Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
striker required 16:56 - Apr 5 with 7092 viewstheselector

Perhaps harry should look at the young lad at Rotherham. Scored a hatrick today
striker required on 21:48 - Apr 5 with 1705 viewsDWQPR

it makes you wonder what Redknapp is taking under the counter when he signs sh1te like Miaga, Keane and a very average forward like Doyle, for monies that would have been more than likely sufficient to prise Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth, who looked heads and shoulders above anything we have and certainly would give Austin a run for his money, Redknapp has done exactly what Hghes did only the football is now infinitely worse.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

striker required on 21:50 - Apr 5 with 1699 viewsW7Ranger

striker required on 21:48 - Apr 5 by DWQPR

it makes you wonder what Redknapp is taking under the counter when he signs sh1te like Miaga, Keane and a very average forward like Doyle, for monies that would have been more than likely sufficient to prise Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth, who looked heads and shoulders above anything we have and certainly would give Austin a run for his money, Redknapp has done exactly what Hghes did only the football is now infinitely worse.

Pretty much agree apart from Doyle. Was doing ok and looked hungry. Another unfortunate injury to the wrong player!!
striker required on 00:58 - Apr 6 with 1649 viewsCamberleyR

Just seen Hitchcock's goals on the Football League Show. Two penalty box finishes which he probably made look easier than they were although he does have the knack seemingly of being in the right place at the right time. His third was an absolute piece of class. Took a looping ball down brilliantly with one touch and without looking up coolly chipped the keeper.

Just looks a natural goalscorer.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

striker required on 12:32 - Apr 6 with 1567 viewsterryb

striker required on 00:58 - Apr 6 by CamberleyR

Just seen Hitchcock's goals on the Football League Show. Two penalty box finishes which he probably made look easier than they were although he does have the knack seemingly of being in the right place at the right time. His third was an absolute piece of class. Took a looping ball down brilliantly with one touch and without looking up coolly chipped the keeper.

For the first time I have realised why 'arry wouldn't play Hitchcock.

What would be the point of playing a natural goalscorer who can sniff out chances when we never play the ball into the box?

Also think of the comedy you would have missed if you hadn't had the chance to see our incoming loanees!
striker required on 20:22 - Apr 6 with 1539 viewsderbyhoop

Hitchcock scores 3 in one game. I don't think I'd be betting on Will Keane to score 3 goals in 46 games in L1.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

striker required on 07:25 - Apr 7 with 1503 viewshoops_legend

While I agree that we should be playing some of our up and coming lads other most of the dross we have.. Imagine if he had two or three poor games in a row.. Some of us would be saying how useless he is and our youths can't cut it.. We are too harsh on our own players sometimes!

But personally I feel the fact he scored in his only appearance warrants him given more oppurtunities. Really strange one. What could he have poossibly done?!

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

striker required on 07:52 - Apr 7 with 1499 viewsCamberleyR

striker required on 07:25 - Apr 7 by hoops_legend

While I agree that we should be playing some of our up and coming lads other most of the dross we have.. Imagine if he had two or three poor games in a row.. Some of us would be saying how useless he is and our youths can't cut it.. We are too harsh on our own players sometimes!

But personally I feel the fact he scored in his only appearance warrants him given more oppurtunities. Really strange one. What could he have poossibly done?!

"But personally I feel the fact he scored in his only appearance warrants him given more oppurtunities. Really strange one. What could he have poossibly done?!"

Perhaps he needs to be related to someone in the management set up.

Oh...
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 8:01]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

striker required on 07:57 - Apr 7 with 1496 viewsRType

striker required on 00:58 - Apr 6 by CamberleyR

Can't really judge players on the basis of watching highlights. Maiga looks a world beater here

Login to get fewer ads

striker required on 08:54 - Apr 7 with 1485 viewstoboboly

striker required on 17:06 - Apr 5 by ealinghoop

Tom hitchcock has scored a few goals for rotherham but hasn't actually been playing much, went a long run of games just sitting on the bench and has only started about 3 matches. All his goals today came from off the bench.

That's a hell of an argument for not playing him.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

striker required on 10:21 - Apr 7 with 1459 viewsdaveB

I do love the irony that we are so desperate for kids to get a chance yet slaughter Carrol and Keane every time they make a mistake. They may not be "our own" but they are still young players playing for QPR this season and we don't have a great deal of patience with them.

I think if "our own" got a chance and had a few poor games the reaction would be pretty similar to what Keane and Carroll get now. Wasn't long ago that many were screaming for Keane to start more games as he was young and Zamora is old, now we don't ever want to see him again.
striker required on 10:26 - Apr 7 with 1453 viewsTacticalR

striker required on 10:21 - Apr 7 by daveB

I do love the irony that we are so desperate for kids to get a chance yet slaughter Carrol and Keane every time they make a mistake. They may not be "our own" but they are still young players playing for QPR this season and we don't have a great deal of patience with them.

I think if "our own" got a chance and had a few poor games the reaction would be pretty similar to what Keane and Carroll get now. Wasn't long ago that many were screaming for Keane to start more games as he was young and Zamora is old, now we don't ever want to see him again.

All we're asking for is total perfection.

Air hostess clique

striker required on 10:29 - Apr 7 with 1450 viewsadhoc_qpr

But what's the benefit to us being patient with loan players?

They are only here as a short term fix after all?

Hitchcock, Harriman and Ehmer in particular have been very overlooked this season given our weakness in their positions - especially given the woeful and needless signings of Chevanton, Onyewu, Hughes, Keane, Dellatorre and Maiga.

In fact, has Hitchcock played a single minute since scoring on his debut?
striker required on 10:38 - Apr 7 with 1445 viewsdaveB

striker required on 10:29 - Apr 7 by adhoc_qpr

But what's the benefit to us being patient with loan players?

They are only here as a short term fix after all?

Hitchcock, Harriman and Ehmer in particular have been very overlooked this season given our weakness in their positions - especially given the woeful and needless signings of Chevanton, Onyewu, Hughes, Keane, Dellatorre and Maiga.

In fact, has Hitchcock played a single minute since scoring on his debut?

I agree they have been over looked in favour of more expensive players who haven't offered much I just think it's a bit ironic that we refuse to show any patience to a young player but then moan that more young players are not picked. I understand the difference between some being on loan and others not but I just don't think that's particularly fair.

The fact they are on loan shouldn't really matter, I'd hope we could show patience and support with them but the abuse Carroll gets is incredible.

Lets face it though no one was moaning about Townsend taking the place of our own players last year as he was brilliant or Kyle Walker or Taarabt before that, it's all to do with how they play rather than the principal of giving our own a chance.
striker required on 11:18 - Apr 7 with 1423 viewsAntti_Heinola

Slightly agree with this Dave, but I do think people have a little more time for our 'own' young players. At least if they do well you know they're not just going to waltz back to their parent club at the end of it.
I think in general I'd just like to see Yun, Petrasso, maybe Hitchcock and Harriman be on our bench and get on every now and again. I know you advocate sending them out on loan to help their development, and I do agree, but for me, certainly, after half a season at Gills playing well, Harriman should have been brought back as cover - he'd have played several times as it happened and wouldn't have been any worse than Hughes - another needless signing. Ditto Hitchcock - we had severe striking issues, he should have been back as cover at least, rather than getting someone else's young player(s). Get them in and around the squad, get them integrated, give them the belief they might actually play for us one day.

Bare bones.

striker required on 11:26 - Apr 7 with 1382 viewsadhoc_qpr

striker required on 11:18 - Apr 7 by Antti_Heinola

Slightly agree with this Dave, but I do think people have a little more time for our 'own' young players. At least if they do well you know they're not just going to waltz back to their parent club at the end of it.
I think in general I'd just like to see Yun, Petrasso, maybe Hitchcock and Harriman be on our bench and get on every now and again. I know you advocate sending them out on loan to help their development, and I do agree, but for me, certainly, after half a season at Gills playing well, Harriman should have been brought back as cover - he'd have played several times as it happened and wouldn't have been any worse than Hughes - another needless signing. Ditto Hitchcock - we had severe striking issues, he should have been back as cover at least, rather than getting someone else's young player(s). Get them in and around the squad, get them integrated, give them the belief they might actually play for us one day.

God knows how much money we could have saved ourselves by playing Yun and Harriman, plus using Petrasso, Hitchcock and Ehmer on the bench with the odds few mins here and there.

We could probably have cut our debt down to a mere £175m once you take into account loan fees and wages.

And we'd actually have a clue if these young players are worth keeping or not.
striker required on 11:50 - Apr 7 with 1366 viewsdaveB

striker required on 11:18 - Apr 7 by Antti_Heinola

I'd have them around the team now as well, we've very little to play for in the last 6 games so giving Petresso a few substitute appearances and Yun a few starts would make sense to me now that 2nd really has gone, I'd certainly have Petresso on the bench tomorrow night.

I think loaning them out has helped improve them, certainly Hitchcock seems to have done better in each loan spell which is good to see
striker required on 12:25 - Apr 7 with 1328 viewsRs_Holy

striker required on 07:57 - Apr 7 by RType

Can't really judge players on the basis of watching highlights. Maiga looks a world beater here

maybe he's just not suited to English footy??? 57 goals in 228 appearances is respectable... then he moves to england and its 4 goals in 36 which is very poor and compounded by the fact that he gives the team nothing else.
Dowie had a poor goals per game record but offered a bit of a physical presence up front!... Maiga gives us nothing.
striker required on 12:33 - Apr 7 with 1324 viewsDoughnut

Should have had a second striker in place at the start of the season. Relying on CA all season has got us where we are now. AJ & BZ, of course see us as a rest home; and are well past it anyway. Blunder at the Strategic level by Mr. R, in addition to all his Tactical fck ups we've had to suffer all season!
And I used to be a HR supporter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024