Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poppy Outrage Thread 09:41 - Nov 1 with 9004 viewsNeath_Jack

It's that time of year again.

Post all your rage in here, some annual examples:

A local Muslim owned shop has refused to serve anyone wearing one.

James McLean.

Such and such politician has appeared on TV whilst not wearing one.

Someone wearing a white poppy.

Someone wearing a poppy that isn't orientated at the correct angle.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:10 - Nov 1 with 1434 viewsTreforys_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:55 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

I get what you say but what do you say about the photo of him reading a story to his two small children wearing a balaclava?

I'm interested to hear the answer to that.
Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:14 - Nov 1 with 1426 viewsraynor94

I get what you say but what do you say about the photo of him reading a story to his two small children wearing a balaclava?

I think he said it was something to do with his central heating breaking down........

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:24 - Nov 1 with 1403 viewstrampie

He claimed he was giving them a history lesson.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:32 - Nov 1 with 1394 viewsFireboy2

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:24 - Nov 1 by trampie

Good role model then eh 🙄
Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:47 - Nov 1 with 1374 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:32 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

Good role model then eh 🙄

He’s not going to win any father of the year awards put it that way.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:48 - Nov 1 with 1371 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:10 - Nov 1 by trampie

You know what they say, wear your poppy with pride.

An American can wear a MAGA hat with pride. It doesn’t make it a symbol of pride for the Americans.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:56 - Nov 1 with 1367 viewsNotLoyal

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:24 - Nov 1 by trampie

As Keith has said elsewhere, family members from the South who served and fought the real nazis. Maybe McLean should stop off in Mullingar one day and get his own history lesson. Might learn something. I'm certain one or two still speak Moron in the area.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 22:58]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Poppy Outrage Thread on 23:30 - Nov 1 with 1340 viewsDJack

I thought it slightly amusing and I hate the pratt.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Poppy Outrage Thread on 23:31 - Nov 1 with 1339 viewsBoundy

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:14 - Nov 1 by raynor94

I think he said it was something to do with his central heating breaking down........

Who knows maybe they ran out of peat .?There must be a perfectly rational reason why you'd wear a full face balaclava in the house , although on reflection the kids didn't look like they were cold , strange

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Poppy Outrage Thread on 00:02 - Nov 2 with 1309 viewsDr_Parnassus

Strange OP Neath.

Surely those on this forum would be far more respecting of people to choose rather than being outraged at their choice. Those that are normally outraged at such things and the policing of political and social views have migrated to the other place.

If people want to wear one great, if people don't then I am sure they have their reasons. Play on.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 07:19 - Nov 2 with 1266 viewstrampie

I wonder what Perch is going to say regarding posters saying it should be a choice whether an individual wears a poppy or not ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 08:52 - Nov 2 with 1248 viewsBoundy

Poppy Outrage Thread on 00:02 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Strange OP Neath.

Surely those on this forum would be far more respecting of people to choose rather than being outraged at their choice. Those that are normally outraged at such things and the policing of political and social views have migrated to the other place.

If people want to wear one great, if people don't then I am sure they have their reasons. Play on.

Looking for a reaction and he got one all 3 pages worth . I wonder if anyone who have created one if this hadn't been , I suppose we'll never know

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:02 - Nov 2 with 1235 viewsonehunglow

Poppy Outrage Thread on 07:19 - Nov 2 by trampie

I wonder what Perch is going to say regarding posters saying it should be a choice whether an individual wears a poppy or not ?

Wonder no more.
Wear one fine,dont wear one fine.

I just repel from those REFUSING to wear one because of our involvement in NI.

The Wonder of You.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:07 - Nov 2 with 1232 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:44 - Nov 1 by trampie

I didn't think you meant that but that is the way it reads, if you was a Serb and your town had been bombed by the RAF working for NATO would you wear a poppy ?

I guess it was okay for the Serbians to practice ethnic cleansing of fellow Yugoslavians. The failed attempts of the EU peacekeeping forces under the United Nations resulted in NATO having to intervene and restore peace to counties who wished to break away from the former Yugoslavia.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:11 - Nov 2 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:07 - Nov 2 by felixstowe_jack

I guess it was okay for the Serbians to practice ethnic cleansing of fellow Yugoslavians. The failed attempts of the EU peacekeeping forces under the United Nations resulted in NATO having to intervene and restore peace to counties who wished to break away from the former Yugoslavia.

Felix.
#Help me here before I put this poster of perma ignore;is he slagging off the RAF? The people who gave him the right to express his anti British views.

As for Serbs, think I draw the line right here as I will be banned for expressing my feelings on them.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:47 - Nov 2 with 1205 viewstrampie

I think those wonderful men in their flying machines are great, I love Britain, Pagans, Druids, all great, I will be wearing a red poppy this year as I do every year with pride but I fully understand somebody from the Bogside or Belgrade nor wearing one if they choose and I won't diss them for it, nationality is an accident of birth, if Perch was in McClean or Matic shoes would he wear a poppy I wonder......hmm ?
Thinking about he probably would....lol
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 11:36]

Poppy Outrage Thread on 13:20 - Nov 2 with 1171 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 15:53 - Nov 2 with 1129 viewsProfessor

Poppy Outrage Thread on 13:20 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

And just to remind people these are also available (along with many others including a Welsh Dragon version) from the Poppy Shop online. If you can't get out you can still contribute if you wish.

I will wear mine, but have no issue with anyone who does not.
Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:26 - Nov 2 with 1106 viewsCatullus

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:47 - Nov 2 by trampie

I think those wonderful men in their flying machines are great, I love Britain, Pagans, Druids, all great, I will be wearing a red poppy this year as I do every year with pride but I fully understand somebody from the Bogside or Belgrade nor wearing one if they choose and I won't diss them for it, nationality is an accident of birth, if Perch was in McClean or Matic shoes would he wear a poppy I wonder......hmm ?
Thinking about he probably would....lol
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 11:36]

Not many countries outide the Commonwealth do poppies. They have their own remembrance systems.
As I pointed out to you about Serbia.

As others have pointed out, the RAf was bombing Serbia as part of a NATO operation, not because we were in an illegal war, haven't been since we got rid of Blair, have we?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:07 - Nov 2 with 1093 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:26 - Nov 2 by Catullus

Not many countries outide the Commonwealth do poppies. They have their own remembrance systems.

As others have pointed out, the RAf was bombing Serbia as part of a NATO operation, not because we were in an illegal war, haven't been since we got rid of Blair, have we?

Yes Blair should be tried for war crimes.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:55 - Nov 2 with 1055 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:26 - Nov 2 by Catullus

Exactly not many countries outside the Commonwealth do poppies, Ireland is outside the Commonwealth and do their own thing and McClean regards himself as Irish and Serbia is outside the Commonwealth, so why people expect people from places that have had issues (whether rightly or wrongly) with British forces are expected to wear a poppy is crazy.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:02 - Nov 2 with 1049 viewsLohengrin

Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:55 - Nov 2 by trampie

Exactly not many countries outside the Commonwealth do poppies, Ireland is outside the Commonwealth and do their own thing and McClean regards himself as Irish and Serbia is outside the Commonwealth, so why people expect people from places that have had issues (whether rightly or wrongly) with British forces are expected to wear a poppy is crazy.

The RBL appeal extends to the Republic of Ireland, Tramp, of course it does.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:17 - Nov 2 with 1035 viewstrampie

They fought alongside us in the Great War Lohengrin being part of the Union state at that point in time (let Perch know that fact will you) and lots of them fought for us in WW2, but they have their own commemoration day (a totally different date to ours).
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 18:18]

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:23 - Nov 2 with 1026 viewsonehunglow

I told you on t other site Perch is dead but I know he was aware of that and also what the Irish State thought of supporting Britain at its time of need. Not unlike the First World really.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 18:24]

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:27 - Nov 2 with 1021 viewsonehunglow

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:02 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

The RBL appeal extends to the Republic of Ireland, Tramp, of course it does.

You've cost me a lot of money in books.

Im looking after myself these day as wifey's mum is fading fast and she' s caring there.

Consequently,to stave off boredom,Im reading more often.

Warwick sent me Tony Cotteys autobiog too and a good read it is.

Available to a punter if requested

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024