Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would this team fair next season? 14:32 - Jul 3 with 1874 viewsBAWHoops

................................Green..........................
Simpson......Caulker.....Ferdinand.....Yun
.....................Barton.......Bryson................
Phillips..............Krancjar................Hoilett
............................Austin..................................

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

How would this team fair next season? on 14:38 - Jul 3 with 1851 viewssimmo

Onouha for Ferdinand
Bryson for Kranjcar
Faurlin next to Barton

Dependent on what squad players can support them ( mainly up front), I would be confident that team can survive.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How would this team fair next season? on 14:39 - Jul 3 with 1839 viewsPommyhoop

I see you've ditched Chief to squeeze Ferdinand in.
Not bad , but I'd put Crouch in for Austin and Scotty Parker for Barton..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

How would this team fair next season? on 14:43 - Jul 3 with 1830 viewsBluce_Ree

Relegated.

Austin won't get many goals. That midfield doesn't have many goals in them (at the top level).

Defence is okay but you need to be better than okay to stop Prem strikers scoring.

Green in goal will be worth a few points though.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

How would this team fair next season? on 14:49 - Jul 3 with 1805 viewsTHEBUSH

At the moment we have,

Cesar
Simpson, Ned, Dunne/Hill, Yun
Barton, Henry,
Phillips, Granero, Hoilett,
Charlie
How would this team fair next season? on 14:52 - Jul 3 with 1789 viewspaulparker

I would like to see something like this next year if possible

...................................Green..................................
...................Lacelles.....Rio....Ned ..........................
Simpson .........................................Young .................
.........................Lansbury Barton KI ............................
................................Borrini...........................................
................................Austin..........................................

Subs
Murphy
Phillips
Hoilett
Faurlin
Deeney
Dunne
Henry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How would this team fair next season? on 16:11 - Jul 3 with 1675 viewsjamois

To the OP, IMHO, probably relegated. Need more firepower, need Ferdinand on the bench if at all (I wouldn't sign him), if we do sign Bryson then he has to play in a more advanced role, Nico too old and slow - impact sub at best, Philips and Austin untested at this level - Charlie in particular may struggle - and Hoilett, well who knows. And why drop The Chief?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

How would this team fair next season? on 16:15 - Jul 3 with 1666 viewswhittocksRs

Why has everyone decided Charlie Austin is not good enough for this level. Grant f@cking Holt thrived in the Premier League, for god's sake.
How would this team fair next season? on 16:18 - Jul 3 with 1661 viewsjamois

How would this team fair next season? on 16:15 - Jul 3 by whittocksRs

Why has everyone decided Charlie Austin is not good enough for this level. Grant f@cking Holt thrived in the Premier League, for god's sake.

Has everyone written him off? I'm just suggesting that there's a yawning chasm between Prem and Champ defending. Charlie 'may' struggle to adapt. He may do very well, but it might take him a while to adapt his own game. In the meantime we still need to be scoring goals and we require good options.

Login to get fewer ads

How would this team fair next season? on 16:19 - Jul 3 with 1659 viewsAntti_Heinola

How would this team fair next season? on 16:15 - Jul 3 by whittocksRs

Agreed, Charlie will get goals - not tons, let's be realistic. But if he gets 10 that's a very good return indeed, and I think he can get 10.
Many clubs don't have a leading scorer much higher than 8 or 9.

The idea that we'll sign Krancjar is the most worrying thing about the OP for me. Total waste of time.

Bare bones.

How would this team fair next season? on 16:23 - Jul 3 with 1655 viewsA40Bosh

I think I would want to concentrate on more than just the starting 11 but look at each game based on who you bring on from the bench that would change enough games to keep us out of relegation

......................................Green.....................................
Simpson.............Ned..................A.N.Other............Yun
...................................Barton........Faurlin....................
Phillips.............................................................Traore..
................................A.N.Other....................................

...................................Austin......................................

Murphy
Hill
Dunne
Hoilett
A.N. Other x 3

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

How would this team fair next season? on 16:42 - Jul 3 with 1622 viewsbosh67

................................Green..........................
Simpson........Ned....Lascelles.......Yun
.....................Barton.......Thorne................
Phillips..............McCormack................Traore
............................Austin..................................
[Post edited 3 Jul 2014 16:51]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

How would this team fair next season? on 16:51 - Jul 3 with 1589 viewsTonto

looks like we can count out Bryson...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

How would this team fair next season? on 16:57 - Jul 3 with 1580 viewsessextaxiboy

I think this thread shows that despite us not wanting to repeat the past , to get a 25 that can compete we need to sign a few.
How would this team fair next season? on 18:04 - Jul 3 with 1488 views08olesen

Would take

.,..........Greeen
Simpson Ned Caulker Yun
..Barton Faurlin Granero
Hoilet....Austin......Traore

With Ferdinand, Dunne, Phillips, Henry, Hill on the bench with some other new signings

Poll: Who will the other play off

How would this team fair next season? on 18:12 - Jul 3 with 1476 viewsterryb

How would this team fair next season? on 18:04 - Jul 3 by 08olesen

Would take

.,..........Greeen
Simpson Ned Caulker Yun
..Barton Faurlin Granero
Hoilet....Austin......Traore

With Ferdinand, Dunne, Phillips, Henry, Hill on the bench with some other new signings

Apart from Phillips instead of Hoilet, that looks to me like a side that should avoid relegation with relative ease.

The chances that we play more than one up front would seem on the low sode to me.
How would this team fair next season? on 18:28 - Jul 3 with 1449 viewseghamranger

Don't want Niko back, too slow and injury prone. Will be top heavy with centre backs at this rate. Need a Striker, can't survive on Austin and Zamora in the PL. Need a quality striker not rubbish loans like keane and Maiga.

Actually seems like we will get it right this year
How would this team fair next season? on 18:28 - Jul 3 with 1448 viewsDANRANGER

At the moment our central midfield needs vast improvement. I can't see faurlin playing and Barton is not able to control games at pl level. Someone like Bradley for me would definitely improve the midfield and then we still need a creative spark. Just hope Harry's got some good ideas on improving centrally.
How would this team fair next season? on 18:45 - Jul 3 with 1428 viewsjamois

I think taxiboy had it right - quality additions required everywhere.

Can anyone explain/suggest - who is going to be our defensive midfielder tasked with protecting the back 4, breaking up opponents play and releasing the midfield to play? Who is that bloke - is it supposed to be Joey Barton? And further to that, who plays next to this mystery man in central midfield to link the midfield with our attacking 3 or 4?

How would this team fair next season? on 00:55 - Jul 4 with 1266 viewsjimlav

How would this team fair next season? on 16:23 - Jul 3 by A40Bosh

I think I would want to concentrate on more than just the starting 11 but look at each game based on who you bring on from the bench that would change enough games to keep us out of relegation

......................................Green.....................................
Simpson.............Ned..................A.N.Other............Yun
...................................Barton........Faurlin....................
Phillips.............................................................Traore..
................................A.N.Other....................................

...................................Austin......................................

Murphy
Hill
Dunne
Hoilett
A.N. Other x 3

This looks a realistic template, though having flashed in a couple of games Yun may or may not be the answer in the league above and we are not certain what we will get with Ale. At best he might take a little while to get back into it, as he did last time.
Looks like we need some attacking depth and a creative '10'. Easier said than done to come by....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024