Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abolish party got abolished 16:45 - May 8 with 7219 viewsCwmafanJack

Glad to see the back of these English/ Brit nat anti welsh scum! I don't think they got over a thousand votes in any constituency, honestly laughable to think the senedd was going anywhere when upwards of 70% of the Welsh population are pro devolution.
Cymru rydd 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Abolish party got abolished on 14:22 - May 10 with 1018 viewsCatullus

Abolish party got abolished on 12:29 - May 10 by trampie

I think Tories are true to themselves and look after themselves and people of their ilk as long as they have means, when the Tories win I respect democracy and think too myself ok then the people have spoken now let's have it, more tax cuts, more tax breaks as regards pensions and incentives to save.

The Tories usually make me personally richer but I don't vote for what is best for myself, I vote for what I think is best for the country.

No issue with English people coming to live in Wales as long as the UK state pay the bill (for the strain on the economy and NHS as they tend to be older and make provision for affordable homes in such areas for young locals).

I'm not a party member and I want to be correct not wrong, I'm not a politician playing games, I call it as I see it.

I haven't seen what Price said but I don't think he was lying he is in a political bubble with people telling him what they think he wants to hear, which will no doubt be encouraging.

Oh more backpeddling, I've told you what price said, I even put a link up and now you "haven't seen"

That's brilliant that, the English can come and live here as long as Westminster pays for it....what about all the Welsh people living elsewhere, should the Senedd pay for them?

You want to be correct......I want to win the lottery, the odds seem more in my favour.

No a party member, why does that matter? You support Plaid, yes? You believe in Plaid, yes? You think them the best choice for Wales, yes?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Abolish party got abolished on 14:36 - May 10 with 1002 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 14:22 - May 10 by Catullus

Oh more backpeddling, I've told you what price said, I even put a link up and now you "haven't seen"

That's brilliant that, the English can come and live here as long as Westminster pays for it....what about all the Welsh people living elsewhere, should the Senedd pay for them?

You want to be correct......I want to win the lottery, the odds seem more in my favour.

No a party member, why does that matter? You support Plaid, yes? You believe in Plaid, yes? You think them the best choice for Wales, yes?

Welsh people don't tend to be a drain on England because they tend to be economic immigrants, English often come here to retire, don't work and need the use of our health and care services within a relatively short space of time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Abolish party got abolished on 14:37 - May 10 with 999 viewsWhiterockin

Abolish party got abolished on 12:29 - May 10 by trampie

I think Tories are true to themselves and look after themselves and people of their ilk as long as they have means, when the Tories win I respect democracy and think too myself ok then the people have spoken now let's have it, more tax cuts, more tax breaks as regards pensions and incentives to save.

The Tories usually make me personally richer but I don't vote for what is best for myself, I vote for what I think is best for the country.

No issue with English people coming to live in Wales as long as the UK state pay the bill (for the strain on the economy and NHS as they tend to be older and make provision for affordable homes in such areas for young locals).

I'm not a party member and I want to be correct not wrong, I'm not a politician playing games, I call it as I see it.

I haven't seen what Price said but I don't think he was lying he is in a political bubble with people telling him what they think he wants to hear, which will no doubt be encouraging.

"No issue with English people coming to live in Wales as long as the UK state pay the bill (for the strain on the economy and NHS as they tend to be older and make provision for affordable homes in such areas for young locals)."

You really have not got a clue what is happening in the real world. More English people come to Wales and continue to work work, than come here to retire. These people are a major boost to the economy not a drain. Many work in the NHS helping it to survive and are not a strain on the economy and resources.
Abolish party got abolished on 14:52 - May 10 with 981 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 14:16 - May 10 by Joe_bradshaw

None of my comments were about a general election, they were all about last week's Welsh election. Apart from independence Drakeford and Price are extremely close in policy thus in Wales Plaid are Labour lite and only worth voting for if you support independence. This is borne out by the figures of around 20% support.

Price needs to offer something different from Labour and maybe needs to learn from the SNP. Not everyone who votes SNP supports an independent Scotland. The SNP has been very successful in presenting itself as the party that represents the people of Scotland as opposed to the two main London based GB wide main parties. Plaid needs to portray Labour as a London based party that will ultimately toe the London centric line whereas Plaid represents the people of Wales whether you support independence or not.

It's not easy, Covid cast a big shadow over last week's election and the ruling parties in all three countries did well. Maybe next time Covid and Brexit will be well behind us and things will be more normal.

Like you say not all SNP voters support independence and likewise lots of Plaid voters don't support independence, I agree with you that Plaid do need to push the line that Welsh Labour is ruled from London and that Plaid are not, Plaid can also push that Plaid are Wales centric and not Cardiff centric, many of Plaids Senedd members in Welsh terms are based far from Cardiff, Labour are often accused of being Cardiff centric and there might be mileage in Plaid banging that drum.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Abolish party got abolished on 15:14 - May 10 with 960 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 14:37 - May 10 by Whiterockin

"No issue with English people coming to live in Wales as long as the UK state pay the bill (for the strain on the economy and NHS as they tend to be older and make provision for affordable homes in such areas for young locals)."

You really have not got a clue what is happening in the real world. More English people come to Wales and continue to work work, than come here to retire. These people are a major boost to the economy not a drain. Many work in the NHS helping it to survive and are not a strain on the economy and resources.

Blydi hell I must have missed all these young English nurses coming here, I only ever see the retirees, must be something to do with the part of Wales I live in.

Abolish party got abolished on 15:28 - May 10 with 947 viewsWhiterockin

Abolish party got abolished on 15:14 - May 10 by trampie

Blydi hell I must have missed all these young English nurses coming here, I only ever see the retirees, must be something to do with the part of Wales I live in.

Probably.

Anyway the NHS does not only consist of nurses. You may also have missed the number of English who have set up businesses in Wales employing Welsh staff.
Abolish party got abolished on 15:57 - May 10 with 924 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 15:28 - May 10 by Whiterockin

Probably.

Anyway the NHS does not only consist of nurses. You may also have missed the number of English who have set up businesses in Wales employing Welsh staff.

I heard they were stuck in a bottleneck the Eastside of Brynglas tunnel.

Abolish party got abolished on 16:39 - May 10 with 892 viewsWhiterockin

Abolish party got abolished on 15:57 - May 10 by trampie

Again you are not diversified enough and do not think of mid and north wales.
Login to get fewer ads

Abolish party got abolished on 16:58 - May 10 with 878 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 16:39 - May 10 by Whiterockin

Again you are not diversified enough and do not think of mid and north wales.

No motorways in North Wales, A55 bottleneck.

Abolish party got abolished on 18:14 - May 10 with 840 viewsCatullus

Abolish party got abolished on 14:36 - May 10 by trampie

Welsh people don't tend to be a drain on England because they tend to be economic immigrants, English often come here to retire, don't work and need the use of our health and care services within a relatively short space of time.

There are apparently over 600k Welsh people living in England. Are you saying they don't use the NHS? DO they not have families, do they not have accidents, do they never get ill?

When you talk about a drain, doesn't the 13 billion subsidy pay for them? Those English immigrants put a lot of money into the economy. They often buy nice houses then spend a lot of money on them. They spend their pensions in Welsh shops.

What are the figures then, how much do English migrants cost the Welsh NHS? and then the other way around?
What is very interesting is, you say this about the English, what about other immigrants? Should they all be paid for by their country of origin?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Abolish party got abolished on 18:29 - May 10 with 833 viewsjeza739

Abolish party got abolished on 17:38 - May 8 by LittleEnglandJack

I voted for Abolish on the regional list. I can confirm I'm neither English, a Brit Nat, or anti-Welsh scum. They never expected to do particularly well in the constituencies, and instead were hoping to make a breakthrough on the regional list. I must admit I'm surprised that they have failed to do so when most polling showed them taking 2-4 seats there. It looks like votes coalesced around the Tories instead.

I'm under no illusions that the Senedd isn't going anywhere- for me voting for them wasn't an attack on devolution in theory, but a protest vote against 22 years (and counting!) of Welsh Labour Government and in particular their handling of Covid over the last year. Nobody can convince me otherwise that several instances of Welsh Government Covid policy haven't been blatant and needless political point scoring, and from a simple ideological standpoint I think the Covid response, as a crisis, should have been Westminster led- with the devolved governments being consulted/ having some powers but not the whole raft available to the UK government. You will recall that Lockdown 1 was the decision of the UK Gov.

Re devolution, it's a shame that a huge chunk of the 70%+ of the population who allegedly are in favour of it can never be arsed to actually engage with it and vote. One of my biggest gripes with devolution is that half the population doesn't bother to vote in devolved elections- if we can get turnout to where it is in Westminster elections then it'll give the whole operation the credibility that at present it so badly lacks. I know for me personally it would've made it a lot easier to stomach the WG having their hands on the draconian covid powers if Welsh Labour had been elected by more than a fifth of the Welsh electorate.

Top post ..concur 100%
Abolish party got abolished on 20:08 - May 10 with 806 viewsCatullus

Abolish party got abolished on 15:57 - May 10 by trampie

I have limited knowledge of this, I have no figures but if I'm allowed to domas Trampie does and base it on who I know in my area...

Playzone on Morriston Ent zone, owned by an English fella and run by a fella from Portsmouth.

The surgeon who's going to do my hip replacement is English though my Gastroenterologist is Chinese.

In my wifes dept in Morriston Hospital, there is a fella from Cornawall...or Devon, I forget which.

I'm sure there are many more and obviously, none of them are retirees.

Abolish party got abolished on 20:27 - May 10 with 795 viewsFlashberryjack

Abolish party got abolished on 17:38 - May 8 by LittleEnglandJack

I voted for Abolish on the regional list. I can confirm I'm neither English, a Brit Nat, or anti-Welsh scum. They never expected to do particularly well in the constituencies, and instead were hoping to make a breakthrough on the regional list. I must admit I'm surprised that they have failed to do so when most polling showed them taking 2-4 seats there. It looks like votes coalesced around the Tories instead.

I'm under no illusions that the Senedd isn't going anywhere- for me voting for them wasn't an attack on devolution in theory, but a protest vote against 22 years (and counting!) of Welsh Labour Government and in particular their handling of Covid over the last year. Nobody can convince me otherwise that several instances of Welsh Government Covid policy haven't been blatant and needless political point scoring, and from a simple ideological standpoint I think the Covid response, as a crisis, should have been Westminster led- with the devolved governments being consulted/ having some powers but not the whole raft available to the UK government. You will recall that Lockdown 1 was the decision of the UK Gov.

Re devolution, it's a shame that a huge chunk of the 70%+ of the population who allegedly are in favour of it can never be arsed to actually engage with it and vote. One of my biggest gripes with devolution is that half the population doesn't bother to vote in devolved elections- if we can get turnout to where it is in Westminster elections then it'll give the whole operation the credibility that at present it so badly lacks. I know for me personally it would've made it a lot easier to stomach the WG having their hands on the draconian covid powers if Welsh Labour had been elected by more than a fifth of the Welsh electorate.

Absolutely spot on

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Abolish party got abolished on 20:41 - May 10 with 783 viewsCatullus

Abolish party got abolished on 20:27 - May 10 by Flashberryjack

Absolutely spot on

Yes and the part about devolution support is very telling. Just why do so many people who are apparently so in favour of something never support it by voting?

It's almost as if we're being lied to by people with an interest in keeping devolution going! Unless of course all that mysterious 20% are all 15 or under.

Abolish party got abolished on 20:46 - May 10 with 777 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 20:08 - May 10 by Catullus

I have limited knowledge of this, I have no figures but if I'm allowed to domas Trampie does and base it on who I know in my area...

Playzone on Morriston Ent zone, owned by an English fella and run by a fella from Portsmouth.

The surgeon who's going to do my hip replacement is English though my Gastroenterologist is Chinese.

In my wifes dept in Morriston Hospital, there is a fella from Cornawall...or Devon, I forget which.

I'm sure there are many more and obviously, none of them are retirees.

I suggest you look a bit harder to find the figures.

Abolish party got abolished on 20:51 - May 10 with 772 viewsCatullus

Abolish party got abolished on 20:46 - May 10 by trampie

I suggest you look a bit harder to find the figures.

No, I'll just do like you do and make out my small area is representative of all of Wales.

If you want to prove your point, provide a link.

Abolish party got abolished on 20:55 - May 10 with 764 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 20:51 - May 10 by Catullus

No, I'll just do like you do and make out my small area is representative of all of Wales.

If you want to prove your point, provide a link.

I don't live in a 'small area', I was brought up in one parliamentary constituency and have close family and friends there, I live in a different parliamentary constituency and I work in another parliamentary constituency.

You can do your own research.

Abolish party got abolished on 09:41 - May 11 with 718 viewsCatullus

Abolish party got abolished on 20:55 - May 10 by trampie

I don't live in a 'small area', I was brought up in one parliamentary constituency and have close family and friends there, I live in a different parliamentary constituency and I work in another parliamentary constituency.

You can do your own research.

Of course you live in a small area. Do you inhabit the whole of Wales?

I don't need to do research, I'm not the one trying to kae the point, you are. If you say something then cannot provide evidence to back it up people will say you are wrong, again.

Which thread was that cut and paste from? I'd like to read the original.

PS, for some context, I was brought up in one constituency and worked there, then I moved and lived and worked in 2 different constituencies. Then I moved and lived in another different constituency before moving back to Swansea where, in the last 25 years I have now lived in 3 more constituencies. I live though, in a small area. I don't think that having lived and worked in so many different areas that I live in them all and I cannot speak as to the make up of areas I lived in years ago. I still have family and friends in those areas but they can only provide me with their opinions. Unless you have real evidence for your claims, they are just opinions.

Abolish party got abolished on 10:52 - May 11 with 702 viewstrampie

Abolish party got abolished on 09:41 - May 11 by Catullus

Of course you live in a small area. Do you inhabit the whole of Wales?

I don't need to do research, I'm not the one trying to kae the point, you are. If you say something then cannot provide evidence to back it up people will say you are wrong, again.

Which thread was that cut and paste from? I'd like to read the original.

PS, for some context, I was brought up in one constituency and worked there, then I moved and lived and worked in 2 different constituencies. Then I moved and lived in another different constituency before moving back to Swansea where, in the last 25 years I have now lived in 3 more constituencies. I live though, in a small area. I don't think that having lived and worked in so many different areas that I live in them all and I cannot speak as to the make up of areas I lived in years ago. I still have family and friends in those areas but they can only provide me with their opinions. Unless you have real evidence for your claims, they are just opinions.

Check out Wales' demographics on :- Wales' Fiscal Future: A path to sustainability ?

Abolish party got abolished on 12:33 - May 11 with 670 viewsReslovenSwan1

Abolish party got abolished on 19:42 - May 9 by Catullus

The result of the poll is still the result of the poll. Maybe a lot of people were like myself and knew a vote for abolish was definitely wasted? You see people can have strongly held beliefs but still be pragmatic.

You say abolish is dead but maybe it's just the start for them, they are far more recent than Plaid Cymru and from little acorns grow mighty Oaks...or they may disappear up their on exhaust pipe. Who knows. If Abolish has a leader who comes across as less of an anti Welsh twunt they may pick up.
66% of the vote went to pro union parties who support what you call Wales-shire. Suck it up buttercup. Adam price has sucked it up and admitted what a bad day it was for Plaid, your turn now.

The Abolish party was simply there to earn votes of people dissaffected with polliticis. These people in reality people dissaffected with life. They were hoping for the "protest vote " and english immigrants.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024