Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread 06:38 - Aug 29 with 20777 viewsModeratorC

When a team has everything to prove a trip to the Hawthorns isn’t the best pick of venue. However, it’s the next game for Swansea City, who played and lost to a Wycombe side on Wednesday in the worst possible fashion.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62899/swansea-city-franc

West Bromwich Albion: Alex Palmer, Darnell Furlong, Kyle Bartley, Sami Ajayi, Jayson Molumby, Josh Maja, John Swift, Torbjorn Heggem, Karlan Grant, Alex Mowatt, Tom Fellows.

Substitutes: Joe Wildsmith, Callum Styles, Jed Wallace, Ousmane Diakite, Lewis Dobbin, Uros Racic, Paddy McNair, Gianluca Frabbota, Devante Cole.

Swansea City: Lawrence Vigouroux; Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon; Matt Grimes (captain), Gonçalo Franco, Ollie Cooper; Jisung Eom, Žan Vipotnik, Ronald.

Substitutes: Jon McLaughlin, Kristian Pedersen, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Florian Bianchini, Myles Peart-Harris, Kyle Naughton, Nelson Abbey, Azeem Abdulai.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62904/referee-backhouse-

This post has been edited by an administrator
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:36 - Aug 29 with 6750 viewspete

we all laughed at the cardiff burnly result , well unless we improve ALL OVER THE FEILD on saturday look out for a simular out come 1 word sums up last night performance, TERRIBLE

the manager must know whats going on but no leadership on the paddock
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:38 - Aug 29 with 6718 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:36 - Aug 29 by pete

we all laughed at the cardiff burnly result , well unless we improve ALL OVER THE FEILD on saturday look out for a simular out come 1 word sums up last night performance, TERRIBLE

the manager must know whats going on but no leadership on the paddock

Pete.
Didn’t want to see a thread like this so early.
Not good is it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:49 - Aug 29 with 6740 viewspete

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:38 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Pete.
Didn’t want to see a thread like this so early.
Not good is it

no its not, but it is still early for the new lads and we can hope they will improve, (and quickly) at the moment our playmaker SLOWS the game down when we should be playing at pace and with the lads that have come in demands that style of play, could see it at the cardiff game should have run them off their feet for the whole game
for me you CANNOT play grimes and fulton together , and unless we bring in someone today/ tomorrow this is what we could have until jan, it might mean our skipper get to spend time on the bench
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:11 - Aug 29 with 6680 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:49 - Aug 29 by pete

no its not, but it is still early for the new lads and we can hope they will improve, (and quickly) at the moment our playmaker SLOWS the game down when we should be playing at pace and with the lads that have come in demands that style of play, could see it at the cardiff game should have run them off their feet for the whole game
for me you CANNOT play grimes and fulton together , and unless we bring in someone today/ tomorrow this is what we could have until jan, it might mean our skipper get to spend time on the bench

I meant for West Brom game
Williams must be the only one to rates grimes and Fulton together

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:13 - Aug 29 with 6710 viewsBoundy

If ever a game was coming too soon its this one, what short memories we seem to have , we've been playing like this for months, now with so called more attacking flair we just can't change gear from slow to a trot, both in movement and mindset. Its becoming more like groundhog day each game. Prior to last seasons home win v cardiff it was the same and after it we slip back into our old ways .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:15 - Aug 29 with 6671 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:13 - Aug 29 by Boundy

If ever a game was coming too soon its this one, what short memories we seem to have , we've been playing like this for months, now with so called more attacking flair we just can't change gear from slow to a trot, both in movement and mindset. Its becoming more like groundhog day each game. Prior to last seasons home win v cardiff it was the same and after it we slip back into our old ways .

Momentum
Starting a game at half cock is always risky
This is down to ciach and captain

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:40 - Aug 29 with 6560 viewsunion_jack

I buy the SwansTV stream every week unless it’s on Sky. I’m giving it a miss this week. I really, genuinely have had enough.

I have few hobbies or interests (play guitar, walk that’s about it) so football played a big part in my life especially the Swans. I don’t like international football (what England supporter does😂) and I’ve little time for the money crazed PL, especially the top end of the table. So it’s going to be a big wrench. Maybe they’ll do better if I don’t watch 😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:43 - Aug 29 with 6568 viewspembsjack

Was looking forward to this one as my first away of the season and first trip to the Hawthorns, not so sure now!
Too late as its all booked, so any tips on pubs in the are etc?
Login to get fewer ads

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 6525 viewsJamesy5567

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:43 - Aug 29 by pembsjack

Was looking forward to this one as my first away of the season and first trip to the Hawthorns, not so sure now!

The Vine or The Royal Oak are the most popular ones, both about a 15 min walk from the ground
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:44 - Aug 29 with 6455 viewsKeithHaynes

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:11 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

I meant for West Brom game
Williams must be the only one to rates grimes and Fulton together

They’ve been a go to since we were relegated !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:56 - Aug 29 with 6437 viewsAzzuriswan

The non performance last night was a ploy to lull the WBA scout in to a false sense of security you watch.
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:51 - Aug 29 with 6365 viewsFlashberryjack

I can't remember the last home game I missed (cup & league) but thank god last nights game was one that I missed, watching it on TV was painful enough.

As bad as it was to see us not having a single shot on target, and then go on to lose to depleted lower league team, more worrying than that for me was the performance of Nelson and Bianchi, Nelson looked like a defender that can't defend, and Bianchi a winger that can't beat a player and has the pace of a snail on sandpaper, I know that they need time time to settle into the team, but first impressions aren't good, and I hope and pray that both improve significantly, and improve pretty quick, or we are in deep sh*te.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:58 - Aug 29 with 6327 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:44 - Aug 29 by KeithHaynes

They’ve been a go to since we were relegated !

But why ?
That is key
Why was Fulton given another contract

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:44 - Aug 29 with 6321 viewsBoundy

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:58 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

But why ?
That is key

Cheaper than replacing him ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:54 - Aug 29 with 6285 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:44 - Aug 29 by Boundy

Cheaper than replacing him ?

God knows,matey
It’s painful to watch him,isn’t it.
Is it a prerequisite now to “ love the city,fans,club and the station cat ,to get a contract
We shouldn’t be a pension top up club .

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:27 - Aug 29 with 6209 viewsKeithHaynes

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:58 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

But why ?
That is key

Because Steve Cooper insisted.

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:42 - Aug 29 with 6057 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:27 - Aug 29 by KeithHaynes

Because Steve Cooper insisted.

Nuts wasn’t it

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 19:43 - Aug 29 with 5905 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke ahead of the game.

Not happy.

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 20:13 - Aug 29 with 5792 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 19:43 - Aug 29 by KeithHaynes

Luke ahead of the game.

Not happy.

Dear God

Weather still hot Keith ?

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:21 - Aug 29 with 5790 viewspencoedjack

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:43 - Aug 29 by pembsjack

Don’t let football ruin a good day out.

Enjoy 👍
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 09:07 - Aug 30 with 5427 viewsblackpooljack

Let's see who gets dropped tomorrow, I bet he starts with the usual suspects and the only ones not picked wouldnt have played anyway
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 09:13 - Aug 30 with 5410 viewsunion_jack

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 09:07 - Aug 30 by blackpooljack

Let's see who gets dropped tomorrow, I bet he starts with the usual suspects and the only ones not picked wouldnt have played anyway

Well we can all be sure it won’t be Grimes. Yet it should be.

What odds on a Fulton - Grimes midfield?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 5353 viewsKeithHaynes

Tajon & Pedersen won’t get a look in.
If he’s true to his word then Vipotnik, Fulton, Abbey and Bianchini.

Some will say Grimes, but he seems untouchable for all previous managers.

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 09:56 - Aug 30 with 5342 viewsmax936

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 19:43 - Aug 29 by KeithHaynes

Luke ahead of the game.

Not happy.

His smirky look does my head in so I can't look at him let alone listen to him!

I'm away tomorrow thankfully, so I'll be staying away from teles and updates, hopefully the fishing up on the Wye will cheer me up

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 11:13 - Aug 30 with 5288 viewsLegend83

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 09:49 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

Tajon & Pedersen won’t get a look in.
If he’s true to his word then Vipotnik, Fulton, Abbey and Bianchini.

Some will say Grimes, but he seems untouchable for all previous managers.

T-Joe I get, he looks out of his depth. But Pedersen and Abbey, a totally brand-new CB pairing expected to get comms 100% right between them etc. Feels harsh.

Abbey fell asleep for the goal but I thought he looked ok otherwise. Not his number one job, but I like Pedersen's keen-ness to move the ball quickly - he seems to take one-touch and pass, as opposed to HD and BC who seem to like 4 or 5 touches and take their time by which point the oppo have re-grouped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024