Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have some egos on the playing staff 19:00 - Sep 3 with 2393 viewsmagicdaps10

We can push on a bit if these clowns didn't have a hissy fit now and again.

They have to realise that they are letting the club, fans and their team mates down and there will come a time when all will get fed up of it.

Seems that they can't control their emotions in their need to get a big move and increase their weekly wage.

It appears the club have some right spoilt 20 somethings on their hands.

The club, Martin and Co need to get these clowns sorted out ASAP because it's clear that they have the potential to cause us from progressing on the pitch.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:06 - Sep 3 with 2350 viewsDr_Winston

We stand more chance of progressing with an in-form Obafemi and Ntcham available to us so let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater by responding to any alleged "hissy fit" with one of our own.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:16 - Sep 3 with 2318 viewsmagicdaps10

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:06 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

We stand more chance of progressing with an in-form Obafemi and Ntcham available to us so let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater by responding to any alleged "hissy fit" with one of our own.

Totally agree that we benefit with them both on form.

But if they are not on form and sulking then it creates an issue all round! Luckily we had a group of players desperate for the win and a crowd getting behind them who realised what a win would mean.

Sorry but if a player on thousands a week can't cope with a possible move that might or might not happen.......then he needs to have a good look at himself in the mirror.

He should have been eager to have had that shirt on today and show the fans and his team mates that he is willing to do what's best for the club that pay his wages.

We have some egos on the playing staff on 20:14 - Sep 3 with 2195 viewsonehunglow

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:16 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

But if they are not on form and sulking then it creates an issue all round! Luckily we had a group of players desperate for the win and a crowd getting behind them who realised what a win would mean.

Sorry but if a player on thousands a week can't cope with a possible move that might or might not happen.......then he needs to have a good look at himself in the mirror.

He should have been eager to have had that shirt on today and show the fans and his team mates that he is willing to do what's best for the club that pay his wages.

Yrep,agree with you and Winston

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

We have some egos on the playing staff on 20:35 - Sep 3 with 2133 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:16 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

They should have sold the pair of them. What a wasted opportunity!
It’s all very well saying an inform so and so is what we need but are they too far gone. They haven’t performed for ages

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We have some egos on the playing staff on 10:26 - Sep 4 with 1862 viewsDr_Winston

We have some egos on the playing staff on 20:35 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

They should have sold the pair of them. What a wasted opportunity!
It’s all very well saying an inform so and so is what we need but are they too far gone. They haven’t performed for ages

That's not true though is it?

Ntcham was by far our best player against Millwall and Obafemi, miss against Rotherham aside, has been busting a gut upfront all season. Both have a goal and an assist to their name in a team yet to get out of first gear.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We have some egos on the playing staff on 10:43 - Sep 4 with 1845 viewsRichardO

We have some egos on the playing staff on 10:26 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

Ntcham was by far our best player against Millwall and Obafemi, miss against Rotherham aside, has been busting a gut upfront all season. Both have a goal and an assist to their name in a team yet to get out of first gear.

Given the emergence of Ollie Cooper, the quicker ball forward and the qualities of a number of the players who came on as subs yesterday we may be able to get the best out of both Obefemi and Ntcham.
We have some egos on the playing staff on 10:53 - Sep 4 with 1821 viewsDr_Winston

We have some egos on the playing staff on 10:43 - Sep 4 by RichardO

Given the emergence of Ollie Cooper, the quicker ball forward and the qualities of a number of the players who came on as subs yesterday we may be able to get the best out of both Obefemi and Ntcham.

We have a number of players who should be more effective if we can increase the tempo of our style on a consistent basis.

We have some egos on the playing staff on 18:10 - Sep 4 with 1693 viewsCatullus

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:06 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

I do agree BUT with both of you. We shouldnt go over the top about it but even so, these young men are very well paid but impatient to get even more money. Oba is 22, maybe he needs to concentrate more on his game and the big move will come, allegedly having a hissy will get the wrong kind of attention and may even put a bigger club off.

The club has to come first.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

We have some egos on the playing staff on 20:29 - Sep 4 with 1582 viewsGoldminer

We have some egos on the playing staff on 18:10 - Sep 4 by Catullus

I do agree BUT with both of you. We shouldnt go over the top about it but even so, these young men are very well paid but impatient to get even more money. Oba is 22, maybe he needs to concentrate more on his game and the big move will come, allegedly having a hissy will get the wrong kind of attention and may even put a bigger club off.

The club has to come first.

We talk about the young sub substitutes....they haven't been here ????ng enough to realise that Martin doesn't appreciate hoofing the ball up the field and taking the ball to the corner in the last 15 minutes. Give then a couple of weeks of training and they will soon be passing it around and putting other players under pressure just as well as the rest of them.
We have some egos on the playing staff on 22:57 - Sep 4 with 1465 viewsDr_Parnassus

Shouldn’t be starting rumours with guessed information.

Consistency.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

We have some egos on the playing staff on 04:54 - Sep 5 with 1431 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obafemi- for 8 million would have been a great bit of business for the club. He has tremendous pace but not a true finisher - he did well enough at the end of last season. Putting him as our main striker ahead of our best player and top goal scorer is now showing to be abject folly.

Ntcham - can you honestly say he’s anywhere near as consistent enough? Maybe quicker ball will help him - let’s see if it does.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 4:57]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We have some egos on the playing staff on 07:34 - Sep 5 with 1396 viewsDr_Winston

We have some egos on the playing staff on 04:54 - Sep 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Obafemi- for 8 million would have been a great bit of business for the club. He has tremendous pace but not a true finisher - he did well enough at the end of last season. Putting him as our main striker ahead of our best player and top goal scorer is now showing to be abject folly.

Ntcham - can you honestly say he’s anywhere near as consistent enough? Maybe quicker ball will help him - let’s see if it does.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 4:57]

Putting Piroe behind Obafemi allowed us to add Obafemi's goals to those of Piroe, who remained just as prolific and indeed improved all round. Far from being "abject folly", it was one of Martin's smarter moves and one we need to replicate as soon as we can.

If we're finally learning not to concede too many stupid goals by dicking around at the back, folly would be chopping Obafemi's goalscoring ability out of the side in a fit of pique. We've got two players, both capable of scoring 20+ goals a season at this level, and people are actively looking for reasons to leave one out of the team? Crazy.

Ntcham is inconsistent. If he wasn't he wouldn't be playing for us. He is one of those a more attacking approach would probably benefit.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 8:01]

We have some egos on the playing staff on 09:51 - Sep 5 with 1301 viewsonehunglow

It is essential tp have an ego to play sport at a high level.It is becaue you want to "show off" or should do.All the greats have massive egos but mostly DESIRE TO WIN.

Neither Ntcham nor Obefemi show much desire to WIN and get better

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

We have some egos on the playing staff on 16:17 - Sep 5 with 1218 viewsCatullus

We have some egos on the playing staff on 07:34 - Sep 5 by Dr_Winston

Putting Piroe behind Obafemi allowed us to add Obafemi's goals to those of Piroe, who remained just as prolific and indeed improved all round. Far from being "abject folly", it was one of Martin's smarter moves and one we need to replicate as soon as we can.

If we're finally learning not to concede too many stupid goals by dicking around at the back, folly would be chopping Obafemi's goalscoring ability out of the side in a fit of pique. We've got two players, both capable of scoring 20+ goals a season at this level, and people are actively looking for reasons to leave one out of the team? Crazy.

Ntcham is inconsistent. If he wasn't he wouldn't be playing for us. He is one of those a more attacking approach would probably benefit.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 8:01]

I thought Piroe's goal return slowed down considerably when he dropped back?

Personally I'd like to see them both playing up front and I'd much rather we had Joseph on the bench instead of Cullen but what do I know.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

We have some egos on the playing staff on 17:41 - Sep 5 with 1190 viewsDr_Winston

We have some egos on the playing staff on 16:17 - Sep 5 by Catullus

I thought Piroe's goal return slowed down considerably when he dropped back?

Personally I'd like to see them both playing up front and I'd much rather we had Joseph on the bench instead of Cullen but what do I know.

It actually increased marginally. Not by a significant amount, but the fact that it didn't decrease despite him playing deeper tells the tale.

He had two goalscoring spurts. 13 scored in 23 games between 10th Aug and 8th Jan (0.56 goals per game). Then he went on a seven game dry spell which largely coincided with Paterson having a paddy during the transfer window. From then he scored eleven goals in 19 games between 5th Feb and 7th May (0.58 gpg).

The first game he played in behind Oba was, as far as I can tell, against Blackburn on Feb 5th. So, not only did Piroe score at a greater rate from #10 than #9, we also gained Obafemi's goals too. Also 11 goals in 19 games interestingly enough.

We're a better team with both of them in it. Piroe playing deeper does not harm his effectiveness.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 17:43]

We have some egos on the playing staff on 17:53 - Sep 5 with 1179 viewsshaggyrogers

Ntcham very poor when he came on at stoke... and pato was
We have some egos on the playing staff on 18:22 - Sep 5 with 1156 viewsBillyChong

The social media team have made a mistake stroking Oba and Plato’s ego’s with their video tomfoolery. That needs to stop.
We have some egos on the playing staff on 18:28 - Sep 5 with 1148 viewsSTID2017

I hope and feel Obafemi will come back and show his worth.
If he and Piroe want the big moves then they have between now and January to impress by banging in the goals, which can only benefit us

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We have some egos on the playing staff on 18:52 - Sep 5 with 1135 viewsCatullus

We have some egos on the playing staff on 17:41 - Sep 5 by Dr_Winston

It actually increased marginally. Not by a significant amount, but the fact that it didn't decrease despite him playing deeper tells the tale.

He had two goalscoring spurts. 13 scored in 23 games between 10th Aug and 8th Jan (0.56 goals per game). Then he went on a seven game dry spell which largely coincided with Paterson having a paddy during the transfer window. From then he scored eleven goals in 19 games between 5th Feb and 7th May (0.58 gpg).

The first game he played in behind Oba was, as far as I can tell, against Blackburn on Feb 5th. So, not only did Piroe score at a greater rate from #10 than #9, we also gained Obafemi's goals too. Also 11 goals in 19 games interestingly enough.

We're a better team with both of them in it. Piroe playing deeper does not harm his effectiveness.

Ok then, thing is though, Piroe hasn't scored from 10 this season, I know it's only a handful of games.
Oba has worked hard for the team but has been poor in goalscoring too.

Maybe that will change if we stick with the same style of play that we used last time out.

I'd still like to see them both up front though.

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:00 - Sep 5 with 1132 viewsmagicdaps10

We have some egos on the playing staff on 17:41 - Sep 5 by Dr_Winston

That's very interesting in relation to Piroe scoring whilst up top ir sat in behind.

I think there is certainly more scope to go 2 up top when we play with wing backs, instead of 2 attacking midfielders, we could go 1 with 2 up top.

We have some egos on the playing staff on 19:45 - Sep 5 with 1103 viewsDr_Winston

We have some egos on the playing staff on 18:52 - Sep 5 by Catullus

Ok then, thing is though, Piroe hasn't scored from 10 this season, I know it's only a handful of games.
Oba has worked hard for the team but has been poor in goalscoring too.

Maybe that will change if we stick with the same style of play that we used last time out.

I'd still like to see them both up front though.

We have been missing some width in comparison to last season. Christie and Wolf did offer something to stretch opposing sides and create space for Piroe to operate in. This year we've largely been stuck passing it amongst ourselves in front of solid defensive lines which has left JP dropping too deep to get the ball.

Maybe that will change with the addition of the loanees.

We have some egos on the playing staff (n/t) on 20:22 - Sep 5 with 1065 viewsJak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 1:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024