Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pav 09:34 - Jan 21 with 12704 viewshorshamHoop

Dave Mac reporting Pav unhappy at not getting game time, especially as he has been in Polish world cup squad and needs to play - be a big shame if he left as is a good player who is out of form at the moment and wing back is not his best position.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-pawel-wszolek-concern-21012017
Pav on 09:33 - Jan 22 with 3191 viewsichbinnaughty

Pav on 13:15 - Jan 21 by daveB

and your assuming I mean the same people are praising them both, I wasn't. I am fully aware one opinion does not represent the whole fanbase, I never suggested it did.

I just think the general mood seems to always be that we'll be better if a player not currently in the team was playing. It's Pav this week, was Sylla the other week will be someone else next week.
Can't play everyone and there isn't anyone being left out who would make a massive improvement to the team at the moment.

I agree with this.
It's not like when he IS brought on, or given a start, he blows everyone away and runs the game.
(And yes I know you could argue we're not playing a system that allows his natural game to thrive; but really GOOD players would still shine regardless of system).
And he can't be fatigued as he's had lots of time out to get fresh.
Maybe he's simply out of form or, dare I say it, not the brilliant player we would love him to be.
I do agree that the whole club is probably suffering a struggle with a blueprint for how we play, a lack of identity - but this is hardly surprising when we're "rightsizing" the playing squad, cutting costs, blooding youngsters etc.
That said, I do think that coaching isn't as strong as it should be.
As much as I'm fond of Birch, I can't imagine he's coaching's next big thing.
Once Gerry has had time to grieve, I'd love to see him come in.
Pav on 10:24 - Jan 22 with 3148 viewsPunteR

Pav on 09:33 - Jan 22 by ichbinnaughty

I agree with this.
It's not like when he IS brought on, or given a start, he blows everyone away and runs the game.
(And yes I know you could argue we're not playing a system that allows his natural game to thrive; but really GOOD players would still shine regardless of system).
And he can't be fatigued as he's had lots of time out to get fresh.
Maybe he's simply out of form or, dare I say it, not the brilliant player we would love him to be.
I do agree that the whole club is probably suffering a struggle with a blueprint for how we play, a lack of identity - but this is hardly surprising when we're "rightsizing" the playing squad, cutting costs, blooding youngsters etc.
That said, I do think that coaching isn't as strong as it should be.
As much as I'm fond of Birch, I can't imagine he's coaching's next big thing.
Once Gerry has had time to grieve, I'd love to see him come in.

Im not sure anyone is saying he's prem class but he's definitely our best player for that right wing position imo.
He's a decent championship player as are the 3 Amigos in midfield.
All players have dips in form or have off days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pav on 11:23 - Jan 22 with 3094 viewsichbinnaughty

Pav on 08:48 - Jan 22 by toboboly

Pav won't save us if we are due to be relegated. He isn't playing, he wants to play, we currently don't have a position for him that works. At least if we sell him we get some cash for a decent player and trim the wage bill further.

Not sure that he couldn't play on the right in a 4-4-2, in front of Darnell...
Stick Freeman on the left mid, in front of Bidwell.
Play Robbo in the centre.
Or play Robbo LB at the expense of Bidwell.
Pav on 11:40 - Jan 22 with 3071 viewstoboboly

Pav on 11:23 - Jan 22 by ichbinnaughty

Not sure that he couldn't play on the right in a 4-4-2, in front of Darnell...
Stick Freeman on the left mid, in front of Bidwell.
Play Robbo in the centre.
Or play Robbo LB at the expense of Bidwell.

You're right. But I don't think we are going to play a back 4 anytime soon and I prefer Furlong (or even god forbid Perch) at RWB than Pav.

I think the problem is that Holloway doesn't trust the defence not to concede so has decided that a wing back approach offers more protection (whether that works for us is another matter!).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Pav on 12:31 - Jan 22 with 3004 viewsPinnerPaul

Pav on 13:02 - Jan 21 by daveB

and yet when Pav was playing there were plenty saying it was madness that Furlong wasn't in the side instead.

Always the same at QPR, whoever isn't playing quickly becomes the answer until they are picked

Spot on Dave with that last sentence.

I thought Furlong was poor on Saturday btw.
Pav on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 2980 viewsDando

It is an utter disgrace that Pav is not playing, and if he does - its out of position. Why do we continue to make things so complicated, every damn week?

Pav is an excellent winger, and proved that last year, earning a new contract. Why do we continue to dent his confidence by pushing him further back, or not playing him at all???

Then theres Bidwell, a solid defender, who cannot and will not ever be able to attack! Time and time again he makes an attempt to run and has to check back and play it inside. Why on earth continue to play both of these out of position??? It drives me insane!

We can still fit Luongo, Freeman and Scowen into the side - by playing wingers. We are too narrow, every week! its typical for us, to have a rare good player and waste them, frustrate them and then watch them leave and succeed elsewhere.

I don't for one minute think we have an amazing squad, but why not make the most of what we have rather than continuing these tactics which are not playing to our strengths? We should have used the MK Dons game, to try a different system - with wingers. Give it a chance Ollie, ffs
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 12:44]
Pav on 12:53 - Jan 22 with 2960 viewsridethewave

Pav on 00:30 - Jan 22 by LythamR

my solution at least for the rest of this season would be to scrap the current formation, go to a back 4 which we can do with onouha and robinson as CB . Furlong at left back and Bidwell Right back

Scowen and loungo (or cousins/manning) in the middle . Freeman on the left and Pawel on the right with 2 up front at home and against anyone apart from the toughest teams away

for the tough away games we drop one of the 2 strikers and bring in either manning or Cousins as a third midfielder with Loungo as the most advanced

even with the three CB's we conceed in almost every game so lets give it a crack going forward with our best players on the pitch

Both Pawel and freeman have the ability to beat men get to the line and cross back, lets get at teams properly and give our strikers something to work with

FREEMAN IS NOT A WINGER!

Why do you want to take our best player and change his position?!!!!!!!

Absolute madness - you'd probably keep Cousins at RWB too would you?

A novel idea I have, and admittedly it's a bit out-the-box, but I would personally try playing our best players in their best positions, just to see how this might work.
Pav on 13:05 - Jan 22 with 2922 viewsdaveB

Pav on 12:43 - Jan 22 by Dando

It is an utter disgrace that Pav is not playing, and if he does - its out of position. Why do we continue to make things so complicated, every damn week?

Pav is an excellent winger, and proved that last year, earning a new contract. Why do we continue to dent his confidence by pushing him further back, or not playing him at all???

Then theres Bidwell, a solid defender, who cannot and will not ever be able to attack! Time and time again he makes an attempt to run and has to check back and play it inside. Why on earth continue to play both of these out of position??? It drives me insane!

We can still fit Luongo, Freeman and Scowen into the side - by playing wingers. We are too narrow, every week! its typical for us, to have a rare good player and waste them, frustrate them and then watch them leave and succeed elsewhere.

I don't for one minute think we have an amazing squad, but why not make the most of what we have rather than continuing these tactics which are not playing to our strengths? We should have used the MK Dons game, to try a different system - with wingers. Give it a chance Ollie, ffs

to counter that Bidwell was left back for most of last season and was crap and Pawel was right winger for large chunks of the season and can only really remember a handful of games where he stood out.

That’s the main problem Holloway has, he can fix one problem but it creates other problems.

He could play a back 4 and 2 wingers as many seem to want but as has been seen every time we’ve played a back four we are cut apart far too easily, after we went to a back 4 on Saturday Boro had 3 one on ones. If Hall was fit I think we'd have a better chance of playing a back 4 but Robinson or Lynch have to play in a 3.

If we play with 2 wingers do we drop a midfield player to play 2 up front or play a lone striker. Playing one up front is easier to defend against and if it's Smith allows teams to push higher up and play in our half a lot easier.

The current system keeps being blamed for everything but switching it is not a magic button which will make us a better side.
Login to get fewer ads

Pav on 13:10 - Jan 22 with 2908 viewsMick_S

Pav on 12:43 - Jan 22 by Dando

Very much in agreement here. Stuff systems, they are only temporary - the right player in his correct and favoured position. Fancy that. Run fast, work hard and stop lumping it to people that are 5 feet eight.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Pav on 13:14 - Jan 22 with 2894 viewsheadhoops

Smithies
Furlong Onouha Robinson Manning
Luongo Scowen Freeman
Pav Sylla + (one from Eze, Smyth, OBS).

Go 4-3-3 as the attacking wing back master plan just ain't happening.

Our one true international and we use him as a bench warmer.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Pav on 14:17 - Jan 22 with 2815 viewsDando

Pav on 13:05 - Jan 22 by daveB

to counter that Bidwell was left back for most of last season and was crap and Pawel was right winger for large chunks of the season and can only really remember a handful of games where he stood out.

That’s the main problem Holloway has, he can fix one problem but it creates other problems.

He could play a back 4 and 2 wingers as many seem to want but as has been seen every time we’ve played a back four we are cut apart far too easily, after we went to a back 4 on Saturday Boro had 3 one on ones. If Hall was fit I think we'd have a better chance of playing a back 4 but Robinson or Lynch have to play in a 3.

If we play with 2 wingers do we drop a midfield player to play 2 up front or play a lone striker. Playing one up front is easier to defend against and if it's Smith allows teams to push higher up and play in our half a lot easier.

The current system keeps being blamed for everything but switching it is not a magic button which will make us a better side.

I just think because the system was working well earlier in the season, we are living in the past. Nobody can deny that the three in the middle are some of our best players/combination of players - but I feel this worked better when we were fitter than all teams going into the season. Now that others have caught up with the fitness, I dont see what advantage it brings to the side. As a combination, the 3 are great, but is the team suffering elsewhere because of it? I think freeman could play behind one of the striker, whilst still keeping Luongo and Scowen in the middle, with more pace on the wings - Pav and Bright for example. Would also take pressure off Bidwell trying to get forward when he clearly cannot do it
Pav on 14:42 - Jan 22 with 2786 viewsR_from_afar

"And yes I know you could argue we're not playing a system that allows his natural game to thrive; but really GOOD players would still shine regardless of system"

Spot on .

I think we are pandering to the players too much and finding yet another excuse to beat up Holloway and Birch. Most outfield players will have played in more than one position in their careers and asking a winger to play as a wingback is not a huge adjustment; it's not like they are being asked to do something completely different, like play at centre back or in goal. The very best managers often find a player's optimum position by playing them in initially unfamiliar roles.

I think Pav is quality and would like to see him get more game time, for example in place of BOS, but I doubt he will make a massive difference.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pav on 14:56 - Jan 22 with 2762 viewsQPR_John

Pav on 14:42 - Jan 22 by R_from_afar

"And yes I know you could argue we're not playing a system that allows his natural game to thrive; but really GOOD players would still shine regardless of system"

Spot on .

I think we are pandering to the players too much and finding yet another excuse to beat up Holloway and Birch. Most outfield players will have played in more than one position in their careers and asking a winger to play as a wingback is not a huge adjustment; it's not like they are being asked to do something completely different, like play at centre back or in goal. The very best managers often find a player's optimum position by playing them in initially unfamiliar roles.

I think Pav is quality and would like to see him get more game time, for example in place of BOS, but I doubt he will make a massive difference.

RFA

But that is the point we don't have really good players otherwise we would be in a better position. As for finding an excuse to beat up Holloway it is his responsibility. Either the players are not good enough when he should find a different formation or they are simply lazy and going through the motions when he should kick a few ar*es. The buck stops with the manager
Pav on 15:32 - Jan 22 with 2728 viewsPinnerPaul

Pav on 14:56 - Jan 22 by QPR_John

But that is the point we don't have really good players otherwise we would be in a better position. As for finding an excuse to beat up Holloway it is his responsibility. Either the players are not good enough when he should find a different formation or they are simply lazy and going through the motions when he should kick a few ar*es. The buck stops with the manager

which is fair enough - but only if the same applies when we win.

However as we know for the majority that's not the case.

Either the we were 'lucky', the oppo were rubbish or its down to the players.

Very rarely is IH credited with a win or good performance.
Pav on 18:21 - Jan 22 with 2661 viewsQPR_John

Pav on 15:32 - Jan 22 by PinnerPaul

which is fair enough - but only if the same applies when we win.

However as we know for the majority that's not the case.

Either the we were 'lucky', the oppo were rubbish or its down to the players.

Very rarely is IH credited with a win or good performance.

It does apply when we win whatever some might say. It is a fact
Pav on 18:54 - Jan 22 with 2641 viewsqpr1976

Are Chelski still keen on him ?????
Pav on 19:04 - Jan 22 with 2625 viewsLythamR

Pav on 12:53 - Jan 22 by ridethewave

FREEMAN IS NOT A WINGER!

Why do you want to take our best player and change his position?!!!!!!!

Absolute madness - you'd probably keep Cousins at RWB too would you?

A novel idea I have, and admittedly it's a bit out-the-box, but I would personally try playing our best players in their best positions, just to see how this might work.

There is no need to shout and that many exclamation marks cant be good for your health :)

and yes I know freeman isnt a winger but he can be effective getting crosses in from the left.

As i have stated before I thounk Freeman is much more dangerous going forward than Loungo but this is a potential solution for keeping/getting our best players on the pitch while still accommodating Loungo which Holloway seems determined to do and most on here would agree with.

Ideally I would sell Loungo and have Scowen and Freeman in the centre. There you go lets see how many exclamation maekrs we can generate with that
Pav on 23:35 - Jan 22 with 2470 viewsPunteR

Pav on 13:14 - Jan 22 by headhoops

Smithies
Furlong Onouha Robinson Manning
Luongo Scowen Freeman
Pav Sylla + (one from Eze, Smyth, OBS).

Go 4-3-3 as the attacking wing back master plan just ain't happening.

Our one true international and we use him as a bench warmer.

Manning at RB? Apart from that i would go with some similar. Bidwell RB for me.
I also think Freeman can do a job on the left in a 4231.

Pav on 08:22 - Jan 23 with 2336 viewsderbyhoop

Shouldnt professional players be able to play in a number of positions and different formations? That includes the 3-5-2 that we have played for most of this season. And we play it because it is the bestvsystem for what we have available.

The Barcelona academy, where my 6 year old grandson is training, try to ensure that the kids aren't restricting themselves to a single way of playing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Pav on 09:05 - Jan 23 with 2302 viewstoboboly

Pav on 08:22 - Jan 23 by derbyhoop

Shouldnt professional players be able to play in a number of positions and different formations? That includes the 3-5-2 that we have played for most of this season. And we play it because it is the bestvsystem for what we have available.

The Barcelona academy, where my 6 year old grandson is training, try to ensure that the kids aren't restricting themselves to a single way of playing.

Most payers can't use both feet let alone manage two positions. They should be able to, yes, but then they should also be able to live off of less than 50k a week.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Pav on 11:39 - Jan 23 with 2208 viewsWestbourneR

Pav on 23:35 - Jan 22 by PunteR

Manning at RB? Apart from that i would go with some similar. Bidwell RB for me.
I also think Freeman can do a job on the left in a 4231.

Why on earth would you play Bidwell at RB?? He’s a left footed left back and has only played left back for his entire career.

Furlong RB and Bidwell LB

Have to say that Perch was as his best by far at Left Back but everyone at the club has forgotten (happened under JFH). He was much better than Bidwell. I know Perch is not for but he’s getting there - he’s no good at CB or right back.

By the way Manning at left back is equally silly.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Pav on 12:26 - Jan 23 with 2167 viewsdaveB

Pav on 14:17 - Jan 22 by Dando

I just think because the system was working well earlier in the season, we are living in the past. Nobody can deny that the three in the middle are some of our best players/combination of players - but I feel this worked better when we were fitter than all teams going into the season. Now that others have caught up with the fitness, I dont see what advantage it brings to the side. As a combination, the 3 are great, but is the team suffering elsewhere because of it? I think freeman could play behind one of the striker, whilst still keeping Luongo and Scowen in the middle, with more pace on the wings - Pav and Bright for example. Would also take pressure off Bidwell trying to get forward when he clearly cannot do it

I just think it will be the same players and moving Freeman wide or Bidwell to left back wouldn't make any of them perform a great deal better.

I'll guarantee if Holloway plays around with the formation in the next few games and tries 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 then plenty will accuse him of tinkering and over thinking it.
Pav on 13:24 - Jan 23 with 2118 viewsPunteR

Pav on 11:39 - Jan 23 by WestbourneR

Why on earth would you play Bidwell at RB?? He’s a left footed left back and has only played left back for his entire career.

Furlong RB and Bidwell LB

Have to say that Perch was as his best by far at Left Back but everyone at the club has forgotten (happened under JFH). He was much better than Bidwell. I know Perch is not for but he’s getting there - he’s no good at CB or right back.

By the way Manning at left back is equally silly.

I meant LB.

Pav on 13:43 - Jan 23 with 2088 viewsTacticalR

Pav's face always seems wracked with great suffering. I don't know if that is due to playing in the wrong position or to spiritual doubts and a sense of nihilism. I think he might have a second career as a wandering Polish holy man.

Air hostess clique

Pav on 13:52 - Jan 23 with 2069 viewsMick_S

Pav on 13:43 - Jan 23 by TacticalR

Pav's face always seems wracked with great suffering. I don't know if that is due to playing in the wrong position or to spiritual doubts and a sense of nihilism. I think he might have a second career as a wandering Polish holy man.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024