Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle Airport 18:45 - Apr 21 with 13875 viewsTogg

Sat here now waiting for the 7.45pm flight to Malaga. It's like ' Little Wales'. Accents, bucket hats, stag, hen parties. I would say 80% Welsh.
Flights to Faro, Corfu, Alicante, Malaga. It's packed.
The money for the subsidised airport in Rhoose is losing out on must be incredible.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 18:46]
Brizzle Airport on 09:08 - May 31 with 1606 viewsonehunglow

Brizzle Airport on 08:41 - May 31 by felixstowe_jack

What made up word?

I know your grasp of the English Language is pretty poor but English is still the National Language of the majority of people in Wales and of course your beloved Republic. It is also still an official Language of the EU as well.

…not the language …

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brizzle Airport on 10:03 - May 31 with 1567 viewscontroversial_jack

Brizzle Airport on 09:08 - May 31 by onehunglow

…not the language …

Is he off on his grammar policing again? He does that when he has no answers to the debate
Brizzle Airport on 12:27 - Jun 1 with 1446 viewsEagleEye

Speaking of Brizzle airport, someone I know arrived there last night to find that they were unable to make their onward journey to south Wales due to the train strike.

No matter, we’ll get a bus they thought. Oh no you won’t. BOTH Severn bridges closed for maintenance.

Hire car it is then with an 80 mile detour around Gloucester. It actually turns out that it would be cheaper to book an overnight hotel than get a hire car from the airport
Brizzle Airport on 13:40 - Jun 1 with 1415 viewsBoundy

I managed to book seats to Malaga this month flying from Rhoose, both outward and return at great times , obviously I would prefer to fly from there every time but we fell lucky this time both with the price and timings , something I suspect is never always the case for most of us

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brizzle Airport on 13:48 - Jun 1 with 1410 viewsmajorraglan

Brizzle Airport on 12:27 - Jun 1 by EagleEye

Speaking of Brizzle airport, someone I know arrived there last night to find that they were unable to make their onward journey to south Wales due to the train strike.

No matter, we’ll get a bus they thought. Oh no you won’t. BOTH Severn bridges closed for maintenance.

Hire car it is then with an 80 mile detour around Gloucester. It actually turns out that it would be cheaper to book an overnight hotel than get a hire car from the airport

Only 1 bridge is closed, but the interconnecting sections of the motorway are closed at various points. THE detour through Gloucester only applies to vehicles over 15 foot high, cars are being diverted around Chepstow and the old Severn bridge.
Brizzle Airport on 13:59 - Jun 1 with 1404 viewscontroversial_jack

The last few times i have been from Bristol there have been major road delays. It may indeed be the better option to book an overnight stay.
Brizzle Airport on 14:20 - Jun 1 with 1389 viewsEagleEye

Brizzle Airport on 13:48 - Jun 1 by majorraglan

Only 1 bridge is closed, but the interconnecting sections of the motorway are closed at various points. THE detour through Gloucester only applies to vehicles over 15 foot high, cars are being diverted around Chepstow and the old Severn bridge.

Quite possibly but the information available to them when they were frantically looking for alternatives were that the bridges were closed from 8pm. Whether that was the case or not 🤷🏼‍♂️
Brizzle Airport on 14:21 - Jun 1 with 1389 viewsdna

Going to Crete in August, cheaper and better flight times to go to Birmingham and stay overnight (with parking)
Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle Airport on 16:36 - Jun 1 with 1359 viewsKilkennyjack

Use Cardiff people.

Saves all this Bristol nonsense and hotel costs/problems.

Beware of the Risen People

Brizzle Airport on 16:38 - Jun 1 with 1356 viewscontroversial_jack

Brizzle Airport on 16:36 - Jun 1 by Kilkennyjack

Use Cardiff people.

If you can get direct flights from there. I have been fortunate and got one to Zante, but they are few and far between
Brizzle Airport on 18:00 - Jun 1 with 1343 viewsmajorraglan

Brizzle Airport on 14:20 - Jun 1 by EagleEye

Quite possibly but the information available to them when they were frantically looking for alternatives were that the bridges were closed from 8pm. Whether that was the case or not 🤷🏼‍♂️

The point you make about the information is well made, it took me a few times to get my head around it, but one of the bridges was defo open to cars.
Brizzle Airport on 18:52 - Jun 1 with 1331 viewsTogg

Use Cardiff people.

Bristol on the whole much better value, better flights better times. It's like little Wales there whether we like it or not. Booking a flight to Murcia in September, not a hope in hell from Cardiff. BMI Baby was a huge loss.
Brizzle Airport on 19:16 - Jun 1 with 1310 viewsBoundy

Brizzle Airport on 18:52 - Jun 1 by Togg

Bristol on the whole much better value, better flights better times. It's like little Wales there whether we like it or not. Booking a flight to Murcia in September, not a hope in hell from Cardiff. BMI Baby was a huge loss.

Like I said in my last post we were lucky ,the days and times were perfect, for us,but the choice overall is pretty poor

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brizzle Airport on 19:38 - Jun 1 with 1309 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 19:16 - Jun 1 by Boundy

Like I said in my last post we were lucky ,the days and times were perfect, for us,but the choice overall is pretty poor

Totally agree. If I could the flights from Cardiff I would definitely fly from there as would most people in South Wales.
Brizzle Airport on 21:01 - Jun 2 with 1230 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Use Cardiff people.

Unfortunately people from most of Monmouthshire cannot get to Cardiff Airport due to the chaos at the Brynglas tunnels caused by Drakeford and his no investments in new roads. It is far quicker to get to Bristol.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brizzle Airport on 21:51 - Jun 2 with 1218 viewsbuilthjack

Brizzle Airport on 21:01 - Jun 2 by felixstowe_jack

Unfortunately people from most of Monmouthshire cannot get to Cardiff Airport due to the chaos at the Brynglas tunnels caused by Drakeford and his no investments in new roads. It is far quicker to get to Bristol.

The Brynglas tunnels keep getting mentioned by the likes of yourself, probably to have a go at Mr Drakeford every time.
Can you tell me who’s fault these are;

I regularly head past Worcester and it takes me 90 minutes to go 10 miles through the roundabouts.
Who’s fault is that?

When I go to Barnsley with work.
160 miles. It always takes me 1 hour 45 minutes to do the 80 miles to Chester.
Then it takes me 3 hours 15 minutes to do the other 80 miles.
Who’s fault is that?

Neither of the above are Drakefords fault. Is it Sunak? Johnson’s? Truss? May?
Someone else’s?

Tell me who’s fault it is.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Brizzle Airport on 22:41 - Jun 2 with 1199 viewsDJack

Brizzle Airport on 21:51 - Jun 2 by builthjack

The Brynglas tunnels keep getting mentioned by the likes of yourself, probably to have a go at Mr Drakeford every time.

I regularly head past Worcester and it takes me 90 minutes to go 10 miles through the roundabouts.
Who’s fault is that?

Who’s fault is that?

Someone else’s?

The wokerati...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Brizzle Airport on 23:07 - Jun 2 with 1190 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who’s fault is that?

Who’s fault is that?

Someone else’s?

The delays at the Brynglas tunnels are the responsibility of the Welsh government and no-one else. They were congested 20 years ago as long as labour have been in charge. It was Drakeford's decision not to build an M4 relief road and no one else he was is in charge. The UK government has even offered to fund it as part of the UK's national infrastructure programme.
It was Drakeford that vetoed the offer even though he accepted EU money ( paid by the UK tax payers) to help build the A465.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brizzle Airport on 02:52 - Jun 3 with 1168 viewsbuilthjack

Brizzle Airport on 23:07 - Jun 2 by felixstowe_jack

The delays at the Brynglas tunnels are the responsibility of the Welsh government and no-one else. They were congested 20 years ago as long as labour have been in charge. It was Drakeford's decision not to build an M4 relief road and no one else he was is in charge. The UK government has even offered to fund it as part of the UK's national infrastructure programme.
It was Drakeford that vetoed the offer even though he accepted EU money ( paid by the UK tax payers) to help build the A465.

Answer the question

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Brizzle Airport on 08:28 - Jun 3 with 1124 viewsWhiterockin

Who’s fault is that?

Who’s fault is that?

Someone else’s?

Its your fault for going the wrong route. You should try Shrewsbury Cannock Derby and up.
Brizzle Airport on 08:54 - Jun 3 with 1116 viewsbuilthjack

Brizzle Airport on 08:28 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

Its your fault for going the wrong route. You should try Shrewsbury Cannock Derby and up.

The 10 miles rhrough Derbyshire is a crawl. Slower than Felix's tunnels.

Brizzle Airport on 10:20 - Jun 3 with 1101 viewsTogg

The non construction of the M4 relief road through the main artery into South Wales was a huge mistake, regardless of what party you support.
Brizzle Airport on 11:04 - Jun 9 with 1004 viewsfbreath

You can check if you car is exempt or not by going to this website and entering your number plate. My car is 15 year old petrol and is exempt

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

There is a link to separate site website for London on there as well.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Brizzle Airport on 15:56 - Oct 20 with 621 viewsTogg

Having one again just flown from Wales unofficial airport in Bristol. I see the airport goes from strength to strength and Cardiff looses more flights.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ryanair-grows-business-bristol-cut
Brizzle Airport on 16:39 - Oct 20 with 597 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brizzle Airport on 15:56 - Oct 20 by Togg

Having one again just flown from Wales unofficial airport in Bristol. I see the airport goes from strength to strength and Cardiff looses more flights.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ryanair-grows-business-bristol-cut

Yeah I was going to post this.

Kilkenny, how do you use Cardiff if it doesn't have flights to where you want to go?

At certain times of day the route into Rhoose is chockablock. We hve flown from there twice in the last 5 years but ony early morning flights when the roads are quiet and the airport empty, other than those times I'll be going elsewhere, mostly because elsehwere they have the flghts I want.

Talking about investment, cardiff airport has had over 250 million from Welsh tax payers. That particular black hole is still having money thrown into it but with Ryanair cutting back surely the Senedd has to look at it again, though pragmatic eyes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024