Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi 17:55 - Sep 3 with 3395 viewsunion_jack

Widdled on his chips?

Not in the right frame of mind poor dabs.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Obafemi on 18:05 - Sep 3 with 2824 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have never been comfortable with the childish "outtakes". The kid needs to grow up. Neither he not Patterson are comedians. Both love the outtakes and the contract posturing. There is a job to be done and i want to see some zero tolerance not ego indulgence.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Obafemi on 18:05 - Sep 3 with 2825 viewsCatullus

I read that he said he wouldn't be held to ransom well that was a bad move. he is contracted to us and has a value. If nobody meets that value he has to see his contract out. Anything else will not end very well for him in the long run

For too long players have had too much power, it swang too much in their direction after the owners having had it all for even longer. There needs to be common sense!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Obafemi on 18:24 - Sep 3 with 2732 viewsmagicdaps10

Well if he has had a paddy then he needs to realise that he might have been needed today and possibly let the club, fans and his team mates down badly.

Same goes for Ntcham if the rumours are true.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Obafemi on 18:37 - Sep 3 with 2690 viewsKeithHaynes

And I thought he had learned, doesn’t surprise me.
And he wonders why clubs under value him.

Maybe he will work it out one day.

It’s him and nobody else. Such a shame.

He should be delighted he didn’t go to Burnley.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Obafemi on 18:41 - Sep 3 with 2669 viewsWhiterockin

Obafemi on 18:37 - Sep 3 by KeithHaynes

And I thought he had learned, doesn’t surprise me.
And he wonders why clubs under value him.

Maybe he will work it out one day.

It’s him and nobody else. Such a shame.

He should be delighted he didn’t go to Burnley.

I bet Burnley are delighted as well.
Obafemi on 18:52 - Sep 3 with 2637 viewsmagicdaps10

Obafemi on 18:41 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

I bet Burnley are delighted as well.

100%.....bet Kompany would think twice about getting an attitude like that in the camp.

Obefami has an history of it and yet we have got a tune out of him.......he either gets his head sorted or we move in on in Jan for the next victims to try and deal with him.

Obafemi on 19:21 - Sep 3 with 2532 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

🔔 end

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Obafemi on 20:19 - Sep 3 with 2395 viewsBadlands

Didn’t get a move and then dropped.
Martin doesn’t understand people.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi on 20:20 - Sep 3 with 2385 viewsbuilthjack

Put him in the U21s for a few games.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Obafemi on 20:22 - Sep 3 with 2380 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We should have sold him pure and simple. Today showed anyone that 8 million minus Southampton’s cut should have been grabbed at. We’d have money to strengthen the squad at Christmas then.
Major faux pas as he can’t control a football. He can just run fast.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Obafemi on 20:43 - Sep 3 with 2329 viewsSirjohnalot

Isn’t it about man management ? If he has genuine mental health problems or eg is autistic then possible changes in his routine are going to affect him. He’s our player, when he’s playing well he’s a huge asset, we need to look after him and get him playing and his mind right.

It doesn’t matter how much money a person is on, mental health can affect anyone, anytime.
Obafemi on 20:43 - Sep 3 with 2329 viewsjasper_T

Obafemi on 18:05 - Sep 3 by Catullus

I read that he said he wouldn't be held to ransom well that was a bad move. he is contracted to us and has a value. If nobody meets that value he has to see his contract out. Anything else will not end very well for him in the long run

For too long players have had too much power, it swang too much in their direction after the owners having had it all for even longer. There needs to be common sense!

Don't start asking for common sense in employment contracts in football, or lawyers may decide that clubs keeping players form moving at all is as illegal as it would be in any other industry. Football clubs are very happy with a system where they can buy and sell someone's right to work/earn, and the worst they can face is an occasional sulk or refusal to sign a new contract.
Obafemi on 20:49 - Sep 3 with 2296 viewsmagicdaps10

Obafemi on 20:43 - Sep 3 by Sirjohnalot

Isn’t it about man management ? If he has genuine mental health problems or eg is autistic then possible changes in his routine are going to affect him. He’s our player, when he’s playing well he’s a huge asset, we need to look after him and get him playing and his mind right.

It doesn’t matter how much money a person is on, mental health can affect anyone, anytime.

I would say that Martin is clearly trying to protect him with the explanation he has given......given him time off etc.

The club would have a responsibility if as you say is the case and it appears that responsibility has been followed but if he is sulking over a move to another club rather than a issue at his current club then it reflects poorly on him and no one else is responsible.

I think he needs to sit down with his agent and his agent needs to be as straight as he can with him under the circumstances at hand.

Obafemi on 20:56 - Sep 3 with 2266 viewsSirjohnalot

Obafemi on 20:49 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

I would say that Martin is clearly trying to protect him with the explanation he has given......given him time off etc.

The club would have a responsibility if as you say is the case and it appears that responsibility has been followed but if he is sulking over a move to another club rather than a issue at his current club then it reflects poorly on him and no one else is responsible.

I think he needs to sit down with his agent and his agent needs to be as straight as he can with him under the circumstances at hand.

RM had a great press conference, irrespective of his ability he seems a decent man. The way he talks about his players and the obvious way that he wants to protect them speaks volumes. He’s also put the ball in his court saying he’ll have a chat with him on Monday and it’s up to him to get back on board.
Obafemi on 20:57 - Sep 3 with 2252 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obafemi on 20:56 - Sep 3 by Sirjohnalot

RM had a great press conference, irrespective of his ability he seems a decent man. The way he talks about his players and the obvious way that he wants to protect them speaks volumes. He’s also put the ball in his court saying he’ll have a chat with him on Monday and it’s up to him to get back on board.

Well hopefully that’s another lesson learned for him

Obafemi on 20:58 - Sep 3 with 2245 viewsWhiterockin

Obafemi on 20:49 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

At the end of the day the club placing the offers did not value him as highly as us. He should think long and hard about this as it shows how much we value him.
Obafemi on 21:05 - Sep 3 with 2212 viewsSirjohnalot

Obafemi on 20:57 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Well hopefully that’s another lesson learned for him

If I were Martin, I’d be doing exactly the same thing. Looking after my staff and protecting them.
Obafemi on 21:10 - Sep 3 with 2186 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obafemi on 21:05 - Sep 3 by Sirjohnalot

If I were Martin, I’d be doing exactly the same thing. Looking after my staff and protecting them.

That’s how bonds are made and loyalties forged. Man management entails empathy and self sacrifice

Obafemi on 21:23 - Sep 3 with 2135 viewsBoundy

Obafemi on 20:19 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Didn’t get a move and then dropped.
Martin doesn’t understand people.

Dropped , was Fisher dropped for a similar reason ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Obafemi on 05:10 - Sep 4 with 1908 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obafemi on 21:23 - Sep 3 by Boundy

Dropped , was Fisher dropped for a similar reason ?

Buyers remorse

Obafemi on 08:35 - Sep 4 with 1813 viewsRichardO

If he is considered as an asset to the club in this league, given his pace and age why would you sell him to a club in the same league as us.

As for Obefemi's head not right, did he want away, more money, a different manager,
I don't really care but if he wants to progress his career all he can do now is, get his head down and get on with it.

If we keep winning and it is a big if, he will want to be a part of a winning team.

Would he have been more clinical than Cooper with the break away chance would like to think so given his pace and experience as a forward

Cooper played well yesterday and it would have been nice if he had more confidence in the goal scoring position he found himself. Given his performance I thought he deserved to be in the team.
Obafemi on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 1746 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obafemi on 08:35 - Sep 4 by RichardO

If he is considered as an asset to the club in this league, given his pace and age why would you sell him to a club in the same league as us.

As for Obefemi's head not right, did he want away, more money, a different manager,
I don't really care but if he wants to progress his career all he can do now is, get his head down and get on with it.

If we keep winning and it is a big if, he will want to be a part of a winning team.

Would he have been more clinical than Cooper with the break away chance would like to think so given his pace and experience as a forward

Cooper played well yesterday and it would have been nice if he had more confidence in the goal scoring position he found himself. Given his performance I thought he deserved to be in the team.

Obafemi has been known to mess up in front of goal, this season a few times. The counter argument is that as you say he is far more experienced. Cooper will learn from that and get it right so I’m not losing sleep over it. Two very good performances in a row from him.

Grimes had a very up and down game, nearly costing us a goal in the first half with a terrible pass which went straight to their player. His one footedness costs us time when we need to move the ball quickly and makes him easy to dispossess due to the time he needs to get his feet sorted out.

Obafemi on 09:39 - Sep 4 with 1716 viewsRichardO

Obafemi on 09:23 - Sep 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Obafemi has been known to mess up in front of goal, this season a few times. The counter argument is that as you say he is far more experienced. Cooper will learn from that and get it right so I’m not losing sleep over it. Two very good performances in a row from him.

Grimes had a very up and down game, nearly costing us a goal in the first half with a terrible pass which went straight to their player. His one footedness costs us time when we need to move the ball quickly and makes him easy to dispossess due to the time he needs to get his feet sorted out.

If you asked me who would you have taken off in the centre of midfield Allen or Grimes, it would have definitely have been Grimes, apart from the slow blind passing he looked heavy legged after seventy minutes while Joe had a spring in his step.
We were fortunate to have such energy come off the bench.
Surprised Cullen came on for Sorinola.
Obafemi on 10:39 - Sep 4 with 1659 viewsDr_Winston

Obafemi on 09:39 - Sep 4 by RichardO

If you asked me who would you have taken off in the centre of midfield Allen or Grimes, it would have definitely have been Grimes, apart from the slow blind passing he looked heavy legged after seventy minutes while Joe had a spring in his step.
We were fortunate to have such energy come off the bench.
Surprised Cullen came on for Sorinola.

Cullen for Sorinola was a bizarre substitution.

I still don't know what to make of Sorinola. Not sure if his problem is a lack of quality, lack of confidence or a bit of both. Leaning towards the latter.

Can't fault his effort and willingness to stick a foot in, and his off the ball instincts are pretty decent. He was precisely where he needed to be on several occasions. It's what happened after that where we need to see improvement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Obafemi on 10:53 - Sep 4 with 1640 viewsRichardO

Obafemi on 10:39 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

Cullen for Sorinola was a bizarre substitution.

I still don't know what to make of Sorinola. Not sure if his problem is a lack of quality, lack of confidence or a bit of both. Leaning towards the latter.

Can't fault his effort and willingness to stick a foot in, and his off the ball instincts are pretty decent. He was precisely where he needed to be on several occasions. It's what happened after that where we need to see improvement.

As you say Sorinola has some good points defensively, can't make my mind up about him one game he looked poor on the right was swapped to left with Paterson inside him looked to be doing OK then he was swapped 5 mins later back to the right, played Congreve in who was able find Manning for the goal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024