Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colbacks antics 20:20 - Feb 3 with 5794 viewsmart_Goblin

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but what did people think of Colbacks nonsense with the Blackburn fans? Always worry that football karma will get you if you start giving the “crying” signs with your hands to the opposing fans. Last person to do that was Austin at Derby and our season derailed from there.
Also Clive and others have been banging on all season that Colback has been trying to get bookings and suspensions. Hard not to argue that when he deliberately lobs the ball into the crowd to waste time . So lucky for him Paal was down injured as the ref would have almost certainly booked him and of course he gets another ban .
Ridiculous and stupid from a player who is actually starting to click into gear and look like a good asset at last.
Colbacks antics on 22:05 - Feb 3 with 1523 viewsstowmarketrange

Colbacks antics on 21:48 - Feb 3 by PhilmyRs

The picking out Colback for a pile on wasn’t so much aimed at you - but felt OP and others have been quick to highlight the slightest misdemeanour with him yet others get a relatively free ride. I like Field too, although he does pass too safely for my liking but he’s not available for us for 2 games because of a ridiculous card count. You rarely hear him criticised for it, yet Colback is regularly mocked for his guaranteed yellow. Different standards.

Colback has picked up his tally of yellow cards from fewer games than Field has,and he seems to make more stupid and reckless tackles than Field too.
It seems to me that refs have Colback and Fields names already written on the cards and it’s just the time that needs filling in.Considering he is 1 card away from a 2 match ban he should learn to control himself a bit more.At least until the cutoff date for yellow cards.

If we are to get out of this mess this season we can’t afford to have players red carded in games and need to keep 11 players on the pitch.
Colbacks antics on 22:14 - Feb 3 with 1497 viewsPhilmyRs

Colbacks antics on 21:57 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

Field has played almost twice as many games this season, so, tbf, Colback’s card to game ratio is ridiculous.

And for balance, I was a fan of the Colback signing, in spite of the age. He’s a player I have always rated at this level. And I thought it was worth the stitching us up next year to have him this year. Having watched him this season, I still think Field is a better all round player and would always start over him for me. Field is more mobile, taller, better at reading the game and getting out to make blocks and tackles. Colback is good to have for game management and does get forward betters but I think he is in the team to play 8 and Field 6. It’s the 8 that is letting us down (Dozzell, Colback or EBD). Under Marti we’ve been rock solid in open play. A lot of that comes down to your 6.

To an extent I agree, but when you’re pressed as aggressively and well drilled as Huddersfield did last week, you need your 6 to be a bit more clued up. I don’t remember Field playing one forward pass so receiving the ball, going backwards and not breaking the press you’re just getting more and more under pressure. Yes,, JCS had a poor game as did the full backs which is a factor but a bit more passing intelligence from the 6 would go a long way. I’m not convinced yet that Field is better at that then Colback.
Colbacks antics on 22:32 - Feb 3 with 1449 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Colbacks antics on 22:44 - Feb 3 with 1394 viewsBklynRanger

If that's his way of getting switched on fair enough I think.

Thought he was better 2nd half anyway. I did wonder if that would distract him immediately after, but he made an interception and kept running. He's got an engine on him if we can keep him fit.
Colbacks antics on 22:51 - Feb 3 with 1355 viewsdaveB

I thought he went far too early with all that and came across as a complete prat
Colbacks antics on 23:46 - Feb 3 with 1236 viewsLoftgirl

Colbacks antics on 21:56 - Feb 3 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/03/colback-s-blackburn-verdict/

Colback talking after the game.

What equaliser?
Colbacks antics on 23:59 - Feb 3 with 1195 viewsQuillPenRiot

I like him, he’s becoming one of my favorite players. Yes he’s yellow card prone, but he gets it and adapts. Compared to Field who can’t adapt to the new system. Hayden today looked solid and more of the DM that Field is, so I think Colback has a better chance of playing than Field with the new signings. That said, I’m not a Field fan, have been critical of him from my lurking cave since MC took over. Also, Colback always gives it his all too, passion, engaged with the fans, love him.
Colbacks antics on 00:40 - Feb 4 with 1142 viewskingshill

Blokes a khunt.
Start playing the way you were expected to, then give it large
Until you've played 20 decent games for us not 2, wind your neck in
Login to get fewer ads

Colbacks antics on 01:16 - Feb 4 with 1087 viewsPunteR

Nah.
Stay on the pitch please. String some decent games together.
That's showing a bit of character.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Colbacks antics on 01:23 - Feb 4 with 1080 viewsMidlands_Ranger

It was in his interview when he mentioned they got the equaliser.....I mean we were 2-0 up right? And it ended 2-1 sooooo I dunno.....but he did his job today and has seemed invested recently so I leave it there....i think hes ok, got some good things to offer the team, maybe hes just a bit crazy...i kinda like that
Colbacks antics on 10:39 - Feb 4 with 878 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought he played very well today. When he's on form and available he adds quality and experience to our play.
He has managed to cut down on the rash tackles recently and hopefully this isn't temporary. However, he has stupid moments and kicking the ball into the crowd, tossing something back into the Millwall mob and taking the piss out of opposition fans are risks he shouldn't be taking. Marti is always saying stay humble. Jack still hasn't got that part.
Colbacks antics on 10:51 - Feb 4 with 830 viewsSydneyRs

Colbacks antics on 10:39 - Feb 4 by francisbowles

I thought he played very well today. When he's on form and available he adds quality and experience to our play.
He has managed to cut down on the rash tackles recently and hopefully this isn't temporary. However, he has stupid moments and kicking the ball into the crowd, tossing something back into the Millwall mob and taking the piss out of opposition fans are risks he shouldn't be taking. Marti is always saying stay humble. Jack still hasn't got that part.

Yeah that stuff is stupid and unnecessary. Could easily get carded for it. As a player he's potentially very useful but needs to cut out the nonsense.
Colbacks antics on 10:52 - Feb 4 with 829 viewsOldPedro

First time I've seen that clip and at least he has a smile on his face - from the away end we couldn't really se what he was doing at that point.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Colbacks antics (n/t) on 11:12 - Feb 4 with 794 viewsrichpr

Colbacks antics on 21:34 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

I’m not worked up at all. You misunderstand.

I like my players have some aggro. I’m merely saying that what Cook did (excellent) is different to what Colback did (a bit childish). Not piling in on Colback at all. Just pointing out they are different.

On the football front, I still do genuinely think Field is a significantly better all round footballer than Colback (off the ball in particular), but then I am a Field fanboy, so I am biased.

Colbacks antics on 11:17 - Feb 4 with 782 viewsGus_iom

He was one of my contenders for motm yesterday, but his antics were stupid - I'd be furious if he got carded and banned for something that doesn't affect the actual game.
Colbacks antics on 11:28 - Feb 4 with 741 viewssouthbound_tram

I don't know the specific rules here, but he did seem to invite one of the opposition fans onto the pitch for a "discussion". I can't imagine that goes down well with the officials, so that definitely looks like as transgression and I can see why some folks disapprove.

I bloody loved it though :)
[Post edited 4 Feb 11:38]
Colbacks antics on 11:35 - Feb 4 with 729 viewsrichpr

Colbacks antics on 21:34 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

I’m not worked up at all. You misunderstand.

I like my players have some aggro. I’m merely saying that what Cook did (excellent) is different to what Colback did (a bit childish). Not piling in on Colback at all. Just pointing out they are different.

On the football front, I still do genuinely think Field is a significantly better all round footballer than Colback (off the ball in particular), but then I am a Field fanboy, so I am biased.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't have held on to the lead with 10 minutes to go. Field would have constantly passed it backwards putting pressure on Cook, JCS and Bekovic. Colback a far superior footballer who, when playing as a defensive midfielder, can find a pass other than backwards. I don't mind his antics - we need to show spirit.

I like Field as a 100% player but genuinely believe he needs a psychologist to get over the negativity. Maybe, as someone has suggested, he could be better as a centre half. It was genuinely a pleasure to see Hayden coming on - immediately broke up play and made a fast pass forward.
Colbacks antics on 11:40 - Feb 4 with 709 viewsDeanoMD

Whenever he's played against us i've always thought he's an irritating ginger bustard who is annoyingly good at football.

Exactly what we need......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024