.
Whilst it goes up of course the Champ is going that European way more and more and one can assume in time so will it go on further down the pyramid

Nobody batted an eyelif when LVG (Dutch and White) got the Man U job for instance
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 22:31 - Apr 2 with 1515 viewsPommyhoop

Tell you what..They've certainly got rhythm them British managers.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 22:51 - Apr 2 with 1496 viewsFredManRave

Let's hope we get to see plenty of Big Sams lassoo celebrations next season...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-eye-west-ham-manager-5443294

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 10:27 - Apr 3 with 1406 viewsTGRRRSSS

Annti Heinola what about Schteeeve McLaren wining Dutch League (Twente I think)

I think some posts have gone abit off topic from how I intended original thread.

However the fact so few ex England players are currently managers is shocking

Part of this is I think the money many made post about 1992 and there is a quote from Gary Lineker in 1997 querying why anyone would be a manager and how the pressure and demands have gone up ten fold from that point on.
Nevertheless many managers from lower leagues who cut their teeth and do it the right way if you like never get a chance in PL unless they get their via promotion.
Be interesting to see how Dyche goes from Burnley really
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 10:41 - Apr 3 with 1394 viewswestolian

I wish Ramsey (and Sir Les) would concentrate on getting points now and bang this drum at the end of the season

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 11:19 - Apr 3 with 1375 viewsPunteR

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 10:27 - Apr 3 by TGRRRSSS

Annti Heinola what about Schteeeve McLaren wining Dutch League (Twente I think)

I think some posts have gone abit off topic from how I intended original thread.

However the fact so few ex England players are currently managers is shocking

Part of this is I think the money many made post about 1992 and there is a quote from Gary Lineker in 1997 querying why anyone would be a manager and how the pressure and demands have gone up ten fold from that point on.
Nevertheless many managers from lower leagues who cut their teeth and do it the right way if you like never get a chance in PL unless they get their via promotion.
Be interesting to see how Dyche goes from Burnley really

Dyche to Newcastle?.
England players from the 90's becoming managers is interesting as I cant think of any decent ones. Southgate might end up doing well in his managerial career . Pearce is struggling although has had good opportunities. Tony Adams couldn't cut it. Not sure what's happened with David Platt after Man city.
Gary Neville I think has potential to become a top manager but will probably get his own tv show on sky or something.
I just think you've got to be a bit nuts to become a manager these days especially when most footballers don't have to work again when retiring given the amount of money earned.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 11:25 - Apr 3 with 1372 viewscarlh5266

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 22:51 - Apr 2 by FredManRave

Let's hope we get to see plenty of Big Sams lassoo celebrations next season...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-eye-west-ham-manager-5443294

When TF was promoting his Pearly King, Pie and Mash roots, before the Uxbridge Rd memories came flooding back he stated that Allardyce was "a tragic selection" and "West ham is all about a style of football you wont get with Allardyce".
On that basis its safe to say Big Sam wont be at QPR, cos Tony never goes back on what he says.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024