Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton 15:26 - Jun 2 with 6476 viewskingo

Seems our first away opponents have a few problems. Three key players, including the impressive Lyle Taylor are refusing to play as their contracts are up.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Charlton on 22:19 - Jun 3 with 1732 viewsstainrods_elbow

Charlton on 13:55 - Jun 3 by enfieldargh

According to radio Bournemouth and Brentford are after him.

Grant Hall was interviewed on talk sport this morning on the same matter. He said he's in the same position and really needs to consider his options. He did say that Les, Hoos & Maclaren were extremely supportive of him when he was out so acknowledges the clubs efforts however he's got a new born baby and probably 3-4 years playing left in him.

I think he's come good although not sure the club would offer him more than another year

I hope not, as I don't rate Hall as either a player or a character, and would say he and Lumley were both big factors in our appalling defensive record this whole uniquely and painfully strange season. Warburton needs to take a good long look at our whole approach at the back ahead of 2020/21, as he and his coaching staff have hardly covered themselves in glory so far in that area. if we also lose one or both of Eze and BOS, and Hugill goes home, I fear a mediocre campaign at best.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:20]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Charlton on 22:35 - Jun 3 with 1707 viewsAntti_Heinola

Charlton on 22:19 - Jun 3 by stainrods_elbow

I hope not, as I don't rate Hall as either a player or a character, and would say he and Lumley were both big factors in our appalling defensive record this whole uniquely and painfully strange season. Warburton needs to take a good long look at our whole approach at the back ahead of 2020/21, as he and his coaching staff have hardly covered themselves in glory so far in that area. if we also lose one or both of Eze and BOS, and Hugill goes home, I fear a mediocre campaign at best.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:20]

don't rate his character?

I have enormous respect for what he's come through over the last few years. Have you any clue what you're talking about?

Bare bones.

Charlton on 23:55 - Jun 3 with 1662 viewsdistortR

Charlton on 20:49 - Jun 3 by Northernr

Brentford were after him last summer as well but it's not a very Brentford signing is it? Free transfer so will be on biiiiiiiiiiig wages, probably a three or four year deal, and at the end of it he's 34 and not worth anything. Can't really remember them doing that at all recently. How old's Jansson? Answer my own question, hmmmmm, 29.

Maybe.

sorry, can anyone join in or is this a soliloquy?
Charlton on 12:57 - Jun 5 with 1513 viewsLazyFan

Charlton on 20:49 - Jun 3 by Northernr

Brentford were after him last summer as well but it's not a very Brentford signing is it? Free transfer so will be on biiiiiiiiiiig wages, probably a three or four year deal, and at the end of it he's 34 and not worth anything. Can't really remember them doing that at all recently. How old's Jansson? Answer my own question, hmmmmm, 29.

Maybe.

Jansson was signed as it filled their gaping hole in having a leaky defence. They obviously did their homework and saw they needed to take a punt on him. And he seemed to be on the cheap for such a top-quality defender after his falling out with Leeds.

Tyler they maybe after as a replacement for any of their top 3 who leave on a transfer.
Not as risky as signing a lower league player and maybe they have done the stats and cannot quite see a lower league player who is worth taking a punt on.

Which would be interesting as it would mean they cannot see any value below them. So, they could take Tyler as a stop-gap and pocket the monies from transfers until they see an opportunity come up.

zzzzzzzzzz

Charlton on 09:39 - Jun 7 with 1314 viewsTGRRRSSS

I assume Taylor hasnt earned a telephone number contract down the years and this would be his last chance to earn "big money" if even Bowyer has admitted it.

I have no idea what he's "been through" but if he had one of those nasty leg breaks or whatever 2 minutes into his first game back he's finished I think.

Also behind scenes issues at Charlton don't look promising.

Unfortunate for their fans though.
Wonder what he got from signing for Charlton both in terms of SAlary and his signing on fee which even at Champ Level can be quite tasty.
Charlton on 09:44 - Jun 7 with 1298 viewsEsox_Lucius

Charlton on 13:50 - Jun 3 by gobbles

Isn't his contract up on June 30? If the league restarts on June 20, how does he get out of the first two games?

Tight hammy in training?

The grass is always greener.

Charlton on 09:54 - Jun 7 with 1272 viewsTGRRRSSS

Charlton on 09:44 - Jun 7 by Esox_Lucius

Tight hammy in training?

He could simply say he's exibiting CV19 symptons and must isolate for 14 days I guess???

Wouldnt put it past any football agent smelling the £££££ to simply tell any client that in a similar situation if they've got something lined up.

Or a member of their household more simply.
Charlton on 16:39 - Jun 7 with 1192 viewsOldPedro

I suppose he is at least being up front about it - as some previous posts point out, he could just claim to be injured or ill

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton on 13:27 - Jun 12 with 1046 views2Thomas2Bowles

No hit with High Court insolvency action.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53023432

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024