Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP - Break it down for me 10:10 - Jan 29 with 6096 viewsMonkey_Roots

I know we’re restricted by FFP, and I know what led us to this point, but I don’t know the ins and outs.

Can someone who knows break it all down - what it means now, and what consequences it has for the future, and what puts it right.

I’ve been pretty ignorant when it comes to the running of the club, to be honest, and want to understand some of the frustrations others have on here.
FFP - Break it down for me on 11:46 - Jan 29 with 3580 viewsQPR_John

What it means now and what it has meant since implementation is simple. A certain number of clubs are guaranteed to be successful and not have their success threatened by anybody outside the small group. It is working as designed by those that introduced it.
FFP - Break it down for me on 12:01 - Jan 29 with 3562 viewsted_hendrix

FFP stands for the following;

Felonious Financial Profit.

Basically It's a private club for those football clubs who have vast and incredible amounts of cash, so much cash that they don't know what to do with It.

Then there's the rest of us who are not allowed to join this private club because we don't have vast and incredible amounts of cash.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FFP - Break it down for me on 12:08 - Jan 29 with 3534 viewsjohnhoop

FFP - Break it down for me on 12:01 - Jan 29 by ted_hendrix

FFP stands for the following;

Felonious Financial Profit.

Basically It's a private club for those football clubs who have vast and incredible amounts of cash, so much cash that they don't know what to do with It.

Then there's the rest of us who are not allowed to join this private club because we don't have vast and incredible amounts of cash.

Or alternatively do have it but are prohibited from spending it because the rules are rigged.
FFP - Break it down for me on 13:40 - Jan 29 with 3375 viewsBushRanger82

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why the club doesn’t spend any money.
What I do know is, that despite it being nigh on impossible not to trip over a billionaire, or at the very least, a multi, multi millionaire, in the Loftus Rd boardroom, we might just as well be Accrington bloody Stanley.
FFP - Break it down for me on 14:29 - Jan 29 with 3303 viewsQPR_John

FFP - Break it down for me on 13:40 - Jan 29 by BushRanger82

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why the club doesn’t spend any money.
What I do know is, that despite it being nigh on impossible not to trip over a billionaire, or at the very least, a multi, multi millionaire, in the Loftus Rd boardroom, we might just as well be Accrington bloody Stanley.

Still not grasped the concept of FFP
FFP - Break it down for me on 14:33 - Jan 29 with 3292 viewsMonkey_Roots

FFP - Break it down for me on 14:29 - Jan 29 by QPR_John

Please explain it then.
FFP - Break it down for me on 15:33 - Jan 29 with 3195 viewsQPR_John

FFP - Break it down for me on 14:33 - Jan 29 by Monkey_Roots

Please explain it then.

I think I explained the reality of FFP earlier on. But if you want the company explanation.
No team in the FL can lose more than £39M over a rolling three years. We are currently close to breaking that or so I am told so any money the owners put in for players would add to that debt and we would be penalised by the FL. Maybe extra punishment as we are already paying off a fine for being the first to break FFP before the FL realised the punishment they first envisaged was too severe and changed it to a points deduction without re-visiting our punishment.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 15:46]
FFP - Break it down for me on 15:37 - Jan 29 with 3170 viewsdaveB

The issue the club faces is that unless they sell and fill a financial hole of around £13million in the next year if my maths is right then they will face a points deduction this time next year. Probably be 3-6 points which many on here have laughed off when given to other clubs as nothing but stick that on us and we are going down. We'd also face a transfer embargo as well
Login to get fewer ads

FFP - Break it down for me on 15:40 - Jan 29 with 3148 viewsRangersw12

FFP - Break it down for me on 15:37 - Jan 29 by daveB

The issue the club faces is that unless they sell and fill a financial hole of around £13million in the next year if my maths is right then they will face a points deduction this time next year. Probably be 3-6 points which many on here have laughed off when given to other clubs as nothing but stick that on us and we are going down. We'd also face a transfer embargo as well

That can't be true as some people on this forum think Hoos and the board are doing a great job
FFP - Break it down for me on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 3132 viewsQPR_John

FFP - Break it down for me on 15:40 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

That can't be true as some people on this forum think Hoos and the board are doing a great job

Consider our income stream and our outgoings. Silk purse and sows ear comes to mind.
FFP - Break it down for me on 15:46 - Jan 29 with 3112 viewsdaveB

FFP - Break it down for me on 15:40 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

It's not a black and white issue, they have done some things well and deserve credit for it but also got some things very wrong.

Hoos deserves far more stick than he gets on the failure to fill Loftus Road, seems to be a shrug and what can you do mentality when asked about it which you could probably say about FFP and the football side as well

with the transfer market for clubs our size dying and us not selling anyone for profit since 2020, having 1 season with no fans and ticket income before we spent relatively big on De Wijs, Field, Austin, Dozzell and Johansen you get yourself in a hole which I think they probably rightly at the time thought a Willock, Dickie or Dieng sale would get them out of or potentially going up which looked quite possible 14 games ago but 2 of those 3 players have fallen apart in the last 6 months and the drop in team performance has killed off any hope of going up as well.

We are now facing a real problem that will get a hell of a lot worse quickly without a few sales
FFP - Break it down for me on 15:49 - Jan 29 with 3095 viewsfrancisbowles

FFP - Break it down for me on 14:33 - Jan 29 by Monkey_Roots

Please explain it then.

FFP Financial Fair Play is now renamed Profit and Sustainability. As others have said over any rolling three season period a Championship club is allowed to lose £39 million on first team operating revenue and costs.

We have low revenue and high operating costs. We apparently lose money every time we play a match from the London costs of security and policing in a stadium that's design and layout is not fit for todays purpose. We have reduced our player salary budget many times but are still struggling to meet the maximum loss figure.

Hence, there is little if any money for transfer fees, loan arrangements etc.
FFP - Break it down for me on 16:13 - Jan 29 with 3009 viewsToast_R

Yeah we're absolutely f*cked. We have a League 1 budget and a team of directors who just cannot seem to get the balance right in the transfer market. Everytime they do spend money they end up with absolute lemons with zero re-sale value. Loans rarely improve the team and managers come and go without any momentum being built so we seem to end up back to the drawing board every two or three seasons. The few decent players we do get seem to regress drastically via injury or weak mentality, who knows?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 16:14]
FFP - Break it down for me on 16:52 - Jan 29 with 2902 viewsBushRanger82

FFP - Break it down for me on 14:29 - Jan 29 by QPR_John

Me neither.
FFP - Break it down for me on 17:01 - Jan 29 with 2868 viewstraininvain

FFP - Break it down for me on 15:37 - Jan 29 by daveB

Forgive my ignorance but if we’re heading towards a points deduction and transfer embargo wouldn’t it make sense for our owners to use this transfer window and / or the summer to strengthen the squad before we’re well and truly screwed? Or would that mean a heftier fine due to bigger financial losses?

If we’re in danger of breaching FFP with our comparatively modest transfer dealings and budget surely most Championship clubs are in the same situation. Surely something has to give as the football league can’t slap transfer embargoes and point deductions on several clubs without risking the integrity of the division.
FFP - Break it down for me on 17:09 - Jan 29 with 2847 viewsDamo1962

FFP - Break it down for me on 16:13 - Jan 29 by Toast_R

Yeah we're absolutely f*cked. We have a League 1 budget and a team of directors who just cannot seem to get the balance right in the transfer market. Everytime they do spend money they end up with absolute lemons with zero re-sale value. Loans rarely improve the team and managers come and go without any momentum being built so we seem to end up back to the drawing board every two or three seasons. The few decent players we do get seem to regress drastically via injury or weak mentality, who knows?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 16:14]

Agree with every word. I was thinking that a reset of the club in L1, may not be the worst scenario in the world...now I'm not sure. Until we get out of LR... can't see much light at the end of the tunnel TBH. As regards the players, I want to know why they are so bloody unfit and unprofessional. Not withstanding the results, this is the minimum we should expect from them. The contempt for our club from some players, managers and everyone else we bring in, is sickening. We are in a perfect "shit storm" alright.
FFP - Break it down for me on 17:10 - Jan 29 with 2850 viewsLblock

Hopefully this will clear it all up and bring you up to date

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FFP - Break it down for me on 17:17 - Jan 29 with 2829 viewsJamesB1979

You can only spend (roughly….I think you have 8m buffer over 3 years) what you earn as a club. And what you earn as a club does NOT include owners sticking money in. It’s income the club receive so, player sales, gate receipts, tv money.
FFP - Break it down for me on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 2755 viewsridethewave

FFP - Break it down for me on 17:01 - Jan 29 by traininvain

Forgive my ignorance but if we’re heading towards a points deduction and transfer embargo wouldn’t it make sense for our owners to use this transfer window and / or the summer to strengthen the squad before we’re well and truly screwed? Or would that mean a heftier fine due to bigger financial losses?

If we’re in danger of breaching FFP with our comparatively modest transfer dealings and budget surely most Championship clubs are in the same situation. Surely something has to give as the football league can’t slap transfer embargoes and point deductions on several clubs without risking the integrity of the division.

The length and severity of a transfer embargo as well as the amount of points deducted, will depend on the extent to which we breach FFP, so simply spending more money will only worsen the punishment.
FFP - Break it down for me on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 2755 viewscolinallcars

Clive put up a very clear explanation of FFP some time ago. I saved it and sent it to my mate in Australia, who every time we sign off says “ I hope the Rs get a nice rich owner soon”
Sadly, it looks like I've deleted it in error.
FFP - Break it down for me on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 2727 viewsMonkey_Roots

FFP - Break it down for me on 15:33 - Jan 29 by QPR_John

I think I explained the reality of FFP earlier on. But if you want the company explanation.
No team in the FL can lose more than £39M over a rolling three years. We are currently close to breaking that or so I am told so any money the owners put in for players would add to that debt and we would be penalised by the FL. Maybe extra punishment as we are already paying off a fine for being the first to break FFP before the FL realised the punishment they first envisaged was too severe and changed it to a points deduction without re-visiting our punishment.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 15:46]

Thanks mate.
FFP - Break it down for me on 17:59 - Jan 29 with 2710 viewsMonkey_Roots

So we either sell, or develop young players to sell, for a profit.

Or we move grounds, or ground share, to somewhere more affordable.

We fill the ground every game, and give them something great watch on the pitch.

We put all our eggs in one basket, spunk a huge amount of money on players and hope it gets us promoted (FFP count in the EPL?)
FFP - Break it down for me on 18:14 - Jan 29 with 2666 viewsdistortR

FFP - Break it down for me on 17:59 - Jan 29 by Monkey_Roots

So we either sell, or develop young players to sell, for a profit.

Or we move grounds, or ground share, to somewhere more affordable.

We fill the ground every game, and give them something great watch on the pitch.

We put all our eggs in one basket, spunk a huge amount of money on players and hope it gets us promoted (FFP count in the EPL?)

Or, we spend £5m on a top striker, and give him a 25 year contract.
FFP - Break it down for me on 18:26 - Jan 29 with 2640 viewsMonkey_Roots

Can we make the vip boxes £1,000,000 per head, per game (say each one holds 50) and then the owners book the boxes using fake names etc?
FFP - Break it down for me on 19:11 - Jan 29 with 2543 viewsstowmarketrange

FFP - Break it down for me on 18:26 - Jan 29 by Monkey_Roots

Can we make the vip boxes £1,000,000 per head, per game (say each one holds 50) and then the owners book the boxes using fake names etc?

Or we sell the ground to one of our owners shell companies for £500 million,rent it back from them at a peppercorn rent,and we’re minted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024