Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RMT Strikes 09:40 - Nov 23 with 26034 views1983

Check before you travel folks is going to be a carve up for Christmas and NY
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 9:40]

RMT Strikes on 09:41 - Nov 23 with 6176 viewsCountyJim

People have been given notice no excuses

Good luck to all those on strike 👍
RMT Strikes on 09:49 - Nov 23 with 6162 viewsbritferry

they're calling the RMT leader "The Lynch that stole Xmas"

[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 9:51]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

RMT Strikes on 10:00 - Nov 23 with 6083 viewscontroversial_jack

I.have booked rail tkts to Coventry on the 17th. Shit happens i guess.
RMT Strikes on 10:01 - Nov 23 with 6151 viewsWhiterockin

RMT Strikes on 09:41 - Nov 23 by CountyJim

People have been given notice no excuses

Good luck to all those on strike 👍

Strikes don't seem to be achieving anything.
RMT Strikes on 10:07 - Nov 23 with 6131 viewsraynor94

RMT Strikes on 10:01 - Nov 23 by Whiterockin

Apart from alienating the public

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

RMT Strikes on 10:11 - Nov 23 with 6121 views1983

RMT Strikes on 10:01 - Nov 23 by Whiterockin

Some people just accept things I suppose but personally I'd rather die fighting.

RMT Strikes on 10:15 - Nov 23 with 6113 viewsWhiterockin

RMT Strikes on 10:11 - Nov 23 by 1983

Some people just accept things I suppose but personally I'd rather die fighting.

Fair enough but so many are finding it tough at the moment and deserve more money, I don't know anyone who has any sympathy with the strikers.
RMT Strikes on 10:25 - Nov 23 with 6097 viewsfelixstowe_jack

RMT Strikes on 10:15 - Nov 23 by Whiterockin

Fair enough but so many are finding it tough at the moment and deserve more money, I don't know anyone who has any sympathy with the strikers.

If all the Rail unions worked together I am sure they could reach a settlement. Unfortunately ASLEF and the RMT have always fought to maintain their advantages.

A driver on £55000 will get £5500 with a 10% pay increase
While someone on £25000 will only get £2500 a difference of £3000.

How about everyone getting a £3000 pay rise which will be above inflation for the lowest paid. Trouble is the unions do not believe in fairness or solidarity for all.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

RMT Strikes on 12:27 - Nov 23 with 6066 viewsraynor94

RMT Strikes on 10:25 - Nov 23 by felixstowe_jack

If all the Rail unions worked together I am sure they could reach a settlement. Unfortunately ASLEF and the RMT have always fought to maintain their advantages.

A driver on £55000 will get £5500 with a 10% pay increase
While someone on £25000 will only get £2500 a difference of £3000.

How about everyone getting a £3000 pay rise which will be above inflation for the lowest paid. Trouble is the unions do not believe in fairness or solidarity for all.

Or modernisation, some of the practices they are insisting on, are no longer practical in this modern age

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

RMT Strikes on 18:16 - Nov 23 with 6014 viewspencoedjack

RMT Strikes on 12:27 - Nov 23 by raynor94

Or modernisation, some of the practices they are insisting on, are no longer practical in this modern age

Without doubt.

They all want decent pay rises so they have a bigger redundancy package as it’s obvious there is loads of waste.
RMT Strikes on 22:19 - Nov 23 with 5903 viewscontroversial_jack

RMT Strikes on 12:27 - Nov 23 by raynor94

Like what?
RMT Strikes on 08:33 - Nov 24 with 5920 views1983

RMT Strikes on 10:07 - Nov 23 by raynor94

Apart from alienating the public

But that doesn't matter because passenger numbers are down aren't they ?

haven't heard that for a couple of months now I wonder why?

RMT Strikes on 09:04 - Nov 24 with 5909 viewsWhiterockin

RMT Strikes on 08:33 - Nov 24 by 1983

IMO if anyone wants a strike to get results it needs to be a proper strike, out and stay out until you get the result. Fannying obout with the odd day here and there is pointless and only playing at being in dispute. I don't accept this trying to keep the public onside, because the general public don't care, if anything they are alienated anyway.
RMT Strikes on 09:59 - Nov 24 with 5874 viewsfelixstowe_jack

RMT Strikes on 08:33 - Nov 24 by 1983

Passengers numbers have been down on prepandemic numbers for the last year. One reason while railways have to be modernised, become more efficient, change 20th century working practices. Unfortunately the rail unions are not interested in a sustainable rail network and are happy to sacrifice their members' job for political reasons.
Have they forgotten the damage Scargill did to the mining industry.

RMT Strikes on 10:28 - Nov 24 with 5792 viewscontroversial_jack

RMT Strikes on 09:59 - Nov 24 by felixstowe_jack

Passengers numbers have been down on prepandemic numbers for the last year. One reason while railways have to be modernised, become more efficient, change 20th century working practices. Unfortunately the rail unions are not interested in a sustainable rail network and are happy to sacrifice their members' job for political reasons.
Have they forgotten the damage Scargill did to the mining industry.

Passenger numbers are down, because rail travel is so expensive. Excessive profits going into private companies and not being invested into the railways
RMT Strikes on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 5850 viewsWhiterockin

RMT Strikes on 10:28 - Nov 24 by controversial_jack

Passenger numbers are down, because rail travel is so expensive. Excessive profits going into private companies and not being invested into the railways

Or possibly more people working from home and not using rail travel to commute.
RMT Strikes on 11:22 - Nov 24 with 5773 viewscontroversial_jack

RMT Strikes on 11:16 - Nov 24 by Whiterockin

Or possibly more people working from home and not using rail travel to commute.

Yes, that's a good point too
RMT Strikes on 20:10 - Nov 24 with 5777 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Interesting railway passenger figures released today for the last year still way below pre pandemic levels. Waterloo the UK Station had 44 million passengers last year which is half pre pandemic numbers.

RMT Strikes on 20:29 - Nov 24 with 5764 viewsDr_Winston

I have sympathy with the protests against the change of conditions that the rail companies want, but the demands for 10%+ payrises in the face of passenger numbers half of what they were in 2019 is idiotic.

All they're really doing is hastening the onset of automatic trains. The technology already exists. The Tube in London could have gone driverless years ago. Give the train companies enough of a reason to push it through and they will.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

RMT Strikes on 20:50 - Nov 24 with 5747 viewsWhiterockin

RMT Strikes on 20:29 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

I have sympathy with the protests against the change of conditions that the rail companies want, but the demands for 10%+ payrises in the face of passenger numbers half of what they were in 2019 is idiotic.

All they're really doing is hastening the onset of automatic trains. The technology already exists. The Tube in London could have gone driverless years ago. Give the train companies enough of a reason to push it through and they will.

I don't know what changes they are trying to implement. But what I do see is rail staff gathering by the door in carriage A on the Paddington train gradually gaining numbers from Bridgend. So for the last 30 minutes of the journey they are doing nothing and just want to be first off the train. If they are trying to change this practice fair enough.
RMT Strikes on 20:55 - Nov 24 with 5732 viewsCountyJim

RMT Strikes on 20:29 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Re the automatic train's yes the technology is there but the General sec was saying during commons interview that even with automatic train's you still have to have a qualified driver on board in case anything goes wrong, Also the outer reaches of the rail system say up in Scotland or west Wales the whole system is so old it would cost to much
RMT Strikes on 21:00 - Nov 24 with 5725 viewsWhiterockin

RMT Strikes on 20:55 - Nov 24 by CountyJim

Re the automatic train's yes the technology is there but the General sec was saying during commons interview that even with automatic train's you still have to have a qualified driver on board in case anything goes wrong, Also the outer reaches of the rail system say up in Scotland or west Wales the whole system is so old it would cost to much

I would say the train manager is needed on many rural lines in Wales, because without one nobody would pay for a ticket. Stations are unmanned and walk on walk off.
RMT Strikes on 21:02 - Nov 24 with 5719 viewsDr_Winston

RMT Strikes on 20:50 - Nov 24 by Whiterockin

I don't know what changes they are trying to implement. But what I do see is rail staff gathering by the door in carriage A on the Paddington train gradually gaining numbers from Bridgend. So for the last 30 minutes of the journey they are doing nothing and just want to be first off the train. If they are trying to change this practice fair enough.

From memory they want to make it much easier to swap people around on various shifts. For example you might only get a couple of days notice that you'd be doing a night run. Fine for business need, shit for family life. I wouldn't be happy with that so understand it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

RMT Strikes on 21:04 - Nov 24 with 5712 viewsDr_Winston

RMT Strikes on 20:55 - Nov 24 by CountyJim

No drivers aboard Docklands Light Railway services. All automated. The odd ticket inspector maybe. If you have to have a driver aboard now it's only because the rules haven't been updated.

RMT Strikes on 21:09 - Nov 24 with 5704 viewsWhiterockin

RMT Strikes on 21:02 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

From memory they want to make it much easier to swap people around on various shifts. For example you might only get a couple of days notice that you'd be doing a night run. Fine for business need, shit for family life. I wouldn't be happy with that so understand it.

Sadly it's often the way in modern business. It would also be practical to have more flexibility in moving from one train to another if necessary on route. This has been implemented with the catering trolleys, which is contracted out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024