Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Presser' injury news 11:17 - Dec 1 with 2097 viewsrichranger

Yun should be fit, also Caulker, after their knocks on Saturday
Zamora could be fit too.
Also Dunne served his suspension.
'Presser' injury news on 11:35 - Dec 1 with 2013 viewssimmo

Good news RE YSY, I wouldn't risk him if we don't have to, there's another game on Sat after all... But pleased it's not a long term thing.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'Presser' injury news on 11:37 - Dec 1 with 1999 viewsdaveB

tough call to make on Dunne. I thought Caulker and Onuoha did well but it was all rather panicked at times at the back, can see the logic in bringing Dunne back in and possibly pushing Isla to right wing
'Presser' injury news on 11:50 - Dec 1 with 1948 viewsElHoop

Is good news if they are all fit. Looks like it might be a choice between Zamora and Kranjcar.
'Presser' injury news on 11:59 - Dec 1 with 1908 viewsBromleyHoop

There were too many occasions in the Leicester game where we were exposed at the back and we were back-pedalling. Onouha's pace against Vardy helped mop things up. I think Dunne, with his lack of pace, could have been the difference in not getting three points. Against Bony though Dunne could be ideal.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 12:00]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

'Presser' injury news on 12:33 - Dec 1 with 1795 viewswittle

'Presser' injury news on 11:59 - Dec 1 by BromleyHoop

There were too many occasions in the Leicester game where we were exposed at the back and we were back-pedalling. Onouha's pace against Vardy helped mop things up. I think Dunne, with his lack of pace, could have been the difference in not getting three points. Against Bony though Dunne could be ideal.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 12:00]

what game were you watching ? Vardy should have scored a hatrick.We missed Dunne badly on saturday and should be straight back in for onouha.
'Presser' injury news on 13:28 - Dec 1 with 1621 viewsPinnerPaul

'Presser' injury news on 12:33 - Dec 1 by wittle

what game were you watching ? Vardy should have scored a hatrick.We missed Dunne badly on saturday and should be straight back in for onouha.

Indeed.

You would hope that after a season and a bit, people can see there's more to Dunne than being a fantastic header of the ball.

He reads the game, organises the back four and never panics.

Must start for me.
'Presser' injury news on 14:39 - Dec 1 with 1522 viewshoof_hearted

Dunne is faster than he looks and the old cliché about the first few yards being in the head has served John Terry (phhhpah) well for a few years now. Ned has to wait for an injury to get a run of games at centre half before we really know how good he is.
'Presser' injury news on 14:45 - Dec 1 with 1511 viewsFredManRave

So we're all agreed that Rio shouldn't start then?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

'Presser' injury news on 15:01 - Dec 1 with 1474 viewsElHoop

'Presser' injury news on 14:39 - Dec 1 by hoof_hearted

Dunne is faster than he looks and the old cliché about the first few yards being in the head has served John Terry (phhhpah) well for a few years now. Ned has to wait for an injury to get a run of games at centre half before we really know how good he is.

Would Caulker have strayed that far from his post had Dunne been playing?
'Presser' injury news on 15:03 - Dec 1 with 1467 viewsToast_R

Got a feeling Arry's Team Tomobola will pick out Ferdinand tomorrow night.
'Presser' injury news on 17:48 - Dec 1 with 1339 viewsDylanP

Dunne should be straight in there. The defense was much better with him playing (against much stronger opposition, too). Onouha is great, but Dunne has proven himself as the superior player. Ferdinand is now 3rd in the pecking order behind Dunne and Onouha.

Delighted that Yun will be coming straight back. He is a critical part of a settled back four that was the foundation of us looking a more mature side.

Green
Isla Dunne Caulker Yun
Vargas Barton Henry Fer
Zamora Austin
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 19:50]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

'Presser' injury news on 22:58 - Dec 1 with 1118 viewsAntti_Heinola

Onuoha and Caulker for me, as it should have been all season, regardless of how well Dunne has done, and he has done very well indeed. But, he got suspended, we won, and the probs at the back were mainly down to the full backs being stretched and Joey Barton letting runners get past him time and again. Ned wasn't brilliant, but he's in possession. Gets the nod for me. Taking yet another player out of the team who actually has pace isn't an option. We must be by some distance the slowest team in the league - that was certainly the slowest midfield in the league on Sat.

Bare bones.

'Presser' injury news on 09:58 - Dec 2 with 973 viewsozranger

'Presser' injury news on 22:58 - Dec 1 by Antti_Heinola

Onuoha and Caulker for me, as it should have been all season, regardless of how well Dunne has done, and he has done very well indeed. But, he got suspended, we won, and the probs at the back were mainly down to the full backs being stretched and Joey Barton letting runners get past him time and again. Ned wasn't brilliant, but he's in possession. Gets the nod for me. Taking yet another player out of the team who actually has pace isn't an option. We must be by some distance the slowest team in the league - that was certainly the slowest midfield in the league on Sat.

This is the big problem. Ned was dragged over to the right too often. However, that was a combination of Isla getting caught out too far forward and Leicester taking advantage of this, the left midfielder not working back and basically, as you state, a slow midfield. What I am saying is that if Ned is forced wide, Yun should come inside to assist Caulker. This also relies on the left midfielder to cover for him as he is no longer required as a true midfielder. Quite simple, but somewhat difficult when (a) the LM does not work back and (b) has no pace and probably (c) thee players have not been told this by their coaching team. Thus, if we can solve this small predicament then keeping Ned will be the solution. However... remember this is our Harry and he does have a tombola machine at his mercy. It should be interesting to see just what happens.
'Presser' injury news on 10:10 - Dec 2 with 954 viewsElHoop

I too would go for Onuoha and Caulker and I'd play Kranjcar as well with Zamora on the bench if fit. We need to be able to win the ball and retain possession against Swansea and I think that we've got a better shape if Caulker can feel free to push forward a bit and receive a pass which there's a better chance of him doing from Kranjcar than anyone else. Caulker seemed more comfortable in their box than Henry did on Saturday, and whilst that probably wasn't 'authorised' I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. Dunne I can't see contributing much in an offensive sense unless Zamora plays but we've tried all that stuff away from home and it hasn't worked. Perhaps a little more mobility and passing will work against Swansea. If we hoof it around and give them possession then it will be hard for us, again.
'Presser' injury news on 10:23 - Dec 2 with 940 viewssimmo

I think it's horses for courses, I personally would pick Dunne as Bony is a beast and he's already shown agains the likes of Diego Costa and Benteke that he can handle a strong, pyhsical striker. Ings however is a different type of striker, faster, better movement, Onuoha would probably be a better fit for Burnley. Especially as it means we can afford to press higher and fall back on his pace.

I would reinstate Dunne tonight and return to Onuoha/Caulker against Burnley and for the forseeable.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024