Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tainted First Minister 13:29 - Apr 28 with 19937 viewsSullutaCreturned

Meet vaughn Gething, the First Minister who managed to screw his job up before he'd even actually been given it,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/real-fury-behind-scenes-welsh-290647

The fact that Gething apparently cannot see what is wrong here, cannot see the conflict, surely it marks him down as unsuitable to be in politics let alone be leader of our country?
The tainted First Minister on 09:13 - Jul 10 with 1003 viewsonehunglow

The tainted First Minister on 22:31 - Apr 28 by felixstowe_jack

She pays all the tax she has to pay under UK.tax laws. She is not cheating anyone.

She’s gone now .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The tainted First Minister on 10:11 - Jul 10 with 970 viewsJumpingJackFlash

The tainted First Minister on 08:53 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

With a evenly split Senedd Hannah Blythyn holds all the power in any vote. All the other parties will vote against Labour because they feel that they have them on the rack and if there was an election they would pick up seats. Interesting couple of months ahead. The only hope Labour have is if Gething stands down, but as you say he is too arrogant to do that.

EDIT

Remember this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-42057642
[Post edited 10 Jul 9:03]

Indeed.
She doesn't even need to turn up as she didn't for the vote of no confidence. She can justifiably say that she's so upset by the way she's been treated that she needs time to reflect.

Meanwhile Gething loses every vote...
The tainted First Minister on 19:49 - Jul 10 with 868 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 20:16 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

Welsh Labour want net zero for Wales it makes no difference we will import steel & coal from countries who laugh at us.

No new business will come into Wales as our infrastructure is abysmal ( unless you live in Cardiff central).

Similar to the 200 plus jobs being lost in Flintshire today, people will continue to buy non disposable wet wipes but they won’t be made in Wales.

To paraphrase Tacitus,

They rob, lie and plunder and deceivingly call it "Senedd rule", and where they make a desert, they call it Wales.
The tainted First Minister on 20:53 - Jul 10 with 846 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 08:53 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

With a evenly split Senedd Hannah Blythyn holds all the power in any vote. All the other parties will vote against Labour because they feel that they have them on the rack and if there was an election they would pick up seats. Interesting couple of months ahead. The only hope Labour have is if Gething stands down, but as you say he is too arrogant to do that.

EDIT

Remember this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-42057642
[Post edited 10 Jul 9:03]

God forbid something like that should reoccur

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The tainted First Minister on 21:47 - Jul 10 with 801 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 10:11 - Jul 10 by JumpingJackFlash

Indeed.
She doesn't even need to turn up as she didn't for the vote of no confidence. She can justifiably say that she's so upset by the way she's been treated that she needs time to reflect.

Meanwhile Gething loses every vote...

He has to go and the sooner the better.
The tainted First Minister on 21:50 - Jul 10 with 790 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 21:47 - Jul 10 by majorraglan

He has to go and the sooner the better.

The longer he stays the more damage he does. There needs to be a total reset at the Senedd for Wales to progress.
The tainted First Minister on 21:55 - Jul 10 with 776 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 21:50 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

The longer he stays the more damage he does. There needs to be a total reset at the Senedd for Wales to progress.

I’m hoping Starmer gets a grip of things and gets shot of him - we deserve better than this.
[Post edited 10 Jul 21:56]
The tainted First Minister on 22:00 - Jul 10 with 757 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 21:55 - Jul 10 by majorraglan

I’m hoping Starmer gets a grip of things and gets shot of him - we deserve better than this.
[Post edited 10 Jul 21:56]

So true, currently Wales is ungovernable and unless Labour sort it out they will get hammered in the inevitable election. They only need to lose a couple of seats to lose power.
[Post edited 10 Jul 22:16]
Login to get fewer ads

The tainted First Minister on 22:22 - Jul 10 with 714 viewsraynor94

Let's hope the Welsh people stand up and give a Gethin government a bloody nose at the next election

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The tainted First Minister on 15:45 - Jul 11 with 626 viewsWhiterockin

More oil on the fire.

https://nation.cymru/news/hannah-blythyn-was-not-our-source/

And could this be the outcome.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3g65g27w9zo.amp
[Post edited 11 Jul 15:46]
The tainted First Minister on 15:50 - Jul 11 with 607 viewsFlashberryjack

The tainted First Minister on 22:22 - Jul 10 by raynor94

Let's hope the Welsh people stand up and give a Gethin government a bloody nose at the next election

I wouldn't bet on it, Gethin is Labour after all.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The tainted First Minister on 16:00 - Jul 11 with 593 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 15:50 - Jul 11 by Flashberryjack

I wouldn't bet on it, Gethin is Labour after all.

But it's going to take very little for labour to be removed from power in the Senedd. They have been propped up by Plaid and that is no longer going to happen. There is a very strong possibility that we will have an election shortly and I wouldn't count on the Labour vote holding up. The people of Wales have had enough, just like the people of the UK last week.
The tainted First Minister on 16:30 - Jul 11 with 554 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 16:00 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

But it's going to take very little for labour to be removed from power in the Senedd. They have been propped up by Plaid and that is no longer going to happen. There is a very strong possibility that we will have an election shortly and I wouldn't count on the Labour vote holding up. The people of Wales have had enough, just like the people of the UK last week.

Well the tories have been wiped out in Wales and I don't see them gaining anythingother than a bloody nose in Senedd elections. People have had enough of tories.

Maybe Plaid will see a surge? To be honest Rhun ap Iorwerth is a big step up on Adam Price.
The tainted First Minister on 16:36 - Jul 11 with 536 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 16:30 - Jul 11 by SullutaCreturned

Well the tories have been wiped out in Wales and I don't see them gaining anythingother than a bloody nose in Senedd elections. People have had enough of tories.

Maybe Plaid will see a surge? To be honest Rhun ap Iorwerth is a big step up on Adam Price.

Plaid and Reform will rip through Labour, of that there is no doubt. Labour do not have have a working majority now, the Senedd will be full of a mixed bag including independents, how that will work out who knows. Maybe a fresh vote devolution?
The tainted First Minister on 16:41 - Jul 11 with 519 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 16:36 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

Plaid and Reform will rip through Labour, of that there is no doubt. Labour do not have have a working majority now, the Senedd will be full of a mixed bag including independents, how that will work out who knows. Maybe a fresh vote devolution?

After the brexit result there's no way the Senedd will allow another devolution vote.

I can't see reform doing anything in Wales, they're too tory like.

Indepepndents could make a difference but its only Plaid I can see challenging Labour.
The tainted First Minister on 16:47 - Jul 11 with 503 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 16:41 - Jul 11 by SullutaCreturned

After the brexit result there's no way the Senedd will allow another devolution vote.

Indepepndents could make a difference but its only Plaid I can see challenging Labour.

Reform have said they are going to target the next Senedd elections and use it a launch pad for the next general election. If they go all in they could be very successful,
The tainted First Minister on 17:00 - Jul 11 with 481 viewsraynor94

The tainted First Minister on 16:47 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

Reform have said they are going to target the next Senedd elections and use it a launch pad for the next general election. If they go all in they could be very successful,

I can really see Reform doing well, I've voted Labour all my life, but there's no way I'll vote for Welsh Labour or Plaid.

So Reform it is, and I think a lot of people will vote the same

The tainted First Minister on 18:01 - Jul 11 with 465 viewsunion_jack

The tainted First Minister on 17:00 - Jul 11 by raynor94

I can really see Reform doing well, I've voted Labour all my life, but there's no way I'll vote for Welsh Labour or Plaid.

So Reform it is, and I think a lot of people will vote the same

Or Abolish in my case.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The tainted First Minister on 18:06 - Jul 11 with 462 viewspencoedjack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-results-full-every-

Reform got more votes than Plaid.
The tainted First Minister on 18:37 - Jul 11 with 446 viewspencoedjack

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/sacked-minister-hannah-blythyn

So she sacked unfairly

Gething has to go.
The tainted First Minister on 20:08 - Jul 11 with 399 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 22:22 - Jul 10 by raynor94

I wouldn't give him two weeks let alone 2 years to survive this scandal ,one of too many.

The tainted First Minister on 20:10 - Jul 11 with 392 viewsraynor94

The tainted First Minister on 20:08 - Jul 11 by Boundy

I wouldn't give him two weeks let alone 2 years to survive this scandal ,one of too many.

I don't know, he's a slippery arrogant individual

The tainted First Minister on 20:12 - Jul 11 with 391 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 16:30 - Jul 11 by SullutaCreturned

The tories in Wales are not the same as the previous government, watching the Senedd debates recently there's a few switched on MS s.

The tainted First Minister on 23:02 - Jul 11 with 320 viewsmajorraglan

Things could become very interesting and I think you could be wrong about Reform.

Under normal circumstances I’d have thought Plaid Cymru and the Conservatives would be scenting blood and they’d be after Gething like a shot, but after the GE results I’m not so sure that will happen.

The Conservatives were annihilated in the GE and I just can’t see RT Davies going after Labour by forcing a no confidence vote which could in turn result in an election where he and his AM’s are wiped out and unemployed - id have thought that’s something he’d have learned from Sunak. The Conservatives also have a AM under investigation for expenses which is another negative. Plaid will be buoyant after the GE, but they’ll be looking over their shoulder at Reform.
Labour on the other hand will be stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have Gething and his deleted Covid messages, the £200k donation, the Blythyn sacking, the 20mph fiasco, and the unpopular increase in AM’s. If you look at the GE result in Llanelli, Reform came within around 800 votes of taking the town, factor in that Llanelli is Lee Waters constituency and it’s only going 1 way.

Wales voted leave in 2016 and I genuinely believe immigration was the primary driver, looking at what took place at the Stradey Park Hotel and the Llanelli vote and it’s clear immigration is an issue which is very much in people’s minds. Farage is a 1 trick pony - the trick is immigration and it resonates with people. A lot of Farage’s other policies are very similar to Truss’s and others are just populist rubbish they sound good but it's a facade and there’s no money whatsoever to pay for them. People who take an interest in what’s going can see through much of the bs, but those who don’t take an interest (which as we’ve seen is the vast majority) will be influenced by sound bites etc.

If we have an election soon Reform will do well and they’ll get seats, we have an element of PR in Senedd elections.

Faced with a potential election, I think Labour will turn on Gething. I can’t see Starmer wanting an election to take place while Reform are so strong, Starmer will be hoping to stop the boats, take away Farage’s main crutch, grow the economy so we see some improvements in living standards, improve the NHS getting some quick wins in.

I think Gething’s on borrowed time and I hope he’s gone asap.
The tainted First Minister on 13:43 - Jul 12 with 205 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 23:02 - Jul 11 by majorraglan

Things could become very interesting and I think you could be wrong about Reform.

Under normal circumstances I’d have thought Plaid Cymru and the Conservatives would be scenting blood and they’d be after Gething like a shot, but after the GE results I’m not so sure that will happen.

The Conservatives were annihilated in the GE and I just can’t see RT Davies going after Labour by forcing a no confidence vote which could in turn result in an election where he and his AM’s are wiped out and unemployed - id have thought that’s something he’d have learned from Sunak. The Conservatives also have a AM under investigation for expenses which is another negative. Plaid will be buoyant after the GE, but they’ll be looking over their shoulder at Reform.
Labour on the other hand will be stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have Gething and his deleted Covid messages, the £200k donation, the Blythyn sacking, the 20mph fiasco, and the unpopular increase in AM’s. If you look at the GE result in Llanelli, Reform came within around 800 votes of taking the town, factor in that Llanelli is Lee Waters constituency and it’s only going 1 way.

Wales voted leave in 2016 and I genuinely believe immigration was the primary driver, looking at what took place at the Stradey Park Hotel and the Llanelli vote and it’s clear immigration is an issue which is very much in people’s minds. Farage is a 1 trick pony - the trick is immigration and it resonates with people. A lot of Farage’s other policies are very similar to Truss’s and others are just populist rubbish they sound good but it's a facade and there’s no money whatsoever to pay for them. People who take an interest in what’s going can see through much of the bs, but those who don’t take an interest (which as we’ve seen is the vast majority) will be influenced by sound bites etc.

If we have an election soon Reform will do well and they’ll get seats, we have an element of PR in Senedd elections.

Faced with a potential election, I think Labour will turn on Gething. I can’t see Starmer wanting an election to take place while Reform are so strong, Starmer will be hoping to stop the boats, take away Farage’s main crutch, grow the economy so we see some improvements in living standards, improve the NHS getting some quick wins in.

I think Gething’s on borrowed time and I hope he’s gone asap.

He's still lying , this time with a hint of sadness in his ever so quietly spoken voice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024