Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti party over? 17:36 - Oct 19 with 4863 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'm at a total lose after that. For the first time I am starting to think that MC may be the problem.
I can't see a game plan, or how we are trying to break teams down.
It's turned into long ball hit and hope football. We start as 3421 but finish with God knows what. Worse, it's just dull to watch.

I hope he can turn this around, but the players look disinterested. Has he lost the dressing room?
Marti party over? on 17:47 - Oct 19 with 4326 viewsrbee

QPR_Pro_Max asked in the main match thread 'How many more games will Marti have?'

Currently I hope many more including next season.

I am as p1ssed off as anyone at the moment with our poor form and poor results. But the reality is that we have been flirting with relegation for a few seasons now and if we go down this season it would be gut wretching but not the biggest of surprises.

Too many times in our recent club history we have approached a fork in the road and it seems that we are fast approaching another.

We can ditch Marti and Xaxi and start over again with yet another new manager but if we do that then Nourry should also be shown the door as he is as culpable as Marti for the situation that we find ourselves in today, rock bottom. A new manager, with virtually the same squad, may not be able to keep us in The Championship.

Or we accept that Nourry and Marti are still only a short way down their road of implementing the new club ethos and style of play that Nourry keeps telling us about.

I would prefer us to stick with Nourry and Marti, with his new long contract, and give them plenty of time to fully implement their plans. So much chop and change the past few seasons so I think we may as well give long term stability an opportunity to succeed.

Initially the summer transfer window was fresh and exciting but our form and league position shows that it has not been a success. All a part of the learning curve for Nourry and Marti and come January the 1st I would hope to see Hayden signed along with a few others. Messes up our Profit and Sustainability for the next three-year cycle but of course we have to fight for our Championship status.

Down vote all you like but this is only a long term Queens Park Rangers FC fans opinion as he sees it today.
Marti party over? on 17:52 - Oct 19 with 4190 viewsHayesender

On the plus side, at least we won't have to worry about Marti being poached

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Marti party over? on 17:54 - Oct 19 with 4141 viewsBluce_Ree

If this fking club manages to ruin Marti, I'm going to struggle to give any more f**ks about the whole f**king organisation.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Marti party over? on 17:57 - Oct 19 with 4071 viewsE15Hoop

Marti party over? on 17:47 - Oct 19 by rbee

QPR_Pro_Max asked in the main match thread 'How many more games will Marti have?'

Currently I hope many more including next season.

I am as p1ssed off as anyone at the moment with our poor form and poor results. But the reality is that we have been flirting with relegation for a few seasons now and if we go down this season it would be gut wretching but not the biggest of surprises.

Too many times in our recent club history we have approached a fork in the road and it seems that we are fast approaching another.

We can ditch Marti and Xaxi and start over again with yet another new manager but if we do that then Nourry should also be shown the door as he is as culpable as Marti for the situation that we find ourselves in today, rock bottom. A new manager, with virtually the same squad, may not be able to keep us in The Championship.

Or we accept that Nourry and Marti are still only a short way down their road of implementing the new club ethos and style of play that Nourry keeps telling us about.

I would prefer us to stick with Nourry and Marti, with his new long contract, and give them plenty of time to fully implement their plans. So much chop and change the past few seasons so I think we may as well give long term stability an opportunity to succeed.

Initially the summer transfer window was fresh and exciting but our form and league position shows that it has not been a success. All a part of the learning curve for Nourry and Marti and come January the 1st I would hope to see Hayden signed along with a few others. Messes up our Profit and Sustainability for the next three-year cycle but of course we have to fight for our Championship status.

Down vote all you like but this is only a long term Queens Park Rangers FC fans opinion as he sees it today.

Hurrah!! Nice to see another grown-up has finally joined the conversation!
Marti party over? on 18:00 - Oct 19 with 3995 viewsJamesB1979

I do wonder whether he over complicates it in his coaching. I get lost when he talks about the game. Wonder whether over time, players feel the same. I’m not quite certain what our game plan is and not certain players know their jobs.
Marti party over? on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 3847 viewsstevec

I think Marti should be allowed the opportunity to take us down so we can carry on playing league one football, but in the correct division.

We all need a break from us trying to be a competitive Championship side when we’re never really up to it.
Marti party over? on 18:09 - Oct 19 with 3754 viewsPikey

Marti party over? on 18:00 - Oct 19 by JamesB1979

I do wonder whether he over complicates it in his coaching. I get lost when he talks about the game. Wonder whether over time, players feel the same. I’m not quite certain what our game plan is and not certain players know their jobs.

It seems to a lot of people have spent a lot of time making a simple game difficult.
If we had z shot that might improve our chances of scoring and nen dcwinning a game.
But at least we cant blame Les for this one.
Marti party over? on 18:15 - Oct 19 with 3651 viewsMelakaRanger

I’ve not seen any “plan” in our play for many a week. And I’m sure the players are clueless as to what they are supposed to do
Login to get fewer ads

Marti party over? on 18:22 - Oct 19 with 3544 viewsrbee

Marti party over? on 18:06 - Oct 19 by stevec

I think Marti should be allowed the opportunity to take us down so we can carry on playing league one football, but in the correct division.

We all need a break from us trying to be a competitive Championship side when we’re never really up to it.

I suspect that your tongue is planted in your cheek but currently what you say isn't strictly true.

So far this season we have played 15 games and lost four by a two goal margin, all other losses have been by a single goal which suggests to me that we are competitive, largely playing poorly but nevertheless competitive.

Take today's game; if Chair scores then we are 2-0 up and likely heading for a win. Two poor peices of defending costs us the game. We are still operating on the negative side of fine margins.
Marti party over? on 18:45 - Oct 19 with 3343 viewsJamesB1979

Marti party over? on 18:22 - Oct 19 by rbee

I suspect that your tongue is planted in your cheek but currently what you say isn't strictly true.

So far this season we have played 15 games and lost four by a two goal margin, all other losses have been by a single goal which suggests to me that we are competitive, largely playing poorly but nevertheless competitive.

Take today's game; if Chair scores then we are 2-0 up and likely heading for a win. Two poor peices of defending costs us the game. We are still operating on the negative side of fine margins.

I think we’ve been poor in all 10 league games
Marti party over? on 19:41 - Oct 19 with 3070 viewsrbee

Marti party over? on 18:45 - Oct 19 by JamesB1979

I think we’ve been poor in all 10 league games

As I said, pretty much, but we have had a few moments and nabbed, too few, points.
[Post edited 19 Oct 19:43]
Marti party over? on 09:58 - Oct 20 with 2496 viewsRangersDave

you cannot be any way competitive if your losing.

Losing suggests you are not competitive at all!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Marti party over? on 10:05 - Oct 20 with 2425 viewsbosh67

The problem seems to be that you can't get the players to learn a system and stick at it if their confidence is blown and the mentality is low. You end up having to go back to basics like last time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti party over? on 10:47 - Oct 20 with 2202 viewsPaddyhoops

Marti party over? on 18:06 - Oct 19 by stevec

I think I’m with you on this . I just want to win a few football matches . I had the luxury of a few beers in the crown yesterday. What have I got in Tuesday ? A long days work in London .
Wait an hour or two for kick off and probably another defeat . A drive back to Watford , straight to bed and up again at 5.30 .
Not good for the old mental health. This bolox.
Marti party over? on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 2094 viewsJamesB1979

My initial reaction after a few defeats is always “sack him!” but I’m always like that and the next day I’m more rational. Of course we shouldn’t sack him and I’d say stick with him even if we do to league 1. But let’s be honest, we’ve been poor in pretty much every game this season. We can’t only blame the new players and Noury for that. Marti and some of players from last season have to take some of the blame. Why rest players for Palace cup game? What were we saving JCS for yesterday? If he’s fit play him, don’t save him for Coventry. Marti works with the players and sees matches he must have seen that Field and Madsen isn’t working. He must see that we are boring to watch and concede too many goals. At the moment it looks like he doesn’t have any answers. That said, I’m hoping that going back to 4 man defence of Dunne, Cook, JCS, Paal with Field and Varane in front will bring us more stability in next few games. We need a clean sheet and need one asap to get confidence back.
Marti party over? on 11:24 - Oct 20 with 1920 viewsHoopsarrr

After sitting through 85mins of what I have recently termed my weekly charitable donation. It's clear that Marti has over complicated his tactics in a largely straightforward league. The upper loft gives you a good view of formations and players movement to which it’s very clear where it’s not working. Fox too slow at moving the ball to Paal or Saito allowing Portsmouth to screen cover. Dunne (and apologies to any huge fans here) is simply too clumsy and simply not good enough to play with ball at feet. Bar a switch to right back last season he hasn’t improved his overall game and reverts to panic hoofing the ball out of the stadium.

What surprised me yesterday was rather than showing for the ball in midfield we thought it was easier to play up to Frey and build. Where has the midfield gone? Portsmouth on the other hand played neat 3,4 passes and were on attack. If we are a possession based team why are we then bypassing our midfield and reverting to hoofball. The only time this changed was when Field (yesterday’s walking red card tight rope) went off and Morgan added some movement to our static midfield. If Marti plays Field and Madsen again in front of the back 4 or 3 or 5 he deserves all the criticism.

If we are to move upward then it has to go back to basics which Marti did when he first came in. 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 screen the back 4 with Field and Varane/Colback and give players who are seemingly struggling Dunne, Madsen, Fox to read the game from the bench and build their confidence with small cameos. The championship is a funny old league. Blink and it’s January.
Marti party over? on 12:13 - Oct 20 with 1719 viewsblavod

Yes he has very little to work with, but the players looked clueless yesterday, and some of them could not wait to get substituted.

I like him and we would be made to change managers again, but he cannot escape the blame for yesterday's debacle.

What an earth did they do in training for the last two weeks?
Marti party over? on 12:23 - Oct 20 with 1642 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Marti has an awful lot of credit from last season.

However, imagine if Paul Hart had been in charge yesterday...

If we were playing well and losing, fair enough, but we've mostly been crap all season.
Marti party over? on 12:52 - Oct 20 with 1505 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti party over? on 09:58 - Oct 20 by RangersDave

you cannot be any way competitive if your losing.

Losing suggests you are not competitive at all!

What a bizarre idea - why can't you have a competitive loss?

The stats show we were actually very competitive v Pompey, albeit lacking so much lustre the team could have been sold for a pittance off the set of Steptoe and Son: 65% possession; 15 goal attempts (8 on target). We lost, as has been well attested, through a couple of moments of defensive ineptitude by one shamefully match-unfit player (which is completely on Marti), plus our usual lack of cutting edge.
[Post edited 20 Oct 12:58]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Marti party over? on 12:56 - Oct 20 with 1476 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti party over? on 11:00 - Oct 20 by JamesB1979

My initial reaction after a few defeats is always “sack him!” but I’m always like that and the next day I’m more rational. Of course we shouldn’t sack him and I’d say stick with him even if we do to league 1. But let’s be honest, we’ve been poor in pretty much every game this season. We can’t only blame the new players and Noury for that. Marti and some of players from last season have to take some of the blame. Why rest players for Palace cup game? What were we saving JCS for yesterday? If he’s fit play him, don’t save him for Coventry. Marti works with the players and sees matches he must have seen that Field and Madsen isn’t working. He must see that we are boring to watch and concede too many goals. At the moment it looks like he doesn’t have any answers. That said, I’m hoping that going back to 4 man defence of Dunne, Cook, JCS, Paal with Field and Varane in front will bring us more stability in next few games. We need a clean sheet and need one asap to get confidence back.

Hilariously self-contradictory post. You say it's not (all) on Marti and it's the players who need to man up, and then tell us all about how it's the selection issues are shooting us in the foot and the manager doesn't have any answers.

So I suppose you're actually saying it's all on everyone (but especially the manager)? Or not.
[Post edited 20 Oct 12:59]

Marti party over? on 13:19 - Oct 20 with 1343 viewsBklynRanger

We seem to have a worrying mix of problems.

- Mistakes at the back
- Nobody to collect it in the middle and move it purposely forward, and not even close to having anyone available
- A strange lack of creativity up front - which I find bizarre considering he now has a lot more at his disposal, at least in terms of the players behind the hapless forward.

He's right that we shouldn't have gone 2-1 down, but once we did we had no clue about how to turn it around with a full half an hour left. That can't be just about confidence - Marti seems to be in just as much of a funk as the players.I hope he gets the time to come out of it.
Marti party over? on 13:25 - Oct 20 with 1305 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Marti party over? on 12:56 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

Hilariously self-contradictory post. You say it's not (all) on Marti and it's the players who need to man up, and then tell us all about how it's the selection issues are shooting us in the foot and the manager doesn't have any answers.

So I suppose you're actually saying it's all on everyone (but especially the manager)? Or not.
[Post edited 20 Oct 12:59]

Try to be a little less uppity when responding to posts. You're far from the only voice in the room, however you do appear to be the loudest.

Manners cost nothing as my Dad would say.
Marti party over? on 14:46 - Oct 20 with 1080 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti party over? on 11:24 - Oct 20 by Hoopsarrr

After sitting through 85mins of what I have recently termed my weekly charitable donation. It's clear that Marti has over complicated his tactics in a largely straightforward league. The upper loft gives you a good view of formations and players movement to which it’s very clear where it’s not working. Fox too slow at moving the ball to Paal or Saito allowing Portsmouth to screen cover. Dunne (and apologies to any huge fans here) is simply too clumsy and simply not good enough to play with ball at feet. Bar a switch to right back last season he hasn’t improved his overall game and reverts to panic hoofing the ball out of the stadium.

What surprised me yesterday was rather than showing for the ball in midfield we thought it was easier to play up to Frey and build. Where has the midfield gone? Portsmouth on the other hand played neat 3,4 passes and were on attack. If we are a possession based team why are we then bypassing our midfield and reverting to hoofball. The only time this changed was when Field (yesterday’s walking red card tight rope) went off and Morgan added some movement to our static midfield. If Marti plays Field and Madsen again in front of the back 4 or 3 or 5 he deserves all the criticism.

If we are to move upward then it has to go back to basics which Marti did when he first came in. 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 screen the back 4 with Field and Varane/Colback and give players who are seemingly struggling Dunne, Madsen, Fox to read the game from the bench and build their confidence with small cameos. The championship is a funny old league. Blink and it’s January.

Dunne is simply too clumsy with the ball at his feet....lol

Must have missed that sublime piece of skill in 1st Half when with a great flick he opened up space into the middle of the pitch....and wait for it....actually ran forward into it with the ball!
Marti party over? on 14:54 - Oct 20 with 1023 viewsHayesender

It seems like an age ago we all rocked up to Coventry, drunk, happy, and with Marti masks in tow

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Marti party over? on 15:00 - Oct 20 with 964 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti party over? on 13:25 - Oct 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Try to be a little less uppity when responding to posts. You're far from the only voice in the room, however you do appear to be the loudest.

Manners cost nothing as my Dad would say.

I may try to if some people can think a little before they write.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024