Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Price of a Pint 20:28 - Aug 4 with 6127 viewsTogg

Okay, Mrs T likes a drink at the Langland Brasserie. Me being a totally generous and altruistic type duly obliged, even after my persuasive suggestion of a cool one in Wetherspoons was thrown out of the equation.
To be fair it was lovely as always, sitting in the sun, beautiful surroundings and people watching. Yes of course you are going to spend a bit more....but £6.35 a pint of Morretti 🍻🍺. Wow!! Is this the most expensive pint in Swansea or can it be beat? Keith you just wouldn't pay this in Cadiz and I wouldn't when we are in the south east of the CDS.
Going back to the 80's theme. £6.35 - I would have a night in Bonkers a Donor Kebab on the way home and still have change.
TIGHT GIT ALERT 😜
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 20:30]
Price of a Pint on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 2899 viewsLuther27

Only a tenner in Dubai….and served with a smile

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Price of a Pint on 20:39 - Aug 4 with 2891 viewsWhiterockin

When I was 17 £6.35 would have bought me 4 pints and filled the car (mini) up with petrol TWICE.
Price of a Pint on 20:46 - Aug 4 with 2863 viewsSirjohnalot

Price of a Pint on 20:39 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

When I was 17 £6.35 would have bought me 4 pints and filled the car (mini) up with petrol TWICE.

Wow. Good job I don’t go out drinking. What’s the average price now ?
Price of a Pint on 20:48 - Aug 4 with 2852 viewsWhiterockin

Price of a Pint on 20:46 - Aug 4 by Sirjohnalot

Pick a number. Spoons in Rotherham it started at £2.10 a pint.
Price of a Pint on 20:50 - Aug 4 with 2836 viewsSirjohnalot

Price of a Pint on 20:48 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Pick a number. Spoons in Rotherham it started at £2.10 a pint.

When I was in Uni, pub in Ponty, Bootleggers, was a £1 a pint Monday and Wednesday, £ a shot Tuesday and Thursday then it was the weekend. Great times
Price of a Pint on 20:50 - Aug 4 with 2835 viewsTogg

Price of a Pint on 20:46 - Aug 4 by Sirjohnalot

All the legals I used to know in the George on a Friday after work in the 90's were some of the biggest beer heads around.
Price of a Pint on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 2822 viewsSirjohnalot

Price of a Pint on 20:50 - Aug 4 by Togg

All the legals I used to know in the George on a Friday after work in the 90's were some of the biggest beer heads around.

There’s a lot of heavy drinking and coke use in the legal profession. Why I like the gym, my bike and running instead
Price of a Pint on 20:57 - Aug 4 with 2814 viewsbritferry

Quite a few bars in town and down in Brynmill, 2 pound odd a pint

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Price of a Pint on 21:07 - Aug 4 with 2790 viewsTogg

Price of a Pint on 20:57 - Aug 4 by britferry

Quite a few bars in town and down in Brynmill, 2 pound odd a pint

The Mill?
Price of a Pint on 21:18 - Aug 4 with 2758 viewsTogg

Price of a Pint on 20:54 - Aug 4 by Sirjohnalot

There’s a lot of heavy drinking and coke use in the legal profession. Why I like the gym, my bike and running instead

Unfortunately coke is ubiquitous now in drinking circles. I look at youngsters ( old fart alert) who start drinking at say 5 pm who are still going until the early morning. There is only one way they do that. There will be a lot of heart problems in middle age for this generation. I really think there should be more public warning/information on this matter.
Price of a Pint on 21:22 - Aug 4 with 2754 viewsSuperjan

Absolutely , sad to say but a lot of that generation have gone . When I first started working on Walter Road in the 80’s the French landlord used to celebrate Bastille Day .
Price of a Pint on 21:42 - Aug 4 with 2718 viewsTogg

Price of a Pint on 21:22 - Aug 4 by Superjan

Absolutely , sad to say but a lot of that generation have gone . When I first started working on Walter Road in the 80’s the French landlord used to celebrate Bastille Day .

We probably know quite a lot of the old characters from the George. I wasn't a regular but had a business in town and would enjoy a few pints on a Friday after work.
Price of a Pint on 21:53 - Aug 4 with 2703 viewsBoundy

When I was 17 £6.35 would have bought me 25 pints of All Bright and a packet of crisps

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Price of a Pint on 22:11 - Aug 4 with 2683 viewsGoldminer

Price of a Pint on 21:53 - Aug 4 by Boundy

When I was 17 £6.35 would have bought me 25 pints of All Bright and a packet of crisps

25 pintd? And a bag of crisps? I Must be older. I'd have got a taxi home as well ;)
Price of a Pint on 22:15 - Aug 4 with 2680 viewsBoundy

Price of a Pint on 22:11 - Aug 4 by Goldminer

25 pintd? And a bag of crisps? I Must be older. I'd have got a taxi home as well ;)

I know that's cheap but we are talking about Albright Best Bitter ( I'd hate to think what the worst tasted like ) , Cider about the same but that was NAAFI prices

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Price of a Pint on 22:17 - Aug 4 with 2677 viewsGixerJack

I filled my mini a few weeks back and it cost me £75!!! I fill it up now when it’s just under 1/2 a tank so that it feels like less.
Price of a Pint on 22:23 - Aug 4 with 2673 viewsKerouac

Bibby was a one wasn't he

My favourite was the Indian judge (I forget his name) who became the Commissioner for Racial Equality in Wales...his jokes were filthy and 9 times out of 10 involved race

Lovely bloke though.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 22:27]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Price of a Pint on 00:04 - Aug 5 with 2630 viewsKeithHaynes

Price of a Pint on 20:54 - Aug 4 by Sirjohnalot

Nothing wrong with a Diet Coke John 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Price of a Pint on 03:23 - Aug 5 with 2588 viewsbonymine

Price of a Pint on 22:23 - Aug 4 by Kerouac

Bibby was a one wasn't he

My favourite was the Indian judge (I forget his name) who became the Commissioner for Racial Equality in Wales...his jokes were filthy and 9 times out of 10 involved race

Lovely bloke though.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 22:27]

That would be Judge Ray Singh enjoyed quite a few memorable times ( as well as several ‘can’t remember’ times !!) with Ray and David Bibby at the George as well as Bonymaen Rugby Club.

They were like a double act those two both lovely fellas Dai sadly passed away a few years back now.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Price of a Pint on 08:24 - Aug 5 with 2498 viewsSirjohnalot

Price of a Pint on 00:04 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Nothing wrong with a Diet Coke John 😉

This was Cherry Coke ! Full sugar stuff !
Price of a Pint on 08:45 - Aug 5 with 2481 viewsonehunglow

Price of a Pint on 08:24 - Aug 5 by Sirjohnalot

This was Cherry Coke ! Full sugar stuff !

La la la la LO-la

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Price of a Pint on 09:37 - Aug 5 with 2457 viewscontroversial_jack

There's a lot more choice of beers these days, Morettis, isn't that nice imo, but we pay for the imported stuff.

Looking back to the 70s and 80s, there were many good things about that era, but beer wasn't one of them.
Price of a Pint on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 2412 viewsdna

Hensol Castle for a wedding - small bottles of Moretti (12 for £9.99 in supermarket) were £4.90 each!!!!
Price of a Pint on 14:19 - Aug 5 with 2359 viewspencoedjack

Price of a Pint on 09:37 - Aug 5 by controversial_jack

There's a lot more choice of beers these days, Morettis, isn't that nice imo, but we pay for the imported stuff.

Looking back to the 70s and 80s, there were many good things about that era, but beer wasn't one of them.

I took an Italian colleague out recently, he asked me why everyone was drinking crap Italian lager (Peroni) he was even more gobsmacked when I told him the price.
Price of a Pint on 14:21 - Aug 5 with 2354 viewsonehunglow

Price of a Pint on 14:19 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

I took an Italian colleague out recently, he asked me why everyone was drinking crap Italian lager (Peroni) he was even more gobsmacked when I told him the price.

Down to taste really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024