Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the anti harry brigade 11:13 - Aug 18 with 9385 viewswittle

early days but 7 points from 9 ,a comfortable cup win ,team spirit building nicely,big earners out the door, more players to come,
come on we know your out there.
the anti harry brigade on 13:52 - Aug 18 with 2781 viewsdaveB

the anti harry brigade on 12:45 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

That's the classic opinion that all managers have to live with.

Good performances are down to the players, bad ones are down to the manager!

very true but I do think when it comes to team spirit a lot of it has to come from the players as you can't force people to get on and work as a unit and results also really help, it's rare to see a winning team have a poor team spirit.

The manager helps by making sure the right blend of characters are brought to the club and thats where you can go wrong in the transfer market looking at ability alone rather than character which is one of hughes biggest cock ups and where I think redknapp has done quite well both in january and this summer
the anti harry brigade on 13:58 - Aug 18 with 2771 viewsQPR1882

Why can't people just except we have different opinions. I don't like 'Arry as a person but that does not stop me following QPR.

The majority on here have been slating JB all through the close season but i bet it has not stopped one of you cheering AJ's goal against Sheff Wed after JB's good work.You don't have to be singing his name but you have to admit after 4 games the boy has done good.That does not mean you have to like him,just respect him for the time being for what he is doing for QPR.

That is the way i feel about 'Arry.
the anti harry brigade on 14:15 - Aug 18 with 2747 viewsRanger78

the anti harry brigade on 13:52 - Aug 18 by essextaxiboy

Its a simple enough principle , get behind the bloke looking after our team . Like him of not . If you think he is a spiv fair enough but at the moment he is our spiv.

I happen to think Redknapp fits with the traditions of people like Jim Gregory and Terry Venables . His salary is not his fault .

At least you used the word dislike , the use of hate is way OTT .

What would it take to change your mind , about his football credentials at least ?

His football credentials are not necessarily the problem for me. Whilst I don't think he is anywhere near as good as he is made out to be, I don't think I could argue with his day to day football management / knowledge ect. I'd be an idiot to say he can't manage a football team.

I find it strange that at every single club hes been at, he has to buy a complete new squad, without even trying to coach or mould the one he has into some kind of team. I therefore ask myself is he really that good a man manager??

The real problem for me is his attitude and lack of respect . Vennables , Gregory and even Holloway (somebody else pointed out the he had a big mouth too) i'm sure all genuinely cared about our club whilst they were here, they would have been gutted if we had lost.

With HR it's about him and making himself look good. When something goes wrong we turn into "they" ... the chairman didn't get me this player, the players don't care, the fans need to realise, they are a small club..... these are all things he has said. It's his openness to display the fact, he doesn't care about QPR that gets me. He's also done it at every club he's been at.

This is a man that last year picked a team to play MK Dons and gave the impression that he wanted them to loose!! He slaughtered them all before picking them and then gloated in telling everyone that he had told us so and that they were not good enough!! That to me is unforgivable.

Do you think Vennables and Gregory would act like that? Even if he does want a bigger club in the Premier League, I just wish he would act like he cares and showed more respect while he was here.
the anti harry brigade on 14:23 - Aug 18 with 2740 viewsWeaverQPR

Like him or not once we knew he was staying as manager he deserved the chance to build his team with his own players and be judged on that. So far so good.
3 wins 1 draw and no relegation hangover is a very good start.

@WeavQPR

the anti harry brigade on 14:28 - Aug 18 with 2737 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry Redknapp is no rare breed, he has to perpetuate the myth of professionalism of Football Managers.
The job is a mix of so many skills some technical but many a type of witchery that passes on invincibility and belief to players and owners.
If Redknapp gives a hint of his complicity in QPR's relegation he won't be believed by his players or the Board....it's all a great big lie, listen to Mark Hughes this week. These Guy's are astonishing!
Great tactical move to put young Hitchcock on for a few minutes...nope, just a throw of the dice. Harry Redknapp is no better or worse than all other Managers ( except those who are literally world class) but he's using his experience to try and mix a new successful side on the basis that he's not going to be here if we fail to go up this or next season at the longest...Go for it I say, now's a good a time as any, might be entirely different by January. Two targets for Harry Redknapp, makes us competitive, get rid of costly uninterested squad members. Must be a success?
the anti harry brigade on 20:56 - Aug 18 with 2653 viewsNW5Hoop

the anti harry brigade on 12:42 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

So its a "bit early" to start feeling good about the start but it was perfectly Ok for people to predict the end of the world when the pre season performances weren't up to their standard?!

I also saw several on here saying we HAD to beat Sheff Weds, someone said it would be a disaster if we didn't win that one and even the usual sensible Clive said he couldn't see where we would get any other points in August if we didn't win that.

It seems to me, generally, that its prefectly OK to go completly over the top if a a player or the team have a dodgy 30mins but those of us who are actually quite happy with the start are told "Its only early days"

As I said yetserday I do wonder why some of you bother.

I didn't say a single thing about pre-season, or anything about what we needed to do in the Sheff Wed game, so you might want to consider barking up someone else's tree, mate.
the anti harry brigade on 14:13 - Aug 19 with 2559 viewsPinnerPaul

the anti harry brigade on 20:56 - Aug 18 by NW5Hoop

I didn't say a single thing about pre-season, or anything about what we needed to do in the Sheff Wed game, so you might want to consider barking up someone else's tree, mate.

Did I say you did?

Re read my post do "People" "Several" & "Clive" read as "you" ? I don't think so

Woof woof!
the anti harry brigade on 14:19 - Aug 19 with 2552 viewsNorthernr

the anti harry brigade on 12:42 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

So its a "bit early" to start feeling good about the start but it was perfectly Ok for people to predict the end of the world when the pre season performances weren't up to their standard?!

I also saw several on here saying we HAD to beat Sheff Weds, someone said it would be a disaster if we didn't win that one and even the usual sensible Clive said he couldn't see where we would get any other points in August if we didn't win that.

It seems to me, generally, that its prefectly OK to go completly over the top if a a player or the team have a dodgy 30mins but those of us who are actually quite happy with the start are told "Its only early days"

As I said yetserday I do wonder why some of you bother.

In my defence I think I said that around the time the fixtures came out - lot of transfer activity since then. Bolton and Leeds will be tough but we're looking fairly decent so far, and I've enjoyed all four games which makes a refreshing change after the last two years.
Oppo goalkeeper has been their best player in the three league games I think.

Don't count myself as anti Harry either. Not convinced he'll be good for us long term but not into hating him either.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

the anti harry brigade on 14:48 - Aug 19 with 2526 viewsNW5Hoop

the anti harry brigade on 14:13 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

Did I say you did?

Re read my post do "People" "Several" & "Clive" read as "you" ? I don't think so

Woof woof!

Then why did you quote my post to respond to, if you weren't responding to me? Do you just love my effortless prose?
the anti harry brigade on 14:51 - Aug 19 with 2522 viewssimmo

the anti harry brigade on 11:50 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

My anti-Harryness goes beyond results on the pitch. I'd never dispute that he's a decent manager. We've been good so far without being spectacular, and I'm very pleased with results. But even if he takes us up, he's still the wrong man in my opinion. I don't trust him, his signings smack of short-termism instead of providing a firmer long term base that Swansea, Norwich and even West Ham have concentrated on. Fundamentally, he's the wrong man - this club needs someone with a real long term vision who is in it for the long haul - a young Moyes, or even a Holloway or, much as I dislike him, a Rodgers. Because whatever happens, next summer we are once again going to be buying a mostly new team. Again.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

the anti harry brigade on 19:27 - Aug 19 with 2488 viewsderbyhoop

It's been a good start, without being wholly convincing.
The transfer activity has, generally, been positive. There seems to be a far better team spirit than last season. For those things, you have to give credit to the manager. The organisation on the field and the improvement in set pieces should be attributed to the coaching staff.
It's not been perfect and there is a justifiable feeling that too many of the changes have been for short term results - possibly at the expense of long term development.
Let's not go overboard and see where we are around the end of September.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

the anti harry brigade on 00:27 - Aug 20 with 2464 viewsQPR_ARG

I'll stupidly fall for this, but you, the pro-Harry brigade...how soon have you forgotten about relegation?

Winning promotion will only just make do for all the horrible things we've seen last season which ended in RELEGATION (in case you forgot about that again while you were reading this paragraph).

Of course I'd rather see us win 2 and draw 1 than lose almost every match like last season, but I think you need a bit of a reality check.

Beating Wednesday and Ipswich at home (although not without a huge element of suspense last Saturday), shouldn't be enough reason for you to beat your chest like that.

We spent more money on players than half the Premier League. Let alone the Championship. We pay higher wages in total than Borussia Dortmund, ffs!

Redknapp MUST get QPR up to prevent his tenure at the club being considered a complete disaster.

Getting QPR up, will only go half-way before convincing me (and a few others) that he's capable of being our manager. The other half would be complete if he avoids relegation the following season or gets to a safe mid-table position.

Raising the bar too high? Maybe, but that may seem the case because you're seeing a lot more people setting it TOO low.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 5:17]
the anti harry brigade on 10:18 - Aug 20 with 2413 viewsTheBlob

the anti harry brigade on 00:27 - Aug 20 by QPR_ARG

I'll stupidly fall for this, but you, the pro-Harry brigade...how soon have you forgotten about relegation?

Winning promotion will only just make do for all the horrible things we've seen last season which ended in RELEGATION (in case you forgot about that again while you were reading this paragraph).

Of course I'd rather see us win 2 and draw 1 than lose almost every match like last season, but I think you need a bit of a reality check.

Beating Wednesday and Ipswich at home (although not without a huge element of suspense last Saturday), shouldn't be enough reason for you to beat your chest like that.

We spent more money on players than half the Premier League. Let alone the Championship. We pay higher wages in total than Borussia Dortmund, ffs!

Redknapp MUST get QPR up to prevent his tenure at the club being considered a complete disaster.

Getting QPR up, will only go half-way before convincing me (and a few others) that he's capable of being our manager. The other half would be complete if he avoids relegation the following season or gets to a safe mid-table position.

Raising the bar too high? Maybe, but that may seem the case because you're seeing a lot more people setting it TOO low.

Funny how perceptions of "reality" differ innit.
Well I'm sure Harry is getting plenty of sleepness nights worrying how to convince a handful of supporters.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the anti harry brigade on 14:05 - Aug 20 with 2377 viewsLoft1979

Disagree. We had a squad built on reputations poorly coached and unbalanced. The opening loss showed just how poor. The defense was picked apart like an amateur league team, and the leaks would not go away. We had zero passing game and Adel and his running were the lone weapon.
Park, Junior were non-contributors, Mbia showed flashes but more as a defender. Derry and Clint were continually exposed. Our MVP was Ryan Nelson, who was great, but once he bolted the gates reopened, and samba and Clint together was awfull. The right and left backs were non- factors.

Remy gave us a chance for goals but he was a rare sight. Adel gave us two wins, but he was a Lone Ranger and overwhelmed, often despondent. On top of that how many players turned us down.

This year Joey is back. The midfield sans park is competitive again, with ale also back. Like to see Mbia courted because he cold be an upgrade over Henry, even slot into centerback wih Nedum or Dunne. If Mbia can dominate the way he did against arsenal and several other games, this league would have no answer to him.

Kudos for bringing in Austin. Ok he has one goal but he has dominated the front when he plays through his work rate. Others will pick up the pieces of his efforts more often just as hitch did. Note there were other misses and saves that our guys just missed getting to..

Hughes style was defend then counter, but lat year he had no defense. Harry has a more balanced approach and appears to be focusing around Joey. And it has worked.
the anti harry brigade on 14:27 - Aug 20 with 2358 viewsbaz_qpr

focusing anything around Barton IMHO is asking for trouble
the anti harry brigade on 16:34 - Aug 20 with 2335 viewsQPR1882

the anti harry brigade on 14:27 - Aug 20 by baz_qpr

focusing anything around Barton IMHO is asking for trouble

Or promotion.
the anti harry brigade on 17:36 - Aug 20 with 2294 viewsFDC

Is it compulsory to join a brigade?

Can I join the False Dichotomy Brigade?
the anti harry brigade on 19:02 - Aug 20 with 2263 viewsessextaxiboy

the anti harry brigade on 16:34 - Aug 20 by QPR1882

Or promotion.

What do you mean by trouble ??? You dont mean .... you could be proved wrong ??

Oh the humiliation! , all you did was get behind your team and be positive .

Barton is playing well, the team is unbeaten . Why not take a chance ?

Get behind them
the anti harry brigade on 19:15 - Aug 20 with 2244 viewsQPR1882

the anti harry brigade on 19:02 - Aug 20 by essextaxiboy

What do you mean by trouble ??? You dont mean .... you could be proved wrong ??

Oh the humiliation! , all you did was get behind your team and be positive .

Barton is playing well, the team is unbeaten . Why not take a chance ?

Get behind them

I'm guessing you have replied to the wrong post ?
the anti harry brigade on 19:20 - Aug 20 with 2238 viewsdolcelatte

the anti harry brigade on 00:27 - Aug 20 by QPR_ARG

Sorry but that is just drivel.

Holloway is hero worshipped in some quarters on here and yet he took over with time to save us but found he couldn't because of a squad on high wages who has sweet fa team spirit. Sound familiar? Holloway then took 3 seasons to get us promoted despite a similar approach of paying some of the highest wages etc in the division at the time.

Mark Hughes screwed us in the premier and TF knows he was stupid to be taken in by his bullsh1t in the same way Stoke will. You can't polish a turd and Mark Hughes created that turd not Harry..

Harry wasn't my first choice and I still don't think he is the right fit for us but the blinkers from some quarters is unreal. And I still wonder how you can be so anti Harry from that far away, not attending games and watching internet feeds - sorry just don't get it.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

the anti harry brigade on 19:24 - Aug 20 with 2234 viewsTheBlob

Don't argue with them,it's all set in stone.It's like trying to persuade the Pope that God doesn't exist.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the anti harry brigade on 20:26 - Aug 20 with 2217 viewsessextaxiboy

the anti harry brigade on 19:15 - Aug 20 by QPR1882

I'm guessing you have replied to the wrong post ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024