Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? 16:44 - Jan 9 with 5187 viewsKeithHaynes

Me, Gareth Bale.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 14:10 - Jan 10 with 793 viewscockett_jack

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:02 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

A made player Keegan.

Miles behind Bale and Best for me.

Not that it proves anything but worth mentioning he’s in a club of 1 when it comes to British footballers with two ballon d’Ors.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:20 - Jan 10 with 713 viewsBryanSwan

Has to be Bale for me, I cannot think of anyone else who could win a game by themselves and has proven it on both club and international stage time and time again.
Has scored in three champions league finals too, utterly incredible.
I think seeing him at the WC which was a year or two too late for him has tarnished a bit of just how good he was.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:25 - Jan 10 with 710 viewsSullutaCreturned

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:20 - Jan 10 by BryanSwan

Has to be Bale for me, I cannot think of anyone else who could win a game by themselves and has proven it on both club and international stage time and time again.
Has scored in three champions league finals too, utterly incredible.
I think seeing him at the WC which was a year or two too late for him has tarnished a bit of just how good he was.

No player has EVER won a game by themselves, fact.

There could also be a debate about how much it damaged Wales when we kept giving the ball to Bale when there were better options.

Great player yes but he didn't carry his club sides to Champions league success, that was a team effort at one of the biggest clubs there is, a side packed full of great players, Galacticos.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:41 - Jan 10 with 697 viewsLuther27

Yes best I’ve seen anyway. Still makes the hair on my neck stand up watching the Milan games….but the Copa Del Rey final was something else. How many players would have gone to ground when Bartra tried to barge him off the pitch.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:43 - Jan 10 with 691 viewsBryanSwan

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:25 - Jan 10 by SullutaCreturned

No player has EVER won a game by themselves, fact.

There could also be a debate about how much it damaged Wales when we kept giving the ball to Bale when there were better options.

Great player yes but he didn't carry his club sides to Champions league success, that was a team effort at one of the biggest clubs there is, a side packed full of great players, Galacticos.

No he literally played by himself, saw it happen.

Deary me, probably the 3rd best player in the World for a good few season yet it damaged Wales? Damaged us so much that we got to a Euro semi final. Would've won it all if only we had played Simon Church instead.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:26 - Jan 11 with 608 viewscockett_jack

Bale is being massively overrated in this thread. Fact.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:40 - Jan 11 with 599 viewscimlaswan

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:26 - Jan 11 by cockett_jack

Bale is being massively overrated in this thread. Fact.

It's not a fact. It's just your opinion.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 07:28 - Jan 12 with 569 viewspete

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:40 - Jan 11 by cimlaswan

It's not a fact. It's just your opinion.

In the modern eara Mr Bale would be in the top 4 but over all how can you judge, when there were different times and ways the game was played, in days gone by you had Jim Baxter of Scotland, Duncan Edwards of England John Charles of Wales to name but a few,people who were not born or lucky enough to see the named and many many more players would deffinatly have been blown away world class by a mile
Login to get fewer ads

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:52 - Jan 13 with 490 viewscockett_jack

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 07:28 - Jan 12 by pete

In the modern eara Mr Bale would be in the top 4 but over all how can you judge, when there were different times and ways the game was played, in days gone by you had Jim Baxter of Scotland, Duncan Edwards of England John Charles of Wales to name but a few,people who were not born or lucky enough to see the named and many many more players would deffinatly have been blown away world class by a mile

Eh, I don’t buy it tbh. He had his moments running amock on the wings with Spurs and RM but he didn’t achieve as much as some other British players mentioned here. Red tinted spectacles?
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:13 - Jan 14 with 464 viewsWhiterockin

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:52 - Jan 13 by cockett_jack

Eh, I don’t buy it tbh. He had his moments running amock on the wings with Spurs and RM but he didn’t achieve as much as some other British players mentioned here. Red tinted spectacles?

5 Champions League winners medals is not achieved as much?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:29 - Jan 14 with 460 viewsFireboy2

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:13 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

5 Champions League winners medals is not achieved as much?

And without him wales would not have qualified for 3 of the last 4 major championships.

In his pomp, about 6-8 years ago he was easily the best british player and iirc in the top 3 of the world.

Red tinted glasses? My @,rse.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:39 - Jan 14 with 451 viewsKeithHaynes

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:29 - Jan 14 by Fireboy2

And without him wales would not have qualified for 3 of the last 4 major championships.

In his pomp, about 6-8 years ago he was easily the best british player and iirc in the top 3 of the world.

Red tinted glasses? My @,rse.

My rose one’s are better 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:57 - Jan 14 with 437 viewspete

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:52 - Jan 13 by cockett_jack

morning, when i said world class by a mile was refering to the guys i named and others no red tinted glasses there lol
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 09:08 - Jan 14 with 435 viewsFireboy2

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:39 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

My rose one’s are better 😉

🤣👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024