Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vipotnick 21:49 - Aug 28 with 7288 viewsTomsyard

That must be the worst no.9 performance I’ve ever seen. No wonder he hardly ever touches the ball as his movement is non existent. I’ve never seen such a static centre forward, it was shocking. He makes it impossible for a team mate to find him in fact he makes almost every ball into the box look really bad, how can they find him when he’s stood still constantly, he was/is awful
[Post edited 28 Aug 21:59]
Vipotnick on 21:57 - Aug 28 with 3882 viewsmax936

His positioning sense is that he hasn't got any!

Cullen looks a far better option, that's how bad he looks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Vipotnick on 22:00 - Aug 28 with 3837 viewsWhiterockin

Vipotnick on 21:57 - Aug 28 by max936

His positioning sense is that he hasn't got any!

Cullen looks a far better option, that's how bad he looks.

Yet we will not give Cullen a new contract, lose him and we are buggered this season.
Vipotnick on 22:03 - Aug 28 with 3784 viewsJ_Swan

Couldn’t agree more. Makes every cross look appalling. He actually ran away from one cross. General service to his feet could be better, granted, but needs to move, put himself about and hold the ball when it does come. Twice they simply went though him and he fell on the turf.
Vipotnick on 22:09 - Aug 28 with 3713 viewsswancity

He’s been dreadful so far. Slow ( in movement and thinking ) ponderous and hardly looking like a Championship player yet. Unless he’s getting fitter and sharper he won’t be good enough and that’s a certainty …

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Vipotnick on 22:16 - Aug 28 with 3622 viewsBoundy

Yates anyone? , Poor all round imo as said , positioning and movement was poor and with long spells of being anonymous , not looking good , again.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Vipotnick on 22:16 - Aug 28 with 3622 viewsAnotherJohn

Coming from a struggling La Ligue 2 team to the Championship was a big step up and perhaps some expected too much. Unfortunately, tonight he did not look a threat against a makeshift L1 defence, especially in the air.
Vipotnick on 22:20 - Aug 28 with 3578 viewsunion_jack

Vipotnick on 22:00 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

Yet we will not give Cullen a new contract, lose him and we are buggered this season.

My God, has it come to this??😢

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Vipotnick on 22:23 - Aug 28 with 3542 viewsWhiterockin

Vipotnick on 22:16 - Aug 28 by AnotherJohn

Coming from a struggling La Ligue 2 team to the Championship was a big step up and perhaps some expected too much. Unfortunately, tonight he did not look a threat against a makeshift L1 defence, especially in the air.

As I have said on other threads, cheap European players are cheap for a reason. The recruitment team are not the brightest.
[Post edited 28 Aug 22:26]
Login to get fewer ads

Vipotnick on 22:29 - Aug 28 with 3449 viewsGVJack

He was the end result of a real lacklustre and passive team effort. Don't write him off just yet. In a team that wants to play attacking football and get balls into the box on a regular basis he could shine. But I agree on tonights performance he contributed to a very overall poor team performance
Vipotnick on 22:32 - Aug 28 with 3420 viewsReslovenSwan1

Vipotnick on 22:29 - Aug 28 by GVJack

He was the end result of a real lacklustre and passive team effort. Don't write him off just yet. In a team that wants to play attacking football and get balls into the box on a regular basis he could shine. But I agree on tonights performance he contributed to a very overall poor team performance

The captain and senior players set out the tempo and team structure. It is clearly a problem. No drive no energy come from the leadership not the new kids on the block

Wise sage since Toshack era

Vipotnick on 22:33 - Aug 28 with 3412 viewsmax936

Vipotnick on 22:23 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

As I have said on other threads, cheap European players are cheap for a reason. The recruitment team are not the brightest.
[Post edited 28 Aug 22:26]

Are any of them "running" the club, these players have only just joined they are gonna take time as I said a day or so ago, that the Championship is a hard tough league, I suspect that these new guys wouldn't have experienced anything like it in their careers so far.
Bianchini improved as the game went on he looks a big quick skilful player on tonight's showing.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Vipotnick on 22:37 - Aug 28 with 3361 viewsWhiterockin

Vipotnick on 22:33 - Aug 28 by max936

Are any of them "running" the club, these players have only just joined they are gonna take time as I said a day or so ago, that the Championship is a hard tough league, I suspect that these new guys wouldn't have experienced anything like it in their careers so far.
Bianchini improved as the game went on he looks a big quick skilful player on tonight's showing.

We were not playing a top championship club, hopefully this is a reality check for the owners, we have 2 day's left.
[Post edited 28 Aug 22:38]
Vipotnick on 22:46 - Aug 28 with 3288 viewsThrasher6

Vipotnick on 22:09 - Aug 28 by swancity

He’s been dreadful so far. Slow ( in movement and thinking ) ponderous and hardly looking like a Championship player yet. Unless he’s getting fitter and sharper he won’t be good enough and that’s a certainty …

I'm not sure...but he frightens me. About how slow he is. He looks to be carrying too much weight...he really does...but the 2 lard arses that played up front for Cardiff...seem to put my argument away. Big lumps and the EFL...do seem to fit.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Vipotnick on 22:54 - Aug 28 with 3198 viewsLandore_Jack

He was anonymous tonight. He was ineffective last Sunday. I hope he isn't worse than the Ukrainian striker we let go.

#backtojack

Vipotnick on 22:58 - Aug 28 with 3153 viewsTomsyard

Vipotnick on 22:33 - Aug 28 by max936

I’m not talking about his overall ability and all players have poor games but it is totally unacceptable to play in such an in affective and passive way and his reading of the game was also awful and the most obvious example was the great cross from the left wing from Grimes which he just had to make a move across the keeper, who had to stretch to get it, but he kept at the back post hoping something might happen rather then making it happen. If he’d gone for it and he put it over the bar we’d all have a moan but at least he would have tried to influence the situation. I don’t know, perhaps he’s still getting up to speed, getting fitter, perhaps I’m watching his game and being over critical, who knows
Vipotnick on 22:58 - Aug 28 with 3144 viewsRichardO

Vipotnick on 22:37 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

We were not playing a top championship club, hopefully this is a reality check for the owners, we have 2 day's left.
[Post edited 28 Aug 22:38]

Second reality check in 4 days. No way you can judge Vipotnik yet the service to him today was non existent, the support around him was non existent, the movement to bring him into play was non existent he ended up trying to beat three players because of the lack of support.
Vipotnick on 23:16 - Aug 28 with 3034 viewsTomsyard

Vipotnick on 22:58 - Aug 28 by RichardO

Second reality check in 4 days. No way you can judge Vipotnik yet the service to him today was non existent, the support around him was non existent, the movement to bring him into play was non existent he ended up trying to beat three players because of the lack of support.

Totally disagree. He hid for the whole game, he made no runs past defenders, he didn’t create any angles to receive the ball, he didn’t make runs to move defenders about to create space, he didn’t go and receive the ball and bring other players into the game, he didn’t attack crosses into the box, he was shocking. You can’t blame other players for not supporting him when he never did any of the above
Vipotnick on 23:32 - Aug 28 with 2932 viewsRichardO

Vipotnick on 23:16 - Aug 28 by Tomsyard

Totally disagree. He hid for the whole game, he made no runs past defenders, he didn’t create any angles to receive the ball, he didn’t make runs to move defenders about to create space, he didn’t go and receive the ball and bring other players into the game, he didn’t attack crosses into the box, he was shocking. You can’t blame other players for not supporting him when he never did any of the above

There was absolutely no play coming through the middle of the Park, if he is in the position to make the rums but they aren't coming whose fault is that chicken and egg scenario.
Found it quite ironic that Grimes has made a run forward and wanted the through ball and low and behold the pass never happened, Cullen has been accused of being static and awful but if the ball just not coming that is not his fault.
Do I think he is a good striker I don't know yet but that shocking team preformsnce is down to the coaches desired playing style.
Vipotnick on 06:53 - Aug 29 with 2614 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 23:32 - Aug 28 by RichardO

There was absolutely no play coming through the middle of the Park, if he is in the position to make the rums but they aren't coming whose fault is that chicken and egg scenario.
Found it quite ironic that Grimes has made a run forward and wanted the through ball and low and behold the pass never happened, Cullen has been accused of being static and awful but if the ball just not coming that is not his fault.
Do I think he is a good striker I don't know yet but that shocking team preformsnce is down to the coaches desired playing style.

I’m not sure you can absolve him of blame there. Yes the service was between poor and non existent, but he was pretty much anonymous all game.

Wasn’t making runs, demanding the ball, didn’t put himself about, he just let the game pass him by.

I’m not going to write a player off after a couple of games, especially when he’s clearly not up to speed, but that was a concerning performance.
Vipotnick on 07:43 - Aug 29 with 2530 viewsnantywatcher

Vipotnick on 23:16 - Aug 28 by Tomsyard

Spot on! The recruitment team need shooting, he will never be anywhere good enough for the Championship, far worse than Yates, which I thought was impossible.. To try and throw any blame on the midfield or any other players is a disgrace, when you've got a striker who is not interested in finding space or creating options. And don't get me started on his lack of competition in the air. Another Watson gem.
Vipotnick on 07:47 - Aug 29 with 2515 viewssons_of_omri

So a player good enough for the Euros has just been binned by tomsyard. And I bet he thinks Grimes is one of the best midfielders in the league too. I think I have a bridge he may be interested in ………
Vipotnick on 08:08 - Aug 29 with 2443 viewsRichardO

Vipotnick on 06:53 - Aug 29 by jack247

I’m not sure you can absolve him of blame there. Yes the service was between poor and non existent, but he was pretty much anonymous all game.

Wasn’t making runs, demanding the ball, didn’t put himself about, he just let the game pass him by.

I’m not going to write a player off after a couple of games, especially when he’s clearly not up to speed, but that was a concerning performance.

And yet he was doing what was asked of him when not I'm possession he was a lone forward trying to close down the ball up top with very little idea or support in how to do it,very much like it ended up in the second half against Cardiff. I'm all for the wingers creating width as we are in possession but there are times they need to get closer to the centre forward feeding him balls to feet o pull defences anout to or tuck in the middle to prevent the opposition's play cutting us apart with our midfielders lying so deep it is just an invitation to do so, add to that insisting the full back pushed up high it leaves gaps in behind them pulling our centre half out of the middle making us vulnerable yesterday's preformance was not down to individual player it was down to the lack of cohesion as a team in defence.
Our team play is slow and ponderous any chance for room for a centre forward is snuffed out.On Saturday we saw the two halves of polar opposites of how good and bad our play can be in and out of possession., that was down to the coaches tactics we didn't adapt in the second half, yesterday we didn't adapt from the start.
Yesterday I was amazed to see us in the end to see us taking free kicks quickly to up the tempo by that time they had camped in their half defending well.
Vipotnick on 08:10 - Aug 29 with 2440 viewsDr_Winston

Deja Vu...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vipotnick on 08:22 - Aug 29 with 2382 viewsonehunglow

He’s slow and he’s limited but he’s also pretty isolated in this chaotic system we have .
Haarland wouod struggle in our set up although he’d probably deck our captain Stroller

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Vipotnick on 09:18 - Aug 29 with 2267 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 08:08 - Aug 29 by RichardO

And yet he was doing what was asked of him when not I'm possession he was a lone forward trying to close down the ball up top with very little idea or support in how to do it,very much like it ended up in the second half against Cardiff. I'm all for the wingers creating width as we are in possession but there are times they need to get closer to the centre forward feeding him balls to feet o pull defences anout to or tuck in the middle to prevent the opposition's play cutting us apart with our midfielders lying so deep it is just an invitation to do so, add to that insisting the full back pushed up high it leaves gaps in behind them pulling our centre half out of the middle making us vulnerable yesterday's preformance was not down to individual player it was down to the lack of cohesion as a team in defence.
Our team play is slow and ponderous any chance for room for a centre forward is snuffed out.On Saturday we saw the two halves of polar opposites of how good and bad our play can be in and out of possession., that was down to the coaches tactics we didn't adapt in the second half, yesterday we didn't adapt from the start.
Yesterday I was amazed to see us in the end to see us taking free kicks quickly to up the tempo by that time they had camped in their half defending well.

Yeah that’s great and he did do that, but he’s got to work when we’re in possession as well. We are most of the time.

He’s clearly not match fit, he’s using a lot of his energy pressing fruitlessly on his own, then not busting a gut to give options to the players behind him or making runs for crosses when we’ve got it out wide.

Whether people rate Williams or not, we’ve certainly progressed our intricate passing moves from the edge of our own box to at least within the opposition half. When a striker is as anonymous as that and we don’t have an Ntcham to break through a defence, it’s no surprise we’ve got no penetration.

As has been said, he wouldn’t be at the Euros without something about him and it’s way to early to judge a player, but that performance was nowhere near acceptable. Yates would have (rightly) been slaughtered for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024