Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter Olympics 20:47 - Feb 7 with 2048 viewsRanger_Things

Anyone following?

A few GB disappointments already but great to see Kirsty Muir qualify for Ski Big Air final.

Snowboard Slopestyle judges made a f ucking ricket giving gold to Max Parrot. Great rider and amazing achievement coming back from Hodgkin's lymphoma but Su Yiming deserved the win and Mark McMorris probably should have been given silver.
Winter Olympics on 21:04 - Feb 7 with 2011 viewsstevec

Never trust a sport where the outcome isn’t decided by the participants.
Winter Olympics on 21:58 - Feb 7 with 1966 viewsBoston

Not watching the Olympics and I believe I'm not alone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Winter Olympics on 22:03 - Feb 7 with 1966 viewsdistortR

Winter Olympics on 21:58 - Feb 7 by Boston

Not watching the Olympics and I believe I'm not alone.

olympics in China, world cup in Qatar, maybe the taliban could host some sporting event next?
Winter Olympics on 09:39 - Feb 8 with 1802 viewsstevec

Loving the massive chimneys from the steel works behind the Big Air venue.

You’d be forgiven for thinking they’re taking the piss.
Winter Olympics on 09:50 - Feb 8 with 1781 viewsjoe90

I watched some of the snowboarding last night. The commentators were comically biased. The winner made one mistake and they spent the remainder of the event slagging him off, even commented on the cut of his trousers, haha Turned out the winner was a cancer survivor and IMO clearly had the best run despite his one faux pas. They were banging on about how controversial this would be within the snowbird community, but if their community is so 'core' why the hell go into the Olympics?!
Winter Olympics on 09:59 - Feb 8 with 1763 viewsTheChef

"Team GB"

Can't we go back to being Great Britain?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Winter Olympics on 17:13 - Feb 8 with 1638 viewsRanger_Things

Winter Olympics on 21:04 - Feb 7 by stevec

Never trust a sport where the outcome isn’t decided by the participants.

I get what you are saying regarding judged sports but in this case it was absolutely clear cut. To put it in football terms, it’d be like the referee and assistants getting every decision correct and then allowing a hand of god goal to stand even with VAR.
Winter Olympics on 19:48 - Feb 8 with 1561 viewsRanger_Things

Winter Olympics on 09:50 - Feb 8 by joe90

I watched some of the snowboarding last night. The commentators were comically biased. The winner made one mistake and they spent the remainder of the event slagging him off, even commented on the cut of his trousers, haha Turned out the winner was a cancer survivor and IMO clearly had the best run despite his one faux pas. They were banging on about how controversial this would be within the snowbird community, but if their community is so 'core' why the hell go into the Olympics?!

Nah, I’m not having that. Despite the corny one liners Ed and Tim are excellent action sports commentators. They could be accused of bias when British athletes are involved but they called that final bang on. Trousers an’all.
Login to get fewer ads

Winter Olympics on 21:14 - Feb 8 with 1502 viewsjoe90

Winter Olympics on 19:48 - Feb 8 by Ranger_Things

Nah, I’m not having that. Despite the corny one liners Ed and Tim are excellent action sports commentators. They could be accused of bias when British athletes are involved but they called that final bang on. Trousers an’all.

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

With or without the dodgy knee grab and questionable trouser fit, Parrot’s second run was the best of the lot. I will concede that I’m probably in the minority with my view.

Edit: Tim & Ed are funny, I’ll give you that. I was watching the women’s big air ski (not sure what it’s called). Also, much prefer the skiing to snowboarding as they can go backwards which looks way more stylish (especially when they’re dropping in on the big ramps) than the snowboarding does.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 23:26]
Winter Olympics on 13:19 - Feb 9 with 1332 viewsRanger_Things

Winter Olympics on 09:39 - Feb 8 by stevec

Loving the massive chimneys from the steel works behind the Big Air venue.

You’d be forgiven for thinking they’re taking the piss.

The communist messaging is admittedly skew-whiff but they are attempting the opposite. The steel works was closed down in 2008 because it was too polluting and the big air structure is made from reclaimed materials from the works. It is now a permanent venue for events and there are skateparks, playgrounds, green spaces etc for public use. I just hope they decontaminated it first!
Winter Olympics on 12:36 - Feb 10 with 1211 viewsMrSheen

15-year-olds on the gear. Just like the old days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024