Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? 10:04 - Aug 23 with 7027 viewscadleigh

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 00:12 - Sep 16 with 820 viewsKeithHaynes

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:21 - Sep 15 by guthrieintherain

Lose tomorrow and I think he will be gone.

Saturday he will really up Shit street.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 09:35 - Sep 16 with 749 viewsonehunglow

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:21 - Sep 15 by guthrieintherain

Lose tomorrow and I think he will be gone.

Don't think that will happen. I still have in my head text that aid he would be given time to bring off his plans.If we cant afford to sack him ,then we are truly screwed as relegation will hit us far harder. Will they stick with him if we do go down hoping his project by then will have paid off.?

It is all about results. Style is secondary to success.Always. Nobody remembers style but they do success.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 22:24 - Sep 16 with 710 viewscadleigh

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 09:35 - Sep 16 by onehunglow

Don't think that will happen. I still have in my head text that aid he would be given time to bring off his plans.If we cant afford to sack him ,then we are truly screwed as relegation will hit us far harder. Will they stick with him if we do go down hoping his project by then will have paid off.?

It is all about results. Style is secondary to success.Always. Nobody remembers style but they do success.

I don't believe for a moment that we can't afford to sack him. The majority owners may be as disinterested most of the time as Olympian gods of old, but they are not stupid. They will have baked in the cost of his severance. The key question is what information they are being given about the current problems on the pitch. Is Winter putting a positive spin on things? Is Silverstein capturing enough on his flying visits? Do they know the platform is burning?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 08:09 - Sep 17 with 664 viewsWhiterockin

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 22:24 - Sep 16 by cadleigh

I don't believe for a moment that we can't afford to sack him. The majority owners may be as disinterested most of the time as Olympian gods of old, but they are not stupid. They will have baked in the cost of his severance. The key question is what information they are being given about the current problems on the pitch. Is Winter putting a positive spin on things? Is Silverstein capturing enough on his flying visits? Do they know the platform is burning?

Or are they giving a little more time because financially he is keeping the club on an even keel. Its early in the season and currently the league position is not good enough, but that can still change quickly, if it doesn't then they will have to make a decision.
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 09:57 - Sep 17 with 631 viewsonehunglow

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 22:24 - Sep 16 by cadleigh

I am told ,at least on here,that is the case.My view is that of that is so we are doomed truly buggered.
It will cost us dearly to go down and we look the worst team in the league right now with no sign of sanity prevailing.Some enjoying it,some reckoning we could make play offs,some God Help them,saying we are creating chances so it's alright. Some of our fans have been mullered,conned,twisted,skewed and forced to fellate the devious dross of a clueless coach of nothing but trouble.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:13 - Sep 17 with 625 viewssw02sea

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:02 - Aug 24 by Dr_Parnassus

He’s a peacock, he’s all about the facade and ego.

He needs to be backed into a corner where he feels the only option is to come out and defend his tactics, radically change them… or leave.

At the moment far too many people accept him skirting over the obvious and fall for his slight of hand nonsense by mentioning other things that take the focus off his senseless management.

I don’t think he could hold an in depth conversation on football for more than 2 minutes. Genuinely don’t. I think he has extremely limited knowledge which is why he cannot adapt, or even see what’s going wrong.

He exudes confidence though which is what a lot of people get fooled by. A typical second hand car salesman, except he is the engineless Vauxhall Nova that he is trying to make out is a classic Ferrari, sadly we have many cranial-challenged punters lapping it up.

Never said this about any manager before in my 30 years watching the game, I hate cliches, but he is what you would describe as your typical “chancer”. Doesn’t belong at this level, his record says as much - yet he’s convinced people he does with absolutely no substance whatsoever.

Hans Christian Andersen‘s folktale…….. “The emperor’s new clothes” springs to mind, and Mr Deluded, is now totally naked!
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 604 viewscadleigh

Last board meeting was earlier this month shortly after the QPR win. That result probably saved his job, although they could have given Winter authority to fire him if certain scenarios play out. More likely they will decide at the next meeting, which I presume is not until November. Personally I think he will be here until Christmas.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024