Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 30/09/24 20:43 - Sep 21 with 48112 viewsRangersw12

No Marti !?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:37 - Sep 25 with 4030 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Northernr

A subsequent devilish thought occurs to me...

Maybe Cifuentes is gonna appear. It'll be Nourry all the way through, but first 20 mins will be all the questions they got about the team for which Cifuentes will be with him, then next 20 will be on academy and development squad for which Furs/Betsy people like that, they'll have 20 mins on the recruitment maybe with Belk up there with him, DeSouza's bound to appear, head of operations for a bit to talk about beer and toilets.

They didn't put Cifuentes on the release as part of the "it's a joint effort" pitch, didn't want him to be over and above any of the others. Everybody has automatically jumped to the conclusion that means he's not coming. And they're now all sitting there chuckling at the six page thread and Twitter posts it's caused. Monday night, two minutes in, Cifuentes introduced, big cheers and applause, all is right in the world again.

I mean, I've only posted this three times on the thread already, Clive.

Bare bones.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:37 - Sep 25 with 4026 viewsHooping_Mad

Probably going to be one of those new fangled LCD Panels with Nourry appearing ala Max Headroom or maybe Holly from Red Dwarf.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:41 - Sep 25 with 4008 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:37 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

I mean, I've only posted this three times on the thread already, Clive.

Who said that?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:42 - Sep 25 with 3986 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:41 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Who said that?

oh i get it.
first he offers me money.
Now it's the silent treatment.
Good cop, bad cop eh?

Bare bones.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:45 - Sep 25 with 3964 viewsgigiisourgod

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:36 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

I agree.

But also, and sorry if this offends people, sometimes I just want to go and watch some effing football at an effing football ground and not waste time and energy worrying about the billion things that go into running a club.

Some people do care about that, deeply. For some people it's the number one thing in their life. And that's fine - the club needs those people. But don't have too much of a go at people that maybe can't be bothered with all that crap and just like going to the football.

Equally, if you think you'll get transparency and accountability from a fans forum you've not been paying much attention over the years.

Supporting the club for 40 odd years and not even a semi final for the highlight reel, I feel the least the club could do is have the manager rolled out once a year for the ā€˜baying massesā€™. Poor form from whosever decision this is IMO.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 00:10 - Sep 26 with 3817 viewsconnell10

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:38 - Sep 25 by Dorse

'...Mr Nourry, isn't it true that you are the CEO, DOF and now Janitor at this creepy old stadium and that you have been trying to scare away the public with crap beer, third world plumbing and awful PA equipment so that you can sell Loftus Road to developers building a Mrs Brown's Boys museum?'
(Clive removes CN's mask to reveal...)
'Gasp! Old Man Ferdinand!'
'Yes, and I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!'

And I'm not even drunk. Yet.

And we all bundle into the Mystery Mobile for our next crazy adventure at Chessington World of Adventure.
[Post edited 26 Sep 0:12]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 00:29 - Sep 26 with 3793 viewskensalriser

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:12 - Sep 25 by 1JD

If Nourry doesnā€™t realise his own faux pas, and doesnā€™t course correct with Martiā€™s belated attendance, Iā€™d be surprised.

Then again, reneging on his power play is probably too tough a pill for him to swallow. So he is caught between a rock and a hard place.
[Post edited 25 Sep 22:13]

And what can usually be found between rock and plaice? Cod...and haddock. Gary Haddock?

This is getting very fishy now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 00:34 - Sep 26 with 3784 viewsconnell10

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 00:29 - Sep 26 by kensalriser

And what can usually be found between rock and plaice? Cod...and haddock. Gary Haddock?

This is getting very fishy now.

What a load of old pollocks

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 07:17 - Sep 26 with 3583 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'll laugh if it is just Judd the Cat and that Tiger mascot sitting on high stools. Noury whispers the answers to any questions to them, who then proceed to inform those in attendance of the answer through the medium of mime.

You'll all leave with as much knowledge of the club as you went in there with.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 07:30 - Sep 26 with 3554 viewslassel

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:42 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

oh i get it.
first he offers me money.
Now it's the silent treatment.
Good cop, bad cop eh?

Iā€™m just glad to see North fulfilling the stereotype of the a middle aged man paying for content that is otherwise widely available free onlineā€¦.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 08:01 - Sep 26 with 3460 viewsGaryHaddock

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:36 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

I agree.

But also, and sorry if this offends people, sometimes I just want to go and watch some effing football at an effing football ground and not waste time and energy worrying about the billion things that go into running a club.

Some people do care about that, deeply. For some people it's the number one thing in their life. And that's fine - the club needs those people. But don't have too much of a go at people that maybe can't be bothered with all that crap and just like going to the football.

Equally, if you think you'll get transparency and accountability from a fans forum you've not been paying much attention over the years.

Well on the second paragraph, of course we all would.

But I wonder what fans of Bury, Wimbledon, or Leipzig who felt that way think now.

I also wasnā€™t speaking about fans forums specifically which always seem a farce to me, or people keeping their noses out of it, rather those who have leapt to his defence when he is asked questions of.
[Post edited 26 Sep 8:06]
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 08:10 - Sep 26 with 3420 viewsR_from_afar

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:37 - Sep 25 by Hooping_Mad

Probably going to be one of those new fangled LCD Panels with Nourry appearing ala Max Headroom or maybe Holly from Red Dwarf.

Or, and this is one for our older readers, Joe 90 will be playing the role of knowledgeable football coach

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 08:31 - Sep 26 with 3315 viewsstevec

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 19:36 - Sep 24 by loftboy

Is there anywhere to submit a question for those unable to attend?

Okay I found the form,just questioned the prices of the Guinness (Ā£8) in the forever Rā€™s bar and suggested slightly under cutting or at least matching the prices of the local pubs will in the long term generate more income. I also mentioned it was poured incorrectly šŸ˜‚
[Post edited 24 Sep 19:46]

Poured incorrectly? The best Iā€™ve ever had is a warm bottle of carlsberg and an empty plastic cup slammed down in front of me.

Iā€™m sorted with the fans forum. Iā€™ve put my question in about the seat backs and waiting for it to be ignored for the 56th consecutive year.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:30 - Sep 26 with 3219 viewsWokingR

If they do wheel out Kevin Betsy he will be well worth talking to Clive.
Used to watch him when he started his playing career at Woking, and now play golf with his then manager.
He describes him as one of the most impressive and nicest people he has ever met.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 10:47 - Sep 26 with 2978 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:10 - Sep 25 by slmrstid

People threw "learning on the job" at Les Ferdinand for about 10 years (at what point, do you think, had he finally learned his job?) so maybe they'll do this for Nourry now as well.

Les was accused for years of not being qualified for the job but Nourry not a word about his qualifications to basically run the club, is quite funny really
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:11 - Sep 26 with 2781 viewsstantheman10

Just a thought if MC were to be at the Forum what would he actually divulge that is any different to what he says pre and post match? Let's face it why should he explain why he employed the tactics he did against Mlllalll or in any of the other games? He's paid to do a job to his best abilities and the way we play is up to him. We all think we could manage the team and a game in a better way than the manager when we don't win but let's be honest at the very least 99% of us don't possess a UEFA Pro license so why should he explain himself to us? He's not going to tell us which players he would like us to sign (especially as it won't be down to him) and he's not going to give up what team or tactics he's going to use against Hull so what is he actually going to talk about?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:42 - Sep 26 with 2713 viewsDavieQPR

Seems it is going to be more a business meeting and not about team tactics so why should MC be there?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 13:19 - Sep 26 with 2630 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:42 - Sep 26 by DavieQPR

Seems it is going to be more a business meeting and not about team tactics so why should MC be there?

Where does it say that?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 13:44 - Sep 26 with 2540 viewsW7Ranger

Maybe Nourry is worried about the potential for the fans at the forum to start belting out the "Paella, Estrella, hates f*cking Chelsea" song live on Youtube!
[Post edited 26 Sep 13:45]
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 13:47 - Sep 26 with 2508 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 07:30 - Sep 26 by lassel

Iā€™m just glad to see North fulfilling the stereotype of the a middle aged man paying for content that is otherwise widely available free onlineā€¦.

I think you'll find my only fans is subscription only, thanks.

Bare bones.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 13:56 - Sep 26 with 2469 viewsaston_hoop

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 13:44 - Sep 26 by W7Ranger

Maybe Nourry is worried about the potential for the fans at the forum to start belting out the "Paella, Estrella, hates f*cking Chelsea" song live on Youtube!
[Post edited 26 Sep 13:45]

The pronounciation of Estrella and Paella should be more than enough to have him running for the hills

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:29 - Sep 26 with 2354 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Northernr

A subsequent devilish thought occurs to me...

Maybe Cifuentes is gonna appear. It'll be Nourry all the way through, but first 20 mins will be all the questions they got about the team for which Cifuentes will be with him, then next 20 will be on academy and development squad for which Furs/Betsy people like that, they'll have 20 mins on the recruitment maybe with Belk up there with him, DeSouza's bound to appear, head of operations for a bit to talk about beer and toilets.

They didn't put Cifuentes on the release as part of the "it's a joint effort" pitch, didn't want him to be over and above any of the others. Everybody has automatically jumped to the conclusion that means he's not coming. And they're now all sitting there chuckling at the six page thread and Twitter posts it's caused. Monday night, two minutes in, Cifuentes introduced, big cheers and applause, all is right in the world again.

A bit like Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah, Nourry will take the first 30 minutes before someone finally plucks up the courage to ask "Where's Marti?". Cue the camera panning across to find Cifuentes in the coup feeding chickens. When Marti does finally join the set, Christian gently squeezes his hand to let him know which questions he can and can't answer. A fan asks whether the toilets have been finally fixed, upon which Marti 'Top Gun' Cifuentes jumps up and down for joy on the sofa.

[Post edited 26 Sep 15:02]
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:35 - Sep 26 with 2028 viewsNed_Kennedys

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:32 - Sep 25 by Hoopsie

FWIW, it is beginning to sound more like a CEO forum than a Fans forum

Perhaps thatā€™s the agenda, the fans can do one!

Fans Forums are not legally enforced: the club donā€™t have to put one on.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 07:02 - Sep 27 with 1733 viewsDorse

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 22:35 - Sep 26 by Ned_Kennedys

Fans Forums are not legally enforced: the club donā€™t have to put one on.

But they chose to do it anyway. This blatant provocation cannot go unanswered.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 08:12 - Sep 27 with 1548 viewsstevec

Iā€™m with Marti on this.

It worked for the Queen and it works for BeyoncƩ.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024