Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 30/09/24 20:43 - Sep 21 with 48115 viewsRangersw12

No Marti !?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 23:35 - Sep 24 with 2665 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 23:06 - Sep 23 by rbee

''CEO Christian Nourry will answer supporters’ questions regarding football and business matters'' suggests to me that Christian will be the only person there which is strange as is the short notice given for the event.

However being a dictator he didn't have to do this at all so all fans can do is attend the event with an open mind and see what transpires.

It will be interesting to see which fans get invited and who will be allowed to ask questions.

As for Marti the fact that Frey went and celebrated his goal with his manager says enough for me.

Call me old-fashioned, but what business are 'football matters' of CN anyway? That's the province of the coach/manager (or was for decades at least).

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 23:36 - Sep 24 with 2665 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 04:11 - Sep 24 by Hoopsie

Maybe Marti didn't want to talk (now)?

How certain are we that Marti is not allowed to engage the press etc?

Imagine what he would be asked:
- why team cannot play 2 halves
- your selection is wrong that you have to change it half time
- why is that player 6 or 8, why not this player plays 10 etc
- why didn't you put the strongest side against Palace
- a pathetic draw against Millwall, i told you so (see above)
- why didn't we go all in in the cup
- what is with the playing out from the back
- why are we so boring
- what's plan B?
- you got a full pre-season, and we don't know our starting 11?
- when is chair returning? what happened to Kolli - why not send him out for loan
- ydah ydah blah blah blah.............

Just throwing it out there as nobody here knows anything
[Post edited 24 Sep 4:13]

All of which are great questions, no? Now Nourry has taken over football matters, perhaps he can answer one or two.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 23:39 - Sep 24 with 2665 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 19:36 - Sep 24 by loftboy

Is there anywhere to submit a question for those unable to attend?

Okay I found the form,just questioned the prices of the Guinness (£8) in the forever R’s bar and suggested slightly under cutting or at least matching the prices of the local pubs will in the long term generate more income. I also mentioned it was poured incorrectly 😂
[Post edited 24 Sep 19:46]

As Beckett said, 'the essential doesn't change'. There are clearly indefeasible market/professional forces that mean beer at QPR can never/neither be sanely priced or poured. Lee Hoos explained it all to us before he mercifully stepped down (or aside).
[Post edited 24 Sep 23:39]

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 00:54 - Sep 25 with 2516 viewsstainrods_elbow

Amusingly, I note the online form opens a drop-down menu where one can answer 'no' to the question as to whether one wishes to attend. (Doing so presumably makes filling in the rest of it redundant, one would assume - unless the club's assembling some kind of blacklist of nay-sayers.)

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 07:23 - Sep 25 with 2372 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 04:11 - Sep 24 by Hoopsie

Maybe Marti didn't want to talk (now)?

How certain are we that Marti is not allowed to engage the press etc?

Imagine what he would be asked:
- why team cannot play 2 halves
- your selection is wrong that you have to change it half time
- why is that player 6 or 8, why not this player plays 10 etc
- why didn't you put the strongest side against Palace
- a pathetic draw against Millwall, i told you so (see above)
- why didn't we go all in in the cup
- what is with the playing out from the back
- why are we so boring
- what's plan B?
- you got a full pre-season, and we don't know our starting 11?
- when is chair returning? what happened to Kolli - why not send him out for loan
- ydah ydah blah blah blah.............

Just throwing it out there as nobody here knows anything
[Post edited 24 Sep 4:13]

Among the reasons we were giving for not getting our interview in the summer, "he doesn't want to do it" was not one of them. And it would have been a lot easier for them to say that.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:30 - Sep 25 with 2215 viewsTheChef

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 21:34 - Sep 24 by Dorse

For the avoidance of doubt, I am turning on Nourry, am ITK and will be in attendance, stripped to the waist wearing a necklace of ears, carrying a homemade truncheon and baying for blood throughout.

Either that or staying home watching repeats of Death In Paradise, eating Werthers Original and knitting scarves for orphaned hamsters. You know, one of the two.

Finally someone talking sense.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:40 - Sep 25 with 2188 viewswombat

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:30 - Sep 25 by TheChef

Finally someone talking sense.

anyone get the feeling this isnt going to go well monday night !

nourry wont have experienced a room full of fans before and we all know some of the questions thrown at him will be slightly off centre as usual .

full a few house im going
price of beer
kolli not playing
players contracts not being disclosed
can we dig down to increase stadium size

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:46 - Sep 25 with 2174 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:40 - Sep 25 by wombat

nourry wont have experienced a room full of fans before and we all know some of the questions thrown at him will be slightly off centre as usual .

price of beer
kolli not playing

Nah I suspect he'll charm this crowd pretty easily.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:51 - Sep 25 with 2140 viewsTheChef

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:46 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Nah I suspect he'll charm this crowd pretty easily.

Bright, shiny things.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:54 - Sep 25 with 2116 viewsaston_hoop

price of beer
kolli not playing

We'll put 3 past Blackburn and the mood will be rocking. Always the way

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:55 - Sep 25 with 2107 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:54 - Sep 25 by aston_hoop

We'll put 3 past Blackburn and the mood will be rocking. Always the way

Followed quickly by a 2-0 loss to Hull
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:10 - Sep 25 with 1988 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 23:35 - Sep 24 by stainrods_elbow

Call me old-fashioned, but what business are 'football matters' of CN anyway? That's the province of the coach/manager (or was for decades at least).

He's basically in charge of everything doing a duel role of CEO and Director of football so football matters are his job
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:21 - Sep 25 with 1942 viewslassel

price of beer
kolli not playing

Nourry was a recruitment consultant when he talked his way into QPRz

He’s going to be absolutely fine…
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:32 - Sep 25 with 1862 viewsHoopsie

FWIW, it is beginning to sound more like a CEO forum than a Fans forum

Perhaps that’s the agenda, the fans can do one!

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:00 - Sep 25 with 1765 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:10 - Sep 25 by daveB

He's basically in charge of everything doing a duel role of CEO and Director of football so football matters are his job

He's the CEO. As far as I know, we don't have a DoF, post-Les.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:08 - Sep 25 with 1750 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:00 - Sep 25 by stainrods_elbow

He's the CEO. As far as I know, we don't have a DoF, post-Les.

That's because it's him. Self described as a "football focused CEO". He's doing both the jobs.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:24 - Sep 25 with 1697 viewsStainrod

Most things about the club now seem on a strong upward trajectory. Lack of club engagement and communication one of the few negatives. That said SOME fans don't do themselves any favours when they have had every key decision maker there and have asked about the urinals or the price of beer, which is just embarrassing.

Questions I would like answered:

Why no plan b seeing as we are no closer to being able to pass out from the back?

When will Chair be back?

We were told a couple of years ago that the plan was to re-develop Loftus Rd rather than move - how's that going?

Is there any prospect of additional outside investment?

Are Saito and Dembele on loan with options to buy on both, or just Dembele?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:44 - Sep 25 with 1614 viewsE15Hoop

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:24 - Sep 25 by Stainrod

Most things about the club now seem on a strong upward trajectory. Lack of club engagement and communication one of the few negatives. That said SOME fans don't do themselves any favours when they have had every key decision maker there and have asked about the urinals or the price of beer, which is just embarrassing.

Why no plan b seeing as we are no closer to being able to pass out from the back?

When will Chair be back?

We were told a couple of years ago that the plan was to re-develop Loftus Rd rather than move - how's that going?

I'll give you the answer to the first two:

There is no Plan B, because Plan B is to keep practicing Plan A repeatedly until we eventually get it right (and then to keep practicing it until we get it right all the time, obviously).

Chair, as revealed a few days ago, is back in full training, so could be officially back "any day now" you would imagine.

As for the other questions, I would imagine M Nourry and ready to reveal all (possibly..)
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:14 - Sep 25 with 1421 viewsconnell10

Can he explain the off side trap or Paul Smyths long throws????

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:19 - Sep 25 with 1401 viewsTheChef

Duel role you say?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:20 - Sep 25 with 1396 viewsNW5Hoop

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:08 - Sep 25 by Northernr

That's because it's him. Self described as a "football focused CEO". He's doing both the jobs.

Does that mean he's in charge of water pressure in the Ellerslie?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:23 - Sep 25 with 1375 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:24 - Sep 25 by Stainrod

When will Chair be back?

why is it embarrassing to ask about why the price of drinks has gone up, why the service is so bad and why the facilities are crap, at what other event can fans ask these questions?

All the big questions about the stadium, style of play etc will be asked I'm sure but the smaller things which are a big part of a fans experience going to games shouldn't be dismissed either
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:27 - Sep 25 with 1353 viewsNW5Hoop

As a journalist, who deals a lot with PRs, reasons MC shouldn't do events like this (from the club's point of view)
1/ He has said uncomfortable things in postmatch interviews. Fu*k knows what he might say with people who aren't following the normal interview rules.
2/ People who are not following normal interview rules will also ask the kind of questions that might irritate him ie Why are you playing out from the back instead of booting it long like what I like? You don't want a ratty manager.
3/ You don't want hostages to fortune, like "I will get us in the play offs." Or even worse, "If they'd bought me x player, I would guarantee you the play offs."
4/ One problem this club has had for years is different camps pursuing different agendas and putting out different messages – academy v first team; Les v owners; Les v management. Just putting one person forward at least means one message.
5/ Lots of the questions that would be aimed at MC - those regarding recruitment and contracts etc - are better aimed at CN anyway.

Reasons he should
1/ Honestly, it looks shit if he doesn't.
2/ QPR is already developing a bit of a paranoid PR problem.
And those are both increasingly serious.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:29 - Sep 25 with 1335 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:27 - Sep 25 by NW5Hoop

As a journalist, who deals a lot with PRs, reasons MC shouldn't do events like this (from the club's point of view)
1/ He has said uncomfortable things in postmatch interviews. Fu*k knows what he might say with people who aren't following the normal interview rules.
2/ People who are not following normal interview rules will also ask the kind of questions that might irritate him ie Why are you playing out from the back instead of booting it long like what I like? You don't want a ratty manager.
3/ You don't want hostages to fortune, like "I will get us in the play offs." Or even worse, "If they'd bought me x player, I would guarantee you the play offs."
4/ One problem this club has had for years is different camps pursuing different agendas and putting out different messages – academy v first team; Les v owners; Les v management. Just putting one person forward at least means one message.
5/ Lots of the questions that would be aimed at MC - those regarding recruitment and contracts etc - are better aimed at CN anyway.

Reasons he should

On the reasons the first couple of reasons they shouldn't, people are now assuming/jumping to those conclusions anyway, so it doesn't solve your problem. I did say this to them in the summer - people will notice that interview didn't happen, and want to know why.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:33 - Sep 25 with 1295 viewsTheChef

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:27 - Sep 25 by NW5Hoop

Reasons he should

I don't want sausages to fortune either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024