Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tainted First Minister 13:29 - Apr 28 with 26825 viewsSullutaCreturned

Meet vaughn Gething, the First Minister who managed to screw his job up before he'd even actually been given it,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/real-fury-behind-scenes-welsh-290647

The fact that Gething apparently cannot see what is wrong here, cannot see the conflict, surely it marks him down as unsuitable to be in politics let alone be leader of our country?
The tainted First Minister on 11:53 - Jul 16 with 1108 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 11:43 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

He did his best to brazen his way through it, but ultimately had to be embarrassed out of the job.

Arrogant berk.

As I just posted on the 4 ministers resign thread, good riddance.
The tainted First Minister on 12:31 - Jul 16 with 1069 viewsonehunglow

Messy really

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The tainted First Minister on 12:37 - Jul 16 with 1058 viewsWitneyjack

Am I misreading his statement or is he hinting his forced resignation is racially motivated?

"To those in Wales who look like me - many of whom I know feel personally bruised and worried by this moment, I know that our country can be better. I know that cannot happen without us."
The tainted First Minister on 12:46 - Jul 16 with 1040 viewsDr_Winston

The tainted First Minister on 12:37 - Jul 16 by Witneyjack

Am I misreading his statement or is he hinting his forced resignation is racially motivated?

"To those in Wales who look like me - many of whom I know feel personally bruised and worried by this moment, I know that our country can be better. I know that cannot happen without us."

It is undoubtedly him playing the race card.

The problem with that is when someone who has acted as shabbily as Gething has does it, it cheapens the very real struggle that some people from an ethnic minority face.
[Post edited 16 Jul 12:48]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The tainted First Minister on 13:03 - Jul 16 with 1006 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 12:46 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

The problem with that is when someone who has acted as shabbily as Gething has does it, it cheapens the very real struggle that some people from an ethnic minority face.

This didn't happen because Gething is black, he brought it on himself with his poor judgement, his vanity, his arrogance.

I don't care what colour anyones skin is, all I care is that they are good at their job and are not morally and/or ethically questionable, Gething gives the wrong answer to all of those.
The tainted First Minister on 13:33 - Jul 16 with 981 viewspencoedjack

100%

I understand Miles is gay, if he gets the top job it makes no difference, he just needs to make Wales a better place.

It was obvious Gething was going to be a disaster.
The tainted First Minister on 13:38 - Jul 16 with 965 viewsraynor94

The tainted First Minister on 13:33 - Jul 16 by pencoedjack

100%

I understand Miles is gay, if he gets the top job it makes no difference, he just needs to make Wales a better place.

You can thank the Unions for making him first Minister, he never had the total backing of his Labour colleagues.

The bloke is an out and out charlatan

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The tainted First Minister on 13:59 - Jul 16 with 925 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 13:33 - Jul 16 by pencoedjack

100%

A Black FM, a gay FM, I don't care, all I care about is that they are good at their jobs, oh, and honest and open to scrutiny.
Login to get fewer ads

The tainted First Minister on 14:11 - Jul 16 with 908 viewsScotia

It's a shocking thing to say. This kind of statement is likely to inflame racist tension.

He had to resign becasue he was dishonest, not black. He should retract the statement, apologies and resign from the Senedd.
The tainted First Minister on 14:14 - Jul 16 with 896 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 14:11 - Jul 16 by Scotia

It's a shocking thing to say. This kind of statement is likely to inflame racist tension.

He had to resign becasue he was dishonest, not black. He should retract the statement, apologies and resign from the Senedd.

So is he trying to call the four Labour members who resigned racist.
The tainted First Minister on 14:23 - Jul 16 with 871 viewsScotia

The tainted First Minister on 14:14 - Jul 16 by Whiterockin

So is he trying to call the four Labour members who resigned racist.

I think he's implying that he's been forced to resign becasue he is black - it's aimed at far more people than just those four ministers.

He wasn't the first choice to be leader amongst the Senedd members don't forget.
The tainted First Minister on 14:32 - Jul 16 with 859 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 12:37 - Jul 16 by Witneyjack

I can easily believe that someone from a minority community background who DOES’NT TAKE any interest in politics or what’s going on in Cardiff Bay and gets their news from “niche’” sources could believe this has come about as a result of racism, however anyone who takes an interest in what’s going on will or should see beyond that and be able to understand what’s taken place and that Gething’s demise is self inflected.

As I see it, Gething had to go. His position was in my opinion untenable due to what’s happened and it looks like what many of us who do take an interest have said has come to pass.
I’m not sure which straw broke the camels back, Starmer, RT Davies, Blythyn was there a motion of no confidence …. but he’s tried to ride it out and it’s failed. Let’s hope is successor is better than he’s proven to be.

Edit- I’m away and have just seen that 4 ministers resigned.
[Post edited 16 Jul 15:10]
The tainted First Minister on 19:12 - Jul 16 with 755 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 14:32 - Jul 16 by majorraglan

I can easily believe that someone from a minority community background who DOES’NT TAKE any interest in politics or what’s going on in Cardiff Bay and gets their news from “niche’” sources could believe this has come about as a result of racism, however anyone who takes an interest in what’s going on will or should see beyond that and be able to understand what’s taken place and that Gething’s demise is self inflected.

As I see it, Gething had to go. His position was in my opinion untenable due to what’s happened and it looks like what many of us who do take an interest have said has come to pass.
I’m not sure which straw broke the camels back, Starmer, RT Davies, Blythyn was there a motion of no confidence …. but he’s tried to ride it out and it’s failed. Let’s hope is successor is better than he’s proven to be.

Edit- I’m away and have just seen that 4 ministers resigned.
[Post edited 16 Jul 15:10]

There were enough straws for him to have resigned weeks ago but he chose to ignore them. In the end those 4 ministers forced him out by their action and they should be applauded for having some gumption. It would have been easy for them to keep their heads down and get on with it but they acted while others dithered.
The tainted First Minister on 19:31 - Jul 16 with 746 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 19:12 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

There were enough straws for him to have resigned weeks ago but he chose to ignore them. In the end those 4 ministers forced him out by their action and they should be applauded for having some gumption. It would have been easy for them to keep their heads down and get on with it but they acted while others dithered.

How many of the four will put themselves forward as the next leader
The tainted First Minister on 20:04 - Jul 16 with 719 viewsScotia

The tainted First Minister on 19:31 - Jul 16 by Whiterockin

How many of the four will put themselves forward as the next leader

Jeremy Miles will, potentially Hannah Blythn too.
The tainted First Minister on 21:09 - Jul 16 with 678 viewsraynor94

The tainted First Minister on 20:04 - Jul 16 by Scotia

Trouble is the party is split, still a lot were behind Gethin, they will need to find a unifying candidate.

The party is in a real mess

The tainted First Minister on 21:14 - Jul 16 with 665 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 21:09 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Trouble is the party is split, still a lot were behind Gethin, they will need to find a unifying candidate.

The party is in a real mess

Surely Miles is the only genuine contender though? he had the support in the Siambr, it was the unions that won Gething the day, wasn't it?
The tainted First Minister on 21:19 - Jul 16 with 653 viewsraynor94

The tainted First Minister on 21:14 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

Surely Miles is the only genuine contender though? he had the support in the Siambr, it was the unions that won Gething the day, wasn't it?

Yes the Unions got Gethin in, but he still has support in the party, quite a few have come out and said they think he was badly treated

The tainted First Minister on 21:25 - Jul 16 with 648 viewsraynor94

16 Labour members voted for Miles 10 for Gethin at the last leadership election, will that 10 now get behind Miles, I doubt it.

The tainted First Minister on 21:40 - Jul 16 with 628 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 20:04 - Jul 16 by Scotia

Blythyn is on the left of the party, factor in her role in Gething’s departure and she may be persona non grata for many. Miles is probably the best person, but will he also be seen as a troublemaker and cast in a similar role to Sunak.

Eluned Morgan could throw her hat 8n the ring as a unity candidate, but I’d rather Miles.
The tainted First Minister on 22:36 - Jul 16 with 611 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 21:40 - Jul 16 by majorraglan

Blythyn is on the left of the party, factor in her role in Gething’s departure and she may be persona non grata for many. Miles is probably the best person, but will he also be seen as a troublemaker and cast in a similar role to Sunak.

Eluned Morgan could throw her hat 8n the ring as a unity candidate, but I’d rather Miles.

Sack the bloody lot ,reinstate the Welsh Office ,the mediocre welsh politicians have proven for 25vyears their not up to the task in hand .Turn the Senendd into flats for the homeless and open the bay barriers that way normal order is restored.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The tainted First Minister on 22:40 - Jul 16 with 602 viewsDr_Winston

The tainted First Minister on 22:36 - Jul 16 by Boundy

Sack the bloody lot ,reinstate the Welsh Office ,the mediocre welsh politicians have proven for 25vyears their not up to the task in hand .Turn the Senendd into flats for the homeless and open the bay barriers that way normal order is restored.

This.

Wales was a much fairer, better run place before Blair's brainstorm and the morons in Swansea who voted "Yes" thinking that there was even the slightest chance that it would be based here condemned Wales to 25 years of incompetent Senedd rule.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The tainted First Minister on 01:16 - Jul 17 with 553 viewsRobbie

Another 5 million quid the WAG will spend to reconsider the 20mph .
If they can get funding , tax payers of course will foot the bill .

Drakefords brainwave , all for safety first but target the real idiots late at night driving , I would like my pennies spent there please .
The tainted First Minister on 07:27 - Jul 17 with 500 viewsScotia

The tainted First Minister on 21:40 - Jul 16 by majorraglan

Eluned Morgan is a good shout actually.

Another Cardiffian though, that would make all 6 FM'S either being from or representing SE Wales.
The tainted First Minister on 07:35 - Jul 17 with 486 viewsbuilthjack

The tainted First Minister on 01:16 - Jul 17 by Robbie

Another 5 million quid the WAG will spend to reconsider the 20mph .
If they can get funding , tax payers of course will foot the bill .

Drakefords brainwave , all for safety first but target the real idiots late at night driving , I would like my pennies spent there please .

An awful lot of police these days seem to be PCSO’s. Cheap to hire but can’t do f all.
But it got the UK numbers up. So that’s ok.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024