Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump vs Twitter 21:39 - May 28 with 19090 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/technology/trump-twitter-fact-check.html?acti

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52821304
[Post edited 28 May 2020 21:44]
Trump vs Twitter on 20:32 - Jun 1 with 1774 viewsflynnbo

Trump has tweeted his agreement with this tw@t tweet from Tom Cotton who is the US Senator for Arkansas.

Anarchy, rioting, and looting needs to end tonight.

If local law enforcement is overwhelmed and needs backup, let's see how tough these Antifa terrorists are when they're facing off with the 101st Airborne Division.

We need to have zero tolerance for this destruction.
2:29 pm · 1 Jun 2020·Twitter Web App
Trump vs Twitter on 21:41 - Jun 1 with 1679 viewsMiss_Terraces

Trump vs Twitter on 12:20 - Jun 1 by Discodroids

People can change. You Never will.

I'd implore clive to ban politics from this site.  LFW Posters like you who wish to still showcase their political chakras and elements to an arena ,  could start their own politics website/forum for QPR Fans.

Once There,  they can abase themselves drunk on  their own demonic delusions of granduer with those who share a common purpose. Meanwhile,  the rest of us can  tarry in peace and tranquility in the LFW gardenia, truly free from the moudlering tentacles of the dojo poitique.

I have a good deal of respect for you Disco, I'm always happier when you are active on this board but why does Clive need to ban Bazza? You can do it yourself, all you or anyone else has to do is block the poster. It seems that you and a few other posters would be far happier if you blocked one or two posters
I like Clive's policy on banning people, you can't threaten to kill someone and you can't be Scott Jones.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Trump vs Twitter on 21:47 - Jun 1 with 1662 viewsdanehoop

Trump vs Twitter on 21:41 - Jun 1 by Miss_Terraces

I have a good deal of respect for you Disco, I'm always happier when you are active on this board but why does Clive need to ban Bazza? You can do it yourself, all you or anyone else has to do is block the poster. It seems that you and a few other posters would be far happier if you blocked one or two posters
I like Clive's policy on banning people, you can't threaten to kill someone and you can't be Scott Jones.

I think that point is one that we all agree on.

No-one deserves to be Scott Jones.

Never knowingly understood

Trump vs Twitter on 22:01 - Jun 1 with 1624 viewsrsonist

Because "keeping politics out of it" on a thread with a blatant racist and a loon MAGA wingnut running wild means focusing on Baz apparently...
Trump vs Twitter on 22:11 - Jun 1 with 1581 viewsDiscodroids

i've searched seven ways from sundy for evidence of me mentioning the left or right in my original post, or 'bazza in the loft' . He shot  his bolt in indecent haste like a Barking Gascoigne estate kerb crawler being jacked off by a hellbanianz Brass with full blown AIDS In exchange for a ten spot note,  and assumed i was talking solely of him.

Not everythings about Him on lfw. 
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 22:12]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Trump vs Twitter on 22:40 - Jun 1 with 1490 viewsPunteR

Trump vs Twitter on 22:01 - Jun 1 by rsonist

Because "keeping politics out of it" on a thread with a blatant racist and a loon MAGA wingnut running wild means focusing on Baz apparently...

[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 22:42]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Trump vs Twitter on 22:47 - Jun 1 with 1479 viewsMiss_Terraces

Trump vs Twitter on 22:11 - Jun 1 by Discodroids

i've searched seven ways from sundy for evidence of me mentioning the left or right in my original post, or 'bazza in the loft' . He shot  his bolt in indecent haste like a Barking Gascoigne estate kerb crawler being jacked off by a hellbanianz Brass with full blown AIDS In exchange for a ten spot note,  and assumed i was talking solely of him.

Not everythings about Him on lfw. 
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 22:12]

Edited because PunteR has p!ssed all over my argument. I was wrong
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 22:53]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Trump vs Twitter on 22:47 - Jun 1 with 1473 viewsPunteR

The blocking function is crap. You need to be logged in for it to work.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump vs Twitter on 23:39 - Jun 1 with 1406 viewsdistortR

Trump vs Twitter on 07:23 - Jun 1 by Discodroids

For the love of god almighty Clive, either please start serving up some bans or susupend this forum until Association football starts again .

Im Sick to the high teeth of posters on here every bastard day invading our every space with their fuking politics, while using your very own forum, as their personal fiefdom to amplify their Doctrines, credo and ideologies.

This relentless slow motion riot of carcinogenic shit must be damaging to your website and deeply unattractive to new LFW visitors. 

Mate, i don't agree with a lot that has been said on this particular thread, but are you really surprised to find politics surfacing on a thread specifically about donald trump?!

I like your posts DD, they genuinely make me laugh,but some of the stuff following your post (not from you) has been pretty disingenuous.

Edit - or possibly i agree with a lot that has been said, but not how it's been said.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 23:41]
Trump vs Twitter on 00:32 - Jun 2 with 1355 viewsLythamR

Trump vs Twitter on 22:47 - Jun 1 by PunteR

The blocking function is crap. You need to be logged in for it to work.

To be fair to the technology, how is the blocking function meant to know which posts it should show for you specifically if you are not logged it, the block instructions in the database will be associated with your username.
Trump vs Twitter on 06:33 - Jun 2 with 1248 viewsDixie_CT

Hey Green Party here, erm, Does anyone need any hemp rope for the lynching or some of Maureen’s delicious vegan banana bread? You must be hungry from carrying those pitchforks, tying bandanas or tweeting all day!

COVID has turned me away from football and into other hobbies so I check in here less frequently. However I do miss the R’s badly but don’t miss the BS that is openly spouted on here. I, like Brian, have learnt so much from LFW, it felt like more than just a football forum.

It’s such a shame the one decent place for life and R’s chat has turned into a bun fight and now smells a little like WATRB did which makes me 🤢

Come on people, there is more that unites than divides and don’t just be kind, be human kind!!!!

Jerry Springer might have been a bit of a tool but his closing line is pretty apt ‘Take care of yourself and each other, goodbye’
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 6:42]
Trump vs Twitter on 06:55 - Jun 2 with 1236 viewsPunteR

Trump vs Twitter on 00:32 - Jun 2 by LythamR

To be fair to the technology, how is the blocking function meant to know which posts it should show for you specifically if you are not logged it, the block instructions in the database will be associated with your username.

Yeh, understand that. Just saying it's a pointless function. Not trying to knock the website as there's nothing they can do about that or to a degree what people post either.
Unfortunately, probably since Brexit started the site has got very political and probably more divisive.

Trump vs Twitter on 07:26 - Jun 2 with 1210 viewsNorthernr

Trump vs Twitter on 06:55 - Jun 2 by PunteR

Yeh, understand that. Just saying it's a pointless function. Not trying to knock the website as there's nothing they can do about that or to a degree what people post either.
Unfortunately, probably since Brexit started the site has got very political and probably more divisive.

Same as the whole country, it's just reflective.
I've tried a few things, heavy handed deletion of the political threads to try and suppress it, letting them just go in the hope they burn themselves out, moderating them post by post and so on. Some of the stuff I'm accused of overlooking I simply didn't see. I try my best to read every word on here and most of the time I do.
As I've said many times, people are now so entrenched on both sides they can neither see somebody else's point of view, nor see quite how much they're pissing everybody off.

Don't really know what to do now other than to appeal to people to be a bit grown up about it. If you've pushed your political view onto us 10,000 times before we can probably do without you pushing it 10,001. If you're saying something as a wind up because you're incredibly fcking funny and clever and you think it might "trigger the libs" then you're not and you're not and again we can probably do without it. And remember we're all QPR at the end of the day.
Trump vs Twitter on 07:45 - Jun 2 with 1193 viewsDiscodroids

Trump vs Twitter on 07:26 - Jun 2 by Northernr

Same as the whole country, it's just reflective.
I've tried a few things, heavy handed deletion of the political threads to try and suppress it, letting them just go in the hope they burn themselves out, moderating them post by post and so on. Some of the stuff I'm accused of overlooking I simply didn't see. I try my best to read every word on here and most of the time I do.
As I've said many times, people are now so entrenched on both sides they can neither see somebody else's point of view, nor see quite how much they're pissing everybody off.

Don't really know what to do now other than to appeal to people to be a bit grown up about it. If you've pushed your political view onto us 10,000 times before we can probably do without you pushing it 10,001. If you're saying something as a wind up because you're incredibly fcking funny and clever and you think it might "trigger the libs" then you're not and you're not and again we can probably do without it. And remember we're all QPR at the end of the day.

yep, Fair Enough.

I for one believe that endless political debate unto the void and across the universe from the same core group of about a dozen LFW posters, can only prove to be an ambrosial  honey pot In attracting new visitors from all avenues and alleways of life to Clives website.

A QPR website that he shits his colon out working on 24/7.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 8:00]

Trump vs Twitter on 07:50 - Jun 2 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

Trump vs Twitter on 07:45 - Jun 2 by Discodroids

yep, Fair Enough.

I for one believe that endless political debate unto the void and across the universe from the same core group of about a dozen LFW posters, can only prove to be an ambrosial  honey pot In attracting new visitors from all avenues and alleways of life to Clives website.

A QPR website that he shits his colon out working on 24/7.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 8:00]

I hear from enough people in the Crown and at the game each weekend that they read the site, like the site, but don't post on the board because it's too political, intimidating and it puts them off. It's not news to me.
Trump vs Twitter on 07:55 - Jun 2 with 1889 viewsDiscodroids

Trump vs Twitter on 07:50 - Jun 2 by Northernr

I hear from enough people in the Crown and at the game each weekend that they read the site, like the site, but don't post on the board because it's too political, intimidating and it puts them off. It's not news to me.

Point taken. At the end of the day, who needs this tom tit in their lives.

We all appreciate the midnight express wheel daily grind you have to put in. I couldn't do it

The forum is for everyone.. Left and Right. Ebony and Ivory. Shanks and Bigfoot. 

;-)

Trump vs Twitter on 08:16 - Jun 2 with 1854 viewsted_hendrix

Current lockdown climate doesn't help, nobody has to take sides but I can wholeheartedly see where Disco is coming from.
Nobody needs to tell me well If I don't like it don't read it.
Yea, It's a bit like sitting in a pub with a bunch of lads talking about a game and all of a sudden one of the lads mentions politics and you get the opportunity to punch the minge senseless, can't do that on here.
Anyway, I don't know what I'm waffling about anymore

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Trump vs Twitter on 08:22 - Jun 2 with 1849 viewsDiscodroids

Trump vs Twitter on 08:16 - Jun 2 by ted_hendrix

Current lockdown climate doesn't help, nobody has to take sides but I can wholeheartedly see where Disco is coming from.
Nobody needs to tell me well If I don't like it don't read it.
Yea, It's a bit like sitting in a pub with a bunch of lads talking about a game and all of a sudden one of the lads mentions politics and you get the opportunity to punch the minge senseless, can't do that on here.
Anyway, I don't know what I'm waffling about anymore

join the club Ted.

I've been waffling on talking utter crap ever since my old man East Ham Dave dropped me on my head from up on his shoulders at the East Ham Granada, while doing the Georgie Fame 'walking the Dog' dance in the summer of '68.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 8:28]

Trump vs Twitter on 08:48 - Jun 2 with 1805 viewsstevec

First 20 threads on here and only this one starts political. Admittedly Corona got hijacked, left wing stuff of course, that’s always what starts it off.

Maybe Clive, soon as you see a thread veering political you just cut it off there and then. That would also stop the likes of me coming on to wind the fckers up. If it encourages others to contribute and replace the click through it’ll also encourage advertisers to pay towards the site.

Win/win I’d have thought?
Trump vs Twitter on 09:27 - Jun 2 with 1739 viewsflynnbo

Trump vs Twitter on 08:48 - Jun 2 by stevec

First 20 threads on here and only this one starts political. Admittedly Corona got hijacked, left wing stuff of course, that’s always what starts it off.

Maybe Clive, soon as you see a thread veering political you just cut it off there and then. That would also stop the likes of me coming on to wind the fckers up. If it encourages others to contribute and replace the click through it’ll also encourage advertisers to pay towards the site.

Win/win I’d have thought?

Why do you even have to mention the left wing as being culpable? In doing so, you are going to wind people up and so it will go on. Then you claim to take the higher ground by appealing to Clive to stop a thread if it takes a political slant.
Trump vs Twitter on 10:01 - Jun 2 with 1681 viewsstevec

Trump vs Twitter on 09:27 - Jun 2 by flynnbo

Why do you even have to mention the left wing as being culpable? In doing so, you are going to wind people up and so it will go on. Then you claim to take the higher ground by appealing to Clive to stop a thread if it takes a political slant.

Well I’d genuinely prefer not to but that is where the problem starts.

Look at all the threads that ‘go off’, so to speak. Some start exactly as they mean to go on, with a left slant. Others like Corona, start off without political bias but you know 100% that if it’s going to head in a political direction it will, almost without fail, head in a left wing direction.

Admittedly, whilst it stays in that left wing direction, page after page after page, everything seems to be construed as perfectly acceptable. Inevitably, after suffering this ad nausem, someone eventually has enough of it and challenges with their own right of centre views. Now to me that seems perfectly fine, given the one sided argument of the previous umpteen pages.

So to cut out all the politics surely it makes sense to eradicate this by cutting off threads as soon as they go political, be it left or right.

It’s quite possible that the number of posts the political side attracts pays a large proportion of the costs needed to support the LFW site. Advertisers are probably a lot more flexible than their PR missives state, so it may well come down to click through.
Trump vs Twitter on 10:17 - Jun 2 with 1641 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Meanwhile...

Trump is making louder noises about sending in the army.

Hope all the American R's are safe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump vs Twitter on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 1629 viewsjoe90

Trump is an idiot. I don't understand how anyone could defend is actions.

I also don't understand why America get's so much attention when there are other more interesting parts of the world, cultures and other injustices that deserve attention.

To me, it's as though the attention America get's is a reflection of what regard it's held in. I'm shocked by the words and actions of Trump as any sane person would be, I'm also disgusted when I watched the video of the police killing George Floyd, but to me their brutal policing at home mirrors their ridiculous foreign policy and I put them in the same category as Assad, Bolsonaro, Duterte et al.

I see the UK as very separate from these crack pots, though we're not perfect we're still a long way from being like those countries. Even Europe is lurching to the right and I think the UK is best off out of it!

Instead of worrying about America we as a nation need a very frank discussion about what post brexit Britain will look like. We have a very unique opportunity to make this country better, better fund our public services, re-engage with the world, put an end to ideological driven austerity, kill off UKIP and the stupid immigration fantasy debate etc. The left need to take control of the brexit narrative and move away from the pro EU position and look at tangible policies that can be implemented that will make the UK a better place to live and start selling them!
Trump vs Twitter on 10:23 - Jun 2 with 1615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good post, Joe.

What I would say about the U.S. though (leaving aside the human tragedy for a minute) is that anything that affects their economy affects economies around the World (albeit more so Ireland, hence my own particular concern).

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump vs Twitter on 10:43 - Jun 2 with 1561 viewsNorthernr

Trump vs Twitter on 10:01 - Jun 2 by stevec

Well I’d genuinely prefer not to but that is where the problem starts.

Look at all the threads that ‘go off’, so to speak. Some start exactly as they mean to go on, with a left slant. Others like Corona, start off without political bias but you know 100% that if it’s going to head in a political direction it will, almost without fail, head in a left wing direction.

Admittedly, whilst it stays in that left wing direction, page after page after page, everything seems to be construed as perfectly acceptable. Inevitably, after suffering this ad nausem, someone eventually has enough of it and challenges with their own right of centre views. Now to me that seems perfectly fine, given the one sided argument of the previous umpteen pages.

So to cut out all the politics surely it makes sense to eradicate this by cutting off threads as soon as they go political, be it left or right.

It’s quite possible that the number of posts the political side attracts pays a large proportion of the costs needed to support the LFW site. Advertisers are probably a lot more flexible than their PR missives state, so it may well come down to click through.

The left wing posters would say exactly the same with the names changed.

This 'they started it' is exactly the sort of childish stuff that's not going to help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024