Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pressure mounting on Russ. 15:12 - Sep 4 with 7067 viewsReslovenSwan1

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-russell-martin-fighting-for-his-job

He got an awful lot of patience at Swansea from the owners who wanted to give him even more time with a new deal.

He was not happy with them and jumped into a place where there is no patience at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 16:30 - Sep 4 with 3249 viewsGixerJack

Russell who???
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 16:34 - Sep 4 with 3226 viewsWhiterockin

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 16:30 - Sep 4 by GixerJack

Russell who???

Most have moved on.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 16:43 - Sep 4 with 3188 viewsonehunglow

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 16:34 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Most have moved on.

Well,his legacy remains in the firm of Lipuke Williams

My opinions of him are well known and I stand by every word

He did nothing at all good for our club

He won’t boast this season where he is. He could be gone by Christmas .

He will have a big pay off

Beautiful work

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 17:35 - Sep 4 with 3127 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think there are similarities here,

"Some in the Southampton boardroom want Martin to adopt a more pragmatic style to churn out Premier League results.

However, Martin is adamant he won’t change the playing style regardless of the results that his team suffers"

When Martin was here he refused to change his style, something about he'd rather lose his way than win another way. Maybe it actually turns out that Martin isn't a great manager, he's a one trick pony with a really poor product unless he has a LOT of money to spend.
Pissession without purpose is pointless, maybe LW needs to remember that.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:04 - Sep 4 with 3073 viewspencoedjack

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 17:35 - Sep 4 by SullutaCreturned

I think there are similarities here,

"Some in the Southampton boardroom want Martin to adopt a more pragmatic style to churn out Premier League results.

However, Martin is adamant he won’t change the playing style regardless of the results that his team suffers"

When Martin was here he refused to change his style, something about he'd rather lose his way than win another way. Maybe it actually turns out that Martin isn't a great manager, he's a one trick pony with a really poor product unless he has a LOT of money to spend.
Pissession without purpose is pointless, maybe LW needs to remember that.

He did change tactics here & got us into the play offs which got him the gig at Southampton ( to little to late imo)

A crap manager who thinks he can be the next Pep.

My most disliked manager of Swansea who is deemed some kind of messiah by quite a few Swans fans.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:12 - Sep 4 with 3045 viewsReslovenSwan1

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:04 - Sep 4 by pencoedjack

He did change tactics here & got us into the play offs which got him the gig at Southampton ( to little to late imo)

My most disliked manager of Swansea who is deemed some kind of messiah by quite a few Swans fans.

He made it clear he did not like the " ownership group" claiming the reasonable claim against him breaking his contract "was personal".

With hindsight perhaps he will understand they cut him a lot of slack with regard to patience and getting him the signings he wanted. Silverstein in particular seemed unhappy at him jumping ship.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:42 - Sep 4 with 2972 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:04 - Sep 4 by pencoedjack

He didn't get us into the play offs, we were 3 points short. That was 100% down to his intransigence in refusing to change tactics sooner. We under achieved in his time here and it was all his fault.

O know he still has his supporters here by maybe they should be asking themselves now, is he really any good when his stubborn approach can be so costly? He should be doing what is best for the club, his ego won't allow him that though, it's his way or bust.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:48 - Sep 4 with 2953 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 16:43 - Sep 4 by onehunglow

Well,his legacy remains in the firm of Lipuke Williams

My opinions of him are well known and I stand by every word

He did nothing at all good for our club

He won’t boast this season where he is. He could be gone by Christmas .

He will have a big pay off

Beautiful work

Flynn Downes 11M or more
Developing Piroe for a big sale.

Introduced a style of play that when it worked was impressive, it didn’t always.

Took the club within three points of the play offs. Albeit after an appalling run before.

Both sides.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:01 - Sep 4 with 2910 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:48 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

Flynn Downes 11M or more
Developing Piroe for a big sale.

Introduced a style of play that when it worked was impressive, it didn’t always.

Took the club within three points of the play offs. Albeit after an appalling run before.

Both sides.

When it worked, 3 wins in 21 games before he made changes, not so impressive really.

If he'd been more pragmatic we'd have probably made the play offs but he refused to change for too long just as he's refusing now at Southampton and it may soon cost him his job.
Some people were certain he'd be a success there. Maybe not.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:08 - Sep 4 with 2880 viewspencoedjack

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:42 - Sep 4 by SullutaCreturned

He didn't get us into the play offs, we were 3 points short. That was 100% down to his intransigence in refusing to change tactics sooner. We under achieved in his time here and it was all his fault.

O know he still has his supporters here by maybe they should be asking themselves now, is he really any good when his stubborn approach can be so costly? He should be doing what is best for the club, his ego won't allow him that though, it's his way or bust.

I stand corrected 👍
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:11 - Sep 4 with 2879 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:01 - Sep 4 by SullutaCreturned

When it worked, 3 wins in 21 games before he made changes, not so impressive really.

If he'd been more pragmatic we'd have probably made the play offs but he refused to change for too long just as he's refusing now at Southampton and it may soon cost him his job.

I’ve made that clear already.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:20 - Sep 4 with 2842 viewsKeithHaynes

He has been a success, they are just reflecting on three games.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:27 - Sep 4 with 2814 viewsAnotherJohn

The sad thing about missing out on the play-offs by 3 points under Russ is that it looks as if that season was the last when we had the resources to push for a top 6 finish. As we slowly drift downhill after our EPL days, the quality in our squad is slipping away. Our most saleable assets have gone and we are having to operate with a modest budget.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:37 - Sep 4 with 2779 viewsJust_Dave

It's very unlikely he'll be given as much time at Southampton as he was with us if results don't improve. That said look at Burnley and Kompany last season, they were wide open all season but was supported then buggered off to Bayern! That's loyalty for you . Best bit of failing upwards I've seen.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:50 - Sep 4 with 2741 viewsPawelAbbott

The guy is a total fraud.
I could never understand why anyone believed his "trust the process" rubbish!!
It's fine when you're Alex Ferguson. But when the best you've ever done is 13th in League One with MK Don's, then it is unbelievably arrogant
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:51 - Sep 4 with 2738 viewsbuilthjack

I believe he took Southampton up last season.
3 games in isn’t the right time to judge.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:53 - Sep 4 with 2736 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:50 - Sep 4 by PawelAbbott

The guy is a total fraud.
I could never understand why anyone believed his "trust the process" rubbish!!
It's fine when you're Alex Ferguson. But when the best you've ever done is 13th in League One with MK Don's, then it is unbelievably arrogant

What’s your interpretation of a fraud ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:18 - Sep 4 with 2632 viewsPawelAbbott

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:53 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

What’s your interpretation of a fraud ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Someone who believes, and attempts to make everyone else believe, that they are something that they are not.
When you lay claim to having a process that will bring success, when you have no proof at all that it will. Even when said process is leading to failure, espousing that the process will come right when you have no idea if it will.
A modern day snake oil salesman. Keep using the oil, trust in the oil. Don't stop using the oil or its effects won't work.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:27 - Sep 4 with 2598 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:18 - Sep 4 by PawelAbbott

Someone who believes, and attempts to make everyone else believe, that they are something that they are not.
When you lay claim to having a process that will bring success, when you have no proof at all that it will. Even when said process is leading to failure, espousing that the process will come right when you have no idea if it will.
A modern day snake oil salesman. Keep using the oil, trust in the oil. Don't stop using the oil or its effects won't work.

It a good answer.

But he is a premier league manager as a result. Just like Potter and Cooper before him.

His proof is already there for all to see. Maybe when he comes back we will be more supportive 😉

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:38 - Sep 4 with 2568 viewsPawelAbbott

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:27 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

It a good answer.

But he is a premier league manager as a result. Just like Potter and Cooper before him.

His proof is already there for all to see. Maybe when he comes back we will be more supportive 😉

He is a good salesman, a very polished appearance and very articulate. After two mid-table finishes with MK Don's he gets the job with us based on his style of play rather than results.
Two mid-table finishes with us and he gets the Southampton job. In his second season we went 24 games without a win.
It's hard to reason how, in a results focused business, he gets the job offers, but he does.
Both clubs were in a position where the fan base were unhappy with the direct style of his predecessor.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:44 - Sep 4 with 2542 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:38 - Sep 4 by PawelAbbott

He is a good salesman, a very polished appearance and very articulate. After two mid-table finishes with MK Don's he gets the job with us based on his style of play rather than results.
Two mid-table finishes with us and he gets the Southampton job. In his second season we went 24 games without a win.
It's hard to reason how, in a results focused business, he gets the job offers, but he does.
Both clubs were in a position where the fan base were unhappy with the direct style of his predecessor.

Southampton wanted a manager to get them into the premier league, he achieved that, for doing that his stock will remain high for now. If he keeps Southampton up, he may even get another top flight job.

We know that’s how football works.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:53 - Sep 4 with 2486 viewsDr_Winston

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:27 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

It a good answer.

He's a manager in the Premier League. So was Bob Bradley once.

Time will tell if he's a Premier League Manager. So far the signs are not good.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 22:58 - Sep 4 with 2321 viewsonehunglow

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:38 - Sep 4 by PawelAbbott

His popularity with our fans was astounding considering his results

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 23:26 - Sep 4 with 2299 viewsReslovenSwan1

I believe Kaplan came over and gave him a pep talk which may have involved relieving him of his duties in the infamous London meeting. I have had one or two rollicking in my time and have to admit they worked and I focused better afterwards.

Martin knew he had to get results to save his neck and possibly worked as he went on a good run after the pep talk. I doubt he would thank Kaplan. The ownership told Martin there was no new striker as he had Morgan Whittaker. There was no new striker with Morgan stinking out the place. Laudrup did not seem to like Danny Graham but still got a good fee for him. Same perhaps with McBurnie and Potter

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 23:41 - Sep 4 with 2284 viewsFireboy2

'I believe Kaplan came over and gave him a pep talk which may have involved relieving him of his duties in the infamous London meeting. I have had one or two rollicking in my time and have to admit they worked and I focused better afterwards'

'I believe'

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stop it, please, I have literally p!ssed myself laughing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024