Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth gone 20:02 - Oct 28 with 30534 viewsMatch82

Official on club site
Ainsworth gone on 20:12 - Oct 29 with 2144 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth gone on 18:33 - Oct 29 by E15Hoop

I find it somewhat insulting that you accuse me of "partying" for most of the last decade and effectively accuse me (and presumably pretty much every other fan besides yourself) of being an idiot for not having seen the writing on the wall for the whole time that the Board have been here.

Were you saying the same thing honestly when we were riding high under Warburton, before it all went south, and when Mick Beale was first appointed before it became apparent who he really was? I seriously doubt it.

I doubt anyone would disagree with you over the p*ssing up the wall of our two chancesat Premier League promotion. However, I, and I suspect the majority of the fans, always saw that as a Beard/Fernandes issue rather than a Bhatia issue.

Amit, I always believed, was the calm, sensible one - hence pushing him forwards to front up once it became obvious that Fernandes' stock with the fans had fallen.

I'm sorry that we're clearly not all blessed with your amazing powers of insight and skills of prophesying the future. Have you thought about applying to be on the Board yourself, by any chance?

What …like your amazing powers of insight and skills of prophesying the future when it came to backing Ainsworth , jumping on everyone's posts that dared criticising him?
How did that go for you btw?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 20:17]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth gone on 21:45 - Oct 29 with 1942 views1JD

It would appear E15 chose to back GA, perhaps through blind faith, as did a couple of others who know who they are, rather than take onboard those who had seen Wycombe play - a lot - and witnessed a GA team, GA decisions, GA subs, and GA interviews first hand.

Wrote on here at the time he would be an absolute disaster based on watching many games for Wycombe in the flesh and listening to his absolute garbage in post match interviews. Was swotted down as were several others.

The writing was on the wall from the earliest of days. Recall this:

“We’ve been underdogs since I’ve walked in, in my opinion. Even your Wigan game last week. I know they’re bottom of the league, but they’ve got some good names, they’ve got some good players in that side”

Alarm bells should have been ringing loudly. Very loudly. He nearly relegated us last season. He did not pull off a great escape, he was a massive part of the problem. Should have been let go in the summer. It is little wonder a squad of largely technical, academy and premier-league schooled players, could not respond to a manager, who a. Plays Hoofball and, b. Has a rather obvious inferiority complex.

Players do not want to hear “they are better than us, but we will out-work them”. Demoralising, despondent, and absolutely, not the way to get the best out of this group of players. And how it has shown.

And lest we forget this is the man who bangs on about culture. Culture this culture that. Culture guardians. In truth, he doesn’t have a clue about creating the right culture. At this level at least. He got so much wrong it’s hard to know where to start. A classic case of a leader ruling with an iron fist, and expecting everyone to just follow orders because of his perceived status. Life doesn’t work like that. Unless you are a Putin type character. Respect is earned, not given.

There is a high likelihood he lost the dressing room very early on - and again, this was also swotted down on here. Nice bloke. But he has totally embarrassed us and dragged us down to his level. Provably going down as the worst manager in QPRs history. Fortunately, there is still time, and our season starts now.
Ainsworth gone on 22:06 - Oct 29 with 1868 viewsNed_Kennedys

A managerial sacking always brings out the ‘I told you so’ brigade on LFW doesn’t it?
Ainsworth gone on 23:01 - Oct 29 with 1718 views1JD

Ainsworth gone on 22:06 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

A managerial sacking always brings out the ‘I told you so’ brigade on LFW doesn’t it?

Poor attempt at deflection. GA was the master of that as well. Vindication is natural in the face of criticism. So you cannot have your cake and eat it. Or perhaps you would like those sour grapes instead!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 23:02]
Ainsworth gone on 23:05 - Oct 29 with 1691 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth gone on 23:01 - Oct 29 by 1JD

Poor attempt at deflection. GA was the master of that as well. Vindication is natural in the face of criticism. So you cannot have your cake and eat it. Or perhaps you would like those sour grapes instead!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 23:02]

How long after he was appointed was it before you were starting threads for Ainsworth to be sacked? 5 weeks?

I look forward to you starting your campaign against the next manager in early December.
Ainsworth gone on 23:16 - Oct 29 with 1664 views1JD

Ainsworth gone on 23:05 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

How long after he was appointed was it before you were starting threads for Ainsworth to be sacked? 5 weeks?

I look forward to you starting your campaign against the next manager in early December.

You are correct, it was 6 games in I think, since it was clear to me and several others it was a bit of a Paul Hart moment. That he lasted this long i find incredible. But for the record, no, I’m not one for sacking managers, and have never called for it in the past. This was purely a one off case given I could not believe how much of a mismatch we had going on, and where it would likely end up. It’s on Amit for making such a bad call in the first place.
Ainsworth gone on 23:37 - Oct 29 with 1604 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth gone on 23:05 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

He was right.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth gone on 16:24 - Oct 30 with 1304 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth gone on 20:12 - Oct 29 by PunteR

What …like your amazing powers of insight and skills of prophesying the future when it came to backing Ainsworth , jumping on everyone's posts that dared criticising him?
How did that go for you btw?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 20:17]

No issues fronting up on that one.
We saw glimpses of what could have been/should have been against Cardiff and the first half hour against Sunderland.
As to why that level of performance couldn't be sustained/Ainsworth decided to start messing around with a formation and philosophy that was starting to work. those are questions that only he can answer (or not, as the case may be, judging from his final post-match interview).
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth gone on 16:41 - Oct 30 with 1216 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth gone on 21:45 - Oct 29 by 1JD

It would appear E15 chose to back GA, perhaps through blind faith, as did a couple of others who know who they are, rather than take onboard those who had seen Wycombe play - a lot - and witnessed a GA team, GA decisions, GA subs, and GA interviews first hand.

Wrote on here at the time he would be an absolute disaster based on watching many games for Wycombe in the flesh and listening to his absolute garbage in post match interviews. Was swotted down as were several others.

The writing was on the wall from the earliest of days. Recall this:

“We’ve been underdogs since I’ve walked in, in my opinion. Even your Wigan game last week. I know they’re bottom of the league, but they’ve got some good names, they’ve got some good players in that side”

Alarm bells should have been ringing loudly. Very loudly. He nearly relegated us last season. He did not pull off a great escape, he was a massive part of the problem. Should have been let go in the summer. It is little wonder a squad of largely technical, academy and premier-league schooled players, could not respond to a manager, who a. Plays Hoofball and, b. Has a rather obvious inferiority complex.

Players do not want to hear “they are better than us, but we will out-work them”. Demoralising, despondent, and absolutely, not the way to get the best out of this group of players. And how it has shown.

And lest we forget this is the man who bangs on about culture. Culture this culture that. Culture guardians. In truth, he doesn’t have a clue about creating the right culture. At this level at least. He got so much wrong it’s hard to know where to start. A classic case of a leader ruling with an iron fist, and expecting everyone to just follow orders because of his perceived status. Life doesn’t work like that. Unless you are a Putin type character. Respect is earned, not given.

There is a high likelihood he lost the dressing room very early on - and again, this was also swotted down on here. Nice bloke. But he has totally embarrassed us and dragged us down to his level. Provably going down as the worst manager in QPRs history. Fortunately, there is still time, and our season starts now.

Nothing really to contest here from my side, apart from a slight disagreement on "blind faith". but I absolutely concur with the general gist of 1JD's point.
I also found the underdog thing ultimately counter-productive, as I think it gets into the heads of the players and gives them an easy get-out clause as to why they can't make that extra lung-bursting run, put that high block in or believe they can make that one tackle that might lead to a goal-scoring opportunity.
I think for me personally the biggest disappointment is also the whole culture issue, and I am completely bewildered as to why Dobbo didn't pick up on this, with his study of emotional intelligence and its impact on individual players, even if GA was too blind to see it for himself.
There was an interesting post on one of the other threads about the visible differences between the Wycombe team doing the haka and our sorry lot. Why this management team weren't able to pivot their approach to fit this squad after all the noise about culture, the fantastic new facilities meaning that no player would ever want to go home, Dobson's assertion that players were saying to him how much they enjoyed being around the club now as opposed to a few months previously, is a question that better qualified posters than me might be able to answer.
Ainsworth gone on 18:02 - Oct 30 with 1082 views1JD

Ainsworth gone on 16:41 - Oct 30 by E15Hoop

Nothing really to contest here from my side, apart from a slight disagreement on "blind faith". but I absolutely concur with the general gist of 1JD's point.
I also found the underdog thing ultimately counter-productive, as I think it gets into the heads of the players and gives them an easy get-out clause as to why they can't make that extra lung-bursting run, put that high block in or believe they can make that one tackle that might lead to a goal-scoring opportunity.
I think for me personally the biggest disappointment is also the whole culture issue, and I am completely bewildered as to why Dobbo didn't pick up on this, with his study of emotional intelligence and its impact on individual players, even if GA was too blind to see it for himself.
There was an interesting post on one of the other threads about the visible differences between the Wycombe team doing the haka and our sorry lot. Why this management team weren't able to pivot their approach to fit this squad after all the noise about culture, the fantastic new facilities meaning that no player would ever want to go home, Dobson's assertion that players were saying to him how much they enjoyed being around the club now as opposed to a few months previously, is a question that better qualified posters than me might be able to answer.

Your question - why the management team weren’t able to pivot their approach to fit this squad given all the noise about culture?

For me it’s quite simple. At Wycombe you had a team of low quality, hard working players - and the only way that group could compete is by out-working sides. Which is just as well, because that was GAs modus operandi, and that’s all he’s got. Or in other words he build the team in his image, an image of inferiority - basic, functional, low quality, hard working players. The players bought into it, because they knew themselves they were in fact, true underdogs. Recall that most of wycombes squad was assembled from non-league finds, league 2, and a dads army at the end of their careers. (Yes, that’s the first thing he did at QPR, and got that horribly wrong also).

Now compare and contrast that to a higher level, a championship squad - in this case QPR - with many or all of its players who have been schooled in cat 1 and cat 2 academy’s, been on the books of prem clubs, or played championship level for the most part. Telling these lads they are underdogs, and the championship is a scary division with massive sides in it, when they’ve played at a high level their whole career, and when QPR as a club have spent 95% of their life as a top two divisional history in 50 years, is quite simply unacceptable, and incredibly dumb at the same time. It was always going to go down like a lead ballon.

In summary, the same cultural approach GA used at Wycombe, (we aren’t very good, but we’ll out battle you instead) which was a great success, had simultaneously the complete opposite affect at QPR for reasons listed above. It was the wrong way to manage QPR, and the wrong way to manage the players. And GA undoubtedly built a terrible culture at QPR because of it.

The lesson for GA is one size does not fit all. He needs to be far more open minded and flexible rather than being stuck in his ways and entrenched beliefs. Remember he said he changes for no one. But different clubs/situations/players require different approaches. But for GA that was impossible, as not only did he not have any other coaching experience other than a Sunday league style long ball, GA sees himself as an inferior figure - it’s an undertone that comes across in every communication and every word he speaks - and as he said, he builds teams in his image.
Ainsworth gone on 18:53 - Oct 30 with 938 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth gone on 18:02 - Oct 30 by 1JD

Your question - why the management team weren’t able to pivot their approach to fit this squad given all the noise about culture?

For me it’s quite simple. At Wycombe you had a team of low quality, hard working players - and the only way that group could compete is by out-working sides. Which is just as well, because that was GAs modus operandi, and that’s all he’s got. Or in other words he build the team in his image, an image of inferiority - basic, functional, low quality, hard working players. The players bought into it, because they knew themselves they were in fact, true underdogs. Recall that most of wycombes squad was assembled from non-league finds, league 2, and a dads army at the end of their careers. (Yes, that’s the first thing he did at QPR, and got that horribly wrong also).

Now compare and contrast that to a higher level, a championship squad - in this case QPR - with many or all of its players who have been schooled in cat 1 and cat 2 academy’s, been on the books of prem clubs, or played championship level for the most part. Telling these lads they are underdogs, and the championship is a scary division with massive sides in it, when they’ve played at a high level their whole career, and when QPR as a club have spent 95% of their life as a top two divisional history in 50 years, is quite simply unacceptable, and incredibly dumb at the same time. It was always going to go down like a lead ballon.

In summary, the same cultural approach GA used at Wycombe, (we aren’t very good, but we’ll out battle you instead) which was a great success, had simultaneously the complete opposite affect at QPR for reasons listed above. It was the wrong way to manage QPR, and the wrong way to manage the players. And GA undoubtedly built a terrible culture at QPR because of it.

The lesson for GA is one size does not fit all. He needs to be far more open minded and flexible rather than being stuck in his ways and entrenched beliefs. Remember he said he changes for no one. But different clubs/situations/players require different approaches. But for GA that was impossible, as not only did he not have any other coaching experience other than a Sunday league style long ball, GA sees himself as an inferior figure - it’s an undertone that comes across in every communication and every word he speaks - and as he said, he builds teams in his image.

Thanks, JD.
I think there are some really good points in there.
The one thing that still confuses me is why Richard Dobson, who has had great testimonials from several high profile players for his work with them around emotional intelligence, and who sees himself as a football purist couldn't have sat down with GA and told him that he needed to pivot. Surely he could have seen and understood the damage that was being done?
Ainsworth gone on 18:58 - Oct 30 with 902 viewsichbinnaughty

Ainsworth gone on 22:06 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

I told you it would
Ainsworth gone on 19:19 - Oct 30 with 843 views1JD

Ainsworth gone on 18:53 - Oct 30 by E15Hoop

Thanks, JD.
I think there are some really good points in there.
The one thing that still confuses me is why Richard Dobson, who has had great testimonials from several high profile players for his work with them around emotional intelligence, and who sees himself as a football purist couldn't have sat down with GA and told him that he needed to pivot. Surely he could have seen and understood the damage that was being done?

It’s a great question E15, and one I’ve also asked myself. But if you read between the lines, on Dobbos interviews where he said “he is a football purist at heart”, and then you see what Ainsworth dished up… there is a discrepancy and a mismatch. Ultimately, I think it boils down to the fact that Ainsworth is the decision maker, and is stubborn in his beliefs, so I think it’s a case of GAs approach and philosophies wins out. I think Dobbo would be best served as going his separate way and finding a club that suits his own football beliefs, rather than playing second fiddle to GA, where his talents are potentially marginalised. Either that or it’s a case of Dobbo just being able to talk a good game and not a lot else. But I think it’s more the former.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024