Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2022/23 season 12:02 - May 2 with 2731 viewselectricblue

Season start (regular season) 30 July, 2022.
Looking at that date above it dont give clubs much time to have a break then bring in new players and get the preseason games played..

Biggest stumbling block for me is the present contracts that run out at the end of june......
Add to this the current cost of living increases and players will want more and this could have a huge impact on clubs like Dale..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The 2022/23 season on 12:23 - May 2 with 2657 viewsboromat

It's gonna be another strange season. I assume the transfer window closes at the same time as normal meaning we won't have a 'completed' squad until later in the season in terms of games played.

One of our priorities will just be getting players back fit. Can't be many contracted players for next season that are currently able to play. Would definitely struggle to put an 11 out.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The 2022/23 season on 12:28 - May 2 with 2653 viewselectricblue

Surely the transfer window will get a few weeks extention.....

The 2022/23 season on 12:35 - May 2 with 2639 viewsboromat

Had a Google. The window closes at the same time as most years, 1st September. So the window is the same length but as I said more games will have been played by the time it closes with the season starting early.

The 2022/23 season on 17:16 - May 2 with 2451 viewsTVOS1907

The 2022/23 season on 12:35 - May 2 by boromat

Had a Google. The window closes at the same time as most years, 1st September. So the window is the same length but as I said more games will have been played by the time it closes with the season starting early.

The season is only starting a week earlier than normal. Teams will have played just one more game than this season, or most seasons.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The 2022/23 season on 17:36 - May 2 with 2404 viewsisitme

As always there are lots of players released who are looking for jobs. With a manager in place, an increase in the playing budget and not being saddled with BBM resignings on big wages there should be no reason why we cannot assemble a more competitive squad. Preseason usually starts early July anyway in a normal year so bringing it forward a bit shouldn't be too much of an issue. I can't see any present employer being too bothered that someone is training with a new club if they have released them, especially as everyone will be in the same boat.
The 2022/23 season on 17:42 - May 2 with 2395 viewsboromat

Had it in my head it was a couple of weeks.

Looking at the break for the world cup it looks as if Leagues One and Two keep playing. There might be the odd postponement due to international call ups but it could be a great opportunity to get attendances up. Offer cheap tickets to season ticket holders of Championship/Premier League clubs.

The 2022/23 season on 17:51 - May 2 with 2381 viewsEllDale

The 2022/23 season on 17:36 - May 2 by isitme

As always there are lots of players released who are looking for jobs. With a manager in place, an increase in the playing budget and not being saddled with BBM resignings on big wages there should be no reason why we cannot assemble a more competitive squad. Preseason usually starts early July anyway in a normal year so bringing it forward a bit shouldn't be too much of an issue. I can't see any present employer being too bothered that someone is training with a new club if they have released them, especially as everyone will be in the same boat.

Morecambe have set the ball rolling today.
They’ve released several (including Rhys Bennett) but also put quite a few contracted players on the transfer list in an effort to shift them. That list features both Ryan Delaney and Ryan McLaughlin.
The 2022/23 season on 18:06 - May 2 with 2341 viewsTVOS1907

The 2022/23 season on 17:42 - May 2 by boromat

Had it in my head it was a couple of weeks.

Looking at the break for the world cup it looks as if Leagues One and Two keep playing. There might be the odd postponement due to international call ups but it could be a great opportunity to get attendances up. Offer cheap tickets to season ticket holders of Championship/Premier League clubs.

https://www.efl.com/news/key-dates/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

The 2022/23 season on 19:30 - May 2 with 2246 viewsNorthernDale

I would resign Rhys Bennett straight away.
The 2022/23 season on 09:58 - May 3 with 1975 viewsFrog

The 2022/23 season on 19:30 - May 2 by NorthernDale

Not sure about that, only played 7 games last season and 17 the season before. I think he may be passed his best.
The 2022/23 season on 10:52 - May 3 with 1924 viewselectricblue

The 2022/23 season on 19:30 - May 2 by NorthernDale

The manager needs to be looking at new younger players.
Rhys Bennett does not fit into that soits a no....
Looking at past players from years ago isnt an option Dale need to move on away from that scenario....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024