Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey post match 08:51 - Feb 22 with 11135 viewsKerryE

Compare his and Tim Sherwood's post match interviews. Looked like TS had blown a gasket already, said he did not enjoy game but was smiling when they were winning 1 nil. He likes to air his dirty washing in public which although the fans might like it, not sure if it is a good idea.

Compared to Chris who was very composed, and in just a few words was very reassuring. Hopefully he can turn it around. If not, I think he could be the one to take us back up.
Chris Ramsey post match on 09:56 - Feb 23 with 2159 viewsQPunkR

westberks - is it even possible to keep bumming to a respectable minimum?!

QPR - "shit but local"

Chris Ramsey post match on 12:55 - Feb 23 with 2112 viewsBluce_Ree

Chris Ramsey post match on 09:48 - Feb 23 by westberksr

i don't think the reaction to CR is over the top Bluce and i think the bumming is being kept to a respectful minimum, but after the freak show that is HR it might seem that way.

Southampton we lost after one CB limped off and the other had a hammy, prior to Caulker going walkabout. the structure of the team was a vast improvement given he had about 2 days and a prematch warm up to improve the place.

Sunderland was like a different fukking team up there, organised, high tempo, in their half of the pitch. i know they are shit but they are who we need to beat.

finally Saturday; in no way can CR be apportioned with anything but credit for nearly nicking a point after galvanising the team for 60+ minutes without Saint Joseph of Barton; getting done at the last.

don't look at the harsh facts, embrace the soft facts that surround them. if we go down playing with the application and organisation that we have shown in the last 2 weeks then it will just be down to Harry not getting kicked out a few months ago.

My issue is with the Sunderland game. There were large chunks of the game where we sat back and soaked it up. King Green made some great saves and if he hadn't we'd be bottom three and looking like the cat that caught the spunk.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:10 - Feb 23 with 2098 viewsSpiritofGregory

Chris Ramsey post match on 12:55 - Feb 23 by Bluce_Ree

My issue is with the Sunderland game. There were large chunks of the game where we sat back and soaked it up. King Green made some great saves and if he hadn't we'd be bottom three and looking like the cat that caught the spunk.

We seem to overlook the fact that Green had to pull off countless saves against Sunderland. Although ultimately I blame Barton for our defeat at Hull, our cause wasn't helped by Ramsey leaving us light upfront against a Hull team who finished the game with 3 strikers.
Chris Ramsey post match on 13:13 - Feb 23 with 2098 viewsSomersetHoops

Chris Ramsey post match on 08:35 - Feb 23 by simmo

You're operating under the premise that results are all that matter, that survival and winning by any means is better than running a club correctly, managing a playing staff to improve what we have rather than buy something new. I would rather we try to promote from within, polish what we have and play on the front foot, than finish 17th each year and be choc full of cnts.

If we can do both, than great, but I couldn't give a shiny fck about playing in the premiership and I wouldn't compromise the correct running of the club by decent management to preserve it.

I agree with this and CR has had injury problems, waterlogged traning pitches and Joey Barton to thank for his losses. Even allowing for that QPR were minutes away from another point at Hull when under HR we would probably have been 3-0 down before we even started. Redknapp wanted out of QPR because he saw no prospect of the team he had put together staying up without another injection of new players at a cost of further millions. It is important that QPR take a longer view and even if we don't stay up it can hardly be Ramsey's fault.

I am encouraged to see some youngsters getting fed into the first team. I think Ramsey and Les would have preferred to have done it in a more progressive way rather than through necessity for example having to throw Furlong into the "deep end". Having said that he performed remarkably well which makes everybody wonder, I should think, how many times we could have done that kind of thing rather than waste millions on players bought on reputation rather than commitment and ability.

Managers who can effectively coach (Dave Sexton for example) have done well at QPR and I rather hope Ramsey can repeat that kind of success, although the damage done over the past few seasons will take a long time to eradicate and he needs to be given time. Who knows what players he and Les might bring in during the summer, perhaps the scouting system might be improved and start looking in the right places to find the gems we need. I hope his performance by the end of the season would give them the opportunity.

Who's Next?

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:23 - Feb 23 with 2067 viewsTheBlob

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:13 - Feb 23 by SomersetHoops

I agree with this and CR has had injury problems, waterlogged traning pitches and Joey Barton to thank for his losses. Even allowing for that QPR were minutes away from another point at Hull when under HR we would probably have been 3-0 down before we even started. Redknapp wanted out of QPR because he saw no prospect of the team he had put together staying up without another injection of new players at a cost of further millions. It is important that QPR take a longer view and even if we don't stay up it can hardly be Ramsey's fault.

I am encouraged to see some youngsters getting fed into the first team. I think Ramsey and Les would have preferred to have done it in a more progressive way rather than through necessity for example having to throw Furlong into the "deep end". Having said that he performed remarkably well which makes everybody wonder, I should think, how many times we could have done that kind of thing rather than waste millions on players bought on reputation rather than commitment and ability.

Managers who can effectively coach (Dave Sexton for example) have done well at QPR and I rather hope Ramsey can repeat that kind of success, although the damage done over the past few seasons will take a long time to eradicate and he needs to be given time. Who knows what players he and Les might bring in during the summer, perhaps the scouting system might be improved and start looking in the right places to find the gems we need. I hope his performance by the end of the season would give them the opportunity.

Nowhere near in the same league as Dave Sexton.
We're still using the same old hoofball up to the front players,apart from a couple of Philips crosses,receiving the ball with backs to goal.
As I said before Zamora has two gears like a WW2 Italian tank - and they're both reverse.
We got lucky against Sunderland and Hull stumbled across the line when they should have buried us.
Sorry,but I'm not encouraged by any of this.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:30 - Feb 23 with 2057 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Chris Ramsey post match on 11:22 - Feb 22 by eghamranger

90% of people on here wanted Sherwood thinking he would be our saviour

I saw minus four likes on this comment and am guessing it was because 90% of people on here didn't actually want TS here?
Chris Ramsey post match on 13:35 - Feb 23 with 2040 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:10 - Feb 23 by SpiritofGregory

We seem to overlook the fact that Green had to pull off countless saves against Sunderland. Although ultimately I blame Barton for our defeat at Hull, our cause wasn't helped by Ramsey leaving us light upfront against a Hull team who finished the game with 3 strikers.

The 'countless' saves came from the six they had on target presumably? You seem to ignore the fact that we had more shots than them despite being away from home. 19 shots away from home is excellent.

It would be refreshing to see you say something nice about the club you supposedly support.
Chris Ramsey post match on 13:35 - Feb 23 with 2038 viewsSpiritofGregory

When are people going to get it into their heads that time is not on our side. Results are what matter because at the moment we need results to keep us in this division. We are not a mid table Premier League side, we are not a Championship club with minimum debt. Even if we go down finances dictate that we have to come straight back up. We are £200m in debt, we have bank loans to the tune of £40m against Loftus Rd. The chairman dreams of making millions at OOC.

What we personally think of the Premier League means nothing, the owners need instant result because they need Sky money. In any case to have a flourishing youth system you need decent academy/training facilities - we don't have that.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 13:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:38 - Feb 23 with 2028 viewsSpiritofGregory

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:35 - Feb 23 by CroydonCaptJack

The 'countless' saves came from the six they had on target presumably? You seem to ignore the fact that we had more shots than them despite being away from home. 19 shots away from home is excellent.

It would be refreshing to see you say something nice about the club you supposedly support.

I seem to remember their chances being more threatening, don't remember their keeper having to pull off double saves.
Chris Ramsey post match on 13:39 - Feb 23 with 2024 viewswestberksr

Chris Ramsey post match on 09:56 - Feb 23 by QPunkR

westberks - is it even possible to keep bumming to a respectable minimum?!

i can see why some might have reservations about that phrase
Chris Ramsey post match on 13:42 - Feb 23 with 2020 viewsCamberleyR

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:23 - Feb 23 by TheBlob

We're still using the same old hoofball up to the front players,apart from a couple of Philips crosses,receiving the ball with backs to goal.
As I said before Zamora has two gears like a WW2 Italian tank - and they're both reverse.
We got lucky against Sunderland and Hull stumbled across the line when they should have buried us.

He didn't say he was in the same league as Dave Sexton. What he said was and I quote:

" I rather hope Ramsey can repeat that kind of success"

I'm sure if given the choice he would rather not use the likes of Zamora. Ramsey is making the best use of the utterly shit hand he was dealt and rather better use I think than the living stealing Redknapp would have managed.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:45 - Feb 23 with 2013 viewsTheBlob

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:42 - Feb 23 by CamberleyR

He didn't say he was in the same league as Dave Sexton. What he said was and I quote:

" I rather hope Ramsey can repeat that kind of success"

I'm sure if given the choice he would rather not use the likes of Zamora. Ramsey is making the best use of the utterly shit hand he was dealt and rather better use I think than the living stealing Redknapp would have managed.

Dave Sexton was mentioned in the equation,re-read the post.
As for having no other option than Zamora we could have played botheither Vargas or Zarate and actually got some speed out of the lineup.
I literally wept when I saw Zamora's name on the teamsheet.

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:46 - Feb 23 with 2012 viewsSomersetHoops

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:23 - Feb 23 by TheBlob

Of course Ramsey is not in the same league as Dave Sexton as a manager, but in his coaching ability he may be. As a previously "back-room" employee we don't know what impact he's had elsewhere. Ramsey has had no opportunity to add to the squad he has been left with, so Zamora's speed or fitness can't really be his fault. He has to work with what he has been left and use what players he can to the best of their ability which may result in a style of football he would rather not play. I'm not at all confident about us staying up and Redknapp who put this shambles together didn't either, which I'm sure was the main reason he left. I am slightly encouraged and believe Ramsey can get more from our squad than Redknapp would, although that may not be enough. I wouldn't blame Ramsey for that and wish him the best in his attempts, but if he fails the blame for that lies elsewhere.

Who's Next?

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:48 - Feb 23 with 2006 viewsTheBlob

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:46 - Feb 23 by SomersetHoops

Of course Ramsey is not in the same league as Dave Sexton as a manager, but in his coaching ability he may be. As a previously "back-room" employee we don't know what impact he's had elsewhere. Ramsey has had no opportunity to add to the squad he has been left with, so Zamora's speed or fitness can't really be his fault. He has to work with what he has been left and use what players he can to the best of their ability which may result in a style of football he would rather not play. I'm not at all confident about us staying up and Redknapp who put this shambles together didn't either, which I'm sure was the main reason he left. I am slightly encouraged and believe Ramsey can get more from our squad than Redknapp would, although that may not be enough. I wouldn't blame Ramsey for that and wish him the best in his attempts, but if he fails the blame for that lies elsewhere.

And I say again the fit players were left on the bench.
Hoofball is not the answer then or now.

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:48 - Feb 23 with 2003 viewsSpiritofGregory

Let's face facts Ramsey is in charge because yet again the chairman screwed up. He took too long to sack Harry. Sherwood was taking advantage of our situation and making ridiculous demands, Clement's happy at Real Madrid, Laudrup(had to laugh, as if) and he couldn't even beat one man and his dog at Warren Farm so how would he wrestle Warburton away.

You get rid of a manager at least a month before the transfer window not after.
Chris Ramsey post match on 13:55 - Feb 23 with 1931 viewsDiscodroids

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:45 - Feb 23 by TheBlob

As for having no other option than Zamora we could have played botheither Vargas or Zarate and actually got some speed out of the lineup.

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:02 - Feb 23 with 1910 viewsDiscodroids

"Where love is, there Zamora is also."

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:12 - Feb 23 with 1900 viewsDANRANGER

Chris Ramsey may or may not keep us up but he has undoubtedly had a positive impact on the club. You can always question team selections etc. but he is working with a group handed to him and without too much room for error so I imagine we will see a gradual change in personnel rather than just dropping Zamora and bringing in more mobile strikers. I'd rather a Vargas type but we need to control games better to utilise him and after the goal at Sunderland Zamora deserved his place (for now).

The most important aspect is application and CR has got a response out of the team so it just comes down to whether or not they are good enough to get the points required. To me it looks like a good set up that can be built on and is worth sticking with beyond the Summer whatever division we are in.
Chris Ramsey post match on 14:20 - Feb 23 with 1892 viewsTheBlob

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:12 - Feb 23 by DANRANGER

Chris Ramsey may or may not keep us up but he has undoubtedly had a positive impact on the club. You can always question team selections etc. but he is working with a group handed to him and without too much room for error so I imagine we will see a gradual change in personnel rather than just dropping Zamora and bringing in more mobile strikers. I'd rather a Vargas type but we need to control games better to utilise him and after the goal at Sunderland Zamora deserved his place (for now).

The most important aspect is application and CR has got a response out of the team so it just comes down to whether or not they are good enough to get the points required. To me it looks like a good set up that can be built on and is worth sticking with beyond the Summer whatever division we are in.

Selection based on Once Every Pancake Day performance doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.The immobile target man is so easy to counterract,especially when all he does is go around fouling everything in sight.I was hoping for much more from this New Broom.

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:35 - Feb 23 with 1867 viewssimmo

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:20 - Feb 23 by TheBlob

Selection based on Once Every Pancake Day performance doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.The immobile target man is so easy to counterract,especially when all he does is go around fouling everything in sight.I was hoping for much more from this New Broom.

I don't think we would have seen Zamora start if Fer was fit. I agree he's a spent force unless the opposition are ill equipped to deal with a certain type of target man. I would have preferred to give Zarate, Vargas or Taarabt a start but maybe Ramsey felt without Fer he needed somebody else with the ability to hold the ball up further up the field. As it happens Bobby didn't even manage that very well, although we will never know how the game plan would have worked out thanks to Barton.

I also think it didn't help to have Charlie and then Niko force his hand with subs, people like Matt Philips were running on fumes as it was

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:41 - Feb 23 with 1856 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:20 - Feb 23 by TheBlob

Yeh the Zamora thing is wearing thin. It had an effect earlier in the season when his recall and our style came out of the blue, but teams are wise to it now and he's knackered. As Simmo says, I don't think we'd have seen it Saturday had Fer been fit.

That said, it's Arsenal next and they have never coped with Zamora throughout his career, he's got a very decent record against them if memory serves.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chris Ramsey post match on 14:44 - Feb 23 with 1848 viewsJonDoeman

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:41 - Feb 23 by Northernr

Yeh the Zamora thing is wearing thin. It had an effect earlier in the season when his recall and our style came out of the blue, but teams are wise to it now and he's knackered. As Simmo says, I don't think we'd have seen it Saturday had Fer been fit.

That said, it's Arsenal next and they have never coped with Zamora throughout his career, he's got a very decent record against them if memory serves.

Where was Taarabt ? I was thinking all week that he'd be playing. I'm running out of patience with that boy!

It Is What It Is !!

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:52 - Feb 23 with 1831 viewsDiscodroids

should have Offered cloverfield alien zamora, a nice handshake after Wembley and offered him a lift on voyager 1 to seek out new life and civilizations.possibly in south london and millwall.

to boldly fu ck right off.

more useless than captain christopher pike.

utter utter intergalatic shite.

Cant wait to see him fly fishng with micky norcross, dean macey and tamer husain on itv2.

[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 14:57]

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:58 - Feb 23 with 1818 viewsdanehoop

Chris Ramsey post match on 13:45 - Feb 23 by TheBlob

You "literally wept."

Was it full on gulps and sobs, light snivelling, or maybe a slight tear as if a small dust mote had settled unexpectedly.

We literally need to know.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 15:22]

Never knowingly understood

Chris Ramsey post match on 15:19 - Feb 23 with 1795 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Chris Ramsey post match on 14:41 - Feb 23 by Northernr

We will need a Fer Mk2 to get us through the next half a dozen games. We have plenty of number tens so I was disappointed there was no sign of Vargas or AT
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024