Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pav 09:34 - Jan 21 with 12671 viewshorshamHoop

Dave Mac reporting Pav unhappy at not getting game time, especially as he has been in Polish world cup squad and needs to play - be a big shame if he left as is a good player who is out of form at the moment and wing back is not his best position.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-pawel-wszolek-concern-21012017
Pav on 09:39 - Jan 21 with 7935 viewsbosh67

Not sure he is out of form, more out of position at this ridiculous wingback position. Bright should have been left and Pav right yesterday second half.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pav on 09:40 - Jan 21 with 7927 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Being a winger at QPR is like being straight a guy at a gay sex party.

If you want to join in you'll have to assume some awkward positions.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 10:17]
Pav on 09:45 - Jan 21 with 7909 viewsDorse

It wouldn't be a surprise to see him leave just before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT (c). It's a World Cup year and we are, frankly, a selling club.

If we can make a profit on him, liberate a few quid to address other areas of the squad, maybe the forward line or forward-planning for the potential loss of Perch, Onuoha and Robinson at the end of the season, then it might be a positive outcome for all concerned.

Don't want him to leave but could understand the logic if he does.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Pav on 09:56 - Jan 21 with 7855 viewsPunteR

Pav is one of our best players. For me he should be one of the first names on team sheet.
He's legit. A Polish international and when playing in the right areas, will cause problems for the opposition.
If we sell him im not sure we'll get a better player than him for the money. Seems another step backwards again if sold.
Then again maybe Penrice has a few decent players up his sleeve.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 11:29]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pav on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 7694 viewsbaz_qpr

Think its ridiculous he is not in the team and especially when Smith is on the pitch. Bright Samuel looked every bit the league two player, Furlong I'm sorry to say is league one quality still and offers very little going forward and we have an international player going to the world cup sitting on the bench.

Dumbfounded by some of the decisions at the moment and no surprise it was men v boys yesterday because frankly it was
Pav on 11:02 - Jan 21 with 7657 viewsMedwayR

I think we need to switch to a 4-3-3 with Sylla/Smith up front feeding off crosses from Wszolek/Wheeler/Osayi-Samuel/Shodipo/Smyth(?). Or maybe a 4-2-3-1. Either system keeps the Scowen-Luongo-Freeman trio in the middle, gets some width and wingers on the pitch, plays to the strengths of Sylla & Smith and gets Bidwell & Furlong into their proper positions as full-backs. It would be a great shame if we lose Wszolek especially due to a lack of playing time.

Poll: Who’s better?

Pav on 11:24 - Jan 21 with 7574 viewsrsonist

If you were him wouldn't you want to leave too? We've messed him around pretty much ever since we lured him into signing.
Pav on 11:37 - Jan 21 with 7529 viewsTacticalR

Out of interest, when we bring on Smith do we need to bring on all three substitutes at the same time (i.e. Smith, Pav, and a winger on the left)? There seem to be a lot of men involved.

The same point came up when discussing Sylla:
Sylla not featuring today by bosh67 6 Jan 2018 18:30
We know Luongo was rested today but do we read anything into Sylla not featuring in the squad? Injured? Rested? Lined up to leave?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Pav on 12:10 - Jan 21 with 7438 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Pav on 10:55 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

Think its ridiculous he is not in the team and especially when Smith is on the pitch. Bright Samuel looked every bit the league two player, Furlong I'm sorry to say is league one quality still and offers very little going forward and we have an international player going to the world cup sitting on the bench.

Dumbfounded by some of the decisions at the moment and no surprise it was men v boys yesterday because frankly it was

Pav is one of our best players and unfortunately has been messed around since he joined us. We are not playing to our strengths with this wing back system. We either get the players for the system or change the system.
Pav on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 7314 viewsdaveB

Pav on 10:55 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

and yet when Pav was playing there were plenty saying it was madness that Furlong wasn't in the side instead.

Always the same at QPR, whoever isn't playing quickly becomes the answer until they are picked
Pav on 13:11 - Jan 21 with 7279 viewsOldPedro

Pav on 13:02 - Jan 21 by daveB

and yet when Pav was playing there were plenty saying it was madness that Furlong wasn't in the side instead.

Always the same at QPR, whoever isn't playing quickly becomes the answer until they are picked

There have been a couple of games where we have played Furlong and Pav together and they have linked up well

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Pav on 13:12 - Jan 21 with 7279 viewssmegma

You're assuming that the same people are praising both Pav and Darnell. One opinion does not represent the whole fan base.
Pav on 13:15 - Jan 21 with 7265 viewsdaveB

Pav on 13:12 - Jan 21 by smegma

You're assuming that the same people are praising both Pav and Darnell. One opinion does not represent the whole fan base.

and your assuming I mean the same people are praising them both, I wasn't. I am fully aware one opinion does not represent the whole fanbase, I never suggested it did.

I just think the general mood seems to always be that we'll be better if a player not currently in the team was playing. It's Pav this week, was Sylla the other week will be someone else next week.
Can't play everyone and there isn't anyone being left out who would make a massive improvement to the team at the moment.
Pav on 15:39 - Jan 21 with 7094 viewstoboboly

We should sell him, best for both parties and would allow some of the kids to get game time.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Pav on 16:06 - Jan 21 with 7034 viewsqprd

Pav on 13:11 - Jan 21 by OldPedro

There have been a couple of games where we have played Furlong and Pav together and they have linked up well

That’s true. The reading match lasts year comes to mind

But in a 352, it’s either Pavel or Darnell. They can’t play together

I’d sell Pav if he’s out of contract at the end of the season

Rather see Darnell get those rwb minutes
Pav on 16:10 - Jan 21 with 7017 viewsEsox_Lucius

Pav on 15:39 - Jan 21 by toboboly

We should sell him, best for both parties and would allow some of the kids to get game time.

As long as people are happy that the kids aren't quite as good as those being touted for the Spanish elbow and we could get relegated then fine. I very much doubt that would be the case. "Typical Rangers, get rid of our best players and play inexperienced kids" ad nauseum. As has been mentioned many times before adapting a 4-3-3 with Darnell behind Pav and either Robinson (my choice) or Bidwell behind BOS/ Shodipo feeding either Sylla when a tall player would suit or, if his one appearance is typical of what to expect, Paul Smyth ferreting around among the CB's and working channels with the wingers getting deep and pulling the ball back.

The grass is always greener.

Pav on 16:53 - Jan 21 with 6924 viewsbaz_qpr

Sure but I disagree with them. If his name was not Furlong and he was 25 absolutely no one would be calling for him to be ahead of Pavel
Pav on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 6878 viewsMatch82

Pav on 16:53 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

Sure but I disagree with them. If his name was not Furlong and he was 25 absolutely no one would be calling for him to be ahead of Pavel

Definitely. But he's not 25, which is kind of the point. He is young and had a lot of room to improve, which he can do most effectively by playing.
Pav on 22:51 - Jan 21 with 6597 viewsPunteR

Pav on 15:39 - Jan 21 by toboboly

L1 here we come.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pav on 23:09 - Jan 21 with 6563 viewsWestbourneR

Pav on 11:02 - Jan 21 by MedwayR

I think we need to switch to a 4-3-3 with Sylla/Smith up front feeding off crosses from Wszolek/Wheeler/Osayi-Samuel/Shodipo/Smyth(?). Or maybe a 4-2-3-1. Either system keeps the Scowen-Luongo-Freeman trio in the middle, gets some width and wingers on the pitch, plays to the strengths of Sylla & Smith and gets Bidwell & Furlong into their proper positions as full-backs. It would be a great shame if we lose Wszolek especially due to a lack of playing time.

Medway mate you're too late to this. I've been told time and time again on here that 433 and 4231 won't work.

Apparently wing backs are the best solution. Just ignore the fact that we've not go full-backs at that the team looks a mess.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Pav on 23:13 - Jan 21 with 6558 viewsWestbourneR

Pav on 16:06 - Jan 21 by qprd

That’s true. The reading match lasts year comes to mind

But in a 352, it’s either Pavel or Darnell. They can’t play together

I’d sell Pav if he’s out of contract at the end of the season

Rather see Darnell get those rwb minutes

Hmmm yes of course the right solution to the fact Furlong and Pav can't play together in a 352 is to sell Pav. It would be madness to switch to the formation that allowed them to play together and tear Reading apart.

Pav on 23:37 - Jan 21 with 6536 viewsdaveB

Pav on 23:13 - Jan 21 by WestbourneR

Hmmm yes of course the right solution to the fact Furlong and Pav can't play together in a 352 is to sell Pav. It would be madness to switch to the formation that allowed them to play together and tear Reading apart.

We played 3 at the back the night they tore Reading apart but wth one striker rather than 2 with Mackie and Pawel out wide
Pav on 23:50 - Jan 21 with 6514 viewsWestbourneR

Pav on 23:37 - Jan 21 by daveB

We played 3 at the back the night they tore Reading apart but wth one striker rather than 2 with Mackie and Pawel out wide

dave - I definitely had the formation vs Reading away last season as a 433.

Hall in midfield. Flat back four. Pav on the right wing.

In fact I'm almost certain.

How else do you explain Darnell being the RB and playing with Pav as the winger in front of him?

Pav on 00:30 - Jan 22 with 6484 viewsLythamR

my solution at least for the rest of this season would be to scrap the current formation, go to a back 4 which we can do with onouha and robinson as CB . Furlong at left back and Bidwell Right back

Scowen and loungo (or cousins/manning) in the middle . Freeman on the left and Pawel on the right with 2 up front at home and against anyone apart from the toughest teams away

for the tough away games we drop one of the 2 strikers and bring in either manning or Cousins as a third midfielder with Loungo as the most advanced

even with the three CB's we conceed in almost every game so lets give it a crack going forward with our best players on the pitch

Both Pawel and freeman have the ability to beat men get to the line and cross back, lets get at teams properly and give our strikers something to work with
Pav on 08:48 - Jan 22 with 6336 viewstoboboly

Pav on 22:51 - Jan 21 by PunteR

L1 here we come.

Pav won't save us if we are due to be relegated. He isn't playing, he wants to play, we currently don't have a position for him that works. At least if we sell him we get some cash for a decent player and trim the wage bill further.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024