Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton’s transfer policy 19:18 - Aug 17 with 4555 viewsNoDiddley

2 old goalies
Chong from Brum
Pay day Barkley
A bloke from Barnsley
Another bloke from Rotherham
Marvellous from Villa
Jacob Brown 25 from 125 from Stoke
Underwhelming? Or sensible?
Luton’s transfer policy on 19:20 - Aug 17 with 4544 viewsNorthernr

Basically looks like they're building a great Championship team for next year, yo yoing backwards and forwards while banking the money a really sound business plan for clubs like that (it's what we should have been looking at).

They wanted Begovic as well so they were clearly going for experience in that position.
Luton’s transfer policy on 20:24 - Aug 17 with 4300 viewsPlanetHonneywood

They're being sensible and smart, and bloody good luck to them!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luton’s transfer policy on 21:29 - Aug 17 with 4153 viewsconnell10

Luton’s transfer policy on 19:20 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Basically looks like they're building a great Championship team for next year, yo yoing backwards and forwards while banking the money a really sound business plan for clubs like that (it's what we should have been looking at).

They wanted Begovic as well so they were clearly going for experience in that position.

Trouble is it catches up with teams in the end , eg West Brom , Stoke and Norwich all gonna be in the shite soon I would imagine if they don't get promoted.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Luton’s transfer policy on 21:31 - Aug 17 with 4145 viewsE17hoop

Luton’s transfer policy on 21:29 - Aug 17 by connell10

Trouble is it catches up with teams in the end , eg West Brom , Stoke and Norwich all gonna be in the shite soon I would imagine if they don't get promoted.

Luton will have a new stadium at the end of though.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Luton’s transfer policy on 21:35 - Aug 17 with 4133 viewsconnell10

Luton’s transfer policy on 21:31 - Aug 17 by E17hoop

Luton will have a new stadium at the end of though.

They are lucky land is very cheap in Luton

Luton’s transfer policy on 22:20 - Aug 17 with 4000 viewsWirralHoop

At least they have a policy
Luton’s transfer policy on 22:39 - Aug 17 with 3943 viewscaliforniahoop

Luton’s transfer policy on 20:24 - Aug 17 by PlanetHonneywood

They're being sensible and smart, and bloody good luck to them!

Yep
Luton’s transfer policy on 23:25 - Aug 17 with 3839 viewsaston_hoop

Probably one of the best clubs in the country when it comes to recruitment. If Luton make a signing, I just automatically assume its a smart move these days.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Luton’s transfer policy on 06:22 - Aug 18 with 3661 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Luton’s transfer policy on 23:25 - Aug 17 by aston_hoop

Probably one of the best clubs in the country when it comes to recruitment. If Luton make a signing, I just automatically assume its a smart move these days.

Good point, well argued.

One wonders if you typed the names of some of our recruits over the last few seasons, what responses their algorithm would have produced.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luton’s transfer policy on 07:28 - Aug 18 with 3584 viewsNorthernr

Luton’s transfer policy on 21:29 - Aug 17 by connell10

All three of those clubs have got in the sht through breaking with what was working before in favour of having a big gambly spend.
Luton’s transfer policy on 08:02 - Aug 18 with 3509 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2023/may/imagine-the-power/

Another club plans for the future....

Looks a bit boring but practical.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Luton’s transfer policy on 08:28 - Aug 18 with 3431 viewsBlue_Castello

Luton’s transfer policy on 07:28 - Aug 18 by Northernr

All three of those clubs have got in the sht through breaking with what was working before in favour of having a big gambly spend.

Talking of big gambly spends where do you see Cardiff at the moment, they are in a transfer embargo until January so can only sign frees and loans, the articles that I found recently from Walesonline about their detailed finances do not make for pretty reading, significant losses and debt to the Chairman.

They have started this season by spending significant money on getting Ramsey and Bowler on board and I think they signed another four, that's a big chunk of wages and possible loan fees, do you think they have pressed the gamble button this season knowing that they are most likely to break FFP, I couldn't find any definitive figures with regard to their profit and loss scenario.

Sorry I don't have an obsession with other clubs finances but I do find it amazing that clubs can be spending when they are consistently losing money, obviously the Ramsey signing has increased the attendances which will help offset some of the money but if they don't produce the results then there's only one direction for the attendances.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 10:25]
Luton’s transfer policy on 10:00 - Aug 18 with 3255 viewsconnell10

Luton’s transfer policy on 07:28 - Aug 18 by Northernr

Yes and there in lies the problem, the people in charge get star in their eyes!

Luton’s transfer policy on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 3234 viewsNorthernr

Luton’s transfer policy on 08:28 - Aug 18 by Blue_Castello

Talking of big gambly spends where do you see Cardiff at the moment, they are in a transfer embargo until January so can only sign frees and loans, the articles that I found recently from Walesonline about their detailed finances do not make for pretty reading, significant losses and debt to the Chairman.

They have started this season by spending significant money on getting Ramsey and Bowler on board and I think they signed another four, that's a big chunk of wages and possible loan fees, do you think they have pressed the gamble button this season knowing that they are most likely to break FFP, I couldn't find any definitive figures with regard to their profit and loss scenario.

Sorry I don't have an obsession with other clubs finances but I do find it amazing that clubs can be spending when they are consistently losing money, obviously the Ramsey signing has increased the attendances which will help offset some of the money but if they don't produce the results then there's only one direction for the attendances.

They're one of the ones I don't really understand how they comply.
Luton’s transfer policy on 11:29 - Aug 18 with 3034 viewsenfieldargh

Luton’s transfer policy on 08:28 - Aug 18 by Blue_Castello

To me it lookas like signings that wil hopefully mean they stay up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Luton’s transfer policy on 11:34 - Aug 18 with 2995 viewsBlue_Castello

Luton’s transfer policy on 11:29 - Aug 18 by enfieldargh

To me it lookas like signings that wil hopefully mean they stay up

OK they stay up by spending money whilst under an embargo but at the same time break FFP, which appears highly likely, everything I've read says their Finances are a mess.

If we were all allowed to do that then we wouldn't have to break our butt's on the transfer front and put our best players up for sale, but you can't it's supposed to be against the rules.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:44]
Luton’s transfer policy on 13:41 - Aug 18 with 2860 viewsJuzzie

I don’t think Luton need to yo-yo on a regular basis. Maybe just a couple of times and the stadium is paid for. Don’t fall into the trap of needing to go up each time to survive, having no stadium debts would be massive
Luton’s transfer policy on 20:32 - Sep 1 with 2355 viewsNoDiddley

Luton’s transfer policy on 19:20 - Aug 17 by Northernr

So as a supporter, you rock up watching your team knowing we’re not really going to win, but we might get lucky, but then hey ho we’ve a new stadium & we’ll be alright in the championship next year? Not for me, so now football is a business plan?
Luton’s transfer policy on 21:46 - Sep 1 with 2074 viewsJuzzie

Luton’s transfer policy on 20:32 - Sep 1 by NoDiddley

So as a supporter, you rock up watching your team knowing we’re not really going to win, but we might get lucky, but then hey ho we’ve a new stadium & we’ll be alright in the championship next year? Not for me, so now football is a business plan?

It’s been a business plan since 1992
Luton’s transfer policy on 22:06 - Sep 1 with 1934 viewsterryb

Luton’s transfer policy on 21:46 - Sep 1 by Juzzie

It’s been a business plan since 1992

It's been a business plan since the game was formed!
Luton’s transfer policy on 09:58 - Sep 3 with 1438 viewsJuzzie

Luton’s transfer policy on 22:06 - Sep 1 by terryb

It's been a business plan since the game was formed!

Yup, in 1992

Didn’t exist before then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024