Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 22:14 - Aug 25 with 8086 viewsganjR

Well on train to drop my son off and then come back through White City....
Obviously not good enough today, my son has now experienced life as a QPR fan in the cup....

Smithies 6 is a good keeper but hesitated a bit for their opener.
Furlong 6 better game for us, has potential but is still very raw
Hall 7 is someone (at 22?) who has real potential in my view, like the look of him but needs to work on where he heads his clearances out.
Hill 6 looked a bit shaky to me, but settled later.
Kpekawa 6 Poor start but grew into the game, still very very raw.
Doughty 6 some good passing on him, his early booking hindered him and a foot in front and it would've been a penalty.
Gobern 5 tidy but anonymous too often
JET 7 our best player today, will be frustrating and sublime in equal measures.
RGC 5 worked hard but lacked the quality, again still very raw.
Hoilett 4 pointless, loves a blind alley.
Polter 5 poor game I felt.
-
Chery came on too late, wasted a free kick and corner.
Comley wrong sub to bring on, won't be here next season.
Luongo too little time to do much.
-
Ramsey 5.. Wrong subs at wrong times, team were patient but too much so.
-
One other moan, how much noise did people in the concourses make during the minutes silence.
-
Oh. Should've had a penalty late on.
Usual QPR cup capitulation.
Just Back on 13:01 - Aug 26 with 1577 viewsbosh67

Just Back on 11:32 - Aug 26 by ganjR

He came here on trial and scored for fun.
He is here very cheaply and has a good attitude, he also excelled at college level so it was a no brainer to sign him, if we hadn't, there would've been outrage, remember Wanchope?
I agree that he should get a loan, so he can get first team pro football.
I think, though, that Furlong, Kpekawa, RGC, Comley, Lumley etc. also need short (long, in the case of RGC, Comley, Lumley) loans too. We would be taking a risk by loaning the full backs out though.

I agree. In this day and age both Allen and Goddard wouldn't have got a sniff and look how good they turned out to be. I've seen Blackwood 3 times and what I like about him is that he takes up good positions and when he gets the ball in those positions, he pulls the trigger and it either goes in or has to be saved. Surely we should be working with young players, and Les should be working with young strikers, to bring as much out of them as possible. Charlie came from non league, Les came from non league. I saw the first 2-3 games that Les played for us and I turned to my dad at the time and went, this guy's rubbish. He can't control a ball. Then he started finding his feet and confidence and the rest is history.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back on 13:15 - Aug 26 with 1540 viewssexton

It took more than a few games for Les to come good. He looked really poor when he first played. He'd have been slaughtered on the messageboards if they existed back then. It's only when he came back from a season in Turkey that he looked the part.
Just Back on 13:18 - Aug 26 with 1521 viewsJamie

Just Back on 13:01 - Aug 26 by bosh67

I agree. In this day and age both Allen and Goddard wouldn't have got a sniff and look how good they turned out to be. I've seen Blackwood 3 times and what I like about him is that he takes up good positions and when he gets the ball in those positions, he pulls the trigger and it either goes in or has to be saved. Surely we should be working with young players, and Les should be working with young strikers, to bring as much out of them as possible. Charlie came from non league, Les came from non league. I saw the first 2-3 games that Les played for us and I turned to my dad at the time and went, this guy's rubbish. He can't control a ball. Then he started finding his feet and confidence and the rest is history.

As said, the club will look to get him out on loan and see if he can play pro football.

The tone of Ramseys interview was that they didn't think he would make it but as he's basically here for nothing, they'll give him a chance.

The fact that MLS decided he wasn't amongst the top 75 college seniors last season despite having 4 years to watch him doesn't inspire too much confidence though.
Just Back on 13:22 - Aug 26 with 1506 viewsTacticalR

Just Back on 13:15 - Aug 26 by sexton

It took more than a few games for Les to come good. He looked really poor when he first played. He'd have been slaughtered on the messageboards if they existed back then. It's only when he came back from a season in Turkey that he looked the part.

Ron Phillips' story about how Gregory tried to get rid of Ferdinand
http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/21988

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024