Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you believe in life after death? 12:42 - Aug 5 with 7642 viewsspell_chekker

Personally, I'm a none believer. I've never seen, heard, or felt anything to convince me that there is another 'force', 'entity', or state of being other than the reality we live in.

Having said that, I know people who I respect who reckon they have had an unexplained experience after previously being sceptical.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:44 - Aug 5 with 1066 viewsLytham_FY8

Just memory and nurture innit.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Do you believe in life after death? on 14:51 - Aug 5 with 1047 viewsKingSuddick

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:44 - Aug 5 by Lytham_FY8

Just memory and nurture innit.

Atmospherics,

I don't know anything about those kids. If they said what they said, they may have been telling the truth about what they 'saw'. That does not necessarily mean what they 'envisioned' was a recollection of a previous event, does it? Did they mention anything about being somewhere else thousands and thousands of years ago, way into pre-history? That was my point.

Actually, my point was that we are all just energy. Other people have said the same thing (or similar). We just die and our energy goes back into the ground.
Do you believe in life after death? on 15:16 - Aug 5 with 1044 viewsceecyder

Do you believe in life after death? on 14:51 - Aug 5 by KingSuddick

Atmospherics,

I don't know anything about those kids. If they said what they said, they may have been telling the truth about what they 'saw'. That does not necessarily mean what they 'envisioned' was a recollection of a previous event, does it? Did they mention anything about being somewhere else thousands and thousands of years ago, way into pre-history? That was my point.

Actually, my point was that we are all just energy. Other people have said the same thing (or similar). We just die and our energy goes back into the ground.

I suspect our (quantum) energy (spirit/soul) moves around forever ...

I had a meeting with a complete stranger who gave me messages from my Dad, Grandad and GrGrandad.
I moved to a remote area of the UK in '98. Went into the local town at xmas, into a boozer.
As I walked in I saw a lad behind the bar, who was staring at me ....
Busy bar, managed to get a seat with mrs ceecyder, sat down and this lad had come over, asked if he could sit with us, pulled up a chair and said he had a message for me.....
He talked for a while and asked me if I knew Richard .... I didnt, he sat looking deep in thought and started sweating .... then mentioned Thomas and Les (Grandad and Dad)
told me alot of things that he genuinely could not have known..
Then stumbled onto something I didnt know; asked me "did you go to the funeral?"
I havent been to a funeral for years I told him...
He then started getting agitated and sweating more, mumbled something about how he shouldnt have aske me that ...... apologised and asked me to get in touch if I wanted to.
Never seen the lad before that evening, and only had a few aquaintences at that time in the area....nobody knew anything about me or my family.

Richard, I found out later was my Gr Grandad.
The funeral happened .... I chose not to go..

Nearly 20 yrs later and it still gives me the creeps....how did he know this stuff??
Sadly, it creeped me out so much, I didnt contact him until a few years later when I saw him at work (he was a painter and decorator).
I thanked him for talking to me but didnt ask for anymore messages.......
Do you believe in life after death? on 15:24 - Aug 5 with 1038 viewsdukeandpepi

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:20 - Aug 5 by Ghost

Having watched the last two seasons fare then Yes

You mean that we have billions of years to live up there. Surely we can make the Prem again in that time.
Do you believe in life after death? on 15:28 - Aug 5 with 1036 viewsCofTangerine

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:38 - Aug 5 by UnsworthTangerine

Inate to who though?

If its in your DNA is could come from ANYBODY in your past family.

Thought we had been going through a living death for the past few seasons
Do you believe in life after death? on 15:34 - Aug 5 with 1032 viewsOldSkool

Do you believe in life after death? on 15:16 - Aug 5 by ceecyder

I suspect our (quantum) energy (spirit/soul) moves around forever ...

I had a meeting with a complete stranger who gave me messages from my Dad, Grandad and GrGrandad.
I moved to a remote area of the UK in '98. Went into the local town at xmas, into a boozer.
As I walked in I saw a lad behind the bar, who was staring at me ....
Busy bar, managed to get a seat with mrs ceecyder, sat down and this lad had come over, asked if he could sit with us, pulled up a chair and said he had a message for me.....
He talked for a while and asked me if I knew Richard .... I didnt, he sat looking deep in thought and started sweating .... then mentioned Thomas and Les (Grandad and Dad)
told me alot of things that he genuinely could not have known..
Then stumbled onto something I didnt know; asked me "did you go to the funeral?"
I havent been to a funeral for years I told him...
He then started getting agitated and sweating more, mumbled something about how he shouldnt have aske me that ...... apologised and asked me to get in touch if I wanted to.
Never seen the lad before that evening, and only had a few aquaintences at that time in the area....nobody knew anything about me or my family.

Richard, I found out later was my Gr Grandad.
The funeral happened .... I chose not to go..

Nearly 20 yrs later and it still gives me the creeps....how did he know this stuff??
Sadly, it creeped me out so much, I didnt contact him until a few years later when I saw him at work (he was a painter and decorator).
I thanked him for talking to me but didnt ask for anymore messages.......

The cynic in me says he was testing his psychic (information gathering) skills.
I bet he didnt tell you what your grandads & dads surnames were? They never do.

There was a documentary to find the `best psychic' on tv quite recently. They put them through all sorts of tests over several weeks and they all failed miserably.

They placed them all in the same antiquated buildings, and none of them could establish the history or the people who inhabited the place.

Instead of finding the best psychic it was more like finding the biggest con man.

Derren Brown also did a very good documentary about this in disguise. The participants were amazed how he coukd know so much information about their deceased relatives and were convinced he was a top pyschic. Sadly, he had to tell them it was all a fake and it was, the signals they were giving and mind reading skills , that revealed to him the relevant information.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 15:38]
Do you believe in life after death? on 15:53 - Aug 5 with 1024 viewsceecyder

Do you believe in life after death? on 15:34 - Aug 5 by OldSkool

The cynic in me says he was testing his psychic (information gathering) skills.
I bet he didnt tell you what your grandads & dads surnames were? They never do.

There was a documentary to find the `best psychic' on tv quite recently. They put them through all sorts of tests over several weeks and they all failed miserably.

They placed them all in the same antiquated buildings, and none of them could establish the history or the people who inhabited the place.

Instead of finding the best psychic it was more like finding the biggest con man.

Derren Brown also did a very good documentary about this in disguise. The participants were amazed how he coukd know so much information about their deceased relatives and were convinced he was a top pyschic. Sadly, he had to tell them it was all a fake and it was, the signals they were giving and mind reading skills , that revealed to him the relevant information.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 15:38]

OldSkool

I agree with most of your post, I was quite cynical but with an open mind, prior to this experience.
I'm pretty sure I watched Derren Browns programme, and many others exposing fakes.
There are many con(wo)men out there.
You are right, he didnt mention my family name.
The personal things he did mention though were not available in my eyes nor on my face.
Experiences I had undergone, in private life and military life ... sorry, but no way could he have the skills to get that info.
If he does/did then he is wasting his life painting walls.
In later years I asked freinds what they knew about him ..... nobody realy knew him, I just got back generalisms .... "oh, he's a quiet lad", "aye, hes a bit of a strange one" etc.

Personally I would be amazed to find out he used information gathering skills .....

Still creeps me out...

Do you believe in life after death? on 16:03 - Aug 5 with 1018 viewsstilljohnno

Inate to who though?

I've read lots on the subject in the past, one of the most interesting books was "The Bloxham Tapes".
I'm a sceptic, would love to be proved wrong. As Unsworth mentions, a lot of people are leaning towards regressed memories as DNA memory, in the same way a baby bird can be raised without any contact with its' own species, but when released it knows exactly where to migrate to.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you believe in life after death? on 16:19 - Aug 5 with 1012 viewsbpoolfan

click link and listen to a world famous cardiac surgeon's tales from his operating theatre -might make you think

[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 16:36]
Do you believe in life after death? on 16:20 - Aug 5 with 1012 viewsOldSkool

Fair comment Ceecyder.
You are obviously no mug, to this sort of thing.

You should be his agent, you could make a fortune.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 16:30]
Do you believe in life after death? on 16:24 - Aug 5 with 1008 views80s_Casual

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:20 - Aug 5 by Ghost

Having watched the last two seasons fare then Yes

If Clinton Baptiste the Physic from Phoenix Nights did a night at Blackpool Football Club he would definately be getting the word ..... "Nonce" !!

You need to have seen the program to get that one

"It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It cant fail to" Oyston 2010.

Do you believe in life after death? on 16:58 - Aug 5 with 988 viewsBFCJonathanII

Yes, I am a Catholic. I believe we either go to Heaven or Hell after death.
Do you believe in life after death? on 17:30 - Aug 5 with 976 viewsspell_chekker

Just to play devil's advocate, I'd like the sceptics to consider this -

Scientists say that life began when enzymes or amino acids existed millions of years ago when the sea was a kind of chemical soup.

Then, electrical storms caused chain reactions in the sea, and life was created.

This is OK, but the scientists can't recreate this in a laboratory.

Perhaps there is, as some have said, a kind of life force.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Do you believe in life after death? on 17:51 - Aug 5 with 963 viewsbeagle

Inate to who though?

So we have no freewill at all then, it is all inherited from someone else?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024