Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18 games in 17:11 - Nov 25 with 3907 viewsblackpooljack

And our season is effectively over. We are drifting to a mid table finish. Injuries have hit us hard but its game over as far as i'm concerned
18 games in on 09:02 - Nov 26 with 766 viewsjack247

After our shambolic start there was a lot of ‘judge Duff after 10 games’ talk. He started slowly at Barnsley etc.

In fairness he did go on a 4 or 5 game winning run after abandoning his early season tactics and letting the players express themselves a bit more. Although we’re still playing that formation, we seem to have lost the inertia to make it work.

He hasn’t got the players he needs to play a rigid 433. Yates isnt a target man, Cullen isn’t a winger, neither is Cooper. Grimes plays better without Fulton IMO. They are too close and stifle each other. Must be some reason Patino didn’t start or come on? Slight injury or something?
18 games in on 09:52 - Nov 26 with 715 viewsSullutaCreturned

18 games in on 09:02 - Nov 26 by jack247

After our shambolic start there was a lot of ‘judge Duff after 10 games’ talk. He started slowly at Barnsley etc.

In fairness he did go on a 4 or 5 game winning run after abandoning his early season tactics and letting the players express themselves a bit more. Although we’re still playing that formation, we seem to have lost the inertia to make it work.

He hasn’t got the players he needs to play a rigid 433. Yates isnt a target man, Cullen isn’t a winger, neither is Cooper. Grimes plays better without Fulton IMO. They are too close and stifle each other. Must be some reason Patino didn’t start or come on? Slight injury or something?

The "inertia" is something we definitely need to lose!

Your first and last paragraphs though, I reckon you are right.
18 games in on 10:30 - Nov 26 with 692 viewsguthrieintherain

18 games in on 20:37 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

I go back to the 70s so maybe that's why I have a different "tolerance " level.
I agree about players I think Ginelly would be such a player to get us off our feet but he is injured....If Marti hasn't toyed with him Whittaker could have been the same too.
Unfortunately we don't have the income to buy the exciting players and given the tough demands in the championship Managers are reluctant to give Promising youngsters a start sometimes. The issue is these days Sky has given access to "better" football to be seen unlike back in the good old days when only the FA cup could be seen....as a result f as have different expectations of their local side....and the konry Sky has vrought has increased the gaps I quality

I go back to the 70s as well but for the first time ever I am starting to get a bit bored with it all.

Maybe it's an age thing or perhaps it's just the football is dull.

But I have gone from hardly missing a home game and maybe 7 or 8 away games a season to 2 home games this season..

It's not a priority for me anymore and I never thought I would feel like that.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

18 games in on 10:33 - Nov 26 with 682 viewsonehunglow

18 games in on 10:30 - Nov 26 by guthrieintherain

I go back to the 70s as well but for the first time ever I am starting to get a bit bored with it all.

Maybe it's an age thing or perhaps it's just the football is dull.

But I have gone from hardly missing a home game and maybe 7 or 8 away games a season to 2 home games this season..

It's not a priority for me anymore and I never thought I would feel like that.

Morning gut.
It’s a bit of both.
I used to travel to away games with a two hour radius of home without fail and our calendar revolved around fixtures ,as did holidays and family functions. I’ve ruined holidays in the recent past looking for places to watch our game.
I also saw at least 6 home games albeit just with my missus as I’d fallen out with most on PS .
Now,It’s just tough and not enjoyable really

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

18 games in on 11:17 - Nov 26 with 678 viewshowenjack

Maybe we should have u21 and first team mixed into a squad of 30 + . 2 teams picked from that and rotate subs 2 most senior , if fit Swans players captaining respectively .Then a full on 60 min game once a week every week behind closed doors.That would obviously count as one full training session and rest up the next day. Game coud be analysed and feedback given and Everyone gets an opportunity to show what they can do . It would toughen up u21s and pitch them at a level outside their comfort zone . Would also stretch senior players by playing against quick youngsters and freshening up competition Duff would soon see who is capable of making the step up to first team .Perhaps they already do this I dont know .
18 games in on 18:56 - Nov 26 with 605 viewsSwans9

Must be manager fault same as cooperball excellent owners we have. They running out players to sell is the training ground the next to go before supporters trust shares run out.
18 games in on 19:11 - Nov 26 with 589 viewsmax936

18 games in on 18:56 - Nov 26 by Swans9

Must be manager fault same as cooperball excellent owners we have. They running out players to sell is the training ground the next to go before supporters trust shares run out.

They can't sell Fairwood it belongs to Swansea University, they maybe able to sell Landore, but who'd want it and what would the club do then, Landore is perfect for the whole club, sell that and may has well lock the Liberty up and give the keys to the Ospreys.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

18 games in on 19:12 - Nov 26 with 585 viewsWhiterockin

18 games in on 18:56 - Nov 26 by Swans9

Good job we don't own the training ground
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 19:12]
Login to get fewer ads

18 games in on 18:19 - Nov 27 with 472 viewsshingle

18 games in on 20:09 - Nov 25 by KeithHaynes

The fans are losing faith, but after Leeds there’s opportunity to at least get it right.
Can’t be a season over in November.

Sadly we have not got the players, management and certainly not the owners to get it right i can not believe how long it has taken people to understand this but it seems the penny is starting to drop at long last, the best we can hope for is to avoid slipping into a relegation dog fight thankfully there does seem to be a handful of teams who are even worse than us, but we do seem do be getting worse which makes you weary.
18 games in on 18:43 - Nov 27 with 458 viewsbuilthjack

18 games in on 18:19 - Nov 27 by shingle

Sadly we have not got the players, management and certainly not the owners to get it right i can not believe how long it has taken people to understand this but it seems the penny is starting to drop at long last, the best we can hope for is to avoid slipping into a relegation dog fight thankfully there does seem to be a handful of teams who are even worse than us, but we do seem do be getting worse which makes you weary.

We were supposed to get better.
66 points last year.
Lucky to get to 55 this year.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

18 games in on 18:45 - Nov 27 with 456 viewsonehunglow

18 games in on 18:43 - Nov 27 by builthjack

We were supposed to get better.
66 points last year.
Lucky to get to 55 this year.

And no it’s not about the coach as much as the inferior quality players we have signed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024