Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mutch 22:51 - Jan 4 with 2920 viewsRed_Ranger

Looks a very poor signing IMHO. Given a chance today and responsible for first two goals.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 22:55]
Mutch on 06:16 - Jan 5 with 2724 viewssevenhoop

Plays like be couldn't give a sh1t and frankly has done in almost every game
Mutch on 08:04 - Jan 5 with 2618 viewsjonno

To me, the bloke doesn't even look like a footballer, he looks like a fan who has somehow wandered onto the pitch. Have we signed his non footballer twin brother by mistake?
Mutch on 08:13 - Jan 5 with 2594 viewsdaveB

looks a very different player to the one I saw at Watford and cardiff, seems bizarre but from the first game he's looked pretty hopeless.
Mutch on 08:24 - Jan 5 with 2568 viewsrbsranger

Why do we seem to be a graveyard for decent prospects?
Of the current squad I would say that only Greeno and Charlie have improved over their time at the club whereas:
Hoillett
Phillips
Mutch
Fer
etc
have got appreciably worse... where is the coaching????
Mutch on 09:02 - Jan 5 with 2470 viewsqprmeath

Looks lost
Mutch on 09:13 - Jan 5 with 2443 viewsWestminsteRs

What sort of midfielder is he? Does anyone know? I hadn't seen enough of him when he was supposedly quite good to know. Is he supposed to be an attacking midfielder or a ball playing midfielder operating a bit deeper?
Mutch on 09:14 - Jan 5 with 2433 viewsDiscodroids

im accused have having a blind spot to premiership carrion zamora's so called abilities.

well the same charges can be leveled at me for jordan mutch.

i cannot and will not accept that this is the pivot player from cardiffs team last season.

moreover a player who has represented england at u 17, u 19 , u 20 and u 21 level.

have we been sold another raspberry?

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Mutch on 09:16 - Jan 5 with 2427 viewsJonDoeman

Insipid

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Mutch on 09:25 - Jan 5 with 2407 viewssimmo

Fair to say he hasn't hit the ground running... Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the long term, he's still very young, he's just moved to the big smoke from Cardiff and he's in an environment that more experienced professionals than him have struggled with. His form means he shouldn't be playing at the moment but we have had plenty of players start slowly before and come good, hopefully he is one of them.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mutch on 10:09 - Jan 5 with 2338 viewsJonDoeman

Mutch on 09:25 - Jan 5 by simmo

Fair to say he hasn't hit the ground running... Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the long term, he's still very young, he's just moved to the big smoke from Cardiff and he's in an environment that more experienced professionals than him have struggled with. His form means he shouldn't be playing at the moment but we have had plenty of players start slowly before and come good, hopefully he is one of them.

That's true Simmo, not much use to us though is it! Half a season gone in a relegation battle & we've had nothing from a big money signing. If he's got it, time he stepped up, and proved me wrong, cos ATM I reckon he's another player who does it elsewhere but not for us!

It Is What It Is !!

Mutch on 10:16 - Jan 5 with 2318 viewsozexile

Mutch on 09:13 - Jan 5 by WestminsteRs

What sort of midfielder is he? Does anyone know? I hadn't seen enough of him when he was supposedly quite good to know. Is he supposed to be an attacking midfielder or a ball playing midfielder operating a bit deeper?

This is exactly my question. When I've watched him,admittedly on tv I have no idea where you can play him. He can't play out wide cause he's got no pace. You cant play him central mid cause he's not strong enough. He's not smart enough or have the movement for a number 10. The only place I can see him is as a second striker just flicking balls on. Whoever scouted him needs to explain themselves.
Mutch on 10:38 - Jan 5 with 2282 views1BobbyHazell

Mutch on 09:25 - Jan 5 by simmo

Agreed.

He's been injured and when he does play it's in varying (seemingly poorly coached/explained) formations, in different positions, with different people around him often playing out of their suited role.

I wouldn't fancy many players' chances of coming here and looking good at the moment. I would say it is almost impossible for a (young) midfielder, who isn't just a clogger, to find any rhythm, consistency or confidence under the current 'footballing philosophy'.

He's a young lad with some talent somewhere inside, lets judge him when he's had a chance to work with some actual football coaches.
Mutch on 11:29 - Jan 5 with 2226 viewsbosh67

I don't think he has a clue where he is meant to be or gets any relevant coaching as to what his role is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mutch on 11:34 - Jan 5 with 2207 viewsadhoc_qpr

Last season for Cardiff his main attributes seemed to be clever movement and passing in the final third and finishing.

Seeing as we rarely ever have midfielders in possession in the oppo half, let alone near their area we'll never know.

He does look useless, but could be the type to flourish for us in the Championship next season when we have a proper manager...
Mutch on 11:34 - Jan 5 with 2203 viewsJuzzie

I wasn't at the game yesterday but clubs have got to start putting performance clauses into contracts. Clubs have got to start standing up to players and agents, it's beyond a joke.
If the agent/player refuses, then we don't sign them. I know clubs will do anything to get a player but it's crazy now.

If you sign a lucrative contract and clearly don't gibe a s**t, you get wages deducted.

In the modern game, thre is absolutley no incentive whatsoever anymore.

I know it's easier said than done but something needs to change.

I'd rather see QPR in the Championship with players than care rather than the PL with a bunch who don't, losing game after game and then going down.
Mutch on 11:38 - Jan 5 with 2187 viewsMarc

Makes me wonder if these players strive to improve after landing a decent/big contract.

Matt Phillips and Mutch spring to mind.
Mutch on 12:31 - Jan 5 with 2118 viewssimmo

Instead of concentrating on the player themselves, maybe we would do better to look at the environement he's been brought into, because we know that players like Mutch, Phillips, Hoilett have done very well at other clubs, so they have the talent, but not shown it for QPR.

Maybe if we had a defined style, ethos, system in place that we were drilled in and needed players for, these guys would flourish. If Mutch for example was identified as a player that we need for a specific job within a team and then coached and played in said position as part of a cohesive unit, he would probably be doing a lot better. I think it's a bit much (mutch) to ask any player to come in and play a different role game to game, both individually and as part of a team, and expect them to return a solid performance.

Some games we are 2 in the middle, sometimes 3, sometimes we sit deep and try not to concede, sometimes we are all guns blazing and pushing forward to support strikers. Some games we are direct, other times we pass along our back 4. Unless you are a central midfielder that has a more obvious remit, such as Henry to ONLY screen the defence and track runners, or you have a wealth of experience to recognise how you need to adapt, you're going to struggle to know what to do and when.

Even Vargas, who everybody knows is probably better than QPR in ability, has hardly pulled up any trees.

We're a dis-organised shambles that for years now have concentrated on individuals to pull something out of the bag rather than get results born from a well drilled team focus. We wonder why players don't develop here....

This is why I don't want Redknapp to manage my club anymore, why I think Beard is a tw@t, why I thought the training ground was so important to producing something to be proud of on the pitch. It's not about how poorly we were in our last game or how I can be viewed as harsh for wanting change even if we are 15th in the table, it's about trying to initiate change at a fundemental level so players like Mutch can be an asset to the club instead of an expensive liability.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 13:25]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mutch on 12:53 - Jan 5 with 2055 viewsSussexR

Like most other posters I question his contribution so far, however I have a sneaky feeling that we shouldn't write off any of our players until we see how they react and perform when they are being properly coached and guided.

At the moment it looks like we are being coached like a pub team.
Mutch on 12:59 - Jan 5 with 2038 viewsJonDoeman

Mutch on 12:31 - Jan 5 by simmo

Instead of concentrating on the player themselves, maybe we would do better to look at the environement he's been brought into, because we know that players like Mutch, Phillips, Hoilett have done very well at other clubs, so they have the talent, but not shown it for QPR.

Maybe if we had a defined style, ethos, system in place that we were drilled in and needed players for, these guys would flourish. If Mutch for example was identified as a player that we need for a specific job within a team and then coached and played in said position as part of a cohesive unit, he would probably be doing a lot better. I think it's a bit much (mutch) to ask any player to come in and play a different role game to game, both individually and as part of a team, and expect them to return a solid performance.

Some games we are 2 in the middle, sometimes 3, sometimes we sit deep and try not to concede, sometimes we are all guns blazing and pushing forward to support strikers. Some games we are direct, other times we pass along our back 4. Unless you are a central midfielder that has a more obvious remit, such as Henry to ONLY screen the defence and track runners, or you have a wealth of experience to recognise how you need to adapt, you're going to struggle to know what to do and when.

Even Vargas, who everybody knows is probably better than QPR in ability, has hardly pulled up any trees.

We're a dis-organised shambles that for years now have concentrated on individuals to pull something out of the bag rather than get results born from a well drilled team focus. We wonder why players don't develop here....

This is why I don't want Redknapp to manage my club anymore, why I think Beard is a tw@t, why I thought the training ground was so important to producing something to be proud of on the pitch. It's not about how poorly we were in our last game or how I can be viewed as harsh for wanting change even if we are 15th in the table, it's about trying to initiate change at a fundemental level so players like Mutch can be an asset to the club instead of an expensive liability.

Vargas has done a job & hasn't looked crap. I'd take that from Mutch ATM!

It Is What It Is !!

Mutch on 13:12 - Jan 5 with 1997 viewstraininvain

Nail on head.

But let's get rid of Hoilett, Mutch, Phillips, Onuoha etc and replace them with new blood...
Mutch on 14:04 - Jan 5 with 1883 viewswhittocksRs

The point about coaching is bang on. The only time I can really recall us having a proper system of play in the past decade or so was Warnock's regime in 2010-11.

Jordon Mutch looked so lightweight and out of his depth yesterday that it was embarrassing, yet he was tearing up the league last year in a relatively poor team. Hoilett and Philips look like they they only wings they know about are found in KFC, yet both were great at their previous clubs — teams on paper weaker than us. Even SW-fecking-P never looked at bloody shambolic at other clubs as he is at Loftus Road. It's something going on within the club that stinks.
Mutch on 14:14 - Jan 5 with 1853 viewsDesertBoot

In and out of the team and, like others, has the look of a player not knowing what his role is. Not his fault.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Mutch on 18:07 - Jan 5 with 1764 viewsstuabd

Mutch on 14:14 - Jan 5 by DesertBoot

In and out of the team and, like others, has the look of a player not knowing what his role is. Not his fault.

He's done well at this level but not surprisingly he isn't doing much with us. He looks lost and when he does get the ball at his feet he doesn't seem to know what to do with it. The gloves he wears are a bit lame too.

Probably needs a decent manager to get the best out of him. He'll have to wait until the summer at earliest unfortunately.
Mutch on 07:57 - Jan 6 with 1567 viewsJonDoeman

Mutch on 18:07 - Jan 5 by stuabd

He's done well at this level but not surprisingly he isn't doing much with us. He looks lost and when he does get the ball at his feet he doesn't seem to know what to do with it. The gloves he wears are a bit lame too.

Probably needs a decent manager to get the best out of him. He'll have to wait until the summer at earliest unfortunately.

Ah bless!

It Is What It Is !!

Mutch on 12:08 - Jan 6 with 1466 viewsNathanNI

One signing I was really pleased with.

Our ability to remove some players speed, touch and all round effectiveness is a wonder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024