Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 03:04 - Jul 6 with 37658 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sorry, I'm a little off the pace right now - what's the story with Chrissy?

Is he in Girona?

Moving to Newcastle for 10m or to Sunderland for a bag of sweets?

Knuckling down for a campaign when he and we cream the Champ?

Succinct updates please.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Willock on 17:06 - Jul 10 with 4189 viewsdmm

Willock on 16:31 - Jul 10 by Taffy

From a local journo

Paul Abbandonato
@PaulAbbandonato
·
33m
@CardiffCityFC
deal for Chris Willock is done. Will bring much needed pace to the front line. What a good addition that is to Erol's squad. The first of 5/6 this window

Pace? Nope.
Willock on 17:17 - Jul 10 with 4026 viewsQuillPenRiot

Willock on 15:53 - Jul 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

No reason to even read between the lines on that statement!
Really not bothered, clear he was unwilling and I suspect unable to play the way MC or the club are now headed. As I've said before, the Norwich game at home last season was telling. I've never seen a player so unsuited to what the manager wanted.

Anyway, Cardiff at home will be fun. I mean Cardiff FFS 🤣🤣😂

Yes, I think he nailed it when he talked of wanting players who are ‘committed’, that ruled out Chrissy
Willock on 17:18 - Jul 10 with 4005 viewslassel

At the risk of sounding like Mr Contrario, I actually don’t have an issue with him and his family demanding crazy money.

He was never *that* quick but pre-injuries he was extremely agile and was great at building half a yard for himself to pick the pass or get a shot away.

Since the injuries he has been running through treacle and found it almost impossible to create separation.

He’s 26 now with that injury history, he and his family know now that he’s never getting back to the PL so why not rinse every last penny out of the game that you can, especially when you’re always going to be one stretch away from 6 months out injured…

My personal read of Willock himself is that he looked visibly frustrated on the pitch that he can’t do what he used to be able to anymore and whilst nobody should cry for a rich footballer, it must be hard to know that your career will be shortened by your injuries and you need to cash in asap.
Willock on 17:24 - Jul 10 with 3914 viewsJuzzie

Willock on 17:18 - Jul 10 by lassel

At the risk of sounding like Mr Contrario, I actually don’t have an issue with him and his family demanding crazy money.

He was never *that* quick but pre-injuries he was extremely agile and was great at building half a yard for himself to pick the pass or get a shot away.

Since the injuries he has been running through treacle and found it almost impossible to create separation.

He’s 26 now with that injury history, he and his family know now that he’s never getting back to the PL so why not rinse every last penny out of the game that you can, especially when you’re always going to be one stretch away from 6 months out injured…

My personal read of Willock himself is that he looked visibly frustrated on the pitch that he can’t do what he used to be able to anymore and whilst nobody should cry for a rich footballer, it must be hard to know that your career will be shortened by your injuries and you need to cash in asap.

I have no problem either with any player/agent/dad etc demanding £xxxx but more concerned about clubs that cave in to that demand or players who then have a strop when they don't get it.
Willock on 17:25 - Jul 10 with 3906 viewsPaddyhoops

Right decision. We move on with a more consistent replacement.
Willock on 17:33 - Jul 10 with 3774 viewsHAYESBOY

I did think in the last 6 months he was getting back to what we know he is capable of. I would of liked him to stay but hopefully it was us that said that's the final offer, if you don't take it then we will announce you have left the club.

We move on.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Willock on 17:42 - Jul 10 with 3684 viewsnick_hammersmith

he's not the messiah after all, but just the new Wayne Routledge
Willock on 17:42 - Jul 10 with 3684 viewsNorthernr

Willock on 17:18 - Jul 10 by lassel

Worked really well for Matt.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 17:50 - Jul 10 with 3601 viewspaulparker

Who cares , he has barley done anything in a QPR shirt for 2 years
Enjoy playing in a soulless bowl you greedy little tvvat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Willock on 18:08 - Jul 10 with 3428 viewsBristolR

Willock on 17:50 - Jul 10 by paulparker

Who cares , he has barley done anything in a QPR shirt for 2 years
Enjoy playing in a soulless bowl you greedy little tvvat

Pretty much this for me as well

Am sure we can do a version of the “Cheer up Kevin Keegan” song just for him that alludes to his greed and his sheepish paymasters
Willock on 18:17 - Jul 10 with 3339 viewsJevlar

You know one of those occasions in life when you’re not sure how you’ll feel about something happening and then when it does happen, it turns out you’re more relieved than anything.

And relieved is exactly how i’m feeling about Willock leaving which would’ve been unthinkable during the illy/willy days of yore.
Willock on 18:27 - Jul 10 with 3232 viewsStainrod

Am encouraged by the responses to the news on here. Partly of course its because Willock is a shadow of his former self and by some accounts a bit of a wrong 'un, so most were ambivalent at most about him. But a couple of seasons ago there might still have been an outcry that he had gone with no sign yet of a striker or another attacking player. The calm, mature reaction suggests to me that fans now are a) far more appreciative of the constraints we must work to, and b) more trusting in the new management team to bring in any necessary reinforcements and keep us at least competitive.
Willock on 18:29 - Jul 10 with 3224 viewsSK_hoops

Won't be getting a round of applause from me.

The penultimate player with questionable attitude out through the door, just need Richards to go next (wishful thinking).
Willock on 18:31 - Jul 10 with 3204 viewsnumptydumpty

Sideways move.

More than likely be finishing a few places below us in the league this season.

Was very decent for an all too brief interlude and then was a bit meh.

He seemed initially to pick up under Marti but refusing any contracts offered IMHO was poor and he can screw the Cardiff owners for little effect.

I expect him to continue to look disinterested and more than probable in six months time Cardiff City fans will be be moaning this transfer.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Willock on 18:49 - Jul 10 with 3046 viewsjoe90

“Most importantly, we need individuals who are as convinced and excited about the project that the club is now building as we are, whilst respecting budgetary constraints.”

That kind of talk might work better on a player who’s not on the 5th iteration of that line.

It’s better for everyone that he’s left, but no hard feelings at all for him wanting to leave for more money.
[Post edited 10 Jul 19:46]
Willock on 19:06 - Jul 10 with 2928 viewsBluce_Ree

Pure not arsed.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Willock on 19:23 - Jul 10 with 2760 viewsSonofpugwash

Shame but what a primadonna.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Willock on 20:59 - Jul 10 with 2377 viewsHoopsie

Time to move on.

There is no doubt our offer wasn’t attractive to him, but more of a manifestation of what is now of a player that is injury prone and not really interested.

That he got AN offer and jumped at it tells us a lot

Not other interested party saw the value that he and his agent/dad saw in him tells the whole story on the other side of QPR

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Willock on 21:02 - Jul 10 with 2334 viewsGus_iom

I offer him no good wishes, most of his playing in the last 18 months has been of us.
Willock on 21:16 - Jul 10 with 2258 viewslave16

Willock on 21:02 - Jul 10 by Gus_iom

I offer him no good wishes, most of his playing in the last 18 months has been of us.

I wish him the best - mostly played - would've liked to have got a fee last year but players move on - maybe smyth or koli will get a run now and be on lower wages

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Willock on 21:29 - Jul 10 with 2221 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Goodbye Chris......that's it
Willock on 21:30 - Jul 10 with 2219 viewsBoston

Goodbye, Good Luck, Good Riddance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Willock on 22:41 - Jul 10 with 1974 viewsMungoJezza

I am gutted that he's leaving. I loved watching him play, and do feel that we mismanaged hin at times. I can only presume that Cardiff offered him a little bit more money.
It all seems a bit like the Langers situation. Good luck Chris! I hope you don't waste your undoubted talent.
Willock (n/t) on 22:47 - Jul 10 with 1943 viewsStanisgod

Willock on 17:06 - Jul 10 by dmm

Pace? Nope.

[Post edited 10 Jul 22:54]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Willock on 22:57 - Jul 10 with 1897 viewsStanisgod

Willock on 16:31 - Jul 10 by Taffy

From a local journo

Paul Abbandonato
@PaulAbbandonato
·
33m
@CardiffCityFC
deal for Chris Willock is done. Will bring much needed pace to the front line. What a good addition that is to Erol's squad. The first of 5/6 this window

Don't they bring in 5 or 6 every season.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024