Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your 'all went downhill' point in time 08:34 - Aug 22 with 981 viewstangerinedom

Last minute goal at Blackburn for me
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 11:42 - Aug 22 with 968 viewswizzerboy

January transfere window Premier league season.
If you thought Koko hadn't shown his true colours by then, they were there for all to see after that.
No ambition whatsoever
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 12:08 - Aug 22 with 956 viewsWizaard

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 11:42 - Aug 22 by wizzerboy

January transfere window Premier league season.
If you thought Koko hadn't shown his true colours by then, they were there for all to see after that.
No ambition whatsoever

At the time I thought Beattie and Reid could add something. Ah well.

For me, it was Dobbies miss at Wembley. So close and now so far away.

Holloway mentally quit at that point and was never going to motivate himself or the team to go again.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 12:09]
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 12:56 - Aug 22 with 928 views20togo

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 12:08 - Aug 22 by Wizaard

At the time I thought Beattie and Reid could add something. Ah well.

For me, it was Dobbies miss at Wembley. So close and now so far away.

Holloway mentally quit at that point and was never going to motivate himself or the team to go again.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 12:09]

agree with the o/p but only in regards to our PL status.

I'd have to say Holloway leaving. Our best manager in my view.
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 13:23 - Aug 22 with 916 viewsbottle

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 12:56 - Aug 22 by 20togo

agree with the o/p but only in regards to our PL status.

I'd have to say Holloway leaving. Our best manager in my view.

For me it was the day they started to take the Kop roof off all those years back! Although the ground was ramshackle even then, it compared favourably with everyone elses, but when that roof came off I knew I wouldn't get the chance to stand on there again (though that was proved wrong!) and recently relegated to the old 3rd Division it signalled the end of our "top tier club" status and effectively announced that we were 3rd/4th division at best.

The decline in the ground really started then, to the point where half the kop became closed because of crumbling terraces (apparently even though they positioned the old Police hut on there), eventually even the away fans were moved from the North East side and brought into the Scratchers (though I remember for a time fans were free to mix and stand where they wanted).

We really did become 3rd rate in terms of ground and ambition, the parallels to now are startling!
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 13:49 - Aug 22 with 900 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

I don't see the parallel there bottle, we're in the second tier and have been here now for 8 seasons after the disgrace of 30 years elsewhere.

I agree with 20s for once. The wrongly awarded foul against GTF at Blackburn when we should a) alreadty have had a corner and b) had the free kick in our favour not theirs was the Prem final turning point. After that it was Ollie walking out on us - we certainly haven't recovered from that.
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 14:05 - Aug 22 with 893 views20togo

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 13:49 - Aug 22 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

I don't see the parallel there bottle, we're in the second tier and have been here now for 8 seasons after the disgrace of 30 years elsewhere.

I agree with 20s for once. The wrongly awarded foul against GTF at Blackburn when we should a) alreadty have had a corner and b) had the free kick in our favour not theirs was the Prem final turning point. After that it was Ollie walking out on us - we certainly haven't recovered from that.

thanks Hannibal.

Just out of interest, I'd like to know what you disagree with me about.
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 14:45 - Aug 22 with 877 viewsbottle

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 14:05 - Aug 22 by 20togo

thanks Hannibal.

Just out of interest, I'd like to know what you disagree with me about.

Hannibal - parallel in terms of the current ambition being shown by the owners and the current state of the ground, doesn't matter which division we are in or how long we have been at this level, its what's coming that draws the parallel for me and it strikes me as being near terminal decline into relevant obscurity. You must have seen the state of the ground from outside, its just more modern decline than the old ground!
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 08:15 - Sep 5 with 781 views1953Original

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 14:45 - Aug 22 by bottle

Hannibal - parallel in terms of the current ambition being shown by the owners and the current state of the ground, doesn't matter which division we are in or how long we have been at this level, its what's coming that draws the parallel for me and it strikes me as being near terminal decline into relevant obscurity. You must have seen the state of the ground from outside, its just more modern decline than the old ground!

Karl Oyston taking back his resignation in the Prem season - rumour was Andy Pilley was going to step in.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Login to get fewer ads

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 14:12 - Sep 5 with 751 viewsLytham_FY8

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 08:15 - Sep 5 by 1953Original

Karl Oyston taking back his resignation in the Prem season - rumour was Andy Pilley was going to step in.

The day Karl Oyston was born in to an undeserving world. I'm suprised he didn't manage to mess that up. Was Matt W the midwife?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 14:14]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 14:35 - Sep 5 with 740 viewsseasider13

When Cartmall sacked Allan Brown, if he hadnt we probably would have won promotion that season.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 17:49 - Sep 5 with 724 viewsRigamarole

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 14:35 - Sep 5 by seasider13

When Cartmall sacked Allan Brown, if he hadnt we probably would have won promotion that season.

Vaz Te at Wembley, with two assists from Howard Webb.
Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 09:17 - Sep 6 with 682 views1953Original

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 17:49 - Sep 5 by Rigamarole

Vaz Te at Wembley, with two assists from Howard Webb.

Interesting how many now forget that Play Off final - what could have been - although we would have been going in to the Prem in worse shape than the previous time and I think it could have been a disaster if I'm entirely honest!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 13:04 - Sep 6 with 669 viewsclarkestattoo

Your 'all went downhill' point in time on 09:17 - Sep 6 by 1953Original

Interesting how many now forget that Play Off final - what could have been - although we would have been going in to the Prem in worse shape than the previous time and I think it could have been a disaster if I'm entirely honest!

When Mr and Mrs O decided to try for a baby

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024