Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata Steel 19:27 - Jun 27 with 5310 viewsraynor94

Have responded to the strikes, by fetching forward the shutdown of both Furnaces from September to July 7th.

What a sad situation, this will be the decimation of Port Talbot as a Town
[Post edited 27 Jun 19:27]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata Steel on 15:03 - Jul 7 with 440 viewsDr_Winston

Tata Steel on 13:43 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

Had we not had furlough, the consequences would have literally proved fatal.
Nowadays,the hindsight merchants can feel free to post their conspiracies .
Fact is Covid caught the world out and we tried to be smart arses
99.9 % survival ? Must be unlucky as the 0.1% seemed to be chums of mine
Vaccine was the reason life got back to something like normality
How would Labour have handled it?
Hmm

It's not hindsight if people were saying it at the time. Most lockdown measures were unnecessary, wasteful and have led to more deaths as a result of them than if we had done nothing.

It's not a conspiracy to state that Goverments worldwide panicked, and egged on by media and their own citizens threw away decades worth of Pandemic planning and rewrote the rules on the fly. I mean, how on Earth did we get to a situation where people were grassing their neighbours up for meeting friends and family outdoors? You begin to understand how the Stasi got established in East Germany.

Sweden stuck to previously accepted procedures and weathered the whole thing just fine.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tata Steel on 15:21 - Jul 7 with 417 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 15:03 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

It's not hindsight if people were saying it at the time. Most lockdown measures were unnecessary, wasteful and have led to more deaths as a result of them than if we had done nothing.

It's not a conspiracy to state that Goverments worldwide panicked, and egged on by media and their own citizens threw away decades worth of Pandemic planning and rewrote the rules on the fly. I mean, how on Earth did we get to a situation where people were grassing their neighbours up for meeting friends and family outdoors? You begin to understand how the Stasi got established in East Germany.

Sweden stuck to previously accepted procedures and weathered the whole thing just fine.

Don’t agree Win.
What we should have done was lock down earlier and enforced it .
By the time we had it was too late S it already had a grip that strangled us.
Countless clowns refused to wear a piece of cloth laughingly giving mental reasons .
Swedish people are far more compliant than us and will conform ,whereas we do not like to do so .

It was @ time we lived through and we came out of it the other side ,and that is all that matters.
We are still here to jaust with e@ch other. I’m glad that is so .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tata Steel on 15:39 - Jul 7 with 396 viewsDr_Winston

Tata Steel on 15:21 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

Don’t agree Win.
What we should have done was lock down earlier and enforced it .
By the time we had it was too late S it already had a grip that strangled us.
Countless clowns refused to wear a piece of cloth laughingly giving mental reasons .
Swedish people are far more compliant than us and will conform ,whereas we do not like to do so .

It was @ time we lived through and we came out of it the other side ,and that is all that matters.
We are still here to jaust with e@ch other. I’m glad that is so .

Restricting people's ability to go outdoors when the risk of acquiring respiratory viruses in the open air is known to be almost zero was one of the most catastrophically stupid decisions in the history of stupid decisions.

Closing schools and colleges has led to a mental health crisis we will be dealing with for decades. There are plenty of 18-19-20 year olds who haven't left their homes in four years thanks to this. You call it "laughingly".

It's easy for people to demand more lockdowns when they can cheerfully bunker up in the garden with a couple of nice bottles of red and a pension/furlough and ride it out. Otherwise it was a massive betrayal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tata Steel on 19:01 - Jul 7 with 324 viewswaynekerr55

Tata Steel on 15:39 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

Restricting people's ability to go outdoors when the risk of acquiring respiratory viruses in the open air is known to be almost zero was one of the most catastrophically stupid decisions in the history of stupid decisions.

Closing schools and colleges has led to a mental health crisis we will be dealing with for decades. There are plenty of 18-19-20 year olds who haven't left their homes in four years thanks to this. You call it "laughingly".

It's easy for people to demand more lockdowns when they can cheerfully bunker up in the garden with a couple of nice bottles of red and a pension/furlough and ride it out. Otherwise it was a massive betrayal.

I think there's a middle ground here. The problem is (and was) that the state of the nations health wouldn't have allowed us not to lock down.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tata Steel on 19:31 - Jul 7 with 312 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 19:01 - Jul 7 by waynekerr55

I think there's a middle ground here. The problem is (and was) that the state of the nations health wouldn't have allowed us not to lock down.

I’ve had two cracking replies from The Winston.
I’m happy with that

BTW,did you get my undraped photos in Greece ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tata Steel on 19:57 - Jul 7 with 286 viewsDr_Winston

Tata Steel on 19:01 - Jul 7 by waynekerr55

Yes it would have.

If we'd stuck with the original plan to protect the vulnerable whilst letting everyone else get on with it we'd be in a better state now. If you were under the age of 80 with no other real health issues your chances of dying from Covid were basically zero. The number of people with Covid and only Covid listed on their death certificates last time I looked was less than 10,000. Half a bad flu season.

The number of people dying now from undiagnosed cancers and other medical issues that went untreated during Covid will far outstrip even the "official" death toll if it hasn't already.

I'm not saying place no restrictions at all. Putting a limit on mass gatherings for a while was probably a good idea. Closing down schools and businesses wholesale? Preventing any crowds at all during sporting events? Completely unnecessary.
[Post edited 7 Jul 19:58]

Tata Steel on 20:22 - Jul 7 with 261 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tata Steel on 19:57 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

Yes it would have.

If we'd stuck with the original plan to protect the vulnerable whilst letting everyone else get on with it we'd be in a better state now. If you were under the age of 80 with no other real health issues your chances of dying from Covid were basically zero. The number of people with Covid and only Covid listed on their death certificates last time I looked was less than 10,000. Half a bad flu season.

The number of people dying now from undiagnosed cancers and other medical issues that went untreated during Covid will far outstrip even the "official" death toll if it hasn't already.

I'm not saying place no restrictions at all. Putting a limit on mass gatherings for a while was probably a good idea. Closing down schools and businesses wholesale? Preventing any crowds at all during sporting events? Completely unnecessary.
[Post edited 7 Jul 19:58]

I see Sir Patrick Valence, ex GSK multi-millionaire has been installed by the new Government in a head of science position, expect more absurd decisions.

PS Vallance unlike Whitty chose to slag off the old Government at the Covid enquiry and now finds himself a very influential position at the heart of the new Government, good news for him and his mates.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Tata Steel on 20:34 - Jul 7 with 257 viewsDr_Winston

Tata Steel on 20:22 - Jul 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

I see Sir Patrick Valence, ex GSK multi-millionaire has been installed by the new Government in a head of science position, expect more absurd decisions.

PS Vallance unlike Whitty chose to slag off the old Government at the Covid enquiry and now finds himself a very influential position at the heart of the new Government, good news for him and his mates.

I've got no time for vaccine denial. The vaccines were what allowed us to start getting back to normal, even if it took a bit longer in Wales.

From what I can gather via the ongoing inquest and other places, the scientific community (Whitty, Valence and others) were quite happy to go along with the existing plan. Cummings et all wanted to just let the virus rip. Johnson eventually caved to pressure and some deeply flawed modelling from Ferguson and ordered restrictions far beyond what was necessary.

Login to get fewer ads

Tata Steel on 20:52 - Jul 7 with 223 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tata Steel on 20:34 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

I've got no time for vaccine denial. The vaccines were what allowed us to start getting back to normal, even if it took a bit longer in Wales.

From what I can gather via the ongoing inquest and other places, the scientific community (Whitty, Valence and others) were quite happy to go along with the existing plan. Cummings et all wanted to just let the virus rip. Johnson eventually caved to pressure and some deeply flawed modelling from Ferguson and ordered restrictions far beyond what was necessary.

My point was not about vaccines but your later point combined with the fact that this guy ( and his network) has very significant vested interests and now has a top role in government decision making.

Tata Steel on 20:55 - Jul 7 with 221 viewsDr_Winston

Tata Steel on 20:52 - Jul 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

My point was not about vaccines but your later point combined with the fact that this guy ( and his network) has very significant vested interests and now has a top role in government decision making.

I think it's fairly apparent that big swathes of the senior civil service and associated technocrats have been anxiously awaiting an incoming Labour Government.

I was quite disappointed that Dominic Cummings failed in his ambition to burn most of it down.

Tata Steel on 23:32 - Jul 7 with 179 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tata Steel on 20:55 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

I think it's fairly apparent that big swathes of the senior civil service and associated technocrats have been anxiously awaiting an incoming Labour Government.

I was quite disappointed that Dominic Cummings failed in his ambition to burn most of it down.

Yes, and it's worth considering what could motivate these people. Using Valance as an example, very rich and a long standing influencer of an industry and who sits on a number of advisory bodies, he decides to move to an executive position in government?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024