Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 10:08 - Aug 2 with 3159 viewsMonkey_Roots

Is he really injured?

Is his absence a result of the disciplinary action from the club?

Is he off?

Ilias Chair on 10:12 - Aug 2 with 3102 viewsdaveB

If it was disciplinary they'd just say nothing, there is no benefit to them pretending he is injured

Marti was saying last week he's injured and likely to miss 1st game of the season
Ilias Chair on 10:18 - Aug 2 with 3035 viewsMonkey_Roots

Non-specific back injury though, unlikely to scupper a deal/medical... or do I have pre-season paranoia?
Ilias Chair on 10:22 - Aug 2 with 2989 viewstkqpr

I seem to remember Taylor Richards have a 'calf' injury and we never saw him again!!
Ilias Chair on 10:29 - Aug 2 with 2924 viewsLblock

I hope he is injured.... and stays injured enough not to be transferred within this window.

We need him.

We need him more than £4mill

I think without him last season we were down.
This season without the contribution Willock made tail end last season we need Chair even more.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ilias Chair on 10:39 - Aug 2 with 2844 viewstommytanker

I wonder whether he is in Belgium carrying out his community service?
Ilias Chair on 12:09 - Aug 2 with 2490 viewsEssex_Ranger

Ilias Chair on 10:39 - Aug 2 by tommytanker

I wonder whether he is in Belgium carrying out his community service?

He is in the photoshoot video that the club put out on social media yesterday. Photo Being taken of him holding a ball, presumably for Team announcement graphics, goal gifs etc. club only chose to show a handful of players in the short 30 second video but assume they made a point of including him to show he’s just injured and nothing more sinister is going on.
Ilias Chair on 12:19 - Aug 2 with 2381 viewsbakerloo8

Wonderful player and heartbeat of the team. Sure its only a niggle and he will be fine in a couple of weeks.

I'd only entertain an offer of £7m+ for him or JCS. These are our 2 diamonds right now
Ilias Chair on 12:45 - Aug 2 with 2209 viewsnick_hammersmith

Ilias Chair on 10:29 - Aug 2 by Lblock

I hope he is injured.... and stays injured enough not to be transferred within this window.

We need him.

We need him more than £4mill

I think without him last season we were down.
This season without the contribution Willock made tail end last season we need Chair even more.

Don't want to be "that guy" but CW got one goal in Feb against Rotherham

Not sure he did a huge amount to keep us up, or secure his dream move to Cardiff to be fair
Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 14:32 - Aug 2 with 1858 viewsLoyalitat

Ilias Chair on 12:45 - Aug 2 by nick_hammersmith

Don't want to be "that guy" but CW got one goal in Feb against Rotherham

Not sure he did a huge amount to keep us up, or secure his dream move to Cardiff to be fair

So wrong re: Willock. For a player deemed by some as having a "poor attitude" and being "half-ar*ed", his contribution as back-up to Chair from November '23 in our staying up, cannot be downplayed. He was nowhere near the levels prior to his injuries, but contribute he did.

We beat Hull at home because of Willock. One goal, which only a player of his ilk could score, alongside his assist. Likewise against Rotherham, a match which we were losing until he scored and his assist for Smyth to score. We could have lost both games without his interventions, which could have had us relegated.

Other assists include the first goal scored against Millwall in a tight game where our second goal came in injury time, and his assist for the second goal scored by Andersen v Leeds before half-time also contributed to victories, in games we needed to win.

Unsurprisingly, Chair only had one assist when Gazza the great was at the helm and no goals, as he was largely a bystander.

Factor in the following: gulf in quality of strikers at our club last season compared to my reference point: Leicester; with better strikers, the assists from both would have been higher, as they both put balls in telling areas; nearly a third of the season being wasted with a manager whose style of play meant Chair's input was peripheral at best and Willock only started three games. Leicester, the best in the league, in contrast had a settled playing system for the entire season that brought the best out of their attacking midfield players; the season for both Chair and Willock essentially only started when the MC took over and viewed them both as being integral to our chances of avoiding the drop.

Their contributions compare very favourably to others in the league last season. Chair's are hugely impressive. Not bad for a player whose "failings" include not looking up, doesn't deliver early/correctly, hogs the ball etc. Whilst a "non-contributing" Willock scored one goal fewer than Dykes from the time when the MC was appointed.

Chair: 7 goals and 8 assists. Dewsbury-Hall: 12 goals and 15 assists

Willock: 4 goals and 4 assists. Mavidi: 13 goals and 6 assists; Fatawu: 7 goals and 13 assists.

In Chair's absence and the now departed Willock, last week against mediocre Reading, we looked devoid of any creativity. I hope that isn't a portent for the new season and that our other creative player, Andersen, will continue to contribute with assists whilst adding more goals to his game.

Thank you Chris Willock, you weren't at your best, but you still contributed to the Rangers' cause, which was to avoid relegation.
[Post edited 3 Aug 12:28]
Ilias Chair on 14:33 - Aug 2 with 1845 viewsMyke

Poor ole Chair, damned if he's injured, damned if he is doing community service. Between a rock and ...
Ilias Chair on 14:46 - Aug 2 with 1716 viewsnick_hammersmith

Ilias Chair on 14:32 - Aug 2 by Loyalitat

So wrong re: Willock. For a player deemed by some as having a "poor attitude" and being "half-ar*ed", his contribution as back-up to Chair from November '23 in our staying up, cannot be downplayed. He was nowhere near the levels prior to his injuries, but contribute he did.

We beat Hull at home because of Willock. One goal, which only a player of his ilk could score, alongside his assist. Likewise against Rotherham, a match which we were losing until he scored and his assist for Smyth to score. We could have lost both games without his interventions, which could have had us relegated.

Other assists include the first goal scored against Millwall in a tight game where our second goal came in injury time, and his assist for the second goal scored by Andersen v Leeds before half-time also contributed to victories, in games we needed to win.

Unsurprisingly, Chair only had one assist when Gazza the great was at the helm and no goals, as he was largely a bystander.

Factor in the following: gulf in quality of strikers at our club last season compared to my reference point: Leicester; with better strikers, the assists from both would have been higher, as they both put balls in telling areas; nearly a third of the season being wasted with a manager whose style of play meant Chair's input was peripheral at best and Willock only started three games. Leicester, the best in the league, in contrast had a settled playing system for the entire season that brought the best out of their attacking midfield players; the season for both Chair and Willock essentially only started when the MC took over and viewed them both as being integral to our chances of avoiding the drop.

Their contributions compare very favourably to others in the league last season. Chair's are hugely impressive. Not bad for a player whose "failings" include not looking up, doesn't deliver early/correctly, hogs the ball etc. Whilst a "non-contributing" Willock scored one goal fewer than Dykes from the time when the MC was appointed.

Chair: 7 goals and 8 assists. Dewsbury-Hall: 12 goals and 15 assists

Willock: 4 goals and 4 assists. Mavidi: 13 goals and 6 assists; Fatawu: 7 goals and 13 assists.

In Chair's absence and the now departed Willock, last week against mediocre Reading, we looked devoid of any creativity. I hope that isn't a portent for the new season and that our other creative player, Andersen, will continue to contribute with assists whilst adding more goals to his game.

Thank you Chris Willock, you weren't at your best, but you still contributed to the Rangers' cause, which was to avoid relegation.
[Post edited 3 Aug 12:28]

Football is a great game, two people can watch the same match and come away with completely different opinions of what they saw.
In your opinion I'm wrong about Willock. I thought Chair was superb last season as well. Easily our best player and should have been in most EFL team of the season picks, especially considering the court case that was hanging over him.

I think Willock was poorly advised, I presume GA was told not to pick him, as the owners wanted to show that players who are out of contract don't get to use QPR as a shop window.
MC had to relent on this as other options like Smyth are not as good.

Is Chris Willock good enough to be one of the top earners at QPR?
Probably not, in my opinion
Ilias Chair on 14:53 - Aug 2 with 1657 viewsLoyalitat

Ilias Chair on 14:46 - Aug 2 by nick_hammersmith

Football is a great game, two people can watch the same match and come away with completely different opinions of what they saw.
In your opinion I'm wrong about Willock. I thought Chair was superb last season as well. Easily our best player and should have been in most EFL team of the season picks, especially considering the court case that was hanging over him.

I think Willock was poorly advised, I presume GA was told not to pick him, as the owners wanted to show that players who are out of contract don't get to use QPR as a shop window.
MC had to relent on this as other options like Smyth are not as good.

Is Chris Willock good enough to be one of the top earners at QPR?
Probably not, in my opinion

Totally agree. He has been poorly advised and I believe under the MC, he would have got better. Not to the levels pre his injuries but more than good enough for the championship.

Football is a great game and it's all about opinions/different views.

I hope a creative player or two arrives before the window closes, as I think we have a useful squad in place otherwise.

Keep the faith. Up the R's.
Ilias Chair on 15:06 - Aug 2 with 1576 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ilias Chair on 14:53 - Aug 2 by Loyalitat

Totally agree. He has been poorly advised and I believe under the MC, he would have got better. Not to the levels pre his injuries but more than good enough for the championship.

Football is a great game and it's all about opinions/different views.

I hope a creative player or two arrives before the window closes, as I think we have a useful squad in place otherwise.

Keep the faith. Up the R's.

Very true!

As last season ended, you hoped that MC and CN could have good pre-seasons, so that we maintain the momentum that has emerged since we changed the old guard that weren't taking QPR forward.

So crucial we start well to cement the confidence and moral that has built up, and to be able to entice better players late in the TW.

Really hope we can get in those couple of players that will push us on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024