Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrows game 19:54 - Jan 16 with 3532 viewsandrew

Looking at the tickets left, we will be lucky to get 6k

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Tomorrows game on 23:09 - Jan 16 with 1097 viewsBoundy

Tomorrows game on 22:05 - Jan 16 by Fireboy2

12.5% is very very good away support don't you think

I go to alot of away games and I can tell you that the fans who travel away are happy with Martin and I suspect the vast percentage of home fans are also, it's the very wee minority like yourself on this forum that are bumping their gums.

I agree certainly for home games (understandable should we have poor result at home the following does change ) , the majority do support the team and manager , certainly during the game Martins' name is loudly sung out , certainly in the east where the more fervent supporters are to be found .I don't travel away anymore but I know our away support hasn't wavered in terms of age profile or numbers , in fact the younger elements now seem to outnumber the old school which is good to see because it means the Club regardless still means something to a lot

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tomorrows game on 23:44 - Jan 16 with 1048 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tomorrows game on 23:09 - Jan 16 by Boundy

I agree certainly for home games (understandable should we have poor result at home the following does change ) , the majority do support the team and manager , certainly during the game Martins' name is loudly sung out , certainly in the east where the more fervent supporters are to be found .I don't travel away anymore but I know our away support hasn't wavered in terms of age profile or numbers , in fact the younger elements now seem to outnumber the old school which is good to see because it means the Club regardless still means something to a lot

I have sang Bob Bradley’s name in the game, doesn’t mean I was happy with him though. I thought he was awful, but during the game it’s the supporters job to cheer the side on and intimidate the opposition.

Do the fans really think that “Swansea is greatest team in football the world has ever seen?”.

Away from the match day is where people tend to open up and be honest about things. Which is why these forums are so important for fans to voice their concerns and true feelings away from the bravado of a match day.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Tomorrows game on 00:30 - Jan 17 with 1033 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tomorrows game on 22:05 - Jan 16 by Fireboy2

12.5% is very very good away support don't you think

I go to alot of away games and I can tell you that the fans who travel away are happy with Martin and I suspect the vast percentage of home fans are also, it's the very wee minority like yourself on this forum that are bumping their gums.

Are you including yourself there? Can’t keep up with who you are talking about considering you are constantly (and correctly) criticising the manager. You don’t sound very happy when you type this stuff.

Anyway, we are losing support this season. So referencing the attendees is ignoring the non participants. It’s a bit like going to a Trump rally to canvass opinion on him, surely it’s the people that support him but don’t turn up are the ones you want to be speaking to?

21/22 - 17,376

22/23 - 16,650

That means nearly 1000 people going last year, decided to not bother this year.

And before anyone makes external excuses, this is how we compare to the rest of the league, obviously only including clubs who were in this league last season.

1. Hull….. (+4844)
2. Bristol C….. (+4216)
3. Preston….. (+3551)
4. Middlesbrough….. (+2893)
5. Huddersfield….. (+1339)
6. Sheff Utd….. (+1017)
7. Millwall….. (+805)
8. Blackburn Rovers….. (+450)
9. WBA…. (+188)
10. QPR….. (+81)
11. Luton Town…. (-46)
12. Reading….. (-133)
13. Blackpool…. (-332)
14. Birmingham….. (-470)
15. Stoke….. (-607)
16. Swansea City….. (-724)
17. Coventry….. (-1458)
18. Cardiff….. (-2235)

So out of the whole comparable league, only two clubs have lost more fans than us year on year.

The majority gaining fans, in many cases, significantly so.

Tomorrows game on 11:07 - Jan 17 with 953 viewsandrew

Tomorrows game on 22:16 - Jan 16 by owainglyndwr

How many have Bristol sold

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Tomorrows game on 12:16 - Jan 17 with 912 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Tomorrows game on 11:07 - Jan 17 by andrew

They have 828 unsold tickets according to their Web.

It actual shows the total of tickets available for home and away on their Web site perhaps ours could show this as we.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tomorrows game on 12:21 - Jan 17 with 906 viewsSTID2017

Tomorrows game on 23:09 - Jan 16 by Boundy

Yep.
Still means a lot to many of us who care and support the club through thick and thin

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Tomorrows game on 12:24 - Jan 17 with 905 viewsfelixstowe_jack

According to the club Web site new caters are taking over from tonight's match.

Compass catering. You will apparently be able order you drinks & food online before the match and at half time to get served quicker.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tomorrows game on 12:27 - Jan 17 with 904 viewsSTID2017

Tomorrows game on 12:24 - Jan 17 by felixstowe_jack

According to the club Web site new caters are taking over from tonight's match.

Compass catering. You will apparently be able order you drinks & food online before the match and at half time to get served quicker.

That definitely sounds like a step in the right direction.
Oddly enough the new Swansea Arena have similar systems.
Maybe there is a connection or just coincidence?
Anyway good news

Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrows game on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 812 viewsbuilthjack

Tomorrows game on 20:16 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

fans voting with their feet ?

Yes, long queues for tickets tonight.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tomorrows game on 22:22 - Jan 17 with 768 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tomorrows game on 22:05 - Jan 17 by builthjack

Then why have we lost so many fans from last season?

Only 2 clubs have lost more.

Why reality is being deliberately avoided I’m not quite sure.

Tomorrows game on 22:25 - Jan 17 with 773 viewsmax936

Tomorrows game on 22:05 - Jan 17 by builthjack

10K + on a ice cold wintry night, excellent stuff and well done to them for making the effort.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tomorrows game on 22:33 - Jan 17 with 763 viewsbuilthjack

Tomorrows game on 22:25 - Jan 17 by max936

10K + on a ice cold wintry night, excellent stuff and well done to them for making the effort.

Excellent turn out. Lots of our fans live a few hours away, and with work and things, we’re unlikely to get there tonight. In the minus’s, so that kept many away. Good turnout.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tomorrows game on 23:12 - Jan 17 with 724 viewsNotLoyal

Tomorrows game on 22:33 - Jan 17 by builthjack

Excellent turn out. Lots of our fans live a few hours away, and with work and things, we’re unlikely to get there tonight. In the minus’s, so that kept many away. Good turnout.

Most certainly proves the point again the swans have the best of the support in Wales especially for games like these.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Tomorrows game on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 626 viewsSTID2017

Tomorrows game on 12:27 - Jan 17 by STID2017

That definitely sounds like a step in the right direction.
Oddly enough the new Swansea Arena have similar systems.
Maybe there is a connection or just coincidence?
Anyway good news

Any of you guys try this ?
Was it successful?

Tomorrows game on 13:14 - Jan 18 with 585 viewsKeithHaynes

A bit of positivity on the turn out I would have thought would have been commented on more ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Tomorrows game on 13:34 - Jan 18 with 568 viewsWhiterockin

Tomorrows game on 13:14 - Jan 18 by KeithHaynes

A bit of positivity on the turn out I would have thought would have been commented on more ?

Negativity rules on here, post anything positive and you get hammered and called a happy clapper. My life has always been a glass half full and remains so, our support in general is still much stronger and supportive than some give credit.
Tomorrows game on 13:50 - Jan 18 with 550 viewsTomsyard

Tomorrows game on 00:30 - Jan 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you including yourself there? Can’t keep up with who you are talking about considering you are constantly (and correctly) criticising the manager. You don’t sound very happy when you type this stuff.

Anyway, we are losing support this season. So referencing the attendees is ignoring the non participants. It’s a bit like going to a Trump rally to canvass opinion on him, surely it’s the people that support him but don’t turn up are the ones you want to be speaking to?

21/22 - 17,376

22/23 - 16,650

That means nearly 1000 people going last year, decided to not bother this year.

And before anyone makes external excuses, this is how we compare to the rest of the league, obviously only including clubs who were in this league last season.

1. Hull….. (+4844)
2. Bristol C….. (+4216)
3. Preston….. (+3551)
4. Middlesbrough….. (+2893)
5. Huddersfield….. (+1339)
6. Sheff Utd….. (+1017)
7. Millwall….. (+805)
8. Blackburn Rovers….. (+450)
9. WBA…. (+188)
10. QPR….. (+81)
11. Luton Town…. (-46)
12. Reading….. (-133)
13. Blackpool…. (-332)
14. Birmingham….. (-470)
15. Stoke….. (-607)
16. Swansea City….. (-724)
17. Coventry….. (-1458)
18. Cardiff….. (-2235)

So out of the whole comparable league, only two clubs have lost more fans than us year on year.

The majority gaining fans, in many cases, significantly so.

Does this mean, for example, that Hull are getting over 4k more that are actually attending or is this figure boosted by season tickets sold plus walk-ups. Looked at a cardiff forum recently and the general consensus was they had about 14k in the ground but the official attendance was reported as over 18k. I don’t know if this has an impact in the figures or not, just asking the question.
Tomorrows game on 13:01 - Jan 19 with 459 viewswhiterock

Tomorrows game on 13:50 - Jan 18 by Tomsyard

Does this mean, for example, that Hull are getting over 4k more that are actually attending or is this figure boosted by season tickets sold plus walk-ups. Looked at a cardiff forum recently and the general consensus was they had about 14k in the ground but the official attendance was reported as over 18k. I don’t know if this has an impact in the figures or not, just asking the question.

Its been pointed out many times that attendance is on pre tickets sold, so if say Swansea sell 14k season tickets and then £1k tickets (walk up) extra have been sold, even though there might only be 12k in the ground, 15k will be correctly announced.

Cup is different though but were it gets confusing is premier club members are counted even if they're a no show.
Tomorrows game on 13:05 - Jan 19 with 453 viewsKeithHaynes

Tomorrows game on 13:01 - Jan 19 by whiterock

Its been pointed out many times that attendance is on pre tickets sold, so if say Swansea sell 14k season tickets and then £1k tickets (walk up) extra have been sold, even though there might only be 12k in the ground, 15k will be correctly announced.

Cup is different though but were it gets confusing is premier club members are counted even if they're a no show.

The figures for fa cup games have to be pretty spot on due to the split between clubs and the FA.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024